/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Winner's Honors Edition

Previous Thread: →

This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Gundemoniums
[PS4] store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0704-CUSA07342_00-GUNDEMONIUMS0000
[PS Vita] store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0704-PCSG01027_00-GUNDEMONIUMS0000
>Infinos Gaiden
store.steampowered.com/app/771070
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
store.steampowered.com/app/745880
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Pawarumi
store.steampowered.com/app/610410
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050
>Garegga M2 port (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/377860/Mushihimesama/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous Thread Whoops

>died again

Why is Sakura so innocent and cute?

ded goals
ded genre
ded general

Because her bedridden mother probably makes up 99% of the human interaction she's had since she was 10 years old.

Bump

Has there really been no updates on Feveron School?

Bahmpu~

Think of it as still having time to learn moon.

i wish someone would stream ikaruga.

I could in theory. But I'm awful at it.

you mean the game that the king of the chinks said is the worst shmup of all time? yeah don't think so

>virgin shmup stream
>less than 40 viewers
>chad memerunning stream
>over 100 viewers

did poowaroomi turn out to be bad or good?

It's fine.

just kidding was trying to bait n troll kraut

i assume smoeone hosted him cus he shot up when he started ninja gaiden, shattered soldiers pretty sick though, i like watching contra but hate playing them.

i wish treasure would port the rest of their xbla remakes to steam

Well if you want to go fishing, play Darius Gaiden or summat.

harrty if you're here pasky is streaming final fight, you should watch him h'es a great bmup player.

i don't follow.

Bahmpu~

What are you you playing /shmupg/?

Bump

Watching the VOD now. I never considered jumping around like an enraged spidermonkey while fighting Sodom. Might not try it... but standing between the flames horizontally on stage 4 looks like a good idea, I'll have to try that one.
>CQC with Abigail without getting grabbed a million times
Yep, he's definitely on to something that I'm not here.

Nothing at the moment. I keep telling myself that I'm going to try Gunbird some more, but I never seem to get around to it.

nothing

Trying to one CC Crimson Clover on arcade/original mode. Please help

store.steampowered.com/app/377860/Mushihimesama/

go play that instead. CC is impossible.

unlock the type z ship and cheese the game

Nothing at the moment but I should get some mushihimesama original normal practice in

Was playing Mushihimesama Maniac for a while until I got distracted by Pawarumi. I've been playing Ketsuipachi and other non-shmup games to unwind after work this week.

Bump

Again

Really big sleeve or really odd foreshortening?

Really big sleeve. It's an edit of some old meme on Nico Nico I believe, but I wouldn't know how to find it nowadays.

sad this wasn't animated

same as this thread.

everyone is too busy playing shmups to post no doubt

What is the soyboyest shmup?

Steel Eagle

every poohoo

ketsui

shmups died
nobody play any more

Go beyond. Don't just play them. Make them!

>spend thousands of hours making a game no one but gaymers will play

Poohou or Guwange

>>spend thousands of hours making a game no one but gaymers will play
Sometimes I find it kind of sad, but then I remember that I'm at least Apu Apustaja

Bump before bed. Good luck.

Untrue, I'm playing Salamander because I want to 1cc something easy

Bahmpu~

Is Salamander any fun?

If you want something easy sure. It's baby's first Gradius with some vertical stages and a lot of slowdown.

still one-life game
if you die once, you lost credit

No it isn't, not the japanese version of the arcade game anyway. You respawn where you died there. No extends, though.

>respawn
without power ups

If you're unlucky and die near the bottom of the screen, most of the time I can grab my old option or two though.

The default speed is much faster than Gradius too so it's easy to keep going.

bump

boring

Are judging this on the few western players we had? In the west nobody ever played to begin with.

>tlb do not appears in training mode

I 1cc'ed Metal slug 1 !

FUCK YEAH

I had to bombspam the bastard like a little bitch, but I finally have a 2-1. Game overed almost immediately on the suicide bullets from the powerup ship - I always shotgun them and enter the circle quickly, guess that approach won't work in the second loop.

YEAÄÄÄHHHHÖÖÖÖÖ got my Ikaruga Easy modo clear

pic

shooting gay never die my ass

What's the best console for a shmupfag? Xbox 360 for MushiFuta alone?

saturn.

The future of shmups is the past

Is that something players would actually want or would that devalue the TLB? I always looked at them as rewards for consistent play with the caveat that you have to keep playing well to even get a chance to practice them.

I think it depends on how difficult you want the tlb to be. I am personally not a big fan of cave-like tlbs with ridiculous difficulty, but if the tlb is actually fair difficulty, then not being able to do it in training session is ok i think.

it makes practice needlessly boring, when you have to do everything you can already do before every attempt

if feels more rewarding in the end because you went through more hardship to get there, but with the same logic you can start walking in shoes that are too small, for that great feeling you get when you take them off at the end of a long day

dreamcast

I also think it depends on the tlb. If it's a tlb where you actually have chances to react, then it's ok to hide it, but if it's a tlb where you really must memorize in order to survive, then it's kinda unfair to not being able to practice it.

Bahmpu~

That's cute. .

how much higher is usually the dps of fully powered up ship vs. at start of the run? Are there any numbers on this from some games?

I guess part of the feeling in your pic could come from an increase in shot speed which would be it's own contritbution to the shot feeling/being more powerful without increase the actual damage itself by a lot. Are you asking about just straight power boost or would you consider shot speed in the convo?

>I... I don't know what this is

The flat pancake ship looks like it would be fun to play

this cannot be right, I refuse to believe it

Bahmpu~

Needs a bump already

All this progress all at once, wtf is going on? Good job guys

was mushi always a futa?

Depends on what kind of game you are making. 1.2 or 1.3 seems about right for any game where the main shot is a lot of rapid fire projectiles like CHR or CAVE games but obviously it doesn't apply to games like Gradius. Increasing the amount of bullets and making them look more thicc does most of the work.

I guess /Shmupg/ has been dying lately due to people rather playing than shitposting.

Is there a way to play Battle Garegga without 3-4 frames of input delay other than saturn or pcb?

Bump

ps4 or xbox one dumbass

Bahmpu~

Today is/was Rosa's birthday! Say something nice about her! She's another year younger!

You use wrinkle cream quite expertly

Bahmpusona~

>Rosa has a fairy named titty
what did CAVE mean by this?

member that poll about g.rev on the farm? g.rev picked strania.

why the fuck you lyin