/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Children's Card Game Edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619449097
doomeer.com/factorio)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Take it easy

What's the point of wheeled vehicles in spengies or any other egg when flying is objectively superior?

Power saving for nomad bases or transport trucks, nothing else.

Wheeled vehicles use little power, while flying takes energy just to not crash into the ground. Doesn't really work in Spengus since power is easy as shit to make if you have a source of uranium

>power saving
>with how energy dense reactors are
Unless you are playing with scarce resources or some kind of scenario there is no reason ever to be groundlet.

Its an option, and the only one i can think of since miners with wheels are indeed worst.

>cannot be aimed by player
>only attacks: sidekick/fuze, anaconda/cobra, Falcon/Owl, any travelling missile

basically a legendary Radar that pays 1 more energy to deny certain types of weaponry.

F/egg/torio with mods.
Attempt #13: tm200.nc1.eu:34561
Same setting as #12, just regenerated the map.

Air drop (standalone 16.22 + mods):
mega nz/#!XBdHxYKL!u8rZtaNyDMbIqfuIHYBYOnVSzupwV7YQg38xyd-XoVI
Mod drop:
mega nz/#!DEEQDBAZ!HqqY4yFZDDECsvOCNpG8WKnT-udIlAdwifn7GHxX6Fc
Modified Pitch Black (multiplies pollution by 5 instead of 10):
mega nz/#!qI0UgIYJ!Q54Z-k6-KriqhxqpkvWGNGjs8zCKj3QBHfJZCv-yZjM

note if you join don't fucking sit there letting the base die because if noone is on then the game is paused

How can we rise to win crossout clan wars?

>Doesn't have 520m detection range
Look at it
Look at it and laugh

>cannot be aimed by player
>i.e. aims itself

Damn, that actually sounds pretty good. Drones are worst when they come while you're chasing somebody else. This could mitigate that to an extent.

Also the problem with this is it's only really useful for anti-sealclubbing because drones aren't a big deal at higher powerscores.

Yet, it doesn't realy help the new players because it's a legendary item. And it's looking like too much of a hard counter at that fire rate + damage.

Monster truck tires a fun.

Is that the f/egg/torio server?

do they fit under scav fenders?

just slap a bigger radar on if you want to be a faggot

The back wheel is about as "under" the big scavenger fender as youll get one.

that is a shame, unless i can get about making xxl fenders

>reading cuckout forums update thread

>"Good job screwing hover-users over AGAIN by nerfing the Aegis into being useless! More good work from a grade-A team! A smart move would have been to just limit using more than 1, but hey you guys don’t use logic right? That would be too “mainstream” I guess. What a feeling of satisfaction I have now, spending my $$$ and time on this game just to see everything I use get deminished more and more. Good stuff guys! Keep it up!"

>Good job screwing overpowered things over by nerfing a different overpowered thing!
These people really do think like children.
Oh wait.

>Steam says I have something new
>20% off Aegis- WHAT
>-Defenders for Hollow Knight owners
That threw me for a second

>Is there a good drill head design with maximum coverage?
Pic related, don't even have to make it spin (unless you're going for style points)

I dun did it, I completed my fully automated planetary autominer. It's ugly as all fucking hell, but it's a proof of concept. If it works then maybe I'll invest in a better frame. It seems to work for now, although it is slow, and the pistons shake so much that it looks like it might break. Also 2 pistons probably aren't enough, it might not be able to mine deep enough

build a stick with 0 friction wheels, downward pointing drill, and a couple gyroscopes
>activate drills
>set gyroscope override to slow yaw override
>go make some tea
>come back, vomit tron 2000 has dug a huge hole

Not mining deep enough is the biggest problem you'll have with a frame design by far, since wormships can just go straight in as far as they want (unless they have a limiting shape at the back for some reason).

Lol, didn't even think of that. Still, I'm trying to make some kind of relatively well functioning autominer. It's not about the resources, mining asteroids is so much easier anyway

>wormship
I already have a planetary tunnel drill, but I'm trying to make an automated miner here (if it works, I can just plop down dozens or hundreds of them). Then again I guess I could try just automating tunnel drills, although coding autopilots seems like a huge pain in the ass

They call technicals, APCs, tanks and experimental weapons platforms "armored cars" exclusively. That should very much tell you everything you need to know about the target audience without reading anything from anywhere else.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619449097
user, this thing existed for quite some time. Go reverse engineer it's script and rebuild better one instead of this shit.

Everything in this game has already existed for quite some time. If I wanted to copy other people's designs, I might as well download those and get bored

Those new fire catapults in cuckout kind of suck. Way more accurate than mandrake, but the fire from them is weak as fuck. Even with two of them on my car they did just sort of okay damage. They dont do any impact damage either on direct hits, so it relys 100% on the ground flames to do damage. The flame pools last for quite a while, but people just drive around them.

The fires weak enough that if you hit somebody with 2 of them while they are sitting still, they can easily accelerate and make it out of the fire with minimal damage. Bought 2 of them, and then sold them higher getting my money back. By time they get any kind of buff the price will have dropped to normal purple weapon amounts or even lower because they arent that great.

Taking other people's designs and improving/rebuilding them is more fun to me. Put it this way, fixing other's mistakes is more fun than making your own.

Tall order, but are there any urban themed building and engineering games that let you get up close and personal (ideally first person) with npcs to actually interact with what you make, so it feels worthwhile?

It's no way close to /egg/, but I've honestly been spending too much time on FO4's (heavily modded) settlement system, and I like seeing 'people' make use of shit I make. As amazing as titles like Factorio are, I start to feel isolated and the work pointless if it's creating just for the sake of creating.

>tfw you begin to understand why a deity would make lesser creations.

I guess I'm more /diy/ than /egg/ (Factorio rapidly got too busy and complex for me), but there is no /diyg/ general. C-can I stay here?

To each his own I guess. I'm doing my own stuff. I don't like fixing other people's mistakes, and it doesn't give me the satisfaction of doing something of my own

My autominer needs to be able to dig deeper. I have a few ideas but they both need testing (either I put 10-15 vertical pistons or make a system where the base can be lowered manually). But as far as the prototype goes, it seems to dig pretty neat holes

>Lol, didn't even think of that
Needs adjustment but the concept is solid

Seems like fire damage was changed from the janky ass trigger hurt zone with constant dps to a new heating system similar to the lazer minigun. If they had the same damage as a mandrake they would be completely fucking broken.

Here's idea for you: instead of strip mining vertically, blast a shaft to ore vein with warheads, then build system that rotates horizontally while extending rotor length so drill heads move in spiral motion, grabbing all ore in vein. Saves you shitton of time by not digging stone.

Warheads and TBMs are what you use to actually get resources, this guy is doing it to satisfy his autism

>51 miners to saturate a red belt
>have 60
>belt not saturated

>Here's idea for you: instead of strip mining vertically, blast a shaft to ore vein with warheads, then build system that rotates horizontally while extending rotor length so drill heads move in spiral motion, grabbing all ore in vein. Saves you shitton of time by not digging stone.
Hmm, I was going to build a planetary bomber that has bomb racks, which manufactures bombs automatically (projector+welder combo). I couldn't get it to work, but I didn't really try all that hard. Maybe I could use that in a mining design too if I get it working

Speaking of autism, maybe I could make a truck that carries a worm bot. Worm bot makes a hole, then uses pistons and landing gears to descend while drilling the hole. So many possibilities, I'll have to think about this

I'm a nigger and can't into compressing belts

fuck you that was__ funny

No, you literally handweld warheads in ore field, set the trigger manually and fly away on jetpack, that's what I was talking about.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anything like that. Factorio does one thing very well. The FPS survival games avoid NPCs like the fucking plague and something like Planetbase is more like a Sim Mars god simulator.

It's a niche you'll probably have to fill yourself.

Yeah, I get what you mean. But I'm trying to build an automated miner for the hell of it. It's not about getting resources, and mining by hand simply isn't worth it for me. I have a capital ship that already has a massive overabundance of every resource

>Hoverfags

>not rolling around at the speed of sound with twin cannons with places to go and following your rainbow
ISHYGDDT

>Crossout has a 'build random car feature
>It actually works

>Being a light vehicle fag
>Not having a vehicle so heavy that it's completely immovable by recoil and other vehicles
>Not ploughing through enemies without a care as they fall onto their sides, helpless to your stampede

>>Being a light vehicle fag
>light
I don't think I said light anywhere in that faggot. I seriously hope you guys don't run without a massive wall of spaced meme armor with solid armor behind it, and a trainplow on top of that.

Pre-baked submission shit. Got to say I'm impressed with how many parts can be swapped in to make some builds work at all automagically.

Compared to a real vehicle, hovers are absolutely fucking light. You can't even reach the heaviest vehicles without shit like tracks unless you load on mammoth turrets or something.

Many Finns use profanity in everyday speech more than people of other nationalities. Swearwords are used as intensifiers, adjectives, adverbs, particles and to start or finish sentences.

>Hmm, I was going to build a planetary bomber that has bomb racks, which manufactures bombs automatically (projector+welder combo)
You need interior turrents to cut the "sprue", there's no other way to automatically detach

is this game even /egg/ or just /meme/
Played it when it came out, couldn't disable mosquito sound, drove me nuts, stopped playing

Vittu except you just buy some mosquito spray and they go away ja vittu

>turrents
Stop this

>country has never gone to war with swords
>still use them on emblems and figureheads
american """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""heritage"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

oh perkele
go back2 yurt, gengthiz

Crosshairs seem centered to me, and i can see through guncams fine unless the camera is damaged by enemy fire.

Durrents*

It was /egg/ in the alpha before release, then at launch it became its own thread, then it died.

Between the damage to the car and the probable cracked driveway, I wonder how much it cost to repair it all.

0 because it's an obvious gag
>cracked driveway
is this an american thing?

>accidentally buy a part I am trying to change a price for a sell offer

>bought the part from myself

>still took their market fee

fucking vodka swilling jewish cunts

Fallout is the best one at that. Not great but better than nothing i guess.
There are some minecraft-like games that have npc's that do shit for you but they are quiet soulless.

sadly its all about multiplayer these days, noone cares about npcs.

>fuck up
>instantly find some way to blame others for something
you're not a respectable human

>couldn't disable mosquito sound, drove me nuts
I don't understand, that's just normal summer background noise.

You browse Veeky Forums, neither are you

>defending the slav hebrew

sure, but at least not for that reason
1. I'm not talking about them. You are, because you fucked up
2. you're pretty goddamn stupid if you don't understand why transaction fees exist

>cutting the bus and the smelting column off with train tracks
>loop in the track
Ripping this shit up and putting down other tracks.

?? just fucking cross with undergrounds and continue below

AUTISM

oh man planetoid pioneers is out
AND it has multiplayer unlike cortex command

and it has none of the things that made cortex command fun

yea not having endless armies of crabs with guns strapped to them will suck
but it gives you all of the tools used in the game if you buy the contributor pack so maybe people will recreate cc in this game

lol
guess I ain't playing that shit game ever again

How do I figure out how oil production for a megabase in factorio? I've been using this site (doomeer.com/factorio) to figure out stuff for copper and iron production, but it seems lacking for oil. It does tell you how many pumpjacks you need, but it doesn't take into account the oil well's % yield so it doesn't seem accurate. The site also seems to tell me how many refineries I need, but it doesn't seem to factor in the module bonuses, so that doesn't seem accurate either.

The open beta is beginning now, check your email or if it's not there go to the store page and download the demo, that's the full game currently.

Nah, I'm still not playing that shit. No first-person physics game will ever have even a remote semblance of being good.

Have fun in robocrap

>robocraft
>2018
>ever

Went back through old pics of a build to see how much has changed with the structure PS rework, durability is more or less the same but my builds lost 300-400 PS across the board

< this build went down to 6.9k while it's two fatman clone stayed at 8.3k. How much have your builds changed?

also noticed an untentional reference

i went from truck to a racing car to a tank to a flying fuck to an AI tank

I was able to extend my available color palette by adding Dectorio and Enhanced Map Colors.

Anyone want some dumb blueprint strings? I need a picture, dimensions (for the blueprint), and a color scheme (eg vanilla, dectorio, enhanced map colors, or enhanced map colors + dectorio).

wtf did the scrin do to kane

Why haven't you fixed the bus after laying the track?
Physicians.

They taught him to not be afraid of his dick

>It gives me a giant cock and balls on the very first try
Really punctuates my pushrods

>Finally get a good look at the new purple cab
>It's a fucking Isetta with a box stuck on the back to carry the after-ded drone
I thought these guys were supposed to be scary

Why do all these games like stationeers insist on placable logic blocks? It would be infinitely better to have one small block that you can place somewhere out of the way, click on it, bring up an ui where you could drag'n'drop stuff from a scrollable list, click between points to connect them etc.
Its fucking absurd to have an entire room filled with massive blocks and tons of wires just to show a number on a display. Configuring logic blocks is the worst thing in this game.

has it been on sale yet
how long til red rocket climbs mount everest never to be heard from again