/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter?: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1KUUaHiTr5E&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>148 diseased scales
>19 vaal kills
>not a single gem

Name 3 things about MHW you love in comparison to previous MHs

Name 3 things about MHW you hate in comparison to previous MHs

Will there ever be another like her?

>it's another "shitters don't know how to fight Black Gravios and keep getting hit by his braps and vertical laser" episode

I would do this shit solo but I'm afraid I would run the timer.

Really struggling to build a hammer or lance set.
Any tips or ideas?

>I will not clown suit.

how do I blacklist people?

>Proper Controls
>Excellent map design with great verticality
>Grappling hook that isn't overplayed and extremely useful in conjunction with above

>Online sessions make everything feel dead at all times
>SoS/Drop-in system does not belong in MH
>Gathering Hub is worthless for multiple reasons

HR72, still not got the final optional quest? Captured everything, killed a shit ton.

don't know shit about hammer but for lance you're gonna need the URAGAAN

No need, she's here forever.

Anyone have the exact numbers of pre/post patch slicing? I still haven't updated my game.
>inb4 pathetic slicefag baby

Why would I update and take 10 min to kill tempered elders when I can stay on 1.04 and take 3 min? I can do 20-30 hunts per hour and I don't give a shit what other people think. This is efficient.

what's the best method for farming research points?

>join some guys teo SoS
>get a full quest
>one of them is a nip greatsword user
>notice there's only been 3 of us fighting this dude for like 12 minutes
>GS user is ark somewhere
>finally comes after teo is a quarter from death
>kill it
>trip the fuck out of him so he can't carve
>look this nigger up
>is actually a spic pretending to be a nip

So is it confirmed people with moonrunes in their name are the worst shitters in this game?

what are the best stats for hammer?
thanks dudes

I didn't realize how truly hideous it is until I saw the kill screen

do you have 15 monsters fully researched?

They didn't nerf the damage, retard.

+ no loading between zones
+ cut a lot of tedious shit
+ graphics of course

- variety of weapon models
- not really hate, but the armour desings seems weaker also
- no underwater combat

>1 Graphics are crazy
>2 MH is back on a TV based console
>3 The gameplay is still pretty classically monster hunter despite the changes and balancing

>1. Just how nutso/severe the armor scaling is. So many onetaps otherwise JUST DONT GET HIT FAGGOT
>2. How needlessly fuckhuge all of the maps are. Theyre full of pretty flora and fauna but good luck finding stuff on your own
>3. Online could use some work but it's not game breaking

GIVE ME MY PROTECTIVE POLISH DECORATION AAAAAA

>Impressed with the Stinger, not as annoying as I thought it'd be
>Weapons feel good except HH
>New Palico stuff is neat

>Scoutflies
>Weapons needed more branching paths, which goes into
>Monster variety is shit, we have overabundance of certain elements and fuckall for others leading to very few weapon choices

Did you do the tempered investigations?
There are a few optional quests that need you to hunt enough tempered monsters/elders.

Good job my man.

If you're not gonna clown suit then diablos/black diablos is the set to go

>This deco endgame grind farming.

I don't recall grind being this bad for MH3U, apart from the shitty charm thing but you could exploit that with the tables shit.

someone tested with the rath lbg last night
it does 10 hits at 6 damage now instead of 12 at 7 i think?

They did retard, read the jp patch notes.

17 fully researched.

I love the big areas, but to be fair that's subjective.
I really enjoy the pretty graphics. Never before could I smack monster in 1080p. Feels good.

I hate that High Rank random drops are completely useless now. Wherever you get dropped from you can just get to the next camp either way and start from there.
I really don't like the fact that the wildspire waste doesn't require a cool drink whatsoever.
>But user, it's partially a swamp
Yes, but it's also partially a dessert. Especially the top of diablos lair should require a cool drink.

It's only 2 love and 2 hate for me... oh, wait, I absolutely despise how the gathering hub is completely obsolete atm.

Send her to her room.

Charm Tables are objectively the worst thing ever created.

Killscreens can be unflattering

Before I'm called a liar (I didn't update with the patch yet)

What should I be duping? Just attack decos? Are they worth melding @ 64 points?

What decos should I be going for as a lance main?

I really wish they would fix transmog. The samurai suit is stupid but with the skill sets it's basically clown suit or be suboptimal.

Not gonna talk about visuals which are an obvious upgrade for everyone

>love
-Less need for wiki due to ingame bestiary and weapon trees at Smithy
-Turf wars are pretty dynamic and often fun to watch
-Training room is a great idea

>hate
-Online lobby system is abysmal, rip fun with anons; solo and online should stay the way it was (and separated quests)
-Super lazy weapon designs, tons of reused models all across with monster parts tacked on
-The way I get the feeling that Capcom is moving towards nickel & diming very slowly. Transmog is technically in the game but removed, paid dlc outfit for handler, paid gestures.. going the wrong way there Capcom

Yes they did?

>Did you do the tempered investigations?
That's literally all I'm farming. I've been doing a mixture of shit monsters and elders to see if it makes a difference, capturing as and when.

>lance main
>duper
Get the fuck off my weapon faggot.

>tfw dancing around tempered Vaal with SnS for easy loot
feels pretty comfy

>it's also partially a dessert

I hope they won't do that. Don't be a shitter and embrace your minmaxing or fashion nature, something for something, thats the life.

Where the fuck do you get attack decos? I'm at 200 hours in this fucking game and still only have the one the game gives you.

>Use Attack Gem and Dragon Gem for Melding
>Get Dragon Gem and Tenderizer Gem (and Meowster but who-fucking-cares) in return

Actually a good deal for once.

>Just carted for the first time responding to a SOS Flare
>Two others had died before hand
>Feel like such shit that I don't even want to play anymore
I wish I could apologize to the other 3 people whose time I wasted

Haha just get lucky bro :^)

Transmog is what keeps the online alive for more than just a few endgame hunts, because suddenly there's a reason to hunt all these shit mons people usually never care about.

It's also very nice to see a big variety in armor sets on other people visually as opposed to the same 2-3 clownsuits everyone uses

Apologize

Is the Wyverian Ritual at the melder worth doing? Anybody get anything good from it?

Can someone gib the patch notes? I'm away from home and won't be back for a few days.

>mfw 99 dupes

But I'm 13th place.

Really tho, its just fast forwarding rhe useless gem grind. I'm not duping everything. Just points to meld.

>XX is dead but 4U is still alive

which star(s) quests still have a blue completed stamp

It's not like you have to minmax to kill everything easily. The game is not that hard, really.

>he doesn't cart twice immediately after joining for ultimate man mode

You'll never get better and make people around you better with this hand holding user

I keep posting this in hopes someone will tell me HOW THE FUCk do you do this?

Trying to get into the GS, is it better to do the level 1 charge, then 2, then 3, or should I always be tackle cancelling into 3?

>i-i-it's okay to dupe I'm just removing tedium!
This whole damn game is a tedious grind.

Now that they nerfed Slicing, which LBG is good?
For normal/piercing i guess HBG is Better.
How's rapid shot elemental?

>getting this defensive about slicefagging

Kirin

youtube.com/watch?v=1KUUaHiTr5E&feature=youtu.be
Is this RF normal? Doesn't seem that strong with min maxed gear on a shitgigante

But it's not?

I think the secret lies in being a glitching faggot.

I need some hammer advice. I'm easing into it pretty well but what's the triangle x3 upswing combo good for? It seems strong with good KO damage but I find it impossible to find a good time to use it with how immobile it is along with the super long wind up. If I'm going for quick pokes I usually R2 -> triangle for the smaller upswing or stage 2 R2 for the quick forward poke, and if I'm setting up for a big hit I usually triple charge standing R2 since it lets me stay mobile while charging to position properly.

I don't care and even I know.

*apologizes*
XX was a celebration. A send off if you will. They knew that after it, nothing would ever be the same again. MH would change for good and the great Normiequake of 2018 would put an end to the franchise as we know it, rebirthing it as zombie MH.

Thank you for giving us XX as a parting gift.

Can anyone lend me a hand with P.Rathian "Urgent"? she's kicking my ass

How can the bot exist in Worlds shitty online setup?

cancel into 2, do a charged 2 into 3 so 3's even faster and then roll tackle into another 2 if you still got an opening

>being this butthurt about the slightest mention of using slicing

>image

It is ok.
I've still got an easy 100 hours left to put into the game.
Duping isn't effecting it

Stfu and spoon feed me what good skills are for lance. Evade window? Block?

maps actually seem like a place an animal could live in as opposed to a boss arena
turf wars are really cool
research levels for monsters. i really wanted there to be more levels that just give you fluff about the monster instead of just needing them all for mechanical reasons

online is garbage
removal of gathering hall quests
tiny amount of weapon designs

HOW DO I UNLOCK THE CRIT BOOST CHARM

roll tackle?

>the endgame consists of spamming "search for sos flare" until you maybe get in a lobby to cheese a boss and maybe get some gems that'll enhance your gear by 1% effectiveness

I thought the endgame was supposed to be fun because I'm burning out on this pretty fast

You can Tackle out of a roll and skip straight to Strong Charge.

Go use your infinite decorations and hundreds of hours of playtime left to find out.

do an evade and tackle from the evade

>He doesn't know

its not even worth using, it only gives one point and cant be upgraded

did they actually nerf slicing? I wanted to have an easy farm for xeno

Greatsword is all about maximizing your damage with enemy window. In General

Snipe with Draw attack if your monster doesn't have long enough recovery windows (Odoragon for example)

Draw Charge Lvl 3 if the window isn't big enough for tackle->tackle->True Charge

tackle->tackle->True Charge

Draw Charge 3 ->tackle overhead charge-> true charge

Max charge everything if someone successfully mounted the monster.

Overhead charge is special however, sometimes you want to keep charging it to time a tackle against a monsters incoming attack, so its like a buffer.

GS has alot of options now.

Given its utility, mobility advantages and uptime shouldn't its damage be modest?

Seems fine, like I say nobody is going to question a HH set really when you're buffing them and you can always go more offensive when you feel like you know the weapon if you want to head towards TA autism. Though saying that I'd probably advise against earplugs along with the evade stuff, even without evade you can roll through roars if your timing is good enough so I can't imagine it'd be too hard to learn to do it consistently with a lot of evade up, might be worth just gemming in some attack or other skills.

Yes, use Pierce.

>brave cheating
>useless alchemy
>every monster having bloated hp and taking forever to kill
I'm glad we'll never see another monster hunter like trash XX. World is so much better.

I don't care what you do, user. It's just funny that you feel the need to preemptively justify your actions despite not caring what anyone thinks.

Reminder that Kirinfags are just as bad as bronies
the only reason why capcom keeps putting it in the game is to pander specifically to pony fuckers

You make your endgame yourself user. Instead of burning out on those bosses you could try out a new weapon or do some arena challenges.

Maybe farm some gear which you fancy. Just for the sake of having it.

By time you also get more decorations which you can then meld into
>but melding is so inefficient
Yes, but what are you gonna do with 50 meowster gems? Put them on Kirin?

Shits I love
>Training area
>That dodge, I don't know how to describe it but it feels more fluid than before
>Slinger is actually cool

Shits I hate
>lack of monsters, yes they would update it but still
>lack of monsters means lack of weapon
>Online

Fags like you remind me of pic related.
What are you even gonna do when you get those Decos?

How do i have fun with LBG?