/emugen/ - Emulation General

What happened to the Supermodel core edition

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/libretro/status/961431730442919936
twitter.com/libretro/status/961429516722823174
twitter.com/libretro/status/961429145644339201
docs.libretro.com/library/compatibility/snes/#snes9x-2010
youtube.com/watch?v=GkjRSwxJNBs
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9OKuox9tv0
youtu.be/8xA9fosum4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xt2uyDqbA-Q
romhacking.net/hacks/3473/
youtube.com/watch?v=WGOxwcTtXbE
github.com/libretro/snes9x/commit/8b180496ac64e206da1b09ede2617f634788ff59
snes9x.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5728
github.com/simias/beetle-psx-libretro/tree/overclock
github.com/simias/beetle-psx-libretro/blob/overclock/libretro.cpp#L52
youtube.com/watch?v=Q61FU4UwwHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kek,what's he talking about?

obviously retroarch is a viable long term project

oboyherewegoagain
go fix mame pls

entrepreneurs are the cancer that is killing emulation

What I want then is for you to piss off from my timeline and no longer appear wherever I am talking, and also to shut your mouth online about me. That is what I want. Also, reimburse the money for that Shield hardware would be a nice gesture back. "I don't like you and have no interest in working with you" - yeah the dude who sent you that hardware whom I had to convince to send it to you because I wanted to show my appreciation for your work would be sure glad to know what the return on his investment was - 'alright, hope he stays'. That is what happens when I take chances on people. Pathetic parasite. If you don't like me and have no interest working with me, then you don't need the toys I hooked you up with either. Reimburse the money already. There is a 'donate' button on the website right there, with several options on how to reimburse it. And no, I don't need the hardware back, I need that money you took from a guy whom 'you don't like'. I can find better contributors that I could hook up with some other gear instead, and unlike you they don't stalk me around either and fling mud in my face.
Go fuck yourself with your sanctimonious bullshit, and BTW, next time I see you entering another thread again where I am around, one of my repos, places where you were unmentioned, and you keep this kind of 'prodding' along, I will report you. That I can assure you. I am about fed up with your constant vitriolic bullshit buddy and now I'm about to do something about it. You are put on notice here. All your posts are going to be deleted, out of sight, out of mind. Your presence is unwanted and undesired from this point on, and I will make sure that you stay gone.

Slang support for OpenGL when?

Either I'm retarded, or there's no wiki article for emulating on Android?

SP is usually an autist but he actually has a point.

I love my Ryzen 2400G!

Sure. Just like there's no specialized 'emulating on Windows' page. Just read the pages for what you want to emulate rather than looking for a host page.

I'm trying to play Clone Wars on dolphin and apparently it's the hardest game to get working.

However in the wiki it says some people got it working by turning on MMU in the game properties. But I don't see it in the properties. I tried looking on google but it doesn't tell you where.

Did anyone else get it working?

You know I was thinking of finally upgrading from my A4-4000 and getting a 2200G, but then I remembered that I have no money.

Cheers user

you dont have it yet

or do I

Just right click on the game

bump

Heh, the Super Nt does a thing similar to static syncing where it downclocks the video output to be 60.0Hz instead of 60.098Hz so it syncs better on modern LCDs.

Is that supposed to be impressive? That's like the bare minimum that they could do without just being pants on head retarded.

Pretty sure RA does that too. Though it's not TAS friendly or accurate, it does make for much smoother gameplay to end users.

twitter.com/libretro/status/961431730442919936

twitter.com/libretro/status/961429516722823174

twitter.com/libretro/status/961429145644339201

CPU overclocking is now a thing in snes9x 2010/mainline with libretro/retroarch.

>You can get the latest up-to-date cores from our buildbot through the Online Updater available from inside RetroArch.

I did that but the overclock option didn't appear on mine.

Buildbot is still busy building the new cores and uploading them

Thanks, gonna try later then.

Oh yeah. It was only in NEXT before, right?
I remember when that feature was new and people were touting it as 'yet another hit to make zsnes completely obsolete, even in its inaccuracies' or something.
Which reminds me, does the 9xNEXT core actually have any issues? It used to have a missing effect on FF6's intro but nothing else known.

That was SFX overclocking, this is the main CPU.
>Which reminds me, does the 9xNEXT core actually have any issues?
docs.libretro.com/library/compatibility/snes/#snes9x-2010

Nah that was just for the SuperFX, and it was already incorporated on the mainline and 2010, now this one is the real shit:
>the slowdowns in games like Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts are completely gone, ditto in Sparkster, Gradius 3, Super Castlevania IV, Mega Man X1, and so many other games that were really plagued by slowdown due to the Super Nintendo's notoriously underpowered CPU. It even helps in games like Donkey Kong Country 2 which still tends to suffer from slowdown a lot. It also seems to greatly improve the framerate/fluidity of SuperFX games, so definitely try it there as well. Even games like Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past seems to benefit in that not only the slowdown is gone, but the transition effects when moving between screens is a lot smoother.

who cares about superfx overclocking when snes9x already runs those highly inaccurately and too fast any way?

>snes9x-2010
I thought that was a core based around 2010's mainline, rather than the performance NEXT fork. The latter having been made mostly for speed on the Wii.
Oh damn nice.
Wait, so is it just not underclocking when accessing different memory regions? I remember something like that being said recently here, how it could be fixed easily on the emulator's side. That's interesting if that's the thing.

You're thinking of ZSNES. 9x is pretty damn close and has been for several years. Not byuuTism accurate, but reasonable.

Next was renamed to 2010.
CATSFC was renamed to 2005.
PocketSNES was renamed to 2002.

>snes9x already runs those highly inaccurately and too fast any way
Have you actually used it at all?
Snes9x runs most stuff pretty accurately, timings included. It obviously loses to higan but it also doesn't need a modern CPU to get playable framerates.

>CPU overclocking is now a thing in snes9x 2010/mainline
You mean the standalone emulator by mainline or what?

Oh. All of those are based on 9x? I thought catsfc was its own thing designed for low powered hardware, like gpSP.

No. The main 9x retroarch core.

Isn't that maintained by the creator of Snes9x? How would that work if the changes aren't in standalone?

I FUCKING LOVE EMULATION!

Dunno. Maybe the option is there, maybe it's not exposed in standalone. But what he meant by mainline, as asked, was the RA core. Since he said 'with libretro/retroarch'.

That's Gradius 3, right? It's not in the filename or metadata.

Have you played a real snes at all?

>people say mGBA is the best GBA emulator
>it can't even remember what controller I selected to use
hm

It is, if any enemy bullet is on screen it start to slow down, more bullets = more slow so it's a really easy game to show the overclock function.
youtube.com/watch?v=GkjRSwxJNBs
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9OKuox9tv0
youtu.be/8xA9fosum4Q

"those" is plural, post the other SuperFX game(s) that Snes9x has issues with.

I didn't play shit ports on my SNES

>Ever bothering with standalone
Works fine through RA. Less issues than VBA-M and a million times faster.

>Snes9x

youtube.com/watch?v=xt2uyDqbA-Q

Oh yeah, they did sort of port Doom to SNES. It was so bad I forgot about it. Maybe blocked it out.

star fox

Nope, there's no issues with Star Fox on Snes9x.

I suppose that could be true in your own mind

what issues does star fox have in Snes9x?

runs too fast

Nope. That's literally what the SuperFX overclocking was made to do, mimic ZSNES running Star Fox too fast.

no it doesn't

kys mamefag

hows citra nowadays

Depends on the game and your CPU, as usual.

Trash, as always. Incompetent devs. 9 months since keys were dumped and it still can't load encrypted content.

worthless chink shit

Literally Russian Malware.

1. How long has this been a thing?

2. Is it in standard SNES9x?

3. Many early Konami SNES games were poorly programmed. Big speedups can be made on real hardware with zero romhacking by simply improving the programming. Converting the game to use FASTROM results in big speedups. Super Ghouls n Ghosts got a romhack like that.

romhacking.net/hacks/3473/

youtube.com/watch?v=WGOxwcTtXbE

4. How much does it OC the CPU?

5. Is it inaccurate? The code says "reduce cycles".
github.com/libretro/snes9x/commit/8b180496ac64e206da1b09ede2617f634788ff59

6. OC the PlayStation CPU should be next. PGXP-PCSXR by that Icehutbutler did it.

>6. OC the PlayStation CPU should be next. PGXP-PCSXR by that Icehutbutler did it.
Last I heard Mednafen does some GPU/CPU speed syncing thing that could potentially break a lot of stuff if you just blindly make the CPU faster, then again I don't recall anybody trying to just do it and see what happens.

>SNES9x aims to have compatibility with all games and avoid using game-specific speed hacks. If you want to use a emulator with a different focus, then please consider using a different emulator such as UOSNES.

snes9x.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5728

Good job on letting the thread die during your shift americlaps

>citra devs implemented telemetry before the ability to change your character's name in games
>you still can't change your names in it
>despite "unofficial" builds existing where you can

What's the overclock factor exactly? Does it just double the frequency?

Yes they all are to some extent

And yes it's a stupid renaming scheme since it makes as if the only difference between those emulators was the year of the version of snes9x code being used.

Useless renaming is actually SP's trademark (pretty much as ridiculous as the '-next' renaming scheme), just like useless refactoring.

>with zero romhacking by simply improving the programming.

Not sure what you are actually trying to say or if you really understand what you are saying but considering the ROM contains the program ASM code, 'improving the programming' obviously involves ROM hacking

>snes9x.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5728
> 'Camo_Yoshi'
That's not even a dev and he was likely speaking out of his ass so how is this relevant?

Quick attempt at "true" overclocking in beetle: github.com/simias/beetle-psx-libretro/tree/overclock

I've barely tested it but I don't have much time right now so if you want to give it a try you're very welcome.

The overclock ratio is "hardcoded" in libretro.cpp and set to 1.5 (150%) by default: github.com/simias/beetle-psx-libretro/blob/overclock/libretro.cpp#L52

Is Windows still far superior when it comes to emulation?

Will overclocking fix shit framerate or just slowdown?

Nope. With everyone going open source and with projects like retroarch, the same emulators are available on linux, where there's no need to deal with desktop compositing or unwarranted levels of memory and cpu usage just to run the OS.
There are still a few windows-exclusive emulators like pj64, but most (if not all) of those can be run perfectly through wine.

I'd like to eventually switch to linux, but I do enjoy some PC games without linux ports.

But what about angrylion for instance?

It's available for mupen64 through retroarch. Not sure if it works with pj64 through wine, though I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

Many 3D games are capped at 30fps. You need to learn cheat codes to unlock 60fps. The investigation of 60fps cheatcodes for PS games is really lacking. A few have been found.

This guy claims 60fps with gameshark unlocking is possible in GT2, with CPU x5 overclocking.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q61FU4UwwHU

I'll take a stable 30, since King's Field 3 runs at about 15.

Thank you based Simias.

>The Company Store coupon included

Is higan still the only option for Super Game Boy emulation?

I just want to emulate on my Wii U.

30 fps hurts my eyes and my brain.

>Get a 144Hz monitor
>Now even 60Hz isn't smooth anymore
I want to go back.

>not realizing it can be set to 120hz

How do you guys feel about the new built in Xinput wrapper for DS4 included in one of the recept Windows updates? (Assuming it was the Fall Creator's update but honestly it's been a while since I tried connecting my DS4 to my PC so it could be an older one.)

Kind of hate that I can't customize the buttons (I liked using the touchpad to take screenshots) or adjust the light bar sensitivity (that very bright red color creates terrible reflections on my TV, but nothing a couple layers of duct tape can't fix I guess) but the analogs actually seem to work a bit better in the one game I tried? I dunno, might just be placebo and maybe it's not changed at all but I'm curious if others saw any difference.

Also is there any way to bypass this shit and go back to using DS4Windows or whatever? From what I've tried those tools no longer recognize my DS4 at all (it's simply recognized by the system as a wireless xbox controller) but surely there is some way around this? Not sure I want to go back yet since honestly I might be ok with just leaving it like this, but would be nice to know if it were at least possible.

In 99% of the cases the color saturation in GBC will be better than SGB. SGB emulation is pretty worthless if you ask me.

Honestly I just want to play DK '94 in all its glory, there's like else it brings to the table like you say.

Stop eating tide pods.

So I've had this old jpcsp emulator on my system for ages. Haven't really used it much.
But now about half a decade later, with today's update for kaspersky detected a trojan in the avcodec-52.dll that's in the jpcsp archive.

What's up with that? Was jpcsp malware trash all along or is kaspersky just being stupid?

upload it to virustotal

good news is there's no reason to use jpcsp, even as a relic

Can anyone direct to a tutorial on how to build this one on windows?
Never compiled anything before.

I can't help you with that but SP just told me that the patch seems to work for him, I'll clean it up and hopefully merge it tonight. Then it should be available on the buildbot.

poor butchered mednafen psx

Not butchered, improved!

That's cool, i just wait then.