/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Peco WHEN edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter?: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/wiki/weapons
3000hunter.com/mhw-motion-parameters-by-weapons/
bilibili.com/video/av19294355/
youtube.com/watch?v=YRoNWuEClpE
youtube.com/watch?v=0dAOxC9c4Lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

any event spam rooms up?

These balances changes both bring me joy and also frighten me. I don't want the Destiny crowd trying to get every weapon nerfed or buffed till they all feel the same or fit some dumb "meta."

Should I be hunting a specific monster if I want a Wyvern Gem? Would say, a Diablos have a higher drop rate than a lower tier monster?

ayo lads does the jump master skill (negates knockback during jumps) work during my insect glaive acrobatics?

Reminder that HH actually got nerfed in World and Capcom needs to buff it back to what it used to be.

4U
kiranico.com/en/mh4u/wiki/weapons

World
3000hunter.com/mhw-motion-parameters-by-weapons/

More doggos in world when?

Reminder that running a crit set with Teostra set bonus and white sharpness is the only way to go for melee.

Reminder
bilibili.com/video/av19294355/

I want every weapon to get nerfed. So that Hunting Horn can look like it's useful again.;_;

You should still mag dump all of your Slicing at the start, it's just not the end all be all now. Normal 2/3 have very stable DPS.

To be fair, for the first real weapons balance change ive seen em actually do in any of the MH games, its the first I agree with. Though now we'll have to see if they bother with helping out HH n such.

>teo set bonus
irrelevant when protective polish exists

What sword/gear is that?

This is hype as fuck.

we /shattercryst/ now

how long does that last for?

Nigga it was the fucking destinybabs running with the slash bowgun meme. Now they actually have to LEARN to get close to the monster or use different fucking bullets.

just over a minute, so by the time it starts decreasing, the monster should be dead.

All HH needs are it's MVs put back to what they were in 4U and for it to keep the double hit on recitals and encores. It would be great again.

reported for rape

I don't want to hunt in a World without this.

stupid sexy monster..

Sure in SP, but in MP Teo is probably better.

peco is muh nigga

>kill HR Jyuratodus
>get Wyvern Gem
What?

This isn't Blizzard. I doubt Capcom just listens to it's screaming users on it's forums and feeds them.
Actually I don't follow a lot of Capcom games, especially not the fighting ones, so I have no idea false that statement is.

We need more Brutes in World. Jho and Anja isn't enough.

>realize that a cross over event between MGS and MH: World would be the best thing ever, just like Portable Ops
>realize this will never happen again and MGS is ded

sigh

Monster that don't have a specific gem get the generic Wyvern gem.

its easy to gem in grinder alongside it to make applying it take one or two swipes.

Is there any way to check material items? Maybe I haven't looked enough but the only way I know what I have enough for armor or weapons is to go to the upgrades menu.

I duped one full set of each gem I had. Should I get a few hundred Artillery ones now?

You may only reply to this post under 3 (Three) conditions
1. You knew Slicing S was going to be OP before even the first beta
2. You have never tainted your farm with the roots of slashberries
3. You got an erection reading the 1.05 patch notes

>get a wyvern gem from a wyvern
whoa weird. huh

Does the diablos set skill stack with KO king?

you give gem grinding a little to much credit, like you will get it so easily.

no to all three of those and I'm still replying fite me

can someone post the dupe instructions again? the old thread is ded

Why artillery?

>Jyutados is a wyvern
I don't think I could think of something farther away from a wyvern.

So is it true that there are gems that give out full set bonuses?

>Bullying O-Dog with Gluttonous Fangcannon
Guys HBG is fun af

4KaFuRezTXuF
let's fucking grind these event decos

I want monsters that feels like they are mocking at your while fighting it. I miss my Congas. There's nothing that teaches humility better than dying to a pink monkey's braps.

First time visiting Veeky Forums?

yes, but they are very rare

Well the song storing they have in World is actually really great. You can have 3 songs stored and play and encore all of them at once. I love doing that. I just wish I did more damage. I will say that the double note thing in Gen/XX encouraged more aggressive HH play and I liked that too. You were more effective if you were in the monster's face. This new song storing can be seen to encourage corner hornering, but I personally don't that and I haven't seen anyone else do it either. Although I've never seen anyone else use HH in World.

I feel like it can still happen since MGSV is on PS4, XBone, and PC, but I don't think Konami will let something that great happen.

first you gotta update to 1.05

No it is a myth.

Rarity 8 so it's worth 128 points

>mvs have been known since beta
>people called out the fact that SnS had a 185 MV combo
>everyone sleeps on SnS anyway

Now we just need to prove kiranico's claim that charge slash has a bonus to element damage attached to it and we're back in business.

Does Great Wyvern Jawblade get any white sharpness with handicraft?

KIRIN SLUTS STOP SEDUCING ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

what's your true charge setup bros?

Anything is fucking possible if Horizon can get a crossover with MH. Fuck, I would kill to see a Bloodborne cross over. The only question is what will it be? Kill some shit from MH and get tokens to craft Bloodborne themed armor and weapon?

I would nut myself if they actually put in one of the bosses from BB as the event monster to fight.

>Rajang VS Nergigante turf war
>Rajang grabs Nerg by the horns and just fucking tosses him like he does with the rocks he throws at the player

I suppose they are the big 3 slot ones, right?

>don't think Konami will let something that great happen
Oh they would, it would just be utter garbage. Remember, the first thing they did with MGS after Kojima was out of the picture was make a fucking CoD zombie game with it.

Sword is Barroth Club final upgrade. No idea on the rest of his stuff.

lol nope eat my shit i found it. posting it again
1. Get Armor & weapon with as many decoration slots you can
2. Place the decorations you want to dupe into the gears
3. Make a Loadout with the "deco gear"
4. Remove all decorations from those gears
5. Make a new Loadout with "no deco" gear
6. equip the "no deco" loadout/gear
7. head to the first optional Quest
8. Go into the tent and change equipment and select the "deco gear"
9. go out of the tent
10. abandon the Quest and return to camp.
11. repeat from "6"
12. profit
nah

I don't understand GS moveset. Tackling through attacks to use true charge might as well be impossible. By the time you start your swing, the monster will have already hit you with another attack, move to attack someone else, or is behind you.
How are you supposed to play this thing?

Wtf just did this and I am now banned??

>Effluvia Expert
>3 Miasma decos
>still take damage ticks from Vaal’s aura
What the fuck is the point then?

l8 night hunts
october cant come soon enough
xx room
52-5489-8064-5210

GS is only good for big dick damage on a sleeping monster. It's outclassed in every other way by stuff like the Bow or Charge Blade.

BING

not having your guts fall right out from effluvian status effect

Do people actually want to keep nerfing stuff? I could understand the slashing nerf cause the stun lock. But come on, really?

the point is making it impossible to be debuffed, so you can be super aggressive and not need to worry about eating berries

Joining in a bit.

isnt it the effuvial expert perk that stops his miasma from hurting? or does that only apply to the acid pools

The thing though is that while song storing is nice it doesn't really serve as something that HH needed badly. Because back then I only really got enough time to pop in one song and maybe an encore of it before rolling away. Actually I feel like this change does nothing to deter corner horners. If not, actively encourage it because now it's just so much more easier to just stay in the corner and play songs till they are all done.

Blood Starved Beasts as wandering mobs
Bloodletting Beast as an arena boss
Those shark fuckers in Coral Highlands
Watchdog of the Old Lords in the wastes and other places
Uhh...token Cleric Beast for funsies

what's the problem?

Soon no one will understand the rage that is 3 LBG gunners with slicing and one melee with an elder dragon.

Up til the break of dawn.

BRGeQ6ceLyd

I can confirm piercing 3 on legi hbg does just as much if not more damage than slicing shot now

How do I get started on getting gud with traps

I want them them to change all of the fotm weapons, CB should go back to 4U status and lose shield charge after an SAED

Can someone give me the rundown on how to effectively use the Switch Axe in MHW?

>tfw Monster Hunter World could've been 5x better if it was on Switch

CB needs a nerf to increase the fun.
i don't want to feel like im playing a meme playstyle by playing the weapon how it should be played.

alou~ fiver

Stop calling wifebeater a shill.

youtube.com/watch?v=YRoNWuEClpE

t. scared crutch blade bab

So what were the changes? Is there patch notes anywhere?

no

youtube.com/watch?v=0dAOxC9c4Lg

This just reminds me that making well-done steaks are so bloody pointless now. What a shame too because they just got the cooking song right again.

decoration farm is go:

BRGeQ6ceLyd

>all the shit everyone has been complaining about
hes a circlejerking faggot

As long as it doesn't stun/flinch lock then I'm okay with that. Enjoy having more weapon options

True. Here's hoping Capcom keeps it good.

naw, depressed ex-hh main, using a hammer. Kill me my guy.

ye lets fuckin go

p happy with this

>cart and can't eat yet
>even then you can just eat the free rations you get in every quest to max out stamina

>game wants me to hunt a Rathalos when I can't even kill a Rathias