Gamescom '17 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=_6veBz299dw

AC7 Info:
pastebin.com/SWN1R7tj

AC:I:

AC:I closure on March 31st.
playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/08/ace-combat-infinity-will-closed-march-2018/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

In other news:
Project Wingman: rb-d2.tumblr.com/
Open Horizon: zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/
Razgriz Patch Guy: strangerealpatches.storenvy.com/
RPG Logs: pastebin.com/m7WgAifw
Old OP: pastebin.com/whkD5Wmh

Because it bears repeating:
>HD Collection never (ever).
>Don't let it die.
>Always catch that 3-wire.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/
youtube.com/watch?v=tVXpmmoWu-U
youtube.com/watch?v=fsipmUvDQnM
launchpad.net/~pcsx2-team/ archive/ubuntu/pcsx2-daily
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This Thursday the 15th at 7 PM EST.

Eternal best livery.

Threadly reminder to draw for the collage! Draw your planefu, put effort into it, and it will be added right in may take several months please understand
Absolutely ZERO skill required. Just enjoy yourself and do your best.

The only rules are:
>it must be black and white, no shading
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
Don't be afraid to ask for help. We'll always offer some advice if you need it.

Nice, thanks.

>1 am here
Looks like there won't be much sleep for the 16th.

:^)

>17 more days until the end of the month
Do we expect nothing from Bamco about AC7 until March?

>slavaboo headcanon

l m a o
m
a
o

So, what the hell is this
I could swear it used to be an F-16

>launch Secret Weapons over Normandy
>those twitchy and far to fast controls
>have to have slomo on almost constantly
I want to love this game for the pulpy story and overall feel, but this still makes it difficult to get back into it at all.
This game begs for AC controls.

It used to be an F-16, yeah. This looks almost like they mixed a Hornet with the Falcon
Perhaps they tried to avoid some licensing or whatever, wasn't there a new law just recently about that?
Or they just didn't care anymore.

switch the F-4 and the canard mirage.

Don't worry it's on the to do.

How common is it for a game of a niche franchise to get its release date a month before its release?

>always catch that 3 wire
Nice touch, I like it!

>missed the R-Type posting
Irem went under sometime after they released the second Tactics game. It might be the reason it remained a Japan exclusive.
iirc it was related to an earthquake damaging their assets.

>AC6 emulation report soon

Alright here's the updated collage, I switched some planes around and added that F-16. There were no other additions that I missed when I was away right?

>earthquake
That sucks

>AC6
Did you get it to somewhat run outside the menus?
Also do you still have the source for that AHL file?

>he posted the reminder for me
I am proud of you, buddy.
>emu is not ready yet
shame.
Also, did you make that R-101 in the background?

H y p e.
In b4 i dont manage to get any of them.

>AC6 on Xenia
The good:
>pre-rendered cutscenes at full speed
>voices and sfx playing normally
>subtitles working flawlessly
>menus working perfectly
The bad:
>no 3D graphics beyond occasional flickers (haven't seen any in hangar or in cutscenes)
>BGM mutes at short regular intervals, possibly combined with
>vector drawn elements (HUD lines, briefing map) are a flickering mess
None of the games I tested on Xenia (mostly shmups, tbqh) have completely broken graphics, so I think it's safe to say that it's just to Xenia being early into development.
>pape
It's from the MEGA.
>check about Irem
>after the 2011 earthquake they went full Konami
Damn, I hope that at least R-Type didn't go down the same way as Gradius. It'd be too ironic.
Regarding bankrupcy I might be confusing it with their cancelation of Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 after the 2011 earthquakes and tsunamis. But I recall reading they had serious financial trouble, probably due to cancelling that title (flagship, mind you) so late into development.
>spoiler
Look into Ziperto, the decrypted section. I'll check in a moment.

Continuing from the last thread, what's the order I should play the R-Type games? I think I'll like them a lot but I don't care about scores or 1 CC

Well that's better than crashing at least. I hope they get that thing into a good state in the near future.

>Gradius
What happened to it?

>Spoiler
Thanks, didn't know about that site. Do I use the CIA or the ROM? I'm stupid with newer Nintendo emulation.

I played a bit of Delta and then moved on to Final. Also a bit of Tactics, but that is a wholly different game.

I don't think it matters too much, they're all shmups. I can only speak for those three though. I didn't do much with the 16 bit ones.

Is the development of AC7 going smoothly like that of Delta Force : Angel Falls?

Look for it decrypted on Softcobra. Be advised that I don't recall if that was where I got mine.
R-Type, II (both arcade game), III (SNES), Delta (PSX), Final (PS2) are the basics.
There are spinoffs of sorts (the last two have their ships featured in Final) on arcade, R-Type Leo, Gallop / Cosmic Cop and Image Fight. Image Fight has a sequel on PC Engine. Other than Leo, their connection to R-Type is tenous, but they're fun.
The Tactics series (Command in the US) is a turn-based strategy series that was made as a revival of the series after Final, so you might prefer to play them after the rest to have some background.
Super R-Type for the SNES is modified R-Type II port.
>Gradius
Much like Konami, Irem went into the pachinko business. The last Gradius was a pachinko machine (for Silent Hill and Castlevania too, iirc). Fuck Konami. I just hope there isn't an R-Type pachinko disgracing the memory of the series.

>format
You need a decrypted .3ds file for Citra. When downloading, "Decrypted" is usually appeneded to the files.
.cia files are for whatever the 3DS flashcards are and won't run on Citra last I checked.

I suppose it doesn't need to be repeated, but currently the main Citra branches can't be used for ACAHL.
One needs to grab one of these builds:
>gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/
They implement experimental features as well as hacks so they aren't perfect, but for the time being they're serviceable.
There is also a requirement similar to a BIOS in the form of the NAND folder, which I recall being a major pain in the arse to find about a year ago.
Is there a way to contribute files to the MEGA to make them easier for buddies to find?

>It's from the MEGA.
Huh, I didn't see that one.

>the last game was a pachinko
That is not a good way to go. Especially not for something like the Viper.
On the topic of Gradius though, I played a bit of the collection on PSP ages ago, but to me pretty much all of them felt or looked the same in terms of levels and all. Or am I just misremembering?

Nevermind, I can't get through to the file anyway, that it just goes to ads and more ads. Thanks regardless.

Airship overhaul completed. New model along with the new mechanics. Might look a bit too futuristic though.

Looks neat. Kind of like a shark at the front.

>futuristic
Maybe change the nozzles to more conventional looking ones or to what you'd see on a large turbofan. I think that would help a lot. Maybe make the winglets a bit smaller and less like stabilizers.

Really launches my AMRAAMs. I love it, buddy.
>Might look a bit too futuristic though.
And?

>still no HD collection of the PS2 games announced
>emulation is still subpar
>still no significant news about Ace7
Fuck everything.

This game will definitely get to be released a lot earlier than AC7. Keep it up, buddy

Bamco loves their animu games way too much that they mostly neglect AC7. Not too surprising if they delay it again to 2019.
>Inb4 the cliche "a delayed game is better than a rushed one" line

There are recurring stages, such as the first stage from the original game, which is a stapple of the series, or the "star field" which was from the second stage, but otherwise there's some variety.
Gaiden was great in that regard.
I think the only issue are the nozzles looking like sci-fi spaceship thrusters. That bridge looks ferocious, I love it. If one of those pulled a cobra and tried to dogfight me, I'd believe it.
The intakes might be a bit too squared comparet to the rest of the airframe, though.

Looks incredible
>Heavy Command Cruiser-type mission when

What a thing to wake up several hours late to! Lovely work.

ALL HOPE FOR ACE COMBAT 7 IS LOST

Maybe I just didn't get far enough to see all that much.

Every stage intro/transition is a featureless "interstellar space" segment, and every game uses the same formations in the intro segment of their forst stage. It's good for when you have an upgrade plan in mind, but it does make them samey at first.
>star field
Second game, typo.

Yeah that might be it. I do recall one with suns and dragons though.

What have you done today, buddies?
Now that I think about it, how do you transfer shit from one PC to another?

Finished this for now and annoyed that the holidays are already over again.

>transfer
Use an external drive or something like Google Drive/Dropbox is what I did the few times I changed stuff.

Was just fucking about, it's actually pretty easy to get a cool papery-ish look!
It's gonna be awesome when you sit down to do it properly.

Nice. that works surprisingly well. What did you use for the texture?

Do you deliver to Ukraine?

Just a minimal hsv noise, then greyscaled it, then a 5 px radial blur.
Worked better than I expected actually.

If I forget I might ask you again once I get to colouring it.

Sure thing buddy, I look forward to seeing it

I'm sure he delivers to Russia

I'm sorry buddy

>A-10
>ugly
You take that the fuck back you little nigger

I deliver to anywhere I can address an envelope.

they could redo AC 3 and go fully anime kids doing anime kids jet stuff

Yeah, my dad told me he knew about pilot who bet on himself catching the 3-wire, and then he missed the wires completely and had to take back off and circle around again. All the other pilots roasted him constantly about it for the rest of the 6 month cruise. From what I've heard, catching the 3-wire consistently is one of the holiest tenants of naval aviation.

Kek
Any other story worth telling, buddy?

You can switch the controls to an AC layout, actually!

Well the "realistic" layout doesn't really help much given that the game is far to fast. That is my main complaint.
It's great otherwise, but the flying is just not that great for me.
Perhaps AC physics would've been a better description

I could tell the story of the time he almost got turned into mincemeat by an F-14 that crashed on landing and careened across the flight deck right at him.

Tell that shit buddy

Do it, if you feel like it.

>tfw airship crashed into the ocean

i wonder if project aces is seeing project wingman and thinking about pulling AC7 out from PC ... because they have such huge competition that is for free ...

>free
Pretty sure PW will cost money, there's a kickstarter incomming.

still cheaper than AC 7

Alright. His carrier was out in San Diego bay, and a nearby F-14 squadron was using it to practice landings to get their carrier qualifications. He was up on top cleaning off the radar radome on his CIWS mount, the location of which I've pointed out in pic related. The F-14s were coming and going a lot so he just tuned out everything else while he focused on his work. At some point, and for whatever reason, an F-14 fucked up its landing and slammed into the deck with a resounding crash, which got my dad's attention. He looked up just in time to see the F-14 wiping out a parking A-6 and careening straight towards him. He hopped off the top of the radome and squeezed into a little space underneath the CIWS mount for cover. The F-14 got to the edge of the flight deck, and by this point was probably sideways, as the left wing dipped down into the catwalk on the edge of the flight deck, and toppled up and over his CIWS and dropped into the ocean, spraying oil and fuel all over the mount in the process. Both pilots got out clean, but I think a few flight deck crew bit the dust.

WHERE'S MY FUCKING NEWS KONOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=tVXpmmoWu-U

This seems to be very similar, this makes me think he might've misremembered the planes involved.

who are the dudes on the right?

i wonder how quick the chinese are going to lose a whole carrier to shit like this. i don't think they are as going to be as well trained and experienced as the americans with accidents.

Well bugger me buddy
that wouldn't be a good way to bite it
Could something like the Coral Sea fire be more than they could handle?

There was also this: youtube.com/watch?v=fsipmUvDQnM

in the same time period, so possibly he conflated the two incidents.

Is there a way to ask him, maybe? Now I'm curious.

Sounds rough.

Bogeys

this guy in particular looks like an asshole

I asked him and showed him the vid and he says he must've just misremembered.

Hey buddies,
I was wondering if any of you could give me some insight into how to get rid of the buggy terrain textures when emulating AC5/Z in hardware mode on GNU/Linux. GSdOGL does not give an option to enable Mipmapping in HW. When running in software mode, the issue is not present but there is too much slowdown to be playable.

>mirror mode
I hope they all have a red wing

That version looks a bit old- the newer dev versions of PCSX2 support the hardware mipmap processing needed to have the terrain come out looking right. What's the most recent devbuild you can get on GNU/Linux?

You are using the old stable build
Get the pcsx2-daily, if you are using Ubuntu it's here: launchpad.net/~pcsx2-team/ archive/ubuntu/pcsx2-daily

There you should set mipmapping to at least Basic.

Well for now they're just a generic squadron, but sure.

Installed 1.5.0-git, still no option to enable Mipmapping in HW. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it.

It should be there.

Ah, I see now. I didn't select the right GSdx version. Now I feel stupid for missing something that simple. Thanks, buddy.

Ah I just assumed it was our evil twins.

How the FUCK did AC6's graphics age so well? I've been playing it over the weekend and it looks just as good as (if not better than) most modern AAA's

didn't they used the same engine for ACAH ?
i'm trying to get an Xbox360 to replay AC6 too.

No, the engine used in AH and AC:I looks noticeably worse. Not sure why they changed it.

Also funny how they abandoned that engine as well for Unreal. Hopefully they stick with this engine and we get a much better release schedule for the 2020's

Well using Unreal saves them the time of developing a new in-house engine. I've heard people complaining about them using an existing engine, but it looks to me like they've done a damn fine job with it so far.

Because ACAH had to work on PS3 and XBox 360 and PC. That probably meant little optimisation for either of the platforms. And since it was the only engine they had for PS3, they keep it around for Infinity

That's a good point.

Yeah it looks like it's going to play well. I'm interested to see how it's going to run in terms of porting (i.e. will I get it on PC or PS4)

the question is more, are they going to include the VR missions on PC or are they going to be PS4pro exclusive?

i mean it would be smarter to let the VR mission in for PC, since they are going to release the game on steam most likely...

i'm going to get the game for PC one way or another, because i'm not going to buy a PS4pro just for AC7

I'd be willing to bet it'll be a PS VR timed exclusive like they seem to be doing a lot of lately. The main reason I'm considering PS4 is the online communities for bamco games seem to last longer there. Maybe I'll end up buying it twice like a good fanboy

don't you think they let PC and PS4 people play together online ?
i mean that would be their smartest move, but sony might be angry on missing out on all the dosh they could make if they for PC gamers to get a playstation and pay for PSN too.

i have a friend who owns a PS4 so i'm good one way or another.

Crossplatform would be great