Remember, the point of life is to enjoy the experience while it lasts. Are you guys happy?

Remember, the point of life is to enjoy the experience while it lasts. Are you guys happy?

no
life's beaten me down and I've become a hiki

I'm working on it.

i'm a schizophrenic paedophile with ptsd, do you think I enjoy life?

>paedophile
slit your wrists tbqh

It doesn't take work, you just have to be. Be happy now, user.

I wouldn't say happy exactly, not in the sense that I am at the opposite end though.

I feel mostly serene now.

I should be studying but here I am shitposting and masturbating
I hate myself

WHERE IS THAT BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPE

free me from this torment

Looks a bit like Loch Garry

I think I found the Wojak-less photo

I've been happy in the past and not to sound edgy or like some aspie, but I really think it's overrated. Happiness is insubstantial, it might be enough for women and children, but if you are striving for Übermensch, it's insufficient.

Infinitely better is the satisfaction gained from self-improvement and creation. Women have given me happiness in the past, but I am now much more content than I was when happy because I am constantly working to improve myself and create to the best of my ability.

Do not fall for the happiness meme.

>I tried to be happy this one way but it wasn't really sustainable, so now I tried being happy this way and now I'm a lot more happy

user, you're still trying to find happiness, just through your accomplishments and hard work, not the "in the moment" kind of happiness.

That's not the point of life.

I can say yes, im happy. Im what most people would call a shut in, and for some reason they think im unhappy or depressed or there is something wrong with me, but they actually have no idea how happy I am. The only thing bothering me is that Im currently jobless (I study part time) and that makes me feel guilty since my dad is the only one working, but other than that I enjoy my autistic life.

It's nice you found something to make you happy. [spoiler]:^)[/spoiler]

Move out to the middle of nowhere, it worked for John Muir.

I know no one should spell that badly.

Move to Nepal and become a monk. Let go of all your possessions and become enlightened. There's no place for you in society as they will always reject you.

This

Happiness is overrated. The point of life is not to live in a single state of mind i.e happiness, that's a retarded American concept.

If you truly want to experience all life has to offer, then you'll be willing to experience every emotion that comes with it be it sadness/anger/anxiety/fear/courage etc.

That's living life to the fullest I believe.

There are different kinds of happiness with different degrees of permanence. There is joy, there is pleasure, there is satisfaction, there is schadenfreude, there is glory; there is amusement, there is euphoria, there is contentment, there is serenity, there is bliss, and still there are others. From women, you gained the contentment of intimacy and the pleasure of sex, and from creation and self-improvement, you are gaining satisfaction and self-glory.

You are finding happiness in the striving. If you strive to become the Overman, then there is no Overman but what you prize in attaining it; so it is that you are striving not for an unhappy Overman in the future, but rather for a happiness in the present man that is you.

Why is that the meaning?

You can try to find happiness and still not be a meme tier hedonist that thinks about sex, money, and drugs all the time.

Happiness is for the weak

No. I'm a fat piece of shit that can't stop fucking things up for himself

The popular notion of "happiness" has been bastardised -- serenity and being self-complete are the true happiness and should be sought after, not the consumerist delusion of having many activities and things and people to distract you from despair.

happiness is overrated f a m

I agree with you entirely brother and admire your understanding.

I think your mistake is considering all those states as being a gradation of happiness. Happiness and satisfaction differ as pain does from discomfort; that is to say despite their being classified both as either negative or positive, that is as far as their similarities go.

Happiness is ephemeral as any other emotion is and depends entirely on externality for its maintenance, just as sorrow. Satisfaction is more like despair in that the individual is in full possession of all that is necessary to maintain or dissemble it; it might be triggered by externalities, but is neither sustained nor only dminished by them. It is for the independence that an individual enjoys for valuing satisfaction over happiness that I suggest doing so. To depend on what is beyond the self for an emotion or state of being is dangerous and is the cause, I think, of so many failed relationships.

Someone else said women offered a happiness that is simply different from the happiness I find in self-improvement, but this is not true. I remember that happiness well enough to say with confidence that I am not happy now. None of you, if you were to know the conditions of my life, could accuse me of being happy. But I am satisfied with myself and this allows me to accept misery, happiness, sorrow, and delight as transient necessities in the human experience.

I am responding from my phone as I prepare for work so excuse me if I overlooked any points that deserve attention and a response.

>SC BW streams with twitch chat turned off.
yes.

I wouldn't say I'm happy. At present I'm just trying to do my job, enjoy the small joys like Veeky Forums and worry about improving my situation so I can be maybe eventually happy in the future.

me irl

Jesus that pic makes cheers me up.

>Are you guys happy?

Kinda, in a "real happiness wasn't an option" way.

I realised early in life that whenever I really wanted something I had to struggle with the sadness of not having it and the anxiety of pursuing it, and that whenever I got that thing I longed for I grew bored/accostumed to it, so happiness for me became just about not falling for this trap. I try to condition myself to limit my own desires, to redirect the instinct of ambition towards self-improvement and the re-discovery of things I already have. This way, everything I want is within my immediate reach.

Of course I still have a few dreams, traveling is one of them, but these are isolated events and things that I'll do it and then be done with it. Trying to achieve an "ideal life" is no longer something that worries me.

I can be miserable if I want to. Fuck you.