/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter?: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

1st for 100 HR quest begging

first for fuck jap bow users who spam arcshot.

2 nukes were not enough.

soo fucking bored

>slicing "nerfed"

You can just skip the optional quest grind that way?

Why would you do that one when you could do this one?

>just found out you can edit the auto messages
>go to edit them
>can't think of anything funny to say

When will world get the best weapon?

Can I get some help with the power couple
pass :8008
plat ps4

LET ME IN

>completed the new event quest
>didn't get any decorations

wtf

do people still play mh4u?

Literally how are you supposed to kill Diabolos with a gun Lance? Diabolos attacks from all directions. You can't hit his front, back, or sides because he has attacks for all those directions.

In going to switch to bow if I don't get a good answer

Editing the text so every single line has a cat pun

>typoing are to ware makes me esl
man you sure do love to shitpost don't you

how do you get enough money for items in HR? I went in with 20k and 1 armor piece costs 4k

>Je suis Monte Python

I can't find the egg bird in the forest anymore

Catlolis

old bow controls when

>Need to fight tempered EDs to get in on this Streamstone and Deco grind
>Absolutely not wandering around the map looking for literal Blue's Clues
>No one is SOSing to more-than-likely-shit randos (like me) their hard-earned TED Investigations, and who can blame them

36czEHYYjnQv
Someone come kill this arena azure rathalos for me 5 times.

bandit mantle

FUCK DOUBLE KIRIN
Also I'd like an answer to this

Woah, what the fuck? Are you supposed to bring in other people and everyone solos a monster?

>tfw the best weapon guides on YouTube are from a nigger

Arekkz and gaijinhunter BTFO

How do you kill Diablos with a lance without it taking forever? He can't hurt me but he just keeps running past me and all his moves carry him out of range even with advancing guard. It's so annoying having to chase his ass with jousting or sheathe and sprint to him.

>not tonfas

are you even trying user

No.

go play nioh fag

no, they have like 0 health on quad hunts

Diablos is the only monster I can't hunt reliably with the lance. I hate that cunt so much. That said, if you can learn to abuse counters, he becomes a lot easier

Give me a good build to use the Shattercryst with. Armor, custom mods. The piercing is the most attractive bullet but I will be using the others obviously.

There's a game called Nioh Fag?
That oration is rather funny

>mfw credits roll

Oh. I should probably stop thinking multi hunts in this game will be like multi hunts in Freedom Wars.

>all his moves carry him out of range
>tail swipe
>hip check
>borrow attack
>roar

>need daora gem and odoggo gem to complete my set

nice dad joke loser what are you 40? probably since you can remember those old shitty games lmao

loling at ur lyfe

only 3 viable options for kirin are fire weapon, high elderseal weapon or sleep weapon, at your level I doubt you have a decent choice for an high elderseal weapon and the amount of bombs to make sleepbombing the main strategy so fire is the next best

the ??? under large barrel bombs is mega barrel bombs, you need a large barrel bomb and a devil's blight to create it (devil's blight can be located in the rotten vale)

Poison is shit but 5 bombs are easy to make, easy to use and i consider them to be free damage you could use if you are desperate

max potions and ancient potions are easy to make in high rank and kirin is the hardest fight in low rank by a lot so yeah, there is no need to hoard them, you can always farm more if you need them

I checked and vitality mantle is obtained from a quest in HR8 so you are gonna need to do some story quest before getting it

Requesting that Shogun Ceanataur "HE IS FAST" doodle.

Investigations bro. They drop Gems like no one's business.

That is the one I need.

>only 3 viable options for kirin are fire weapon, high elderseal weapon or sleep weapon
The absolute state of /mhg/.

When's moofah?

the HR100 one is quicker

WHERE'S MOOFY
INSTEAD OF BEST PET WE GET UGLY PIG AGAIN

holy shit is this true?
i remember reading that the 3DS one had more than 100 large monster

can confirm?

are those the monsters that were included on release?

Pls. I really wanna make this bowgun shine. Will the generic weakness exploit build work?

Hopefully DLC. I would pay money for moofah transmog and that's the only set I would do it for.

Or Bows, or just getting fucking good.

This. I miss my daughter and her apple costume.

I just want something that isn't a dinosaur or a dragon

These quests are much easier because the monsters fight each other instead of you half the time.

Done 3 daora ones with no luck, only one odoggo one though, doing some other stuff for a bit of a break from hunting.

xx is for fagits

Worlds roster is incredibly small once you realize how many reskins there are.

so is 4U

>Almost 200 hours in.
>HR70
>Beating tempered elders like they were nothing.
>Finished all the quests, sidequests, and deliveries.
>Still ragequit at tempered Anjanath.
RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU CAPCOM
FUCK YOU MH TEAM
FUCK YOU AND THIS GOD DAMN FUCKER'S ULTRA LARGE HITBOXES, ZERO WINDUP ATTACKS AND THE FUCKING WAIT FOR YOU TO START GETTING UP BEFORE HE FOLLOWS UP ON ATTACKS
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREE

Post link.

JE SUIS MONTE

I love fluffy huntresses so much.

Not my best work in that first half. Didn't realize I had Flash Bombs.

I like 3U

mh4u is better than mhw

Fuck off chink, I don't speak moonrune.

post some fucken CATLOLIS

what's the armor on the right

So do I. It's tied with XX as my favorite MH game.

mhw is my favorite monster hunter because it's the only one i've played

Hello fellow children. Can we talk about best armor sets you've made thus far? I'm trying to decide what skills are best for HH (besides maestro)

I can sub 6 temp vaal with lance without any attack buffs from meals and items. Is that good enough? My sharpness ends up orange at the end of the fight.

Snowbaron. It's the Lagombi deviant armor.

trash

>comparing a brand-new game that was just released last week to a shitty P2W MMO that's been going on since 2013

It's almost like they're been reusing the same monster models for 10 years and now that they have to remake all of them it eats up time that could be used on making new ones.

I'm new to lance, how exactly do the power counter and power guard things work and do I want to use them a lot?

I know you guys don't like new players playing your game and all but I just wanna let you know that I really love this game so far

reeeeeeeeee

>tfw Monster Hunter World could've been 5x better if it was on Switch

I did 3 of these today, shit is also a ton of xp. 70%~ of an HR level per completion and it's easy as fuck.

What armor skills are mandatory for CB?

Might try and make my first Gunlance set tonight. What are some must-have skills? And Normal type GLs have the best full bursts, yes?

>remake
stop this meme
all the returning monsters have the exact same moves

Right now I'm too spooked by HR shit to progress, but I'm using Odogaron chest, zorah headpiece b, zorah gloves b, rathian dress, and alloy pants

Can you SOS them for us

Do you not understand what "remake" means?

I need some advices.

I've played past MH games but always alone. In World, I try to play with people as much as I can, but I've been getting insulted quite a lot today.

I play Great Sword (never played it before, I played Switch Axe), I usually try to focus weak points so that I can break parts and deal the most damage possible, but very often there are other people on these parts, too, or they run in front of my charges resulting in them getting blown away.

As a GS user, what should I focus on when playing with people? Is it more important to do what my job is than making sure not to hit others if they get in my way? Also, what are the parts I should usually hit?

I'm really lost and torn between doing what I should and doing my best not to make people angry. For the first time I didn't have any fun today.

Do you know what a "model" is?

>blast Glaive
>blast Kinsect

I'm having a blast

this nigga right here

I want to clean out all my optional quests. Just how many 'special arena' quests are there?

nice slut you have there, how many times has she been mounted so far?

what is there to "remake"

they've always had high poly count models of every monster that they've just culled and stuck into all their games

if people are getting in your way, it's their fault