/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html
>StrongStyle Tournament Feb 10-11 11:00AM PST
twitch
.tv/teamsp00ky

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Se3MqKF3q3MJPV7W8WcT-KGLNDfWE1FrfBcnkVzlHzw/htmlview?sle=true#
youtu.be/Of18Vy8gbGg?t=4m56s
youtube.com/watch?v=-C8XLT74vFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are most df2 launchers -12 on block?

do yall judge someone for being a dan despite lots of past wins
I'm nervous that I'm going to be stuck here for a while and be made fun of

Only the ones that launch crouchers

how is anyone gonna make fun of you if they can't talk to you

Brackets for SS
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Se3MqKF3q3MJPV7W8WcT-KGLNDfWE1FrfBcnkVzlHzw/htmlview?sle=true#

I'm tired of getting memed by king's low launcher. For the life of me I can't react to it

do hopkicks regularly

It depends on how the person plays. If they are actively trying to apply fundamentals but are guessing wrong / making execution mistakes then i don't care. If they have a high win rate and are just using gimmicks and flowcharts, that's when I start giving them shit.

It's like 34 frames or something. If you can't react to King's low launcher, how the fuck are you dealing with snake edges?

First, don't play 3 bar kings. Second go in practice mode and practicing blocking for a bit.

you shouldn't be blocking it, you should be low parrying it

How can you confidently give advice to new people when you yourself have no fucking idea what you're talking about?
Don't you have even a little bit of respect for newcomers?
>all of the high damage options out of the CD chain throws can be broken with the same input
Even with this was true ( it's not because RDC is a 2-break from a 1-break starter and King's Bridge is a 1+2-break from a 2-break starter ) that just empowers the lower damage chaingrabs, which still deal fucking shitloads because 70 or 60 damage is nothing to scoff at.

Just fuck off.

this idiot has already been proven wrong but just in case someone still has doubts
youtu.be/Of18Vy8gbGg?t=4m56s

>it's not because RDC is a 2-break from a 1-break starter and King's Bridge is a 1+2-break from a 2-break starter
Yo, my dude, Chicken Wing Face Lock and Indian Death Lock are both 1+2 breaks. King's Bridge cannot be broken but you can still avoid RDC and King's Bridge by mashing 1+2.

>which still deal fucking shitloads because 70 or 60 damage is nothing to scoff at.
Sure, except when you consider the fact that if a King managed to land a chain throw on you in the first place, he probably could have launched you instead for more damage.

Do king's wave dash

>Yo, my dude, Chicken Wing Face Lock and Indian Death Lock are both 1+2 breaks. King's Bridge cannot be broken but you can still avoid RDC and King's Bridge by mashing 1+2.
Which empowers the other grabs.
>Sure, except when you consider the fact that if a King managed to land a chain throw on you in the first place, he probably could have launched you instead for more damage.
How do you launch an opponent who stand-blocks as King?

>How do you launch an opponent who stand-blocks as King?
How the fuck do you eat a > 35-frame throw? Are you in a coma?

Oh you're still here. How do you option select chaingrabs?

Crouchdash throws look like a 1+2 break but are either 1 or 2 breaks.
They are unseeable from a prolonged crouchdash from which you could do a WS homing mid.
Since you ignored my other points I can assume we're done here

So King is the new lowest tier character according to /tekgen/ King mains? Are his throws as useless as Lars's lightning screw and orbital are for Lars mains?

one exception to this is Raven who's df2 doesn't launch crouching, is i16, and -11 while leaving her in bt because Harada hates black people

Yes. King's chainthrows are option selectable ( but I wont tell you how ) and 70 damage is SHIT because you could have just quickly switched to Devil Jin and done a hellsweep.

No, King is a fantastic character, but chain throws aren't the reason why he's good.

Her df4 launches only crouchers and is practically safe with how many followups it has. It's crazy how long you can delay the last hit of df4,4,3

They're an extremely powerful oki tool that is unique to him. If you're good at his unique wavedash they're strong even mid-stage.

we've gone from "they're useless and option selectable, they only work at low ranks" to "they're not the reason why he's good"

it's a start

If the retard collector is still here, we got a new entry

No sense worrying about them judging you, focus more on kicking their ass.

>as useless as Lars's lightning screw and orbital are for Lars mains?
Listen here you little fuck, lighting screw isn't good because it HAS NO TRUE CRUSH PROPERTIES. It's all evasion and it got NERFED. There are lows and highs that will still hit Lars and it is MINUS 21. There are -13 hopkicks in this game that are better.

His orbital is BAD. It moves him forward unlike Bryan's and it's worse on whiff. It is EASILY SIDESTEPED. but he has to use it because HE HAS NO CHOICE.

To be fair Lars does have the least crushing orbital

Also, who cares what some d-bag on a Veeky Forums board thinks? Any d-bag that would judge you negatively for something stupid like that is a loser at life.

Bryan vs Asuka is 10:0 matchup, 100% impossible because he lowcrushes her highs.
Paul is holding me back. By the way I can't do quarter circle motions.
The game is very poorly balanced at low levels.
Steve is shit.
Steve is top tier.
Raven can't open up turtles and can't do anything about pressure.
Kazuya's hellsweep tracks both sides.
Jin's RA is the worst in the game because it's high so it's a free launch.
df1,1 extensions are gimmicks because the second hit is high.
It's easy to RA through Claudio's hopkick: just look for when he jumps.
I'm Speedkicks.
Snake Edge doesn't launch, it just knocks down and then you pick them up.
King's chainthrows are option selectable and useless.

Did a King player murder your family or something?

MBC's success rate with chain throws in Korean tournaments is pretty low relative to how often he attempts them. Posting Poongko eating chain throws hardly supports your point when he was only briefly relevant because he had access to the game 20 years before anybody else.

And breaking King's two best chain trows with a single input is a pretty useful option select, is it not?

So how do you option select them?

PC or PS4?

>So how do you option select them?

One
Plus
Two

they are both more or less the same, but if you want to compete, ps4 is the tournament standard

>And breaking King's two best chain trows with a single input is a pretty useful option select, is it not?
yeah and hellsweep is useless because you can just block low

MBC hasnt been going to tournaments period.
>And breaking King's two best chain trows with a single input is a pretty useful option select, is it not?
Again, you're defending yourself from 100 damage and eating 70 instead.
Nobody here has mentioned how some of his "weaker" throws give absolutely GODLY oki that might actually be preferable than risking getting your throw broken.

Lastly, that's not an option select. That's just you always picking one path in a mixup.
An option select covers every option.

MBC does, on average, two chaingrab attempts every round in every deathmatch he does.
>are they successful?
Considering they are true mixups where people can literally only guess, hell yes. He also mixes up u+1+2 when he goes for a crouchdash throw so now there are THREE options instead of two.

An option select has never been defined as covering every option. It just reduces the possibilities.
>MBC hasnt been going to tournaments period.
He does in Korea. He just doesn't travel.
>GODLY oki
I assume you mean struggle combination. Yeah, I guess a guaranteed ali kick is alright.

>An option select has never been defined as covering every option. It just reduces the possibilities.
Wrong. An option select literally covers every option in a mixup, that's literally the point.
>I assume you mean struggle combination. Yeah, I guess a guaranteed ali kick is alright.
Many of his throws leave the opponent face down head towards where king can apply a free mid-low mixup, or a ground throw.

>An option select has never been defined as covering every option.
that... that's literally the whole point of them

Mashing 1+2 beats only one option, which is the 1+2 path of the chaingrab
Is crouch-guarding for the entire round an option select against Kazuya's wavedash mixups?

Oh man, and here I was thinking the tard collector had scared off all the idiots confident in their made up knowledge of the game

>An option select has never been defined as covering every option. It just reduces the possibilities.

Another one for the list.

Not him but it's true. Crouch tech was a very prominent os in SF4 but it didn't cover every option.

Does 1+2 cover more than one option?

>Many of his throws leave the opponent face down head towards where king can apply a free mid-low mixup, or a ground throw.
I actually don't think any of them leave the opponent FDHT. Some of them leave the opponent lying perpendicular to King which can guarantee an ali kick.

Yes, it covers king's bridge and rdc. Literally the two most popular chain throws king players use.

holy shit the backpedal is real

They're part of two different mixups you idiot.
Let's say I get grabbed by King with the 2-break starter ( Standing Heel Hold )
Which MULTIPLE OPTIONS does 1+2 beat?

Let's see how hard you grasp at straws for this one.

Not really. But it made me wonder if there's a good sequence of throw breaks that will cover all the high damage options. Like 1 break the first part, 1+2 break the second, 2 break the third and so on.

kys

>Not really
Then it's not an option select, it's a choice.
Like that other user said: if I duck the whole round against Kazuya that's not an option select, that's me making a choice in a multiple-choice mixup.

IIRC I think Boxer King or J King had a guide for maximising success against MMD.

>created by FIL-7
this cant be the same "fil" that haunts this general can it?

K y s f i l

kek so it is? why does he get shit on so much?
Im guessing he use to have a trip on or something?

>how the fuck are you dealing with snake edges?
I don't.

>Like 1 break the first part, 1+2 break the second, 2 break the third and so on.
Instead of having this retarded broscience shit, how about you learn the throws and see what option he has from each?

He could do that, or he could just learn the breaks for the throws that every green and yellow rank King uses.

FUCK I have this really annoying habit of getting my opponents life down to 'great' status and then choking somehow and losing. I could get bodied 3-0 and still had gotten so close each round. idk what it is, I know I'm not nervous and I'm pretty sure I'm not playing any differently

>that goalpost moving
What happens at low level doesnt mean shit, especially when the initial post that started this said "they dont work at high level"

Dragon Sleeper, RDC, Muscle Buster all leave FDHT I'm 100% sure of those. There might be more.
The others leave the opponent perpendicular to King

He can also voluntarily drop certain parts of mexican magma drive in favor of good oki iirc

Play keepout when you have the life-lead but dont just stand there eating mixups, remember that turtling ( in the sense that you're waiting for the opponent to do something and reacting to it ) is NOT a thing here.

To define an option select is a set input that will come out multiple ways depending on how the opponent goes about his actions, an option select is for example someone goes for a certain mixup after a move and either the low gets low parried or the mid option launched because of this one sequence of inputs. mashing the 1+2 break is not an option select.

That's a better definition of option select that I gave but yes, that's my point. You can't option select King's chaingrabs once they start.

They kind of don't work that well at high levels though. 90% of the reason is that they're so risky to attempt in neutral. You're really better off gaining frame advantage and buffering something instead.

He just avoided it lmao

I meant for it to be replied to that guy but yeah you're right. I really hate post timers.

my problem though is sort of my opponent doing the same thing, we just go back and forth a bit with some pokes while I'm at lead and either he hits me with a mix up or I whiff/get blocked and he punishes me. I know I could stand to learn more tools for my main, but I think its mostly mental, like I get impatient or react too slow but idk

They kind of do work well tho. Watch any MBC stream where he plays King against korean purple ranks.
>90% of the reason is that they're so risky to attempt in neutral
They're oki tools and and very scary at the wall thanks to the u+1+2 throw that MBC likes to mix in.
>you're really better off gaining frame advantage and buffering something instead.
So it gets visually broken? Are you retarded?

>talks about high level
>mentions standard throws done after frame advantage

holy shit this just keeps getting better

I dunno, I watched him in a few tournaments last year and he ate shit while attempting them fairly frequently.

youtube.com/watch?v=-C8XLT74vFA

He lands one successful chain throw here, and it's one of the weaker options.

Yeah it's the usual case of "costantly playing at 5000 backdashes away from each other" that every newcomer goes through.
Who is your character? You'll get better advice if we know that

There's nothing wrong with shortcuts that allow you to focus on more important stuff. It's the same thing as sidestepping a specific direction in a match-up because you read it in a guide.

>standard throws
What are you talking about? You are aware that King has GS, iSW and TS/TT, right?

The hell's that supposed to mean? Someone gets their hellsweep blocked at high level so it means it's a shit move?

The mere fact that he's going for them means he thinks they'll work. And imo I trust a high level korean player a bit more than some faggot on tekgen.

King

Honestly Think Tifa would've fit better than Noctis, but hey he is not bad either.

You are aware that GS and SW are both recognizeable thanks to the enlargened break window of T7 FR right?

You are aware that Tijuana Twister is a visible 2 break right?

You are aware that TS doesnt mean shit right?

>The mere fact that he's going for them means he thinks they'll work
More like it just means it's MBC playing. No other King player attempts chain throws like he does - even Majin, who's known for using every tool King has.

Do your best to stay at exactly 2 backdashes away. If you see something whiff use your judgement and decide if you're going to go for a hopkick or the certain f2,1 or b1,2 punish.
Once you get better you'll learn how to go into crouch from a korean backdash and do a FC df2 from there.
Aside from that, my tips are the usual tekken tips: learn how the game works. Learn your pokes ( for King is 1,2 1,2,1 df1 df2 d3 etc ) and learn how to apply them.

One guy the other day uploaded a video of him playing and people helped him out. You could do the same thing

I can use your same argument to show you how shitty it is.
There are tools that Majin uses that MBC doesn't. So that's just means it's Majin playing.

I've actually been attempting all of that, but the 1 thing I mess up most is the FC df2. I get a regular crouching 2 almost every time

>I get a regular crouching 2 almost every time
You're either fucking up the input or you're falling victim to the FC move bug.

It's really finicky but it's such a great move. It's a long range fast mid launcher that is hard to punish when spaced right.
I cant tell you much else about that other than practice it and learn when the game accepts your df2 input.

>tfw I really can't find matches
Bruvs maybe the game is kinda dying

It's time for an update.

You're not JDCR so you can't talk about the game.
Bryan vs Asuka is 10:0 matchup, 100% impossible because he lowcrushes her highs.
Paul is holding me back. By the way I can't do quarter circle motions.
The game is very poorly balanced at low levels.
Steve is shit.
Steve is top tier.
Raven can't open up turtles and can't do anything about pressure.
Kazuya's hellsweep tracks both sides.
Jin's RA is the worst in the game because it's high so it's a free launch.
df1,1 extensions are gimmicks because the second hit is high.
It's easy to RA through Claudio's hopkick: just look for when he jumps.
I'm Speedkicks.
Snake Edge doesn't launch, it knocks down and then you pick them up.
Qudans is dumb.
/tgg/ - teggen
Asuka is a defensive character, Kuma has the best hopkick in the game, and Feng has low damage output.
King's chaingrabs are option selectable, just mash the break for a single path.

Play Lili

>the FC move bug.
is this really a verified thing?
yeah it is, and I already memorized the combo from it as well. If I could execute it correctly, I know it'd give me that little edge I need to win more often

Hows your poking and fundies?

damn thats sick man

>is this really a verified thing?
Can't say for sure. It's been talked about on the TZ Steve discord a few times.

I'm actually not sure whether it is a bug or not. All I know is that, if you attempt a FC d/f+2 and your opponent inputs a high string, your FC d/f+2 will come out as a d+2 instead. You can test it yourself by recording King doing a couple of jabs, backdashing, crouching and inputting a FC d/f+2. If you then play it back and input a high string in his face, the bot will come out with a d+2.

It makes punishing some things really finnicky.

>being a gay furry fraud

I think they're generally okay for my level
one mistake I make often is double tapping (I may get the inputs wrong off the top of my head, hopefully you understand what I mean) 12 for that really fast punch that knocks down as my poke, but instead end up doing that super punishable dive instead. one is a tap and one is a double tap and I get them mixed up like shit
I experienced that in practice but assumed it was me mucking up the input.

why would I do that...

>12 for that really fast punch that knocks down as my poke
Hm? That notation cant be right. What punch that knocks down?

Are you talking about 1+2,1+2?