My wife and I are somewhat-richfags, and have gotten into collecting medical antiquities

My wife and I are somewhat-richfags, and have gotten into collecting medical antiquities.

Recently my wife has been buying lots of "roman" surgical and dental tools from eastern europe for super cheap. What is the chance we are funding ISIS?

Have the websites you've been using seen a notable influx in their stocks? If so then yes, you probably are.

>Have the websites you've been using seen a notable influx in their stocks? If so then yes, you probably are.

Yeah ebay has had a shocking uptick in stocks and low prices.

Not quite addressing OP's question but arguably by paying taxes in a western country you're indirectly recruiting for them.

>What is the chance we are funding ISIS?
Pretty good. Even if you're not, you're probably funding some kind of sketchy activity. The antiquities market is dominated by looted and other illegally-gotten goods.

we were just looking through ebay, it looks like hundreds of new roman medical antiquities were just released piecemeal through ebay. all the comments are pretty poorly written :(

>ordering "antiquities" from the internet
>not buying exclusively from authorized dealers

>authorized
>jew

OP, chances on those things being fake?

Fuck you you cunt. You are the antithesis to everything this board represents (that isn't shit at least).

Seriously, fuck you. If you even suspect something is suspicious, then spoiler alert, it fucking is. You better give all of them to a museum stat.

even if they arent roman, they are obviously bronze medical picks that are fairly aged. If they are reproductions they are good ones. pic related, they are basically the same. And my wife paid less than 100 for em.

considering the low price, and the flooded market on ebay right now, middling

On the one side I agree with you. On the other, at least they arent in the hands of some squatting slav with an ebay account or being destroyed in syria.

If you are an American, you have already funded ISIS through your tax dollars, as well as Hamas, Hezbollah and those faggots in Yemen I can never remember, the Houtis or something like that.

buying fake equipment

t. salafist saudiboo

>You better give all of them to a museum stat.
As long as OP takes his role are the curator and keeps all the items in good shape there is nothing wrong with that.

Whether or not the money is going to ISIS is a whole different thing though.

Houtis are enemies of americas ally the sauds and are thus funded by their shia brethen in Iran.

Be careful with this some countries authorities will put huge fines on you if they ever find out, even if the historic value is not that high.

Roman stuff with certificate goes for horrendous prices, while the black/gray market is dirt cheap. That said, lots of stuff from the Balkans, remember they also been Roman for centuries.

ISIS sells their looted antiques to people who in turn sell them to the general public. ISIS made their money regardless of whether or not you buy "their" product.

Dont worry about ISIS. Communists sell rare tsarist jewel in 1920-30 years, but who cares now? You can buy interesting things from Satan and your children forget this.

Thanks bro, I feel justified. All this shit is from Bulgaria.

Even if it is fake it will look great in my library

This shit cant be real can it?

Now you may not support ISIS, but you definitely help destroying historic artefact's and archaeological sites. Illegal digging is really bad as it destroys much historical evidence.

There's a more than significant chance you have yes. especially ebay, etc.

In the long run, those resellers would buy less from ISIS or reduce the money ISIS gets from an individual purchase if he stopped buying from those resellers.

Origin? Seems legit.

1788. Roman bronze medical tool, scalpel, artifact

Very well preserved.

Circa 1 - 3 century A.D.

weight: 24.5 gr.
length: 135 mm.

For any further questions please ask!

Wish you luck with bidding!

Anyways all of these are claimed to be of European provenance, even if they are almost certainly from the Levant

>buying antiquities off the internet

probably made somewhere in Chengdu, China desu senpai

>all of these are claimed to be of European provenance,
That's because it makes them seem less sketchy. Looters know what they're doing when they sell their illegal goods. Not long ago, I stumbled across a website selling goods obviously looted from the area where I live. To make the listings seem more legal, the seller described the collection of all of them exactly in ways that fit exceptions to the law.