/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

One step closer to Perfection edition

On the last episode of /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1fhlq7qASMlUHDd978Eh0b2x_DC5H55spIF-BvPpdkT4/edit
webmshare.com/dvJ8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bravo, ArcSys.

No bitch niggas allowed in this thread.

CHARACTER DISCORDS
docs.google.com/document/d/1fhlq7qASMlUHDd978Eh0b2x_DC5H55spIF-BvPpdkT4/edit

If anyone here wants to play on EU at any time, add me. I'd like some good players so I can learn something
I play Gotenks/Fat Buu/Tien

why is this a thing?

Bahh accidentally posted on the old thread...
Does the game explain how Android 21 has Buu's cells when Dr Gero died long before Buu ever showed up?
Yeah I understand Buu technically was on Earth this whole time, but did he know that? Was there some sort of automated program that created her, some what like Cell?

I bet 18 is seeing less play because her assist isn't offensive.

Gero's supercomputer, i think?
Don't remember them explaining it that well.

and my name didn't come AGAIN
Steam: Konanza

so are they gonna balance this game towards something like marvel for the FGC crowd?

or are they gonna nerf everything for the casuals?

stay tuned....FOR DRAGON BALL Z

It's Arc, so probably FGC

It's Arc, so they'll throw things in a random generator and the fanbase will defend it like every patch before it. There are people in this thread who will defend Krillin

Any anons here on PS4 and have a strong defence game? Im red and red ribbon and finding myself playing too aggressively so Id like to train with someone who has a solid defence instead of shitters online who just let me do whatever I want. Wont be able to play until tomorrow though

discords are the cancer of fighting games and actively destroying the community. dustloop was an autistic shit hole. so was srk. but you could find information and the odd decent person that knew shit. discords are filled with mods that were the autistic no life shitlords from the forums and literally no one of note. only info they bring is some random twitter posts. you dont get matches. you dont get games with anyone. and they literally all fucking suck and barely play, if at all. so instead of one forum, you have to scroll back through mountains of one line garbage and random twitter links to find outdated or out right wrong information.

its literally cancer that no one wants any part of and you need 30 fucking different links to keep track fo it all because they are too fucking mental to let people run a forum or website.

I really feel like they started designing Krillin before they thought of the Superdash mechanic. It feels like they wanted him to zone with jumping kamehameha waves and his directional ki blasts, but it doesn't really work when you can superdash through the ki blasts and close the distance after the beam ends.

They explain it in Arc 3.
She was still being created during the events of the Buu arc, which is how she got Buu's DNA/Cells.

the entire ki mechanic feels like something designed before the super dash mechanic.

and then they realized it might a little retarded, and now we got a neutral revolving around one-button/crossup IAD off of vegeta/lockdown assist

I am using Krillin/Tien and I need a third, my closest choice is Picoloo

any tips fellow dbzers

Seriously stop this shit, can we ban these

Ok so WHAT the fuck can I do in gaps of combos because fucking LIGHTS don't seem to work this is rage inducing.
Especially when they LLc.MM > 6M
Or string to trunks' overhead slash
I can't get a fucking LIGHT of all things out so what the fuck am I supposed to do?

Give me reasons Vegeta shouldn't be an auto lock on any team I could make.

reflect > 2m is nearly impossible to block for anyone.

Reflect is frame 1 meaning it works the instant you press the button.

Guard cancel works wonders.

Or you can just block and wait till the string is over.

Plenty of people are not playing vegeta

He's a manlet

>tag in enemy's vegeta
>land a combo
>land another combo
>vegeta is dead

that's why

vegeta is good day 1 because hes easy to play and enables a lot of braindead options that require no muscle memory or actual practice to do.

many high level players do not run him at all. high level play looks like it will require 3 characters that can exist on their own, as assists have long cooldowns in this game compared to marvel. so you want people that can fight with out an assist and arent just a very good assist like vegeta.

as an early pick? throw him on any team as theres nothing to learn really. learn your point and second and then finally get rid of vegeta once those are on lockdown and you need an actual good character to progress.

like a cell goku vegeta team is super good because you dont have to think about goku or vegeta and can focus on landing cell corner loops or utilizing his million normals and special moves. once cell is on lockdown, you can focus on another character and keep one of the saiyans.

Who else is currently stuck?

Started and ended the day at 280k, I need to learn me some block strings.

Goku's level 3 is underrated.

>There are people here who think gotenks and fat buu suck as characters.

Seriously gotenks and buu are unstoppable under the right players.

Different user here, what if I like Vegeta as a character? He was my favorite in the anime and a large reason for why I got the game in the first place. Is he that bad beyond his assist?

I know Buu has disgusting resets but what's so good about Gotenks? He seemed fairly normal to me.

How do I Tien?

What is this post trying to say?
Every character has the same amount of life, so he doesn't die any faster than a different character.
And he is one of the few characters with a real DP so he's actually better at defense than most.
Explain yourself

Not him but Gotenks is a fast little bastard that can combo for days in the right hands. He gives me a stroke to fight against sometimes.

blockstring-A1-blockstring-A2

throw in OH every now and then.

so play him like anyone else in this game

hes average with some limited range on moves. he does have an uppercut that is good. hes okay as an anchor because everyone is amazing in sparking (jump cancel everything, do some crazy combos, just stronger characters and it lasts forever), but hes just above a captain commando tier character for this game (not quite as bad as commando, but basically just an assist at this point).

i play him too because vegeta is my favourite character and he looks awesome and final fucking flash. from a competitive standpoint, unless you are orange-on-the-way-to-pink or pink, it shouldnt matter at all who you pick. hes not complete dogshit or anything. just lacking compared to truly good characters.

>tag in enemy Goku
>land combo
>land another combo
>Goku dead

Gotenks is trash

His reversal is super good, since it's so rare in this game. Given how few options you have in the corner, that just makes it better. and his dive kick is bitching.

Don't use his unless you need to since both Kikoho supers hurt him. Instead, use another character's super instead.

Use Chaiotzu assist exactly twice throughout the match. Third time will fail. After that it resets, but if you are using it that much, something is probably wrong.

When you have a character close to death in a combo and need a level three, opt to use Goodbye Tien instead of Shin Kikoho since it does the most unscaled damage of any super in the game and Chaiotzu becomes useless after two uses anyways.

Save Shin Kikoho for when you really need it, since it'll kill Tien really fast.

>What is this post trying to say?
You ask why should Vegeta not always be a lock, and I explain why. If all he does is grant a good assist then I can just snap in in after a Dragonrush and gimp you of your best assist.
You're also extremely limited after a snapback since you can't use assists, z change, or tag/guardcancel for a couple of seconds so your Vegeta has less defensive options making it easier to open him up, kill him, and then permanently rid you of your assist.

Ahh, so the only winning move is not to play, I get you now
Truly, pure arguing about the game on /v/ is the domain of real masters, untainted by reality.

Unless the vegeta isnt a shitter and can actually fight.

Goodbye Tien is amazing. It can't be blocked. Very hard to dodge. Almost always hits them in the air. Unless they're already moving. And even then.

Chiaotzu stun is quite mediocre since it takes so long, is blockable, and REALLY scales your damage down.

how many frames is 2H?

Better question: on what frame is the antiair property activated?

Both buu and gotenks can be used as rush down characters with minimal effort when compared to say Kid Buu

That's extremely vague.

Thread is slow.

DBZ opinions that piss you off?

friendly reminder that you can deflect vegeta assist on reaction to the big obvious vegeta image flashing onscreen + his soundcue, and if you do so automatically cancel it into superdash to blow up lazy uses of it

buu arc is bad

Fucking Rose needs gutted asap
give that 2h some goddamn hurtboxes and make it not beat 2ms

Goku would have let Cell absorb 18.

Buu arc is worst arc. Super in its entirety is better than the Buu arc.

>Super in its entirety is better than the Buu arc
Ay si amigo!

How about stop super dashing into his 2H and make Black mains put in work instead of just letting them body you?

Im a snowmexican

What even is that, like those guys above canada? forgot the name

If he's willing to give cell a senzu he would 100% let him power up

Those are inuits. Snow mexicans are just what Trump calls Canadians in general. Inuits are only into clubbing seals and eating blubber and would probably be Brolyfags

>implying i'm superdashing into it

Fuck no they just wing it out mid range and blow through buttons with it

Its stupid

>letting the villain get strong enough for a fair fight is the same as sacrificing someone who's scared out of their mind and didn't actually do anything wrong
I'm sure all the other retards on reddit agree with you.

opinions or just things that piss me off?
because if it's things it's people casually destroying the moon
like HOLY FUCK PICCOLO you're just training with Gohan and all you gotta do is cut his tail but why blow up the fucking moon?
and it gets blown up again later

Apologies user. I assume everyone is a shitter.

why does this game incentivize mashing so much? after every combo it's fucking impossible to meaty most of the time so you can just tech and mash

You think discord is bad?
Most people post shit on twitter nowadays making it impossible to search.
I'm following a bunch of people just to see tech when 90% of what they post is irrelevant to me.
I miss forums.

Anybody who thinks Goku would have let Cell achieve his perfect form doesn't actually know anything about Goku's character.

t. dubfag

fuck android 16

If he's willing to let Frieza live he would 100% let 18 live.

That's some shit taste you have there

>implying Saiyan to Freeza Saga isnt the patrician choice

Hey, where'd those goal posts go?

t. dumbass

how the fuck do I deal with goku black? He stuffs every approach with his giant fucking uppercut and has some of the best ranged options in the game

How do I get good ive been labing and playing ranked all day and I feel like I just suck so much

Is Hit top tier or do people just don't know how to fight him?

Dash up, block, punish. Throw a beam assist or something to cover your approach. Both work.

A lot of people just don't know. I do think he's quite good though.

Upload one of your matches so we can tell you what to work on.

A fair assumption but i know when I'm doing something wrong and how to diagnose a way to beat something but fuck me this button's just silly

Most 2h's don't (and shouldn't) stuff 2m's
Frieza's does also, but frieza's is super punishable and goku black just gets away with it

freiza = someone tough he can fight again

18 = jobber, and not someone he already knows for a long time for him to care about anyway

I labbed him a bit and he's less complicated than you think.

If he does the triple teleport dashes that ALWAYS winds up behind you.
His non blue flashing stance can only attack in front.
His blue flashing stance can hit infront with projectiles or behind you.

So unless it's one of two things he can't get behind you. So he's very blockable.

Hit is... strange. He doesnt control like others so he cant staircase combo into anything spectacular. Hes best on the ground and mid screen. You have to have a really strong mid game to play Hit at his best and I keep trying but Im pretty sure Im too low IQ still.

Freeza's 5H is much better in any situtatuon than his 2H

You think? I suppose he doesn't really need to go high up.

Hit's midscreen combos are nonexistent without assists.

How's Beerus? Who does he work well with?

Hell fucking no

2H has better range, does more damage, combos into better air buttons and can be canceled into 1S? (The eye laser that shoots Infront of him) to make it safe

People sleepin on the Venom function.

you can't fucking block and move forward though because the control for block is fucking back and even if you do move up he's got fast as fuck normals with longer range

Not really. He has good air combos but with Freeza you either want to get them in the corner or zone them out from far away.

I cant think of any situation the 2S eye beams are more useful than throwing your opponent to the other side of the map. Freeza isnt an air combo machine. Hes a zoner with great corner pressure.

2H has more area of effect in one spot and damage but also leaves a small gap between the explosion and Freeza that can leave you vulnerable. It also has longer start up frames that you can leave you wide open. As for range the 5H has 2H beat since 5H travels across the screen and can stop super dashers in their tracks without the need for a perfectly timed 2H

webmshare.com/dvJ8w

piccolo works great for this

>In-game chat has character options the put the BT3 roster to shame
>has every movie villain including bio broly and Cooler's squadron with Neizu and Dore
>has tapion, fucking android 14/15, jewel, pintar(the fat guy krillin beats at EoZ), Tights, 9 forms of Goku, the pilaf gang, every Super character before the ToP, all of the saiyan forms, etc
>but not a single GT related character or form
I actually thought us GT bros had a chance with 1 dlc slot.

how are you switching during your special?

Could you DHC piccolo BACK in?

I miss the closed beta bros, now the damage is way too high and the entire gameplan of both teams is based around not letting your opponent tag or snapping