/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.
kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.
sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.
>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing
Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, Frontier, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

who /dupe/ here

those jews only giving us 1 attack gem HA!

I need pictures! Pictures of the Fem Commission set!

>Legiana Plate and Gem at the same time from a single Leg hunt
Nice.

Custom callouts were a mistake. Everyone just puts lewd stuff in them.

me with the navel piercing why the fuck did henreader tease ONE (1) story of a cute loli with a belly button piercing and never do it again?

>hear that the bow does a lot of damage
>make a diablos one, negate the affinity loss, build a crit/exploit/attack up set
>do no fucking damage

Wow what the shit I thought the bow was strong
How is it that I was doing more damage with my SnS

>SOS into 15 min hunt investigation
>guy is beating up a monster that wasn't part of the quest

All LR insect glaives have suck shit sharpness fuck.

it's handler's set and the beta set has black shoulders and collar.

How's SnS? The weapons I've been using (Hammer, Lance, GL) are all big and chunky so i'm thinking of using something small and fast for a change in pace.

nigger

Why do generals link old threads? Theyre old news

You're not using it right.

drink dash juice and mash circle

I've been playing since Freedom Unite and I've never used a longsword.

1/3 hunters or something insane like that use the longsword, what's a decent tree to go down in MHW? Do I just go for raw damage?

what the fuck this OP image is horrible we're going to get banned and vanned

Fuck off furfag.

I've done every quest available, but my 8 and 9* lists are still silver, meaning there's stuff I haven't unlocked.
I'm HR38, from here onwards is grinding HR until the next (X)9HR quest the only thing left to do?

POST HUNTERS

How do you know if your weapon can go up a level in sharpness with Handicraft other than just trial and error?

is lance any good in this? i've always alternated between it, CB and Bow. CB seems really strong but Lance seems sorta meh so far

Why is the Nergiante such a bro he always comes in and fucks up elder dragons dropping Materials every where then leaving.

you literally do the same shit at end game like every monster hunter game in the past

what did you expect?

Lance is great, really good for bullying some monsters. Gets better after you get a couple of points of Guard onto it.

Lance is killer in this game. Best it's ever been for sure and only has good changes.

Which is easier to pick up swaxe, charge blade, or sns? Looking to pick up a slashing weapon for when I need tails.

would watch middle age fat men gangbang until impregnation and eventual abortion/10

So I have a defensive lance build that takes me years to kill a monster. How would I go about building a purely offensive one?

asking again then i'll fuck off
Any review code user here that are still playing?Or sony removed the license from your account?

So I'm assuming 4U online is completely dead at this point, right? I kinda want to go back and play it again after putting 80 hours into World and not really feeling like going on.

I want to nuke monsters with a bow. What skills should I be building around, and which bow trees are worth while?
I haven't played bow since FU so I know nothing about them.

Been in high rank for a few hours, enjoying everything but Pink Rathians so far. I switch back and forth between lance, hammer, and bow a lot right now, so I'm looking for a general set to aim for. I've decided on Legiana chest and hands for the drop boost and evasion, but I don't know what to fill out the rest with. Any ideas?

Post it.

I like where this is going

>he only has shit gems
>he needs duping

Try it. It is perfectly viable, both in a Wide-Range Mushroomancer Support GOD role and actual damage.

Lance is great, the best it has ever been. Which is great, if you learn the counter timings and can just keep up the poking.

>that perfect full True Charge right before Teo pops his nova with all 4 melee under him
That felt amazing

sns is easiest but swax is better for tails

What are you even talking about? Just get attack and WE and put two points of guard onto your set and fucking stab the monster.

Odogaron is about to have me fucking throwing my controller at my TV

one more attack deco and my tranny nerg DB build is almost complete

god damn earplugs is nice

evade lancing. Get evade window maxed, weakness exploit, then pump attack

What are your opinions on the "The same monster but stronger!" mechanics?
>Subspecies/Rare Species
>Variants
>Apex
>Hyper
>Deviants
>Tempered

Kite everything toward wallrun surfaces and do upwards of 600 damage in a single attack. Multiple times in the span of 15 seconds. The bow's wallrun with crit boost is super fucking silly on most things with wings.

Don't use greatsword on him

what weapon are you using?

paralysis rapes that doggo so if you can either equip your palico with flytrap gadget or make it fight great girros / build a paralysis weapon it will make the fight easier

Continuity in the archives.

>sub species
cool
>everything else
retarded

>9 pages

sorry have you seen all my decos? oh wait you havent

There are people who play still yes. Enjoy your GQ farming my man

i've got 2 attack gems and i haven't duped...

>do tempered vaal
>ranger rank 80 dies 2 times by dragon piercing in acid

planning to replay it when i'm done with world, though i'm a bit busy and i'm taking my time
hope the online isn't dead desu, had a lot of fun with it

Do higher level Talismans have Decoration slots?

>9 stars
>investigation
>rewards available
>spam x
>walk to fridge spamming x
>get back
>in a tempered nergi quest
nice

Legiana is one of the better *actual* sets in the game. Odogaron is really strong too.

Once you get to the Elder Dragons you will probably use a bunch of their stuff.

>tfw shit decos
>can only dupe a bunch of decos worth 64 points at the melder

How did they fuck this shit up so badly?

Deviants are the only decent ones, as long as they don't take things over the top. Redhelm is a more drastic change than any subspecies will ever be. Everything else, especially Apex, is shit.

>duping
You're going to roll up trash too faggot

best lbg for slicing shot spam?

i'm gonna test out CB soon though

>especially Apex

Why especially?

I kind of want the skills/slots too.

>Never seen another Gl bro
>Joined an SoS Daora
>2 GL bros
>Clearly artillery 3 Zorah bro and fucking apothecary mantle Girros bro
>Synchronized lunging upswings every time he gets his ass flashed, wyvernfire spam
Using an uncommon weapon and bumping into kindred spirits is fucking great

Kirin

So is vaal's LBG+slicing the easiest way to kill xeno? I don't want to fight the fuck normally for a third time

Doing almost nothing but turning monsters into shitty bouncefests is just dumb as fuck and incredibly lazy.

FUCK YOU CUNT

Discuss

>xeno weapons finally have a use thanks to duping

>Playing Monster Hunter on console
It just doesn't feel right

>get monster to skulls on minimap icon in 10 mins
>takes another 10 mins to finish it
not sure what the skull really means

>ruining the game for yourself by duping so many decorations that you can mold for more
Literally dupe enough to max a few gems and stop holy

meh

me on the right

Nah, Dragonpiercer is pure destruction on Xeno. You don't even need to aim. Makes me sad Dahren, Jhen, Ceadeus etc. aren't in the game because I'd love to annihilate them with Dragonpiercer in just a couple of minutes.

horse pussy

near-death
I don't remember if an actual threshold of health is known but it also means you can cap it

>he didn't already have good decorations

>all these people not knowing the FUN of lance.
Shame.

Cera Coilbender

Piercing Shots (Rathsoul Coil)
Attack Up
Special Ammo Boooost (charm 2)
Crit Eye
Weakness Exploit
Maybe Crit Draw up

Dragon Piercers are now a railgun, you can probably hit 1000-1200 on a larger monster if you get optimal length off a Lvl 3 DP.

Is there a special arena quest for every cappable monster in both low and high ranks?

You are putting a elementless boost on your diabos right? It wouldn’t be good without that at all.
You are also building charge and dealing sustained consistency damage at the optimal effective range right?

last 15-20% hp of the monster, maybe youre just bad
its their limping stage and also means they can be capture

Well, I kept seeing people discussing tempered monsters, so I thought they'd be an endgame quest chain, instead of a very small number of quests released at a snail's pace.

Also, my first MH was FU, and I've only played the G versions of each one since, meaning I always had hundreds of hours of content without even running out of new monsters to unlock.

It's my first time almost exhausting the game content without even getting to 100 hours.
I think I carted like once during the whole experience too, nothing felt threatening.

Even the few tempered monsters I've fought hardly felt like anything, since even though they deal more damage they still move like easily dodged HR monsters, without G-rank moves.

fucking an electric horse must be horrible

>wyvernsnipe a jhen from end to head

Whats the story behind tempered monsters again? Is it already explained in the game and I missed it? Like for Apex monsters its due to frenzy virus from gore.

Lance lacks flash and so it doesn't attract most people

Which bow for that then

Is this slight increase in raw (247 > 260) really worth losing the 20% affinity of the Rathalos LBG?

Basically I can make Gulgoleth but my Rathbuster II has so much more affinity i'm honestly not sure, and its only 13 more raw.

There isn't one. The entire thing was thrown together last minute. Apex and Deviants were clearly designed from the start

Any

I wanna see nerg fight this thing
Teostar he slams it face first into the dirt, Kuslaha he just tries to rip it head off. What would he do for this fuck.

>there isn't one
confirmed for not talking to the science boys bing bing boy