/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-wHb5_NBWmE&ab_channel=Phemeto
youtube.com/watch?v=bG2EVKP_zM0
youtube.com/watch?v=9fgLchPOc78
youtu.be/eXevuir5ht8
youtube.com/watch?v=oA5MuGs_im8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whomever is making these shit threads
use monster hunter related images
these last 2 threads have looked like fucking shit
either do it right or don't fucking do it at all

t. rest of us

what does this image have to do with monster hunter?

OH FUCK HERE COMES THE KUSHALA WIND ATTACK. WHATEVER AM I GOING TO DO?

Some retard trying to push catloli.

What's a good way to keep some red health for resentment?
I was thinking poison or small bombs..

Is nerg longsword or divine slasher with non-elem up better?

>can't decide whether to be heavy guard tank with HBG or buff/healer with SnS with Mushroomancer and wide range

Reminder that SpreadUP isn't worth on bows since you won't hit with all of the arrows on 90% of the monsters so you should get stamina surge instead

TRANSMOG WHEN

How many loadouts you guys have? I got 19

What's the best general purpose IG? Gama? Nergi?

Can I PLEASE get feedback on how to make a Status SnS build.
I'm going Para or Sleep, what essential stats do I need outside Para/Sleep Attack Charm III

Do I WANT Zorah 3 Set piece (Crit Status)?

Should I build basic melee stats?
(Crit Boost, Weakness Exploit, Attack, Agitator, etc)
Right now my set is

Attack Boost Lv7
Agitator Lv3
Weakness Exploit Lv3
Paralysis Attack L3
Critical Boost Lv2
Maximum Might Lv1

What can I do to make a better status set that isn't widerange/mushroomancer build, I don't want to do that. I want to deal decent damage but apply status for my allies.

MH doesn't have muh RPG classes you weeb trash

>Close Range Coating
>Keep doing dodge powershots
Not terribly difficult on some bosses, on others where you can hit wings that's also very straight forward.
Diablos

I got some serious complaints, first of all why can you only put one pet in your little house? I want like 50. Second why doesn't every meal have it's own animation? This sucks

I already made nergs, fuck off.

It's very easy to make it happen, what the he'll are you talking about. I'm wondering what to invest resources in.

Then why did you ask?
Move to a new room and you can place more pets, meal animations are lazy though.
MH doesn't have classes, stop trying to push a terrible meme.

I wanna try out some bow gameplay. What's a solid HR bow? Nerg like everything else?

This is a rude post!
This is not me who asked the initial question!

best way to get actually good decorations?

Just make Diablos for every weapon where it's available.

Why did no one of you faggots tell me how much fun Hunting Horn is?

Fuck off, go ask on reddit or gamefaqs.

Anja for Fire
Legiana for Ice
Kadachi for Thunder
Diablos for General Use

>Nerg like everything else
(lol
Go for diablos

Stamina surge allows for 20% more damage output since you'll recover your stamins 20%faster

refer to our lord and saviour Phemeto

youtube.com/watch?v=-wHb5_NBWmE&ab_channel=Phemeto

I'm 150+ hours in. Should I reroll a male because I can't stand the bikini armor on some of the sets?

Because World HH is the lowest HH has been since MHFU.
I mean couldn't you just do both? I was thinking of his Kirin kill and he lands all powershots on the head so spread up would definitely help.

>sperging over pictures on an imageboard
>thinks the threads have to "maintan" a certain image or otherwise the "community" will fall into ruin
I mean I'd prefer something mh-related as well but you really have to go to that other website if you are so bothered by pictures.

>Been a GS main with some DB on the side for ages
>decide i want to try GL
>everyone says dont shell
then why the fuck would I even GL if I shouldnt blast shit?

What armour and gems are you using? I'd like to replicate your set.

>new to MH
>Settled on being a hammerbro because spin2win
How fun is Hunting Horn?

Do you think huntresses that wield insect glaive ever use their bugs for lewd purposes?

In a perfect world where you have 100% uptime on attacks that is true, but more often than not you will not be attacking 100% of the time.

So for SA, what skills should i go for besides Attack Boost, WE and Evade Extender?

Also can someone explain what and how Affinity works? The diablos SA has -30 and i see alot of people using with it

Shelling isn't worth it on Nergigante's because it's Wide lvl 2.
Grab Pinkian or Zorah if you want to shell.

both normal, spread and stamina surge is impossible to have. If he favors stamina surge over spread up, while still using power shots it means that stamina surge is better apparently

Nah, wait for capcom to sell you character recreation.

I'm so glad they saved this theme for the only difficult hunts. Gives it more impact, especially considering the generic quest complete tune is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=bG2EVKP_zM0

>120 hours in
>Haven't even seen a small crown or gold crown monster

Why are they so rare in this game? I feel like the other games you would at least see like 5 or so just through normal story play

Affinity is Critical %, negative affinity means that X% of the time you do .75 damage. However since Weakness Exploit is a fuckload of Affinity just for hitting weakzones you can negate negative affinity easily.
I guess what I mean is you'd flip between Pierce Up/Spread Up/Normal Up depending on the fight with Stamina Surge being the constant. Obviously I'd take his word over mine though.

Affinity is "crit rate", a crit in monhun is at base a 25% damage boost. Negative affinity is essentially a chance to hit for 25% less damage. The raw on diablos weapons is enough to counter this overall damage reduction though.

Not him but maybe you should go to that other site if you're so bothered by other people talking about things they're bothered by because Veeky Forums of about complaining 24/7

refer to

they eat their nipples

What

youtube.com/watch?v=9fgLchPOc78
>it aint me starts playing

Call it a bias but I feel like Tempered monsters are more often crowns.

Malady's Tabar III

Dragonking Eyepatch A
Dober Mail
Nergigante Vambraces A
Nergigante Coil B
Nergigante Greaves A
Paralysis Charm III

Apothecary Mantle
Cleansing Booster

>hbg
>guard tank
Yeah user. You should definitely invest time into this. Make sure you farm lots of anjanath fangs and odogoron gems.

I made a zorah, just need to get it up to max rarity now, and to figure out what set works best with it.

Is nergi the most bullied monster in the series?

7Em4LsCjfCJw

PS4

Gonna be doing the Triple Threat event quest for a while to get some charms. Join the fun with the bandit mantle! Afterwards I'd be down for whatever.

Which horns besides Bazel are worth making?

Fuck off, idiot.

Probably Teostra for Blast Attack/Weakness Exploit double coverage and then Artillery 3 Charm/Guard 3 Charm and do the opposite stat.
Then just kind of go from there.

This guy is being a pain in my ass but I want his armor

Bleh, so what? I'm having fun and the monsters are dying.

pretty fun. Smack them in the face while dooting and thus KOing them

Please don't

Wow rude

I'm not saying you should have less fun it's just sad as someone who's played HH for a long time to see how shitty it is now. There's a reason why it's a very low % played and nobody is really going out of their way to recommend it. Although memehunter just did a video about HH so I bet it'll spike a little.

All the good music is hidden beyond the shitter/casual filters.
>Rotten Vale battle theme
>Private Suite music
>all of the Elder dragon themes (except Xeno) and their victory themes

>hunting on less than max health
Why do this? Max potions are cheap and easy to make. Do you just like a self-imposed challenge?

When will they replace Lavasioth?

YAMEROOOOOO

HH is fun because hits feel very satisfying, even though the moveset is relatively slow they still chunk.

You do more exhaust damage than KO compared to hammer, but you can get both done in one fight if you're good enough.

Recital damage bursts are both fun and if you're right in the monster's face and encore properly, you can dodge a counterattack, stun them, or just pop off more damage while double-buffing.

For people complaining about low dmg it's true. But with proper build you can get good times.

youtu.be/eXevuir5ht8

These types of speedruns usually have affinity boosters and all the buffs. This person doesn't use outside items either, only the attack boost song from the horn.

I enjoyed Status LBG in MH4U, what weapon offers a similar playstyle in MHW?

>We got Lavasioth instead of Agnaktor
>We got Mudsioth instead of Mud Gobul/Nibelsnarf
Imagine Nibelsnarf's military armor with the new versions of bowguns.

What do you mean?

JUST FUCKING END IT

memehunter...? Oh... gaijin faggot.

I mean, that's fair, I'm also not gonna play it all the time, justto pass time a bit and have fun dooting monsters to death

That's quite the reddit spacing

youtube.com/watch?v=oA5MuGs_im8

best proof of a hero coming through

Where's the punchline?

I've got this Nerg investigation that offers a bronze, silver and gold reward. Five attempts. Any people down? 6NPaDJn6dZer

You are fighting with 100 health instead of 150. I guess if you're low rank it doesn't matter but otherwise its just dumb.

Is HR odogaron gem just really rare or something or do I have to specific missions/investigations

3U or 4U?
Why?

Should I ask before I capture monsters online? I've just hit HR and I'm capturing everything when I starts limping. Generally people say thanks but I don't know if there is an etiquette for it.

Anyone know? Should I ask reddit?

4d6NEve3QX8N
Got 4 tempered rathalos investigations im gonna do, also so i can get the weekly investigations done, anyone else want in?

what hr do i have to be to join?

Why is black blos so angry? Managed to take her down in an exped but she has zero chill.

3U

underwater hunts

She is in heat

Boy I sure love slinger ammo being prioritized over monster materials and body/tail carving.

For the Diablos weapon line,m should I augment attack or affinity or is it a weapon by weapon basis?
For example I'm using the diablos hammer do I want more RAW or more AFF

>Be big beautiful female diablos looking for thicc blos dick
>Annoying fucking hunters keep pelting you with rocks
>REEEEEEE HUNTERS GO HOME

Capture every time.It yields better rewards and it ends the quest faster.

She wants dick. Pic related is her.

You mean that I'm not fully healed? Do you usually heal after every hit in this game? I'm on the kind of mentality that I'll only heal if I'll benefit completely from the healing, as to not waste resources.
Also that was expedition so I was on the clock and already had the message "monster leaving area soon" etc.

counter some of the affinity loss and go for attack, but you always want WE

Do you not know what Max Potions/Mega Nutrients do?

All of the subspecies move a little faster and are pretty much constantly enraged.

I usually ask once I get to the monster but nobody ever replies. I try to wait for the leader to decide but someone usually just taps the monster awake

Slinger ammo comes from damage on a monster. Not broken parts, or tail pieces.

>not breaking parts or cutting off tail

So go both?
I already have WELv3