/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Jho waiting for his release edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed) (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, Frontier, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Hunt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xjBfBkwmZdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Charge Blade is bae

We could've made it to 1000 last thread

First for is how did Jho reach the new world?

Is Diablos the best CB?

MAKE A LIST OF ALL /mhg/ SQUADS AND PUT IT IN THE OP FFS

Where my CHADge Blade bros at?

There's foob there

lavasioth is such a fucking bullshit fight

half the time you can't even hit him, this is bad game design compared to old monster hunter games. its a fucking reskinned jyuratodas that you can't do damage to for half the fight

So is Bombardier any good for LBG shittery? I have a bunch of lv. 1 slots and a pile of these gems. I assume they affect the mines and hopefully sleep bombing. Does it affect any ammo types?

Are there any good guides for how to use the SnS? Or can anyone here give me a general rundown on how to play it alongside some good skills/sets?

Riding on Bazel's back.

Monster Hunter is fucking dead.

Every fucking iteration they make it more and more casual friendly.

I remember being 12 and playing MH for the first time on the PS2 and getting my ass handed to me, I had to watch my attacks and get good. Now with MH4U I can mindlessly smash with the CB, press R to morph if I am ever in danger to GP and faceroll monsters.

Looking at the game play of X makes me even more disappointing. They gave IG's easy mounting gimmick to everyone with Aerial style. Evasion+3 baseline for Bushido style and then SUPER MOVES for everyone. That is just unbelievable.

Why do all my favorite games have to die to casualization to appeal to a wider demographic in this era? I miss when developers had backbone and said "No" to babies crying about the difficulty, now we're coddled and spoiled by devs who will do anything in their power to make the game easier for us.

Soon these games will just be pretty cutscenes and QTE's so that everyone can experience the Monster Hunter experience.

Terrifying

I really miss the way online used to work in previous games.
Rooms with anons where you hunt together for hours are dead.

Now it's either find a squad or do Souls style SOS flares.

>Field Team Leader is taller and more muscular than your male hunter
>Admiral is like fucking 7 feet tall and probably wrestles diablos with his bare hands AND fucks black diablos into submission with his 12 inch long 8 inch wide dick
Literally no reason to NOT make a huntress when your male hunters look like scrawny soyboys raised by single mothers. A fucking cat is more manly than male hunter.

I'd do very lewd things with that cat.

your dog has autism

youtube.com/watch?v=xjBfBkwmZdU

Why won’t Pukei drop it’s damn quills! I just need 2 more! I break the wings every time and all I get are scales and... WINGS! Do I need to be on low rank and break its wings there!? Damn this shit is frustrating

BING

The Handler has a HBG against your Palico's head. You're given 24 hours to find, stalk, and bring any large monster to orgasm, or else your cat gets the bullet.

What monster are you mounting, /mhg/?

>I remember being bad at the game
>Now I'm good and it's not the same

WAHOO

How do LBGs work in this game? My LBG has a ton more raw than some of the base LBGs but the ammo does the same damage. Is it only for the melee or is there hidden damage the numbers don't show or something?

>Soon these games will just be pretty cutscenes and QTE's so that everyone can experience the Monster Hunter experience.
>implying MH World isn't already this

Can I just mount the handler instead?

Black Diablos is in heat

I don't think I need to say any more

I’m glad they’re not making the games so clunky and obtuse. There’s nothing wrong with a low entry barrier as long as the skill ceiling remains similar

A lot of the roars in this game aren't as impactful as before but man, Uragaan's gutteral noises are so fucking good

I sure love being nice and firing off an SOS flair in a 2 man elder dragon hunt only to have the player that joins run around the monster terrified and making me kill an elder dragon with twice the health. Motherfucker had the gall to send me a message about how they didnt know what to do and thanked me for doing the entire fucking hunt for them.

the handler

It literally isnt

>tfw was legit sitting on edge waiting for QTEs to pop up during the beginning action cutscenes

Any SA users farming tempered shit here

I need advice regarding what SA's to use

should I just run Dyling light for everything and use rath axe for fire weakness enemies?

Can a monster take off in flight when you have it mounted?

If i recall the same type of monster shows up in 4U and Generations and it's just as annoying with it's invincible underground tactics 80% of the fight.

Question- so I upgraded my weapon and absolutely shredded a giant jagar to the point where he spit out a "wyvern tear." I made the thing cry? What are these used for? I tried to Google it and all I can find are year old threads from previous MH's. Says you can use them to purchase rare items from some veggie herb?

>HBG

It's too late for her. I've already set my Wyvernblasts.

Yes but not far

Do you have any proof of your GQ140 solo quest?

It can fly but they won't change areas

newfag or just baiting?
jyuratodus is the reskin, lavasioth is mostly the same shit as he always was.

Put the cat away canta.

blos with elementless
if you don't have that gem yet then use dying light yeah

I honestly can't get into it. It's not difficult, in fact it almost feels too easy. Build up charge, put charge into shield, build up charge, go ham, rinse repeat. Aside from phial choice, etc. it's too regimented and clear cut. No matter what you're doing the best course of action is just the same bread and butter of charge up-->phial burst

I'd rather play gunlance every time. There are honestly too many "hybrid" weapons now.

>send SOS flare during Xeno's optional so that people who want to farm him have it easier
>the people who join fail the quest for me

Fuckers

>61% of hunters in Wildspire Waste died in area 11
>area 11 is that small cave system right next to your camp
What the fuck? What are they all dying to?

>players with lewd callouts for when they mount a monster
I can't hunt like this

Paolomu because it would give the best blow job.

Can anyone post some CB or SnS armor sets?

Rathian, easy.
tags: male on furry, reptile, unbirth, netorare, mindbreak, cheating, pregnancy.

how to farm Majestic Horn?

It just gives research points

your 140 zinogre, super azurebolt or second district duremudira solo clears?

>gem grinding
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCK

Legiana. Honestly the whole hostage situation is just giving me an excuse.

>not using the sexiest callout of all
"Je suis monte"

So what weapons are even bad in world? Only SnS and Hunting Horn?

I bet he could do it too.

Does the bonus damge from SA's "Overcharge" count elemental damage?

Thanks. Well that's a let down

Just hit it with slinger shots, it spends hardly any time underground and isn't very aggressive during it.

Can imagine you lot trying MHF Cephadromes. What a god damn slog those were

Wht not revamp the entire armor system?

>each oeice of armor comes with a different amount of skill points (so a rath helm has say 3 and barroth has 4)
>these skill points can be used to purchase skills for the armor piece, each armor can only select certain skills
>wearing multiple pieces of the same set grants a bonus to your skill points
>keep armor set bonuses

So you keep a similiar system like in world, where each point adds a level in the skill and add a decent list of available skills for each armor piece. Rathalos has always been about attack so it has access to more attack skills than barroth.

To add further balance make geberal purpose attack skills (attack up, WE, etc) cost more points per level. So the afore mentioned 3 points could buy 1 level of WE or 3 levels of a much weaker skill.

It would make full sets more viable and customizable for the minmax crowd, while enabling better looking clownsuits

>gotten 3 Rath gems in 6 hours of grinding

Break Diablos horns

SnS is fine, its just HH.

...I just realized I haven't even tried either yet.

treasure dragon

>And that's how Bazelgeuse was born.

Neph, your trip

why are all these slicing fags aiming for the head surely you should use slime for breaking the head unless it diablos or does slicing break parts regardless

Ignoring the stupid CB damage output I think the weapon is designed in a terrible fucking way right now.
It has a fun overall moveset but more than half of it is useless.

-Axe is useless period. at most you could go for a bigger unsheath attack or target tails, but there's no real reason to. You can just stay in swordmode forever and do super burst instantly.
-Sword as it is is fucking boring. You essentially only use the chargeup combo to charge up your shield. LAME
-why is impact phial a thing its not even a fucking blunt weapon all it does is kill other CB variants
-guardpoints are super cool but with how broken the weapon is currently there's barely a reason to master that mechanic

Its like it has too many mechanics for its own good and interns are in charge of balancing the moves it has.

>SnS is bad
nice one Kiddo. But yes, the HH is bad unless you have godlike patience and know your way around a song

Fuck off

damn, itd be so hype to fly above the map while mounted

slicing breaks pretty much everything and causes a shit ton of trip damage

Is the bonus sharpness still green or already blue?
My eyes aren't good enough to tell it's so fucking tiny with handicraft +1 and the white border doesn't help.

I actually have this problem when looking at weapons to upgrade at the smithy too. I just can't fucking tell, it's so damn tiny. Any tips?

>just watched a player get sleep'd and carted by a gajalaka
Those little munchkins don't mess around. The monster kept getting paralyzed by them, too.

So are there any /mhg/ squads up/recruiting?

Whats the best gunlance? Nergis eradication flame cause of its high raw and decent dragon? Or daoras cause of the affinity and high ice?

Sword mode is fun af I love the moves it has to reposition

looks blue desu
just save and buy it and reload if it's green

>Build up charge, blow your load, it's too regimented and clear cut
>Honestly pretending slam full burst, full reload is any fucking different aside from being a bit faster but less damage
>Too many hybrid weapons
>Literally just swaxe and charge blade
wew fucking lad

nerg and zorah
none of the others come close really

>Chad Blade has combos, looks stylish, AND shits out damage
Literally no reason to use any other weapon.

as a hammerfag should i still be aiming for the head, always, even on rathion who takes like no damage on his head?

Those things are so fucking strong.

None. My cat will shrug off the bullet and drink a potion.

>encounter the little fuckers for the first time
>expect them to be like Melynxes
>annoying, but largely harmless
>NO FUCK YOU WE THEM EWOKS
>AND YOU THE STORMTROOPERS, FUCCBOI

can anyone help me out?

Nice argument

>bazel joins the fight
>someone's auto callout for dung pods is "POO POO FOR YOU REEE"
>mfw

i want reddit to get off my game

>got my first mini crown on vaal on my 6th kill on him
>dont know what the fuck i did to get it
?????
>this kills the elder dragon

>full burst
?
You shouldn't ever be using any shell attacks or WF on GL.

Alright did that. It's green. Is there an easy way to know whether one more handicraft level would make it blue or not?

meant to say barroth