/vn/ - Vintage edition

Visual Novel General #1859

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Ririna is perfect you better stop bullying her

;_;

>

HELP I'M STILL AWAKE AND CAN'T FALL ASLEEP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

There is nothing wrong with love between siblings!

Benis
8==D

How the fuck can you not fall asleep if you've been awake for that long

HAHAHA BENIS :-DDDDDDD

Just read muvluv. You'll be asleep before you know it.

I LIKE LOLIS!

user...
kissu...

ebin

LOLIS!

I want kissu...

I'm sad I missed the lolipocalypse two threads ago.

Trains in bikinis!

Just to let you know, I noticed your attempt.

I seriously hope you don't plan to purchase Maitetsu

I already have it.

Lucia is a miracle of the universe.
And Chihaya is pretty nice, too.

I was worried some of the trainposters might give money to juden. You got the right way of doing things. You're a good man

I downloaded this game on a whim, just for the vintage feeling.

I genuinely didn't expect it to be THIS good. The MC is not a fatso bald man. in fact, an actually pretty cunning guy and can get shit done.

AND DID NOT FUCKING EXPECT ANIMATED H SCENES IN A GAME FROM 2002

thank you

i was gonna try again to read S but now i never will

Stop posting terrorists.

Do your cards, /vn/.

I have.

Took the chance and got it along with Monobeno.

Worst girl worst route.

name?

this is why foltest is my kang

Filename

ALRIGHT I'M FINALLY GETTING SLEEPY

WILL REPORT BACK IN HALF AN HOUR IF I DIDN'T MANAGE TO FALL ASLEEP.

Based lolibro

shut the fuck up and/or kill yourself

is the steam version of little busters worth it? is the "HD" all that amazing?

I also heard that some things got cut/cropped in the steam version.

>is the steam version of little busters worth it?
No

best king

It uses the console versions of the CGs so you don't get to see some panties. You do get the extra content that isn't in the fan translated version though.

Shizuku is so fucking perfect. It's amazing that Chiharu managed to be even perfecter

...shit. Now I'm conflicted.

It's basically a port of the Japanese console release, so it's all-ages and some CGs are edited, such as seeing Komari's panties when she falls over. It's nothing major, so if you want to see that you can always just look at the CGs online. Other than that, it has the three EX routes (Sasami, Kanata, Saya) which are translated for the first time, as well as a new engine that lets you switch between languages and some other things. It has a lot of typos, or at least it did when I played it; they may have been fixed by now.

I guess I'll go for that version. That price is pretty steep though.

That shit is so minor that if it stops you from playing the game you are literally dumb.

>Buying it
Why though
Why be retarded

Just pirate it for now. If you really liked it enough you could buy it after.

How is that steep for a ~100 hour long game? Clannad is still $50.

>no panties
>nothing major
Get out

Name a more relatable vn protagonist

I still didn't have the chance to do Chiharu's route but I don't know how she can be even better.

You probably thought the censored CG in Subahibi was important too.

Because I'm a good goy that tries to do the right thing.

I suppose that's true.

Don't remind me.

I'll just look at the old cg afterwards, like the other user said.

Well, that was fun. Seems like her breast capped at I cup and won't go any larger than that. And it doesn't have job ending if you marry someone unlike PM2, what the fuck.

Chiharu is even cuter and a better girl overall. Though Shizuku does have the best H-scene in the entire game, when she spends an entire night sucking the MCs dick while he sleeps

>Because I'm a good goy that tries to do the right thing.
You mean you're a faggot

It isn't as big as some people make it but the main problem with it is it totally removes the outcome of a choice you make earlier. Why bother having that choice kept in if you can't see the result of it?

>I'll just look at the old cg afterwards
I already read the fan TL. I'm not going to force myself through that piece of shit a second time

I assume you're talking about Little Busters? If so I agree it was silly to still have the donut choice. It's just some SoL scene and not something plot-related though.

They really should have kept in the option of "knowing the secret of the world" which would allow you to skip to the new routes. Having to skip through everything or find and load in a 100% save is tedious.

The official release uses the fan tl. The only new translation is the EX routes and other content that wasn't in the original release.

try Sagara family if you liked this it has a cake route btw and beautifully animated cg's it aged well surprisingly

>The official release uses the fan tl.
The "official TL" just bought out a finished Fan TL and re-packaged it.
Fuck that noise

and Amorous Professor Cherry

Did you mean cucked route?

I assume the EX routes are good though?

Apparently, unlike Clannad and Rewrite, VisualArts thought the fan TL was decent enough to use. I'm not sure I agree; it reads rather wooden and isn't very localized.

Wasn't it Visual Arts themselves that brought it and then published it?

it was a good route desu
had a good fap from it I should install it again desu

slut

The translation was fine as far as I could tell, but again there were (are?) lots of typos.

>I assume the EX routes are good though?
Sagami's is okay and I liked Kanata's route (though I like Kanata as a character so I don't remember if the route itself is that good), while Saya's is pretty forgettable.

>Wasn't it Visual Arts themselves
Sekai was involved at some point. I remember Sekai was the entire reason the fan TL stalled for so long as they kept trying to open negotiations with VisualArts and Doki Fansubs.

It's always the jews

Thats a big princess

>tfw Sekai will come to Visual Arts again for Hatsukoi and Hoshi Ori

Also want to point out that as much as it may seem like I'm shitting on Little Busters I do remember enjoying it a lot. KEY music is always my favorite, and the LB theme is probably one of my overall favorite.

Isn't it just
Saw a lot of people a few threads ago saying to "give NekoNyan a chance", which I really hope doesn't mean they plan to buy things from them for any reason.

Sekai will hopefully die soon. I've said it every year for the past few years, but I hope it's true this time

>Sekai was involved at some point
They aren't listed on the final product though so things must have gone bad in negotiations. I know they are involved in Rewrite though since Visual Arts threw away Ixwrec's translation, after buying it and finding it garbage, and gave it to them for some reason.

>playing all-ages vns
/vn/ disgusts me sometimes

>Sagami's is okay and I liked Kanata's route (though I like Kanata as a character so I don't remember if the route itself is that good), while Saya's is pretty forgettable.
I thought Sasami's was good since it actually took place after Refrain and gave you more information about how the supernatural stuff worked. Kanata's was awful IMO. I liked her as a character too but the constant flashback scenes were just too much. Saya's was great, I don't know what you're talking about there.
>Sekai was involved at some point. I remember Sekai was the entire reason the fan TL stalled for so long as they kept trying to open negotiations with VisualArts and Doki Fansubs.
I don't know about any of that, but Sekai isn't involved in the Little Busters release. They only published Clannad and Planetarian (and Rewrite when it gets released). The decision about which translation is used comes from VisualArts, as the Rewrite situation has shown. Sekai didn't have any say in it and were told to retranslate it.

I have the money, so I'm going to buy Little Busters! off of steam, 90% because of the patches that fixes the translation errors after the fact that doesn't seem to be anywhere online.

buy that shit and upload it user

lol

ss vns?

Did you know our rec chart has always had all ages stuff on it? You must have been disgusted for quite a long time now.

>They aren't listed on the final product though so things must have gone bad in negotiations.
Probably, but like I said they're the reason the fan TL stalled. I remember the updates stopped for months, followed by "to be released in conjunction with Sekai Project!" and then nothing for years.

>I thought Sasami's was good since it actually took place after Refrain and gave you more information about how the supernatural stuff worked
It taking place after Refrain was a nifty idea in concept but made no sense in execution, and the expanding they did on the supernatural stuff only really raised more questions, as well as having a really unsatisfying ending.
>Kanata's was awful IMO. I liked her as a character too but the constant flashback scenes were just too much
Yeah I can agree with you there. Shame because I really liked Kanata and thought she'd be the best of them,
>Saya's was great, I don't know what you're talking about there.
It was just entirely forgettable and the resolution was really not satisfying. Refrain tried to focus more on worldbuilding than the characters for the 3 extra routes, and Saya suffered the most in that regard.

>The decision about which translation is used comes from VisualArts, as the Rewrite situation has shown. Sekai didn't have any say in it and were told to retranslate it.
I'm still baffled they gave it to them in the first place.

Buy it, upload it, refund it.
Save everyone and yourself money.

>I'm still baffled they gave it to them in the first place.
It's probably because they did a good job with Clannad.

rec me thanks

>It's probably because they did a good job with Clannad.
But Sekai didn't even really "do a job" with Clannad.
That was another close to done TL from Doki Fansubs they snatched up. And Key had more than enough time to see numerous Sekai blunders between Clannad and handing over Rewrite. Rewrite hopefully won't sell as well since the anime sucked ass

>I'm still baffled they gave it to them in the first place.
Partnered multiple times already and they didn't get people emailing them to tell them how horrible they are.

>Save everyone and yourself money.
I'm not going to cry over $35.

>But Sekai didn't even really "do a job" with Clannad.
>That was another close to done TL from Doki Fansubs they snatched up.
wow, this is sad to hear. I thought that was the one good thing they'd ever done lmao

>being this much of a faggot

>But Sekai didn't even really "do a job" with Clannad.
>That was another close to done TL from Doki Fansubs they snatched up.
It was retranslated from scratch. You of course have to take Sekai's word for that, but I've never seen any proof otherwise.

If they end up dying, I bet that it will be right after a couple of successful kikestarters where they run away with the money, declare bankruptcy and some 100 licenses get stuck in a limbo for all eternity.

So are you gonna upload it? Because I was thinking of buying it too.

>It was retranslated from scratch. You of course have to take Sekai's word for that
That's what Doki said they were doing, and given some of the partial patches I tested the final release isn't too different.

Sorry to disappoint you, Mr. Gibsmedat.

No, I won't be uploading it, sorry.