/dng/ - Dueling Network General

YGO General #2704
"Leave Pendulum Magicians to Me!" Edition

Last Thread: ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
YGOPro Percy Discord (will always contain latest download links): discord.gg/ygopro-percy
>YGOPro no Links(Linux): github.com/cromerc/ygopro
>High Quality YGOPro Images (dead): mega.nz/#F!FjI11DhB!8yUbfIJupKLXXSznZb7Ymg
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator with no judges or databased rulings
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/SD_RuleBook_EN_V10.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Rarity Collection (February 10th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers (February 24th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Curse of the Dark (March 10th)
●OCG: Starter Deck 2018 (March 24th)
●OCG: Cybernetic Horizon (April 14th)
●OCG: Collector’s Pack 2018 (May 12th)

●TCG: Legendary Duelists 2 (February 23rd)
●TCG: Legendary Collections Kaiba (March 9th)
●TCG: Star Pack: VRAINS (March 30th)
●TCG: Lair of Darkness Structure Deck (April 20th)
●TCG: Flames of Destruction (May 4th)
●TCG: Dark Saviors (May 25th)

*No CaC unless you can provide a 1000 word-minimum essay explaining why your card would be good for both the current OCG and TCG metas, is more creative than all the archetypes in the game, would not powercreep Card Shuffle, and has at least 5 citations in MLA format.

*Go to /dlg/ for your nostalgia pandering

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for irs

Pot of Nostalgia
normal spell
Banish 15 cards from your Extra Deck face-down; draw 2 cards.

Does this make it a Big Eye

Pay Konami

I don't play yugioh irl but I want this bad

WHERE ARE THE LEEKS?

>dicksucking dead tripfags
I bet you like Trip too faggot.

I'm glad you stopped playing Solar Wind Jammer. You should also drop Machine Duplication at this point desu

Artifact Lancea and Forbidden Chalice are pretty solid cards for the side deck.

Yes, he's a nice guy

>2 and a half years of tournament grinding to top a regional
I feel bad for you.

I am going to fug this slug.

>top
>not first
Why is dng retarded?

What do you even run in the ED in this deck?

Reaper targets
Decode
Skulldread
Unicorn

cherry targets

Hungry burger support when?

Been trying to make Vendreads work all night with little success. Not even Uni-Zombie&Mezuki antics can drag this deck out of its mediocrity. Sometimes you even wonder why you are playing the non-ritual Vendread monsters. Is the support for the archetype over? They need either a true boss monster or a consistency boost. Battlelord is alright but Slayer is mediocre. Also who had the idea of making Slayer/Battlelord get the eff from the monsters on the damn field only? Why couldn't they get it from the GY? They aren't even gamebreaking effects at this point. Feels like Konami didn't even try.

You don't need more than one Camo and one Elf, since you can set them off Marionetter and recur them with Silq. And a second Kuntieri seems unneeded, since you can fetch it with Multifaker and Meluseek.

WORLDS.

how do you win words with a list this shit please explain

I need your guys' best pot of greed memes. NOW

>Pot of Double Greed
>Quick-Play
>Draw two cards from your deck, then return those two cards to your deck, then shuffle your deck and your opponent's deck, then shuffle your and your opponent's graveyards.

Because Blue-Eyes is a card that no other card can stand up to.

Also
>Shit list
>Won Worlds
Stay mad.

>Dragluon
>Heliopolis

there is a cool play with dragulon where you special summon a blue eyes from your hand

It was for the mirror dummy. And Helio to tribute and pop things then bring them back to with the revival spells when you can to push for game.

Heliopolis is pretty effective backrow removal.

>Altergeist deck base on Ygosingles used to be 8 dollars
>Now it's 50

>tfw konami rarity bumped the fuck out of altergeist
>tfw the deck's probably gonna be expenisve as fuck when multifaker drops
it hurts

How about this:
>Pot of Aiglatson
>[Anormal Spell]
>Banish 2 cards from your hand face-down and then draw 15 cards.
?

Hype is cancer.

Anyone have the "suffer you fucking xyz scum" pic

Prove me that lowering the deck limit to 30 cards wouldn't make the game better.

So did Links improve the game at all?

I've been playing since I was a kid and managed to adjust to every other format just fine but Links still seems so foreign to me, I haven't been able to play for months. Are there any good/fun decks to try out to get a feel for it?

It would make it harder to fit in techs and outs. With how big some archtypes are, you'd be limited to your core and maybe a few staples. It would lower a player's ability to truly customize their deck. At the same time, consistency would be boosted significantly, making the game even faster since the odds of opening your pieces will have increased, and draw cards like Upstart becomes that more significant.

A better idea would be to increase the minimum to 50 or even 60. This would slow the game down by significantly cutting into consistency and allow players to run more tech options without having to sacrifice much.

Links are shit.

>making the game even faster
That was my idea to be honest. Sometimes I feel that game is too luck-based since having a opening hand better than your opponent gives one a huge advantage.

But
>A better idea would be to increase the minimum to 50 or even 60. This would slow the game down by significantly
You're right, thinking again, even with 40 cards minimum it's hard to make a deck that I trully like.

You mean the shit.

>make ftks more consistent
brilliant

>let's make the game that already ends by turn 3 all the time even faster!
No, if anything the minimum should be brought up making things slower.

Links were a mistake

Any fan made cards that you would like to see in the game?

Play some Link-based deck like Spyral or World Chalice.

No, CaC is cancer.

So what's the deal with Gideon? Did Percy just give up on it for good?

> konami making cards just to gain more money
> it's okay
> fan does a balanced and useful card for the game that he trully loves
> it's retarded
off urself

Links are synchro but blue with arrows

Yes, Brilliant does do that.

> fan does a balanced and useful card

How come no one plays this card? What am I missing?

Normal monster

except synchro were additions to the game and are hard to summon (compared to links)

He posted it everywhere about a billion times that hes moving and servers down until further notice

Misleading card text, it does target. If it wouldnt target it would be absolute prime removal for shit like phantasm spiral

Please fuck off back to deviantart and take your fanfiction with you.

and that's a good thing

here's why

You're not going to get any non-shitpost answers. The real reason is because the elitist circlejerk thread police will only let you post discord-approved content. If you even DARE talk about Duel Links, the anime, any other YGO video game, or even the fucking OCG on occasion, you will be told to kill yourself because this is dueling network general, where we all only play dueling network and nothing else.

If you try to post meaningful CAC, you're going to get the same faggots who push the Hero/Super Quantum/ABC Helmet meme spamming retarded
>Pot of I'm Hilarious
>Give me a (you); shuffle your deck face-down.
posts as if anyone has ever given any of their jokes even a passing chuckle.

>CaC

The problem with CaC is that it's just pointless and boring. It's not like Konami is reading this thread and taking notes or that you can actually test out your fantasy card in a game. Yet it's something that will derail threads if it's not discouraged. Like those survey posts or "roll" images.

>you can actually test out your fantasy card in a game
You can, though. Programming them in is trivial. Hosting a server with them is trivial. Gideon does both and it's a one-man operation running it off a spare computer in his bedroom.

>Yet it's something that will derail threads if it's not discouraged.
It only derails threads when the meme faggots start thinking they're funny.

>Gideon
D e a d

Link is everything good about Synchro (monsters are sent to the graveyard, Links can be used as material to make higher Link rating Links) + everything good abou Xyz (generic, doesn't require a specific type of monster like Tuners) while also coming wit a nerf to every other summoning method.

>the anime, any other YGO video game, or even the fucking OCG on occasion
People constantly talk about those things.
>Duel Links
That's because there is a fucking general for DL on this same fucking board.

Nice delusions, CaCshitter.

>People constantly talk about those things.
And people constantly talk about CAC. CAC and all those things get shitpost the fuck out 100% of the time by retards like you.

>CaCshitter
Prove I've ever made a CAC. You can't.

>discord-approved content
lol? people are constantly shitting on the discord, only tripfags and their dicksuckers like it
>If you even DARE talk about Duel Links, the anime, any other YGO video game, or even the fucking OCG on occasion, you will be told to kill yourself
there is literally a general for just duel links
people talk about everything else on that list all the time too what
>If you try to post meaningful CAC
there is no such thing as meaningful cac when it's never going to impact the game at all

>there is no such thing as meaningful cac when it's never going to impact the game at all
Give an example of any discussion or post in this thread that has any impact on the game at all.

What aoi doing?

>It only derails threads when the meme faggots start thinking they're funny.
So literally every single time CaC is posted. I can't think of a single time it's happened where CaCposting hasn't led to "LOLOL POT OF GREED LOLOL SHUFFLES DECK".

It's not the CACfags posting that, which is the difference.

What fucking imaginary world do you live in?

[citation needed]

>CAC and all those things get shitpost the fuck out 100% of the time by retards like you.
Show me an example of people constantly shitting on those other things.
CaC gets shat on because it's the equivalent of posting fanfic on a show's discussion thread on /a/, /tv/ or /co/ and wanting it to be discussed. It's fucking pointless to discuss it because it's not real and will never be real. Besides, a lot of the time you can clearly tell that the people who post CaC have no knowledge about the game, and make extremely cancerous posts. There is no reason to encourage those people to post just for a "reasonable" CaC post every once in a while, that, in the end, is still pointless fanfic-tier posting.

>I'm going to spend my time putting together a CAC with custom art and text in photoshop, post about it in the thread, and try to encourage discussion
>then immediately derail myself with a low effort shitpost which will get no (you)s because even the anti-CACfags are tired of these shitposts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

discussing real cards and actual game mechanics has much more impact than discussing deviantart fanfiction cards

Can you give an example of that impact?

>I'm going to spend my time putting together a CAC with custom art and text in photoshop
What the fuck? What bizzaro world do you live in where any Cacfag put in that much effort? Seriously, look at last thread, and show me where anything like that happened.

Even something as small as changing how someone deck builds on a simulator like Pro or talking about their pulls or what they bought is more impact than CaC can ever manage.

>talk about cards that can be teched in/against meta decks
>those cards end up being good techs and affect the meta
now leave

I wish CaCfags would at least bother with PSCT

Can you give an example of when discussion on /dng/ had an impact on the meta?

I put in effort once. I even made my own art.
This was pre-MR4 and needs a hard OPT, though.

>2100 ATK on a Link 2
Fucking christ, can't they at least put in a modicum of effort?

>we need to be defining the meta or we may as well be talking about an imaginary format and imaginary cards

Holly Angel is 2k and can boost herself.
It's reasonable for a card that requires a specific archetype.

>CAC discussion is bad because it has no impact on the meta
>MY discussion is perfectly fine even though it has no impact on the meta
You literally don't have an argument.

Is there a /dng/ bingo image?

no one was trying to say that /dng/'s discussion was meta defining, you're the one who said cac is "meaningful" which is retarded

>completely ignoring the person who pointed out that even one person adding a tech due to discussion on /dng/ is still more of an impact than cac

They've gone out of their way to make sure any Link 2, even those that are archetype locked, have a base attack of 2000 or less. Breaking that is the equivalent of making a normal monster with an attack greater than 3000.

I'm talking about impact, not meaning. You can have meaningful discussion over any topic. The argument against me in the reply chain is that CAC won't have any impact on the game, but that's true for everything in this thread.

Again, do you have an example of a post or discussion on /dng/ having any impact on the actual meta, regardless of how big an impact it is?

If anything, the opposite is true. Remember what /dng/ said about D Rulers? True Kings? Troymare? Is there such thing as negative impact?

He looks really uncomfortable wearing all those armor

What do you think he smells like under it? haha

>If anything, the opposite is true
You call it the opposite, but even being wrong about meta speculation is more discussion than CaC can ever generate.
By the way, Troymares are absolutely seeing use in OCG, many are at least running Unicorn for being a generic Li-Castel and stuff like Plant Synchro is running more

>Again, do you have an example of a post or discussion on /dng/ having any impact on the actual meta
>implying my post said anything like that
I see you're not even reading my replies. Last (You) from me.

not him but CaC discussion is pointless, you will never face that card on a real duel, you will never play that card on a real duel either, /dng/ might not affect the meta on a greater scale but affects the performance of the players that post or lurk here, be it good or bad, which is more than what you can say about all the CaCs ever posted combined

>Plant Synchro
Whoops, reflex. Meant Plant Link. And the more I look the more I see them in Trickstars and Alter decks too

yeah, Troymares are being used as a toolbox more than anything, mostly because they just have 1 main deck monster and said main deck monster isn't indispensable for the summoning of them, so there isn't a "Pure" Troymare deck since you can splash them on anything

Why are altergeisr so expensive?