>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/5DKg4b8
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5T8nb45F-v8
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/392148381/#392164106
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Darkwraiths and their leader can go suck my pink eye orb

STRfags can go fuck themselves.
DEX is much better, and actually requires thought to use.

>theorycrafting something that will never, ever happen
y

Play offline

This is bad advice.

For whom?

>tfw no simplified n64 souls demake
>only 5 classes
>Cleric, scout, knight, sorcerer, serf (aka deprived)
>only 4 stats
>strength: physical damage
>stamina: gives "energy", functionally stamina from modern souls
>magic: gives more casts and increases damage of magic
>vitality: hp
>carry weight is equal to str, only applies to items, not armor
>dying without picking up your souls or with no souls at all reduces a random stat permanently by 1 on top of losing souls normally
>only 8 normal weapons that can only go to +5
>spear, dagger, bow, halberd, longsword, axe, mace, katana
>3 boss weapons
>dragonslayer (comparable to modern UGS; unique in this regard), MLGS, Arbalest
>3 shields, with 1 non-shield
>parry dagger, buckler, kite shield, tower shield
>4 damage types
>pierce, cut, thrust, magical
>to minimize strain on the poor n64, armor/clothing are whole, not individual pieces, sorry Veeky Forumsgs
>~12 sets
>basic class sets, their upgraded versions, 1 boss set, and a secret set
>can wear anything if proper requirements are met
>poise and mobility specific to armor, not stats
>lightened, normal, burdened, restricted, encumbered
>110%, 100%, 90%, 75%, and 60% movement speeds respectively
>non-lightened rolling is similar to das3 fatroll distance-wise but does give good iframes; justification: rolling irl is very awkward, regardless of armor or not)
>lightened is DWGR flips n shit, better recovery but lower iframes
> 60% can no longer roll, can still sprint if equipment reqs met
>no poise; dagger/spear/arrow; sword/katana/axe/magic; anything else except UGS and special attacks

That's all I have room to type so far. What think /dsg/? I'll do controls next if approved of. I have ideas already.

reposted from last thread that ended immediately after

Is a low level pyro or sorcerer build a meme or is there an actual base build for either I'm talking under level 50

ENjoy your steam account while it lasts

>requires thought
>lock on
SLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASH

Between the raw power behind Pate's Spear and the fact that 2's DSA just wasn't all that great, I really think Pate should have won.

Y tho

First for qts hanging!

Man, King Piccolo aged pretty badly.
Are you just throwing thoughts out or do you plan on actually making this? Either way, I'm all ears.

Look, I support you if you're into the whole hanging thing and drop some names to get you started but I'd rather you not try to falseflag as me.

Takes more effort than pressing one button and watching everything flatten within a five mile radius.

Depends, for invading or co-op?

Low level casters are pretty shit for invading, unless you do a hypermode soul spear hidden body kind of thing, but they can be great for co-op. I have an SL 40 pyro solely for sunbroing through the Cathedral, and using Executioner GS, I never really run out of FP. I think I'm 20/19 Int/Fai (haven't played him for a while), and still have 14 Attunement for two spell slots. Lighting up the graveyard hollows with bursting fireball is so satisfying.

Farron Flashsword can also work wonders. Again, I use Executioner's GS; it only takes a couple FFs (4-6 FP) to kill most enemies, and you get 6 FP back per kill. It's not really sorcerer-y, but it's fun as fuck. It's like a lightsaber if you cast it from Crystal Chime.

I've already told them that I am not you. You have nothing to worry about, ENBfriend. I just wanna post my fantasies of qts hanging, could you show me the erotica you wrote? I would love it!

>haha girls make my penis feel funny
>haha look how weird I am
Kill yourselves, nerds.

>still obsessing over cardboard cutouts with 20 lines of dialogue

I'd really appreciate it if you guys found a different game/hobby to plague

Well here's the Chloanne fic. The Sirris story is still very much a Work In Progress so not much to show yet.

What was your first playthrough of the Souls game like?

anyone up for Dragonslayer armour co-op?
PC, pass is dsg

beat the game so many times that im looking to have some fun co-op action for once, SL60 +6 so there aren't any rando signs around. feels bad

so how does the weapon modifier part of the search engine work

can you have a +10 weapon you use for PvE, then swap to a +3 for invasions?

nope, having a high level weapon will fuck up your matchmaking forever even if you delete it

No, it will remember the highest upgrade you've ever had, even if you get rid of the item.

youtube.com/watch?v=5T8nb45F-v8

Are there any other weapons like Lothric War Banner? In visuals, I mean. Not another spear or halberd, though any other banner weapons would be cool too.
I'm trying to find something to wield in the offhand that isn't a shield. Thinking maybe Solaire's Sword, Bandit Knife seems alright given bleed too. Neither fits too well there though.

I died well over 400 times as a generic knight (that's just the count for the less than halfway point, didn't bother counting after that) and got irritated a lot.

>tfw lapp wasn't pate

>get up to the first bonfire in undead burg
>eh, might play it when i have nothing better to do
>eventually remember it exists and pick it back up
>ragequit at anal rodeo archers and take a break
>come back to it after a while, first time in a long time
>get to the buttress between the main platform and the tower with the 2 bat demons
>CLANK
>arrow nearly misses me
>another arrow hits me off while i was looking at it
>laugh hysterically at my death for the first time i've ever played it
>beat the game that same day
Was a great experience.

Nothing comes to mind. LKLS has a little banner on it, but it's tied to the shaft.

wew, that was a close one

sheathed rapiers look cool t b h

>first SL1 invasion in the Burg
I feel like an asshole

This bothers me more than I'd like to admit. We met up with Pate in Earthen Peak, and Earthen Peak is in the Dreg Heap.
He doesn't reveal himself as Pate in the grave, instead leaning up against the wall as he did in Earthen Peak. He says a few lines about trust and friendship, and gives us the Ring of Thorns. If wearing Creighton's Set, he freaks out until he realizes it's just you. If you go back there, his old Spear and Greatshield are waiting for you, and Mild-Mannered Pate can be summoned against the Spear of the Church.
But we just had to bring back Patches for the memes, didn't we? We all know that death is more of a minor inconvenience than anything, why not bring him back? Think about how long Alva had been around, even after being defeated in Irithyll Dungeon, he came back to the Ringed City to protect his wife's corpse.

sign down unless you killed him already

Im bad at video games, should I learn how to get into being summoned and shit?

yeah sorry bud I got tired of waiting and killed him thanks tho

>Morne takes a tumble
>don't have the Gravetender Key
So am I basically fucked out of Morne's stuff until NG+?

I love hearing female characters scream when I smash them with my Great Club

I've survived that drop before without silvercat

Two spears would be overkill though.

They look really cool, yeah. Unfortunately not Dex build though.

So in hindsight, haven't played the game in ages since the final updates, how is build and weapon variety looking now that the game's "done"?

Just go find a safe place to drop down from.
You'll surely survive with that much health.

Not when heavy weapons need timing and mind games in order to hit anyone ever

Did you perchance invade a Cleric near the boss fog?

strip naked and fall

it's something I could make an extremely well-defined outline/pre-dev and with some effort, possibly fund a minimalist prototype of. I don't make extreme amounts of money, but I have utterly no debt and only pay a very minimal amount for utilities. Been meaning to do something with the ~50 years of life I have left for quite a while now.

Anyway, pic for reference, onto the controls for my demake soulsclone.

>Left Shoulder: Tap to sheathe equipment, hold to open gesture menu
>Right shoulder: Tap for Primary attack, hold for Alternate attack (effectively combined R1, R2)
>d-pad: menu navigation
>START: Real-time menu
>B: Action/Use/Loot
>A: Tap to roll, hold to sprint
>C-Right: Tap to Lock-On, Hold to center Camera
>C-Up: Sheathe offhand (functionally, this two-hands your weapon)
>C-Left: Consume Consumable (ex:drink "estus")
>C-Down: Cast Magic
>Z: Hold to block, tap to parry or bash. (z combined L1/L2)

Tonight, on Unsolved Mysteries: how did two (2) giants get inside the Cathedral of the Deep? How did two (2) carts get inside the area above the Cardinal Tower bonfire? How did that weird spider creature which drops Aldrich's Sapphire make it inside that room? Is someone able to manipulate matter?

Afraid not. It was a sorcerer.

>4 invasions in
>switched to unupgraded weapons because +5 fire weapons are near instakills
>still complete anti-fun because they just shield up and circle
I've met one single person who actually attacked me. Are people really this scared of invaders in DS1?

Maybe they where there since babies

I played a bit of Dark Souls on the PS3 back in the day and wanted to revisit the series. Should I play them in chronological order? I seem to remember people shitting on DS2 when it came out, is it skippable or worth visiting now?

Which playstyle is better:
Playing Defensively
Or
Playing Aggresively

Playing aggressively, since people are not used to somebody just running in their face and trying to fuck them.

...Until they press R1 and the phantom range kicks in.

Depends. 1v1, playing defensively/reactively is objectively the best option. 3v1, you have to play aggressively to make openings, or they'll just keep rushing you down til you die.

You can walk right up to someone and quickly stunlock them for at least 2 hits with any given dex weapon, in order to do the same with a str weapon you'd need to be fighting an actual idiot

That room's door is pretty damn huge, even compared to it's size. And spiders are pretty good at squeezing into places in general.
He was pretty damn scary in the first encounter.

2 just made some controversial changes, if you want to do it for PvE it's a solid experience. If you skip It though, dark souls 3 feels more like a sequel to 1

I would assume most know that it's utterly futile to fight Burg twinks. I certainly don't bother trying if I don't have a bleed weapon or something else more powerful than what's normally available. Even if I'm playing at the top of my game, all the invader has to do is pop a humanity, unzip their chaos dagger, and that's that.

Quit and reload?

You should play them in the order that they came out
If you don't have a copy of DS2 you should get Scholar since it has all of the DLC and is definitely worth trying out
Not everyone likes it, but there's plenty of good things in it

It's a known fact that Miyazaki lurks here so I'm hoping that he sees this idea and implements it in Shadows Die Twice. Give mobs which are too large to fit through doors the ability to fit through doors, either by contorting their body or by kneeling down and crawling through the door. Most players are aware that they can simply run through a door and cheese a mob, but imagine the dread they'll experience once that mob starts crawling through the door to continue the chase. Deep Accurseds could easily shimmy through.

>beat the game that same day

How many hours did you play?

Please, all the casual shitters would whinge and moan at how they can't sit back and plink away at an enemy with their bow or magic or whatever from behind a doorway.

Is SL25 too high a level for High Wall?

Yes.

and that's a bad thing why?

>sheathe equipment
This is the one thing I've truly wanted in a Souls game after being able to sit down.
Everything looks solid for the controls though. What other ideas do you have?

Making a game like that would take time and effort but money shouldn't be an issue if you either tackle it alone or with a dedicated few friends.

many.

Yes, even for co-op. Summons start dropping off sharply around SL 20.

Aggressive is funner but passive is better

>Oh look the fire is getting BTFO
>Alright let's take the whore of a daughter I have and lets get her womb pumped with buckets of semen on another place
>Oh don't forget to leave the trap behind so he can die in the worst possible way
>If someone try to fix this shit, lets leave a fake gwynevere so they can believe there is still hope lmao
>Oh btw lets leave Filianore so she can hide what we fucked up KEK

Holy shit why the gods are so fucking retarded?

How? Just get the mortician ashes

when was the last /dsg/ pvp contest? who won? I'm fairly certain I can destroy anyone so I'm looking forward to the next competition

If he warps to firelink, the loot is most likely toast

Nice tumblr meme, you should go back there you retarded faggot.

>dog doesn't teleport behind him
Wasted.

diy

>/v/
n-no thanks

>my f****ing sides
You always post the best content, MentalCrash

>/v/
That explains a lot, not only a disgusting fat faggot with a broom on his head but also a braindead /v/tard.

Wow dude the game punished you for trying to cheese

What do you think ganker hosts think about when they play DS3?

>boards.fireden.net/v/thread/392148381/#392164106
What do you expect from the homosexual that goes to /v/ to talk about fetishes and then coming here acting like he never did anything?

/dsg/ just suck his cock constantly while denying that this general is trash with faggots, traplovers and that fetish posters were always a thing.

This reminds me the times where Mentalcrash used to shitpost on TF2 threads, constantly getting fucked and crying because people used to kick his ass.

I'm planning on playing Scholar for the first time, and while I want to find things out for myself as I play, I'd like to play as a Hexer since that seems fun af. Any advice on starting class, weapons, stats to shoot for, etc.?

What weapons has the most silly parry animation and why is it the dark hand?
I feel like im putting someone to sleep when i manage to land one

Why is scholar of the first sin so fucking bad? Why did they just fuck the game's shit up even more than it was before without even attempting to make it better?

>from behind
>not below

what are the build powerrankings for ds3 pve?

>Wow I'm whooping this guy
>WOOOOW I CANT BELIEVE HE'S RUNNING
>haha what a little bitch
>wh- how the fuck did that happen
>THATS BULLSHIT
>fuck I have to get back to the campfire
>WOW YOU FUCKING HACKER PIECE OF SHIT
probably something along those lines

What's the difference? I only ever played sotfs

different enemy placement, different item placement, some graphical updates, ported to dx11

>invade
>host is literally next to the bonfire
>is a passive bitch anyways

for what purpose?

Could you please give me some tips for Nameless King's second phase?
Something about the way he attacks really throws off my roll timing, it's like the damaging part of his attacks doesn't line up with the actual hit animation (from what it looks like to me, at least) and there's this misleading pause before some of them too. I imagine it's purposefully this way to catch players like me off guard, but I just can't seem to get it right.
There's not much breathing room to recover from a mistake with his wind shockwaves(?) either, so it's hard to get a good grasp on what's going on before I've got to kill his bird again.

waiting for summons probably