freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZL90C7s8w
blogs.scientificamerican.com/degrees-of-freedom/httpblogsscientificamericancomdegrees-of-freedom20110725what-do-you-mean-the-universe-is-flat-part-i/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yay Carrot Top~

POST PROGRESS

Seems like the only AGDG games that sell have publishers and are priced sensibly, I know what I'm doing for my game.

Some facial animation testing

Go away, Blackshill Media

Hey, a positive comment from gogem. That's a first. Thanks!

playmaker isn't helping nearly as much as I thought it would. rip

Well that's just very adorable now isn't it.

We told you to not waste time and money with that shit, why did you do it?

I hope so. Thanks, man
Will try setting up some shape keys for looking in various directions now, so he can follow objects with his eyes.

Tonight's progress:
Enemy whiff collision coding re-implemented.
Enemy dodge state re-implemented.
Enemy left body blow re-implemented... Complete with player damage and collision scripting.

Unity dev making the switch to UE4. Should I use C++ or Blueprints?

including the ears is what did it for me.
eyes are overrated, people need to put more effort into alternative sources of emotive communication.

Both, starting with blueprints.

Yeah, the ears really helped (I just did the eyes first)

How does TransformPoint work exactly? I thought if you had a parent at (1, 0, 0) and a child at (1, 1, 0) in the parent, it should return (2, 1, 0), but that doesn't seem to be the case?

Only seriously use C++ when you are comfortable with blueprints and UE4 as a whole, I have no idea why some people try (and fail) to start with C++, is it just stupid "visual scripting is shit!!" elitism?

Yes

You were supposed to put the gamejam in the op. Unbelievable.

What gamejam

>Unbelievable
It's completely believable. This isn't even the 2nd time that this has happened.

There's a game jam?

What do you peeps thing of a battle arena that's structured like this? Does it look inviting?

The scene itself will rotate around in front of the camera, the black bars at the top and bottom would scroll horizontally when this happens to sell the idea of shadowed foreground elements. The trees in the back would be a skybox with props in so when the arena rotates, the objects won't interfere with the camera.

The camera could move left and right to align with two Buddys that are about to attack each other so each are on their own side of the screen, making the attack easy to parse giving you a fair change to block the attack at the right time.

Also, I really love this art! do you have a place you post things?

literally who and/or what?

There's SUPPOSED to be one. But people keep forgetting it in the OP.

Thanks!
Yeah, I post most of my stuff here:
theonian.tumblr.com

Your stuff looks fucking professional level, though. What the hell are you complimenting me for?

Ok, well, what's the jam theme and where's the page for it?

I wanna make a vidya. Who's with me?

Devs that make games with locked framerates/resolutions should have their gamedev licenses revoked, no excuses.

There's beauty in simplicity and stylisation. It looks like you are creating good stuff with whatever limitations you might have. Also thanks.

Go for it user, I'm making a vidya right now as well for an atari gamejam

every gamemaker dev ever

Why is unreal so slow?
I have a good computer, but it takes about 30 minutes just to launch my project.
Compiling takes even longer.
The BSP system is horrible, trying to make a basic level takes ages.
It's impossible for me to prototype in it because it is so slow.

Someone would probably remember to put it in the OP if you weren't so reluctant on saying what the jam is.

delete some of your cat pictures to speed up your computer

Epic's official stance is that BSP is trash and you should feel bad for wanting it.

But also a new system is coming soon.

>soon
Unity's "new input system soon" soon or "soon" soon?

I'm just making crazy fake limitations for myself because I think it's fun to optimize beyond all reason. Just makes it easier to be creative, somehow.
That vampire, for example, uses the same 128x128p texture as these two guys, and another big skeleton thing I made. It's not like people are ever going to have too little RAM to render it if I used bigger textures, but it just feels good.
/rant

I love the rounded shapes of your pie dinos. They really look like they have "volume". That's something I tend to struggle with.

>blurry

You can get the beta on github, I don't think they've said when it'll be finished.

This guy

Maybe it's the huge dick tree things, but I can't stop seeing this as DeviantArt style fur-/scale-shit.

Are they sex battles? Because it's perfect if so. But otherwise, maybe try and tone that down.

Oh hi again, blurguy.
That comes with the territory. I first made sharp pixelstuff like this, but my group for the school project wnated smooth simple textures with gradients instead, so I turned to mipmapping abuse.

abuse is a good word for anything you do

Post the link

MAD

Oh you.
Never change, my friend.

I feel like your stuff would be better if you didn't limit it to lowpoly/lowres. The designs are cool but the low fidelity makes it look like a LOD model.

I don't know why, but I really don't like the middle ground. I either go extremely lowpoly, because it's fun and challenging, or full HD sculpted PBR shading stuff.
The HD stuff tends to be a lot more generic.

Hmmm. I'm satisfied with this look but I'm not sure how I want to do the system name readout when you mouse over a marker.

this is cool desu, what is it? 4x? GSG?

That galaxy is so wide its weird. maybe its just the angle.

Freelancer clone.
Also what would be an effective way to stop a camera from drawing without disabling it?

That's because it's intentionally a elliptical galaxy, since they tend to be much older.

How is this done?

With shape keys. You just change the mesh however you want, and then that is stored as a shape key which you can blend to and animate.
You can blend the shape keys with each other too, not just the base form.

I'd say the same for you, but that's a given at this rate

do unity allow me to render their screen to a video?

I want to do a small animation with unity but I am unsure if I should use after effects instead?

Of course. Keep trying to "help" me, though.

Are the facial features just separate meshes slightly above the actual face like one would do with texture animation?

Not really separate meshes. You just enter edit mode with a shape key selected (in Blender), and then move vertices where you want them. Then you can blend between shape keys later by giving them a value between 0 and 1.

Idea guy here. Famicom Wars except it looks like this

Hm, I don't quite get how you get that kind of facial animation with that low poly looking of a mesh, but I'll do some experimentation. Thanks.

Well, to be fair I made the eyes way more highpoly than the rest of the model, but it's still nothing extreme. You could also use a texture instead. Just unwrap it to a surface with a few vertexes for moving things around.

It's a little too obvious that it's a plane or a couple of layered planes. It has no real depth minus the fake stars.

It's not actually a plane.or layered planes.

I too think it's kinda flat, though I don't know if that's how galaxies really are or if that's a design flaw

Yes it is.

>make 1 very ugly animation
>shitpost for the rest of the night

i'm trying to upscale an old sprite and i can already tell he's going to turn out looking stoned out of his mind.

help

It's not, it's an elliptical model, it's flat mostly because it was scaled down for the map.

looks ok to me, better than before

Just a little too squinty there, user.

Post ugly animation

good call, thanks famiglia

Stop watching anime. You will be blown away by the difference after just 48 hours. Its even more effective than nofap.

How do you make it then? It looks like 3-4 different planes layered at different Ys.

Any time, my dude.

Eh.

The universe is spread across a plane, its not like are galaxies are spread evenly around a sphere.

hmmm. i've been trying to make the sludgeballs more saturated so you might be onto something there

also i tried to rework my day 1 character design into another character portrait. maybe i'll use her for a boss or villain or something.

The Universe is definitely not spread across a plane.

Secondly, how is that relevant? Your galaxy lacks depth. The layering of flat planes is obvious when you rotate it and you can see the edges. It lacks volume.

ahahahah wtf

sister of the rundown guys?

that does not look good.

has gogem ripped into this yet?

her portrait is terrible, I really like how your game's been looking in the gifs or webms you post, but that portrait is a big nope

wew

Where do I learn to make a shader for smoke like in the skyrim loading screen?

Began composing background music for the first hub world.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZL90C7s8w

you're looking for particles. smoke particles.

lul

as you can probably tell, I'm still figuring out how to draw people

except it looks like this

I wish Gogem ripped into me one day. ;3

blogs.scientificamerican.com/degrees-of-freedom/httpblogsscientificamericancomdegrees-of-freedom20110725what-do-you-mean-the-universe-is-flat-part-i/

>Your galaxy lacks depth
Each of thoes little white dots is a galexy, so your right, its lacks depth, its a 1 dimensional object.

why is her neck like that

pls dont make fun of T.K., he's R.I.P. now.