/simg/ Simulation Games General

Who needs a canopy Edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C/NTTR and modules released AFTER those from steam(released after 12th May 2017), because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
Your pain setting up controls is over
i.imgur.com/R5bNpo7.png
i.imgur.com/l68Wzlm.png
i.imgur.com/ylhQnWD.png

>Falcon 4, BMS, SF2, real-life flight manuals and field manuals.
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Combat Mission
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rTUQqJYqq3yHsXjxUMA6MVvxgfI8nudMf8Nw95V2Mqk/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=r5hCfUZZJhc&index=31&list=PLoiMNu5jyFzRg0t6eYg0V5AfKSAoVArcZ
youtube.com/watch?v=qiHpYZen-oY
forums.mudspike.com/t/announcing-the-styrspak-fpl-37-viggen/5578
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any strategy games you guys could recommend? I want that depth and realism.

Command Ops 2
CMANO
Scourge of War

dcs syria fucking when

>vkb pro stick delayed another month
AAAAAAAAAAA MAAAAAAAARCHHHHHH

Rule the Waves is breddy good if you're into that sort of thing.

>all three are real-time (yeah!)
>the engine for Command Ops 2 is free (gratis)
Thanks!

I'm into anything that has depth, thanks.

she never had a chance

up

I said fucking U P

>fly mi-8
>VRS

she's a fat, heavy, slow Russian dump truck... treat her like one
>also use the Doppler gauge to measure drift and avoid dangerous sink

Just wait for the F-18. /simg/ was literally dead until the Harrier was released

I think people are gonna be pretty disappointed in the early accesses hornet, it's not gonna have any of the weapons that make it capable and interesting, like the AIM-120, AIM-9, AGM-88 or AGM-84. I'm also pretty worried that the actually good weapons are being added later gives more initiative for servers to ban them.

i don't want to be alone

You brought this on yourself.

It won't be as bad as early access Harrier

True. No moving map wtf

How finished and fun is the Mirage 2000 nowadays? Does it have any Caucasus campaigns? I might pick it up in the next sale

If the AI RIO in the F-14 handles all the radar and navigation things won't that make it a pretty simple and relaxed plane to fly as the main pilot?

>dcs ai

just have a friend do it user

Only one of my friends is remotely interested in flight simulators and he's more of an IL-2 guy, and I doubt he has the autism required to play the radar operator role while somebody else flies the plane

fly

desu i think the rio will be more fun to play than flying the plane

better alone than homeless

>harrier been out for 3 months
>actually worse now than when it was released
They kept saying that 2.5 is delayed because they want to make sure that nothing breaks but fucking everything broke anyway.

Well the F-18 is being made in 2.5 from scratch so it's okay)))

A-10 VMU: ALTITUDE! ALTITUDE!
A-10 VMU: PULL UP! PULL UP!

Wait, it's not even going to have AIM-9s when it comes out?

Oops, meant AIM-9X.

>it's not gonna have any of the weapons that make it capable and interesting, like the AIM-120, AIM-9
Why would it not have those weapons? Aren't they already in the game? Or are there specific versions of them that only the F-18 has and that ED hasn't created yet?

you guys actually get on DCS togeather? I'm fairly new to it and still learning the game

Most them aren't in the game and have a ridiculous amount of ways and modes to employ them with. As for those GBU's that already are, I'm guessing it has to do with a mode that involves the ground radar.

take off

RAIN DROPS DROP TOPS

Now that trees are collidable, can you play helos in online servers without F15 assholes raining missiles down on you from 30k 20 miles away?

You can use them for masking sure. If you're in the open they'll still see you if you're flying fast enough though.

Trees should help a lot with radar guided SAMs now however.

RELEASE DATES GET DELAYED NONSTOP

too true
spitin bars tho

AIN'T BEFORE HAD DCS HIP-HOP

If it didn't I was gonna say we're getting a plane with less air-to-air capability than an A-10c

Mission 9 of the A-10C Georgian hammer campaign

In the previous mission we pushed the Russians out of Zugdidi, they have now fallen back across the Inguri river and set up defensive positions.

Our task today is an offensive CAS role to support two ground task forces as they cross the river to try and take two objectives, Objective Nebraska and Objective Florida.

This is the mission planner overview, it is important to note that the enemy units that are visible here are due to prior recon of the area, during the mission however there are many more enemy units not shown here, I like to think it adds a touch of realism, surely we would not know about all enemy forces in the AO right? But we would know about initial defenses.

For this AAR I am going to post it over a longer period of time to help keep the thread alive instead of dumping it all in one batch.

Yay. I actually enjoy these a lot.

Half of the models for Tacview aren't working anymore in DCS.
AV-8s are paper airplanes
M2000s are paper airplanes
Tanks and trucks are boxes.
Bombs are thrown sideways.
How do I fix this?

wait for an update?

We used to, in this ancient tradition called "ops"

this tradition has long since been lost to us.

As a professional radar operator, I am unironically looking forward to "flying" the F-14 from the back seat, exclusively.

Here is a closer view of the main area we will be working today, our ground forces will cross the bridge just east of objective Nebraska, you can see the Russians have set up a defensive line consisting of T-80U's to stop anything coming up that road , they are supported by shilka's and zu23 emplacements.

Admittedly I had to fly this mission twice as DCS crashed during my 1st playthrough, so on the 2nd playthrough I had a better idea of what was going on, the 1st playthrough was far more intense and I was completely task saturated for the majority of the mission, this AAR will take the view of my 2nd playthrough, although I may add elements of the first, Im not sure yet, the 2nd playthrough was still quite tough and I still made a few mistakes.

Thanks user

An in game view of objective Nebraska, looking from the east, that is the road our ground forces will take, hopefully you can just see the T-80U's

This is objective Florida looking north, Nebraska is east of here,not much going on here, but there is 3 T-80U's on the western side

Again for this mission we have a number of allied flights we can call in as well as 4 JTAC's to play with, we also get to control when the ground forces push they consist of "Oiler" an M1A2 Abrams platoon and "Titan" an M2A2 Bradley platoon.

More to come a bit later

Did you design the mission or run it? Your posts seem to imply you did both but somehow surprised yourself as well. Either way, I am interested.

Nope this is just a mission from one of the free campaigns that come with the A-10C module, keep in mind Im making these posts after Ive actually flown the mission, not during.

We had some ops last friday flying some missions of the the old ass campaign one of the ops makers made.

Default Load out for this mission consisted of 4xCBU-105, 2xCBU97, 3xAGM65H, 3xAGM65D, along with the tgp,ecm pod and pair of aim9's.

This plus 10699lbs of fuel is a massive load and puts the total aircraft weight at 48098lbs, 3% over max gross weight of the A10-C.

I decide to go with it, I figure this is going to be a long mission with many targets, I dont know why I get cbu105's and cbu97s but whatever.
My wingman has the same loadout.

With this load the rotation speed is 144knots while takeoff should happen around 154knots with 7° of flaps.

Im taking off again from runway27 at Senaki and use almost all available runway to get this pig in the air,there is a slight corsswind blowing in from the south, the initial climb out is shallow and slow.
As with the previous missions I turn to the east and climb away from the front to get some altitude before turning back in.

Did you apply to the regulator for a dispensation on MTOW? Or did you do your planning based around bogus weights so if you're ramp checked they won't know you're overweight, temporarily ground you and issue a "show cause notice" at 4pm on a Friday to be responded to by 9:15am Monday morning?

simg dead on arrival
>2.5 will save the thread btw
:)

During my climb out I call in a SEAD and CAP flight, shortly followed by a CAS flight, I enter wind data into the LASTE, I dont know why but ever since my testing with it I cant help but do it whether it helps or not.

The CAS flight "Boar 8" calls that they are engaging aaa and sams and then eventually call they are defending those same targets, I look out to the expected area they are in and see multiple sam launches then followed by a shower of debris falling from the sky and to never hear from Boar8-1 again.
I just sucked off the regulator, its all good

I do hear from his wingman man Boar8-2 though, he calls that he is killing armor, I look out to only see him get BTFO aswell and to never hear from him again.

The CAP and SEAD flight are in the same area, taking care of business and they fare much better, I should of waited a bit before sending in Boar, I had no idea how close their push point was to the front and I end up sending them to their deaths.

What's LASTE used for and how do I use it?

Thanks too.

Here's a look at my RWR during my climb out,
the "15" is an SA-15 while the "SD" is a "snow drift" search radar, used in conjunction with an SA-11 site, while the "S" is just an early warning radar.
In case nobody knew, although the "15" is showing as the furtherest away on the RWR, it doesnt actually mean it is the furtherest away physically, the position icons show up on the RWR indicates the signal strength of the radar, closer to the center is high while further is low.

Later on I find that the SA15 site is just up the road from objective Nebraska, while the SA11 site is miles behind the front lines, and the ewr radar even further back to the NW on the coast

You are using it there in that webm, it is providing the CCIP gun reticule among many other things.
When you enter wind data into the system it will correct CCRP and CCIP cues to account for wind.
This works not only for bombs but rockets and the gun.

Does it have to be input only once during the mission or it has to be adjusted?

Just once as far as I know.
At the briefing screen before a mission there is wind data, you cant just enter that straight into the system, it needs to be converted first.

The briefing screen data shows the wind "going to" a true bearing and speed in m/s, and altitude in meters while the data you need to enter must be "coming from" and magnetic bearing, and speed into knots and altitude into feet.
I use this docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rTUQqJYqq3yHsXjxUMA6MVvxgfI8nudMf8Nw95V2Mqk/edit#gid=0 spreadsheet to do the conversions, just punch in the data at the top as it appears in the briefing screen then use the data at the bottom to enter into the CDU.

Actually just watch this youtube.com/watch?v=r5hCfUZZJhc&index=31&list=PLoiMNu5jyFzRg0t6eYg0V5AfKSAoVArcZ

Thanks user

youtube.com/watch?v=qiHpYZen-oY
>muh brrrt
>muh designated CAS shitter
>muh 30mm flying platform
>cant even destroy a fucking toyota
a10s are a bigger meme than i thought holy shit

Is that why there is basketball sized holes all over the toyota?

the occupants are dead, how the wreckage looks does't matter

I get up to an altitude of 13k feet, higher than I wanted, but I got distracted by Boar flight getting nailed, turn back towards my ip and setup an orbit, slew my tgp over to objective Nebraska.
I easily spot the T-80U's along with a zu23 site and eventually a shilka, although the ground is littered with craters from a friendly arty strike the vehicles stand out much more, I take a good look in the area and even follow the road back east to the bridge to make sure I dont miss anything.
Happy Ive located all threats to my ground forces I task 2 to take out the shilka while I go in for a maverick run on the tanks.

I rifle off a single agm65D at one tank and an H at the other, I want to keep my load balanced, just as I rifle off the H I start getting painted by an SA13 and a mig29, I turn to the south and call AWACS for a bogey dope, SA13 stops targeting me but the mig does not, AWACS tells me he is within 20 miles, I start diving for the deck while turning back east over friendly sams and look out for missile launches on my six, only to hear "Dodge 1, splash bandit..." and the 29 spike disappears off the RWR.

I filmed this webm from the replay of the track, when the soundwave/shockwave of those explosions reached the camera it shook a little, which I thought was a nice touch, also straight after this webm ends and my recording ends an f15 flew in low from right to left and was shot down from some vehicles in the background just beyond that stream, it crashed right here, it was pretty amazing and gutted I didnt record it, I might go back later and get it, it was a nice view.

I setup again for another run on the rest of the tanks, I get told another CAS flight is on station and ready to push "Boar 3" I call them in, I rifle off another agm65D, on a T-80U, looking back I wish I had used an H instead and try save the D's for air defense targets, I task 2 to hit the rest with his mavericks, as I come off target I contact the ground forces "Oiler" and "Titan" and tell them to move on objective Nebraska

I return to my orbit and overlook objective Nebraska, I start looking further west from there in preparation for my ground forces to move on after they take Nebraska, I spot some more ground vehicles just a few clicks up the road, some BTR's couple more T-80's and that SA13 that spiked me from earlier, over the radio I hear "Boar 3" engaging targets, I look out over in that direction to see them wrecking house in that area I was just looking at and the SA13 goes up along with many other vehicles, along with a few zu23 sites which I elected to leave as they dont pose much of a threat.

I take a look down the road that my forces are expected to come up, they havent even crossed the river yet, the bradleys are out in front though and that is a little concerning, they wont get to the objective anytime soon so I better take this time to really clear it of any threats to them, so I take a good look around at whats left from "Boar3's" attack, and not a lot, I look even further to the west to the next town and see nothing of major threat to my forces, a couple zu23 sites still up, but I dont worry about them, but I do spot a sinlge T-80 next to the road hiding in a line of trees that Boar3 missed.

I task 2 to take out the last T-80 with a maverick, he rifles one off only to have it hit a tree rather than the tank, I pull him off and decide to drop a cbu97 on it, about 10 minutes have passed since I last looked in on my ground forces as I come in for a CCRP drop on this T-80.
Just as I pickle it off and turn back east to watch it go in, my ground forces tell me they have taken Nebraska and await further orders to push on to Objective Florida, as soon as I get that message I get spiked by another SA13 and immediately get a Missile launch warning from the MWS, I look back and see a missile come up at me from the town I looked in earlier that I thought was empty, I dump flares and take evasive maneuvers, the missile explodes harmlessly.

My cbu97 did not kill the T-80.
I reset off to the east and take a another look into the town, spot an artillery battery just outside it and the SA13.

I get the SA13 up in the tgp and he's high tailing it to the south, can these things fire on the move?
I use my last agm65D to take it out.

I start getting spiked by another mig29 just as I kill the SA13, I turn east again as I hear allied flights engaging the bandit and I eventually hear the "splash bandit" over the radio.

I turn my attention back to the single T-80 just up the road from Nebraska and my ground forces, I decide to get 2 in on it again this time with his bombs, I also start thinking about clearing the way to objective Florida for my ground forces, I know Florida is to the west of their current location so I call up the JTAC that is operating in that area "Axeman1-1"

2 drops 2xcbu97 on that single T-80 and takes it out, Im happy my ground forces are not in any immediate danger and turn my attention to clearing the way to objective Florida.

The JTAC tasks me to take out a couple of tanks just SW of Florida, he also warns of an SA13 to the west and an SA11 site to the NW he wants me to use bombs so I decide to use 2xcbu105.

During my approach the SA11 site became active, up until now it was just the "snow drift" search radar, it starts painting me and just as I am about to pickle off theses cbu105's I get launched on, multiple times.

I break off my attack to the south and start dumping chaff and activate the ecm pod.
The missiles explode in the air just above the targets I was running in on.
I come back around and approach from the south, putting as much distance between me and the SA11 site and pull up my agm65H's to try take the tanks out at range, but its no use I cant get close enough without being launched on. Just then as if by some miracle I get told that another SEAD strike is available so I call them in immediately.

I set off to the SE and hold while the SEAD strike comes in

lol wtf it didnt even explode a10 fags btfo

After holding to the SE for what seemed like an eternity I decide to go to the F2 view to see what this SEAD package is doing, and the fucks arent even off the ground yet.

Losing patience and fuel, I check my fuel and Im down to 3500lbs, still a bit but I have no idea how many more targets are out there.

I wait a bit more and decide fuck it im goin in.
I bring up my cbu105's again and start an approach from the south at high alt, I dont know why but the SA11 site is no longer active, the snow drift radar still is but it isnt locking me up (I need to check this in tacview) maybe it was out of missiles I dont know, the only aircraft in the AO at this point is me and my wingman and an F-15 cap.

With fuel dwindling I tell my ground forces to move on objective Florida

I pickle off 2xcbu105 one at each tank but only manage to take out one, so I come back around to finish off the other with an agm65H, I spot another target on my run in and launch my last H at it, think it was a btr.

After I rifle off my last maverick I get lit up by an SA13, the one the JTAC warned me about, I dump flares and break south, this whole time I forgot what my wingman was doing, he was following me in on the run and I turn back to see him take two missiles and go down, he did eject though.
I should have really got him to hold while I ran in. oh well lesson learned I guess

JTAC informs me of no further tasking so I decide to RTB, I figure if there is anything left down there my ground forces can take them out.

As I RTB, my ground forces reach the Florida objective and I get the mission success message, also that SEAD package finally turned up and finished off anything that was left.

was fucking around in F2 view while RTB and saw the SEAD fire off these gnarly looking things, its an agm154 JSOW, as I understand we will eventually get these for the hornet.

well thats it for mission 9, was getting pretty tired there towards the end of posting this is the first time in this campaign ive really been challenged by sam threats, even if they are pretty easy to defeat in the A10 what with the MWS and western RWR, also lots of countermeasures it still gets the adrenaline pumping when you've been sitting in a mission for 40 minutes and get fired on.

Mission 10 to come in the next day or two, still have yet to fly it.

You're doing god's work user. Keep them coming. Been thoroughly enjoying reading through these. They remind me of hexfag's AARs.

Im glad someone is enjoying it, I will keep em coming and you posted the webm I made like 2 years ago wow that is awesome.

page 10

forums.mudspike.com/t/announcing-the-styrspak-fpl-37-viggen/5578

I bet they will be expensive

I'm not particularly interested so I don't care

I wonder how much the F-18 stick will be though

First one of these I've seen and I really enjoyed it. Motivates me to go run some missions, hopefully when the 18 comes out we'll have some interesting CAS and maybe multi task missions.

Previous 2 missions are in the last thread, I would find them for you but on phone

cleared for takeoff

CLIMB

fuck you you fucking faggot dead general

faggot fuck you fucking dead thread fag thread OPS NOW GIVE MY OPS BACK MOMMY I WANT OPSIES NOW!!!!!1!!