EVE Online General - /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog
Reminder to never trust, listen to advice or take fits from anyone in this general.

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Actually, training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is F2P now, as is playing with the skills listed here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>forums.eveonline.com/t/februrary-balance-update-assault-frigates-and-assault-damage-controls/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Skills:Gunnery#Small_Blaster_Specialization
i.imgur.com/PQ5YBIf.jpg
i.imgur.com/h8AKeiZ.jpg
zkillboard.com/corporation/98502318/
i.imgur.com/FUrfh9n.jpg
i.imgur.com/c5x2Kdy.jpg
i.imgur.com/HDqgwUP.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

missile jaguar is shit

>Is there a way to check how long skills train without programs or being in game. I want to know how long does it take to train blasters to t2.

Look up the blaster skills somewhere, say, eveuniversity
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Skills:Gunnery#Small_Blaster_Specialization

Multiplier = x3
Primary Attribute = Perception
Secondary Attribute = Willpower

Each level of a skill needs SP to complete training.

Level I: 250
Level II: 1,414
Level III: 8,000
Level IV: 45,255
Level V: 256,000

So if you want Small Blaster Spec V, then it's 256,000 * 3 = 768,000

You train SP at the rate of 60x primary attribute and 30x secondary attribute, per hour.

If you have 31 Perception and 25 Willpower then you train at 31*60 + 25*30 SP/Hour = 2610 SP/Hour

Hours for S. Blaster Spec V = 768,000 / 2610 = 294.25 hours or 12.25 days.

>Also should i even bother with MTU if system is popular, i heard people just shoot them down all the time.
Also from eveuni:
At 17,500 HP, the Depot is not particularly tough, but if it's damaged to 25% of its shield hitpoints it will go into a "reinforced mode" for two days. During this period it cannot be damaged further, giving you enough time to either defend it or scoop and escape. After the two-day reinforcement timer is up, if it has not been repaired, it can be destroyed and its contents looted.

This is one of those days when I want to go out and scan but I'm exhausted as shit and just want to wait out the time until I can go to sleep.
Sleep is gay. I'll find some shitters to kill tomorrow.

mjd master race

Tried communicating with a russian and they started laughing, told me he knew I was using google translate.

Can this survive kusion ?

i.imgur.com/PQ5YBIf.jpg

survive what

do you mean incursion?

initiated compact warp scrambler

You can only currently handle 0 targets.

I'm talking about code.
Maybe this would be better :
i.imgur.com/h8AKeiZ.jpg

And what subcap can reach 1m ehp or more since they nerfed T3 ?

will handle your dick in the meantime

>hey look at these nameless stats

zkillboard.com/corporation/98502318/

>highsec
who gives a shit

Everybody but you ?

i.imgur.com/FUrfh9n.jpg

>survive

What, are you trying to survive after getting caught in a freighter?

You're fucked if the shooting starts. Don't get caught.

Do those look like the stats of a freighter.

>imgur

why the fuck would you link to an image upload website from an image board

i.imgur.com/c5x2Kdy.jpg

i.imgur.com/HDqgwUP.jpg

>Be in a *elite* Goon Corp
>Nice area in Delve, quite enough to jew it up but also a pipe system with enough shitters coming through for us to meme on as to not get bored.
>Bro in corp just got his supercarrier and we get wind a small hostile t1 cruiser gang in is coming down to us.
>Setup a camp with a dictor as a cyno bait.
>Hurricane fleet makes contact, saber bubbles and lights cyno.
>Supercarrier bro jumps immediately starts melting ships.
>Hostiles surprisingly counter with a dread drop.
>Super carrier makes mistake of lighting cyno in the wrong fleet and by bad luck comms crap out on us.
>Managed to get a 2nd cyno up and kill a few dreads but was too late by that time and our super carrier was dead.
>Faggot allied alliance next door that does nothing but cherry pick brings haulers to loot our fallen supercarrier. Despite us saving their worthless asses dozens of times before.

>Setup a hic camp and start killing their haulers that were at the site looting, no fucks given if they are blue or not.

I've never felt so satisfied.

>pandemic horde solo dread roam

>elite goon corp
stopped reading there

Shecate

The highlights of my account are decent drone skills, Cal/Min Cruiser V and Logi 5. Pretty decent gun skills. Good Tengu skills (rip Tengu). Could probably skill it for a month and have a pretty good Mach pilot.

I've also got an alt with pretty good Drone and Covop/scan skills.

What the heck do I do to make money that is still good these days? Exploration? I don't want to run missions.

>Logi 5

Exploration is good and fun, even better if you have good hacking and scanning skills. Its generally not time efficient to run data sites however, ghost sites are great to run but if you fuck up on the hack or take too long you likely will die.

If you're in a big meme alliance, importing/manufacturing is a really easy way to make a ton of isk and really the best way in EVE to make money. You may even find it easier to buy minerals locally like if you're in goons in delve. Even getting into capital building isn't as hard as you think because its just minerals and doesn't require tech 2 fuckery. I would avoid tech 2 manufacturing as its skill and time intensive.

What I do is create contacts with doctrine fitted ships all pre-loaded with ammo/mods and list them at 20-30% more the total jita sell value of all the materials. Its a pretty easy way to make money because many people can't be arsed to fit their own ships and are rich enough to not give a shit.

Another null thing you can do since you're drone skills are good you could fit up a Oversized AB VNI and run forsaken hubs anomalies which usually nets about 25mill isk per tick if your skills are good. However its semi-AFK and just as mind numbing as mission running, you also risk getting killed if your not paying attention by webbing rats or hostile gankers.
On the mission side of things, running Burners/Blazing is a great way to make a ton of isk but its skill intensive and unforgiving. Running incursions with a group is also good, but in my experience also autistic as all fuck and just as bad as mission running.

I'm in a nothing at the moment to be honest. My corp died years ago and I quit.

I'm not sure if I'm up for the nullsec madness or not.

What's wrong with Logi V? Logi V Scimis used to be all the rage for fleet stuff. I know nothing about the current meta.

>muh logi
>muh blobs

-----Damage to do (Damage to Resist)-----

Angel --- Explosive (Exp/Kin)
Amarr --- EM/Thermal (EM/Therm)
Blood Raiders --- EM (Em/Therm)
Caldari --- Kinetic/Thermal (Kin/Therm)
CONCORD** --- Thermal (All)*
Gallente --- Thermal (Kin/Therm)
Guristas --- Kinetic (Kin/Therm)
Khanid --- Thermal (EM/Therm)
Mimintar --- Thermal (Exp/Kin)
Mercenary --- Thermal (EM/Therm/Kine)
Mordus --- Kinetic (Kin/Therm)
Odamian --- All* (Kin/Therm)
Drones --- EM (All)*
Rogue Pirates --- All* (EM/Exp/Kin)
Sansha --- EM (EM/Therm)
Serpentis --- kinetic (Therm/kin)

I think hes just trying to dog about the 5 in place of V

amarr

>posting on /dog/
>but not making his dog food by hand

:thinkgen:

dobermans are chill dogs to have.

The engagement options for a Slicer in lowsec are so minimalistic. It outpowers basic t1 frigates and is outperformed by a lot of faction and upper-classed ships.

Not like slicer pilots look for fair fights

>fair fights meme

So I have some leftover 10mn arty jaguars. What happens with them after the changes? Am I gonna grandfather the guns just like double bubble dictors had?

XL shield extender when
3200mm plate when

when they would improve the game

Not sure about hardpoint changes. I know I can't undock on one of my ships that lost a high slot.

That's a different argument.

T1 frigs' range, and even locking distances, are very simple counters to "just making it functional".. as if it's worth doing that for the fun anyway, outflying every AB ship below cruisers.

stop talking bollocks zoltan

Strawman.

>takes his time to do all this shit
>buys shitty meat
wew

it doesn't really matter, but you can't do incursions on your own. Their are plenty highsec incursion groups out there. Most null groups worth their salt have their own incursion runners that run fleets, I know goons has it down pretty tight.
Ratting in VNI's is possible being out of alliance meme but its not usually worth doing in systems that aren't upgraded on the ADM's/IHUB. Also you run the real risk of being dropped on if you out alone in npc null alone if you're in anything bigger unless you're smart enough to manage it.
Doing FW plexes is okay income too but there are better sources imo.

If you want to be independent go do exploration, NPC null Stain is a good place and I know the alliance Good Sax has a freeport keepstar there so you can exchange sheckles with those happy merchants close by. Just watch out for the Ruskies in the north end by catch and TEST. Aside from that doing the pirate relic sites in WH space is also good. Just make sure they are not the sleeper ones.

You join goons if you can take their brand of autism

Just don't join TEST, BRAVE or Pandemic Horde unless your idea of fun is being cannon fodder with no return.

>I counter you by having short lock range

DRAKE

daily reminder that lowsec relic sites are perfectly decent

>application

>durr missiles bad application what's a stasis webifier

>web covers your entire range
>web fixes hmls

oh god what the fuck did they do to t3s i unsubbed in early 2016

made 3 shit and 1 good

>the ECM armor tengus are now impossible
well that's one reason to never sub again

>what is falcon

but I want my t3c to do everything flawlessly

>Ever getting close enough to web someone in a missile boat

>missiles = kiting

They're free minerals, they're mine, I own them.

[Catalyst intensifies]

Why is the Raven the premiere ship for almost any activity in the game? It's amazing at PvE, mining, small gang PvP, large fleet PvP, faction warfare, you can even haul goods in it.

can you link me a mining raven fit? thanks

>Long range warfare
>FC always warps fleet at 0

That's a nice Raven. What's your fit?

Cruise Missile Specialization V

Redpill me on Pandemic Legion. Should I join them?

>amazing in PVE

Oneiros

Is the evemon loadouts not loading for anyone else?

Ship>view loadouts from osmium>fetching loadouts for ship> there was a problem connecting to osmium

Vexor Navy Issue

it better not be

What is the best Titan to train for?

No fuck all the main powers

Erebus, spatial phenomena reduces therm resist 15% so you can annihilate shit with moroses and naglfars with phased ammo

One of the two in that pic, there are too many avatars and erebusi in the game.

If you dont want to do anything for majority of time then yeah.

And?

I fly ships based purely on how aesthetic they are

Why are you asking which is the best then? Just pick the one that looks the best in your opinion.

I'm asking which one looks the best

Anyone else like to fly logistics/electronic warfare ships in PvE just to be unique?

>people D-scan me
>Oh cool, this guy is solo ratting with a Inquisitor, respect

>solo ratting with a Inquisitor
>respect

I rat in a Rook

I do level 3 missions in an Oracle

>be the same as 99%
>no one cares

>fly something rare
>people actually notice you

Want people to say you got balls? Fly mining barges into low sec.

>Want people to say you got balls? Fly mining barges into low sec.

You are mistaking stupidity and bravery.

If they don't catch me, it's bravery.

Anyone want to run level 5 missions?

found a Vital Core Reservoir and started huffing it and dscanning, saw some core probes and a stratios, then they disappeared

Huffed for a couple minutes before the stratios dropped on me and killed me like the idiot I am

For whom and what potential ISK rates?