/simg/ Simulation Games General

Why do I bother making new threads Edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C/NTTR and modules released AFTER those from steam(released after 12th May 2017), because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
Your pain setting up controls is over
i.imgur.com/R5bNpo7.png
i.imgur.com/l68Wzlm.png
i.imgur.com/ylhQnWD.png

>Falcon 4, BMS, SF2, real-life flight manuals and field manuals.
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Combat Mission
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_EORI0IfdGo
youtube.com/watch?v=KwfYNjXkfXE
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153020
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHO LET IT DIE

2nd for sorties

We all did, user.

>gently tap An-26 with my wing for the lols
>he explodes into literal confetti

youtube.com/watch?v=_EORI0IfdGo
upvote me please subscribe :^)

Whats he thinking?

Who knows what goes on inside the mind of an An-26 pilot

Fuck that's a good pic

dead already?

Has the harrier really not had any updates for two months?

>release module
>abandon it and move onto next project
>the RAZBAM way™
They're working on the MiG-19 now

That's more buttons and switches than I'd know what to do with

>only 1 throttle

That looks like it's made for single engine prop fighters

It looks like a complex single engine tailwheel control set up to me

That's the WW2 variant.
The Mig variant is this

This would actually be really useful if you play IL2.

I'm flying this bullshit tonight. I have a paper to write, and I need something going in the background. Honolulu to San Francisco.
>2048nm great circle
>8:25 ETE
>33,750lbs of AVGAS loaded
>70 PAX and 13,000lbs of cargo.
Lets do it.

sorry, 2084nm

youtube.com/watch?v=KwfYNjXkfXE
why can't dcs have atc coms like this

up

So I played the F-5 Hercules mission again. It was already dark as fuck in 1.5 since the mission starts at 4:55 AM, but in 2.5 it's pitch fucking black

This was the view out of the cockpit when looking at the ground throughout the whole flight. Why doesn't 2.5 use prebaked lighting like 1.5 did? Sure it didn't look super pretty but at least you could tell you were flying above a city

So anyway, first bit of the mission was simple: just fly along a 250 deg course from the Senaki-Kolkhi TACAN beacon for about 80 nm

its deferred shading that fucks night

I was told not to use radar and to rely purely on AWACS guidance, but I still turned it on briefly to make it easier to locate the target. Fired both missiles at it as soon as I got a missile lock tone even though I had no visual

I feel like this mission was basically designed as practice for flying at night while relying on instruments rather than focusing on the combat part. I spent most of the flight just looking at the artificial horizon

there is literally not a single thing they cant fuck up

hope you at least got good fps while looking at nothing

Looking at the Tacview track I'd say I did an okay job of finding and following the Hercules; the previous time I tried this mission I started mixing up info from the awacs and flying all over the place before I finally managed to find the plane and the first time I played it I flew all the way to Russian airspace and got fucked by SAMs

why are you shooting down a hercules?

After a ~80 nm trip back home and finding the airport 100% thanks to TACAN (since the lights were totally invisible from altitude) I landed 37 minutes after taking off. Not my best landing but it's mission accomplished and I'm very much not dead so hey

I only get serious frame drops when flying very close to areas with lots of trees and sometimes when there's lots of planes on screen, otherwise it's fine

Because reasons.

>that mission description
How can anyone take these campaigns seriously holy fuck

interesting, who do you think will rescue the downed pilots?

They were shot down at night in the middle of the sea, I don't think they're gonna make it home alive

anyone tried these?
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153020

I should make campaigns for DCS, I bet my campaigns would be more convincing than the official ones.

Meanwhile Belsimtek products are 99% prefect the day it comes out

It's been a while since I tried this

Feels good, doesn't it?
now do it with the F-5E several times before they fix it

M E T H O D O F L O V E

good god what is that abomination?

AAAAAAAAAAAA

Hows the flight going m8

kek

>stratocruiser
>not the constellation

baka desu senpai

If you've ever actually flown a plane at night, this is more realistic than 1.5 by far. You can't see dick and all, though you can see lights a bit better than in DCS.

Every fucking game I play and I get the opportunity to create, I go big. I always go big,
and then the game can't keep up, so my big dumb idea is always ruined in the end. Yet,
I keep torturing myself like this.

pic related..
ignore the aircraft time... for some reason that's wrong. All panel clocks say it's about 2:34am "local time"
This is Pan Am flight 6, departed at 21:00 Honolulu time, due in to San Francisco at 7:45 Pacific time.
>not owning and flying both
>plus the PMDG DC-6B
>plus a shit ton of freeware props
lol casuals...

GOD DAMN IT, WOULD HELP TO POST THE ACTUAL FUCKING PIC

Also, I've written like 3 whole lines of this damn paper. Been step climbing like a bitch for the last 3 hours.

I just wanna fly a super connie

an incredibly subtle detail, that I wouldn't have seen had I not been flying this thing for almost 5 hours.
That pocket watch sitting on the navigator's desk isn't just a texture added for atmosphere. That's actually a gauge. The hands are indicating the correct time.. the same as the other 4 clocks built into the aircraft panels.

That's fantastic.

disliked, no german planes

I think I figured out where they fucked up the lights. The light source is inside the texture, which is not actually transparent, therefore the game appears to only be rendering the bloom from the light and not the actual light texture glowing. Can their engine not handle emission shaders or is this just some sort of oversight in 2.5?

>Bought the Mil-8 in the sales
Pretty pleased with the purchase. Feels nice and comfy with the other crew disabled

That does look like it'll be a nice bit of hit to use.

almost there, gas is getting tight

Can you make it user?

>DimSimRacing handbrake stuck in Moskva post office
also hello everyone, I'm new here, plz no bully.

Just finished the 12th mission of Georgian hammer campaign in A10C, will post AAR tomorrow.

Hi

I've been out of flight sims for a while. Has anyone flown the Harrier in DCS. Any good?

I have not, but from everything I have seen and read on it its missing 80% of its features, probably best to wait

I've just seen the list of missing features on the ED forums. Surprised they've been allowed to release it in EA given how extensive it is

How's the SA342M Gazelle module in DCS? Good place to start flying choppers?

Haven't flown the Gazelle but can attest to the KA50 being very forgiving and the Huey being next to impossible to fly

I'm thinking if the Gazelle has autostab like the KA50 then it'll be not horrendous to control

Yeah, I have about 1h10m of gas.. looks like I'll land with using the reserve
Learned a lot about this thing

haven't flown the gazelle in a long time I remember the FM being pretty shitty,(hover upside down that sort of BS) apparently its been updated but I haven't tried, every other heli has a very well done FM, quite possibly the best in any commercial sim.

Yes I know night is dark and you can't see anything when cruising at 12 km but I've been in enough planes at night time to know that city lights are way brighter than this when you're flying this close to the ground, and airports are fully lit so that you can actually something other than the small runway lights

>Ka-50
Okay, I'll consider using it to pop my cherry then.

I guess they forgot the run a baked lighting pass?

The sycophancy towards Wags and ED from the community is nothing short of amazing

this damn thing takes way too much work.. I could barely write...I'm going to bed

Is Wags an actual dev or just a sort of PR guy?

Did you really think you could write a fucking paper while flying a plane

And did you really just spend 11 real life hours flying? You fucking madman

Reminds me of that bloke who played a game of Silent hunter 3 in real time. 8 day patrol or something like that

I used work in a remote town with a few people in the aviation industry in company housing; the guys in the next flat to mine were good to drink with, but one was pretty no-BS whereas the other was a full blown aerosexual. So the aerosexual would do big long navs in MSFS, setting up a 737 on a five hour flight, get it in the cruise, walk out of his room to take a piss. You could be mid-sentence in conversation with his flatmate, when he'd suddenly leap up, streak down the hallway, autopilot off and crash the 737, then back on the couch before old mate was done in the toilet - who you'd then hear second later yelling "Oh fuck you!"

When you request azimuth from ATC and he gives you a bearing, is that the course you have to follow to arrive at that airfield from your current position?

I believe so. ATCs are fixed observers so can give bearings based on their position. This is opposed to AWACS, which usually give bearings based on a fixed point. i.e. Bullseye

bullseye is used because IF your comms are broken, they will still require knowledge of bullseye location

that would make a cool module and I'd buy it

Is Opsec the only reason?

I dunno. I honestly believe it provides better SA as well since a BRAA call only applies to 1 guy, while a BE provides it to all.

Gazelle has a bunch of issues like the engine sound getting stuck after crashing and you have to restart the game to fix it, there are massive repeating tiles of scratches on the glass textures, the backlights are flickering and not even in a cool way, making it completly unusable unless the sun is aligned perfectly with your mission, 2.5 broke the flir. Some of these issues have been there since release, others appeared a few months ago...
None of these issues are getting fixed either because the dev claims he cant recreate them or they say its realistic.
Dont buy it.

ka50 is decent but textures arent up for 2.5 yet and i wouldnt be surprised if they pulled a "lol buy ka50 3.0, up to 50% bonus allowed if you had the old xaxaxa"

mi8 is my favorite, huey is ok too. Havent had any huge issues with either of those.

I'm considering buying either X55 or Thrustmaster Warthog. I'm probably gonna be too casual to learn to fly A-10 in DCS, so my main game will be Elite Dangerous (in VR).
Is buying Thrustmaster Warthog with pedals for Elite Dangerous retarded, or are the A10 DCS modules well enough a retard like me should be able to get into them if he's willing to learn, read manuals and pour some good old fashioned time into it?

>too casual to learn to fly A-10
It really isnt that hard.
It took me about an hour to learn it and most of that time i was waiting for the slow ass tutorial voice.

playing ed is retarded, fuck frontier desu

All you really really need to learn the A-10C is patience, and even then you can easily skip around and just learn the fun stuff.

Okay, then I'll get the Warthog and some A-10 modules for DCS to start things up.

A cursory look suggests the X56 is hot garbage. Poor support, crappy build quality etc.
I've heard high praise for the build quality of the Warthog, except for the internals, which can sometimes shit the bed.

The A-10 is fairly easy to learn. You'll have to startup down quickly and then it's learning the various states for employment of the weapons. It's a forgiving jet to fly

The A-10C has in-game interactive tutorials senpai.

Seriously consider getting a CH HOTAS setup while at it. They have a pretty solid track record when it comes to build quality, durability and tech support if you ever need it.

Buying a HOTAS Warthog for E:D would be a waste in my opinion. That money could be better spent elsewhere. I'd recommend reading the planefag pastebin while at it too.

I've got some Thrustmaster products, I think they're mostly okay, some people have troubles, but their customer support is good. I guess I have no troubles getting the Warthog from them, people downright call X5x series shit, and that they break down eventually.
I'll be pretty much forced to get the pedals and something like a WheelStandPro, but I guess it's all for the best

don't die

or else what