Dude evil lmao

>dude evil lmao
>dude short lmao
are these the ONLY two modern views of him

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Charles_Louis_de_Lasalle
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Charles_Louis_de_Lasalle#Citation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His narcissism led to thousands of deaths, how the fuck is that not evil?

he was no more evil than the other european tyrants of the time/ the british who kept assasinating people

>His narcissism led to thousands of deaths

You gonna need some non-anglo sources for that statement m8

t. Duke Wellington

The majority of European nations he fought declared war on him, not the contrary. He just happened to be better at war than everyone

NO.
Happy now?

Not really. I'd say he was much more villainized in 19th century than today. Napoleon today has a legendary aura around him, and i don't think that will change soon.

This. He was pretty analogous in the 19th century to our modern conception of hitler. I've never seen the napoleonic wars being moralized besides among history nerds.

Are there any countries with a generally positive view of Napoopan except France and Poland?

He was good until he crowned himself emperor

everyone outside of the west

but the same is true of hitler

Doesn't Italy like him too?

does anyone in china/whatever have any views on napoleon? kinda doubt it

>are these the ONLY two modern views of him
Never once in my public American education was he implied to have been evil, that judgement was pretty much squarely reserved to 20th century leaders.

you forgot

>dude Russia lmao

I blame all of 19th century imperialism on him

3rd worlders name their kids after him
nice
based

Britain started the Napoleonic Wars, fag

United States.
But thats an easy one.
Any country would love you if you give them land about 2 times the size of what they had already, when all they wanted was part of a river.

>the most anti-manlet country in the world
>positive view of napoleon
lol

Slovenia because he freed them from Austrians
They still have a few statues of him

it's not so much positive as it is a fixation of the "dude short lmao", at least to the common man, ignorant of anything else Napoleon has done

>short meme
>inb4 but his peers
Not how averages work.

Maybe its because I live in a pretty polish area.
But seems like everyone here likes him, honestly thats probably it.

hello lloyd

the average man of the time was short

everyone who met him called him short, stael, barras, laure permon, etc.

how is this hard to understand

Possibly a regional thing then, I suppose. In my experience, it was almost always "the short french general right?" just as the cartoons and mockery depict. Not even an emperor, just a petty general with a funny hat...

India
>french
>killed brits
>made nation states possible
>mysore

You guys realize you're the same as Neo-Nazis who deny the Holocaust, right? He imprisoned and assassinated political enemies and was a fucking dictator who destroyed every idea of freedom the revolution tried to create. I know you guys love to be contrarian and hate all germans and british but do you legitimately think he was a good person?

>seeing history in terms of "good" and "bad" people

wew lad

>He imprisoned and assassinated political enemies
Then again who diddnt back then
He was much more democratic than most European rulers of the time

>and was a fucking dictator who destroyed every idea of freedom the revolution tried to create
He actually kept alive a lot of the revolution's ideas under his reign (notably meritocracy and equality under the law) which permitted them to be ingrained within the people of Europe long enough to survive the feudal restoration after his fall and spawn the 1848 Revolutions a few decades later

You're an imbecile who can't relativize things
Of course if you compare him to Obama or Trudeau he was a dictator.
But try to compare him to the Russian Tsar or the Prussian King of the time, and he suddenly looks very progressive and democratic

if people don't want to die in war they can just surrender totally

>You guys realize you're the same as Neo-Nazis who deny the Holocaust, right?
a ridiculous start to a ridculous opinion
>He imprisoned and assassinated political enemies
many of whom were trying to kill him, he exiled most of his enemies btw, something that the revolution also did
>was a fucking dictator who destroyed every idea of freedom the revolution tried to create.
most freedoms of the revolution were being poor and guillotining people
>muh dictator
nothing wrong with that
>hate all germans and british
i hate germans because they're disgusting treacherous snowniggers

i am british, more or less
>but do you legitimately think he was a good person?
he was a ruthless man for a ruthless age

he's certainly a good deal nicer than many other people running around at the moment, cough mugabe cough putin cough assad cough

He spared most of the monarchs/high rank people he fought.
>He was a dictator
Have you ever heard of the Napoleon code? One most the most influential constitution ever? And by becoming emperor, he stabilised France. This country would have probably disapeared since there was a revolution every damn week because people were never satisfied with the governement. By becoming emperor, he forced people to obey to the majority of ideas the révolutionnaires created. France needed a """dictator""" in the years following the revolution because otherwise the country would have never survived. And French people/soldiers genuily liked him

>He spared most of the monarchs/high rank people he fought.

Napoleon was extremely kind with his defeated enemies
Ge conquered Vienna three times and Berlin once, yet he never deposed the Austrian Emperor or the Prussian King.

Meanwhile, the Prussians wanted to execute him after defeating France in 1814 and it's only thank to Anglo-Russian "kindness" that he was merely imprisoned on some island instead

everything that threatens the british / rothschilds / transylvanian khazars is evil. see: everything every except them.

>And French people/soldiers genuily liked him

This
Dude came back to France from Elba with 2,000 men and took back the entire country without firing a single shot
Doubt an evil tyrant hated by the people could do that

This
People try demonize him because they think he went on a "mad world-conquering spree" be he almost never declared war on anyone and was always kind with his soldiers and his ennemies. He even helped the wounded Russian soldiers in Smolensk.

>a high level of discourse is expected.

>ywn travel Europe with the Emperor

>ywn teach European qts the taste of French liberty

>ywn burn French flags with the Emperor to prevent them from falling to Russian hands

He was a civilized latin against the barbaric german horde. And too kind for this world.

>ywn save the Emperor from Russian ambush

>Ywn live your last days with the emperor on the Sainte-Hélaine island making him coffe and food while he rents about his past glories

>le Napoleon was the Hitler of the 19th century meme
Not true at all. Most opinions of Napoleon during the 19th century were positive. French, Poles, Italians, Slovenes, Croats loved him, even Russians, Germans, and Brits grudgingly respected him. He was not viewed the way we view Hitler today (that is, as an incarnation of evil) at all

>ywn LARP as Romans with the Emperor

>ywn visit Moscow with the Emperor

fuck napoleon is so fucking hot, my cooch is so hot for him

Not really true for "Germans": while the Prussians hated him for nearly destroying - the Bavarians and most of south germans loved him, because he let em be Kingdoms.

It´s said the Emperor wore a grey coat with red collars in the case he was bleeding his soldiers shouldn´t see it. And that´s nearly also the Fuhrer wore alwys brown trousers after 1942 ...

are you fat tho

nappy hated fat and ugly chicks

Reminder that Nappy shagged his slutty sister

What did you expect from the people that got humiliated by him over and over again?

The British Whigs were pissed that liberté, égalité, fraternité appealed to the common man more than the thin gruel of parliamentarianism that they were offering and the monarchists were so ass-blasted because the only viable strategy that the flower of European nobility could come up with was choke his trenches with somebody else's dead.

> And that´s nearly also the Fuhrer wore alwys brown trousers after 1942 ..

kek

it's been 200 years

at some point anglos need to shut up

>platonic shag

heh you brits are so creative

I long for the day where Hollywood will finally create a high budget Napoleonic movie that will show the French pov instead of having them as the bad dudes.

Bonus if the protagonist is that glorious lad :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Charles_Louis_de_Lasalle

gotchu senpai

>give me night or give me blucher
what did he mean by this

Great movie. But my boy Lasalle isn't in it.

You can include Lasalle without turning the movie into a comedy

Found some of his quotes on the French wiki
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Charles_Louis_de_Lasalle#Citation

Dont know how accurate the translation is (dont speak French), but he appears to have been quite a madman

what's that hairstyle called?

>are these the ONLY two modern views of him

yes, you can thank the eternal anglo for that

Male pattern baldness

Evil? I always thought people look neutral at him

>surrender

Welcome to every "great leader" ever.

>>dude evil lmao

But that's true

>You guys realize you're the same as Neo-Nazis who deny the Holocaust, right?
This. Funny that none of those fascist can argument against it.

well roleplayed

>"One of French cuirassier regiments developed a unique test for newly assigned officers. You were given 3 horses, 3 bottles of champagne, and 3 'willing girls' and 3 hours to kill the champagne, cover the girls
and ride a 20-mile course."

Was there a greatest heavy cavalry?

Show-off carabiniers need not to apply.

/thread

.t Anglo

He was evil, and he was 5'8".

Deal with it.

>thinking fascist is an insult on this board
>thinking that defending France against invaders is bad
>ignoring history in favor of "muh democracy" and "muh rights"

>evil

is this newspeak for great?

dude shaped the world we live in today in a way few have

>He was evil
He wasn't. Read a book please.
>he was 5'8"
5'8" isn't that short today, and it certainly wasn't short in Europe in the 1800's.

Democracy was a mistake.

You're absolutely right on that.

About that, I'd rather live under a Stable Dictatorship than a Democracy.

Burger here, what countries teach that he was evil? I'd never heard that opinion in school or pop culture

The magic evil school full of evil teachers who hate evil people which Veeky Forums claims to have attended.

I fucking hate britroaches

Kek

But what do the enlisted men get?

The English are still under the impression they single handedly saved the continent from a tyrant ruling a backward people and his army made of unwilling cannon fodder.

They somehow forgot they didn't fight theTsar of Russia who was in fact their ally in their fight against France.

No we aren't

>dude evil lmao
Is this something exclusive to the anglosphere or something? As a swede I wasn't even aware of this meme until I started coming across the opinion of foreigners.

Austria, while we got fucked by him, he is honoured as a great warrior.
Also his defeat lead to the Wiener Kongress and this to our national dance, the waltz.

In sweden he is viewed as a great man who personified his time in a similar manner as Julius Caesar. The general consensus is that he was good. His failed conquest of Russia is viewed as an embarrassing failure tho.

Denmark and Italy.

Not sure, but I think Ireland might as well.

Funny thing is that he didn't want to conquer Russia, he just tried to BTFO the Russian army so hard that the Tzar would have no choice but to become his BFF again. Might have done it at Borodino had he listnened to Davout.

You should always listen when Davout is saying something.

I really fucking hope so, I was thinking in studying history fug