/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sIkHWzT5Iv4
>Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VueiR2a_lDY
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=q5718bfxM3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Law is the RAD path. I hope everybody is having fun at Messian Sunday school.

DDS sucks.

Gun

first for fuck videogames

Who needs sex when I have my jrps?

I prefer single player games, thanks.

I have. I prefer sex to be honest.

play dx2

>having sex
>when I could play SMT

DeSu has some pretty good girls, desu.

>
>DeSu 2
>Doing the social links better
That's a bold claim, my nigga.

I mean, the only time it matters is in regards to Io's potential death. And still, everyone else will side with their respective choice of alignment while pointedly ignoring their character development when it is conviently for the plot (looking at you, Makoto and Ronaldo)

Playing smt feels like having sex

I can never look at Io in this picture without thinking she has a smug evil grin

>pick Bonds route like a chump
>demons stop listening because of Dagda
>except Matador, who listened every time
man what a bro

Yasuda is not that bad of an artist,
he's good at gesture and sometimes expression.

shouldn't have been an edgy cunt the whole game if you didn't plan to follow through with it

I don't see it.

Why are Fiends so fucking good?

>Yasuda is not that bad of an artist

With some its clear they are meant to be done at later points than sooner.

But yeah that still does not justify the frustration. Hell Ronaldos even worse towards Alcor where the onky excuse he has for attaking him is "muh Reason" and then rightfully gets blown to bits. At least Yamato has a reason to attemot a suicide attack and a smarter one too.

>tfw you see a booblet

reminds me of this

I want to believe you, but your pic has fucked up anatomy. More than usual manga standards.

This makes me feel uncomfortable.

As long as you did it cause you hate Dagda its fine. Friends make good meat shields after all!

Nah, that just normally happens as Dagda was what allowed you to control demons.
>good designs
>great theme, at least for the ones that are skeletons
>no bias, just some skeletons that like killing shit
They're just bros.

right I thought you meant the other thing, with Dagda wiping your whole demon stock if you're an asshole the whole game but go bonds at the last minute

Why is Shaytan so important in the new remake anyways? Did I miss sonething? He even gets his own OP skill.

Well, his attitude towards Alcor doesn't have much to do with his FATE (as retarded as it is). I meant shit like the tactically sound decision to murder the only member of the opposing team NOT disregarding your philosophy.

Or how Makoto 's all about trying to think stop putting misfelt loyalty over doing the right thing, only to become Yamatos fangirl all over again.

I wish the SJ crew members got more art, I came to really like them honestly.

>Dagda had become a Fiend in all but name before the story.
>Seeks to usher in the apocalypse for a new world.
>Walking on a sea of corpses and souls.

>Twisted Tokyo under complete Fiend control become an edgy throne made of the skeletons of everyone they killed as they initiated the Apocalypse.
>Bo Messiahs to save them from maximum edge.

>He even gets his own OP skill.
What does it do?

is there a comprehensive comparison between the DS games and their 3DS ports?

>Luster Soul
>+4 attack, defense, agility/accuracy to all allies

I DONT WANNA TRY TO FIGHT THIS LOOOOOOVE

Yeah and it's fucking stupid.

Dagda in his actual lore was more like a party dad that went around trying to fuck as many goddesses as possible. Why they made him an edgelord is stupid.

more content and english dub, that's really it.

Nothing the DS has over the 3DS versions, unless you're one of those turbo autists who despise dubs even though you can turn them off

He was working with Amon till Alex killed him and then Alex eventually came after him when she grinded enough after alignment lock. Then became her transformed boss fight minion.

Because Ronaldo is sn irrational isiot, which still ties into his Fate where he acts on his emotions saying this is good rather than thinking it out. He Advocates eternal war for a reason in RB.

Yamato on the other hand was suffering a breakdown seeing Bunny choose Al over him.

Does anyone know who the crew member in the very bottom right corner is? I recognize everyone but him.

Also that Anthony is great.

Nobody said his anatomy is good, he just has a good 'flowing' or 'springy' look to his art.
Though Soejima essentially does the same thing, and does it better.
In fact, he does everything better than Yasuda.

So basically Infinite Power? That's just broken.

Soejima doesn't do big tits very well.

Apparently related to his mythology topic comment concerning Brigid becoming a Saint and Oawn of YHVH.

Then he went to the underworld and just became an edgelord surrounded by death and wallowing in despair. He's more obviously miserable in Japanese if I recall right.

Soejima can actually draw at least. He inherited Kaneko's fucked up necks but he knows how to design and raw characters at least. Yasuda literally only gets away because tits.

Why do these exist?

If Danu was my mom I think a cycle of becoming edgy is inevitable. Especially when she'll make an excuse to replace you the moment you don't do what she wants.

because they're funny

if there's more someone please post them

Why do you ask?

Because people noticed the resemblance years ago between Junpei and Jimenez despite artstyles.

>look it up
>it's actually a real thing
why

Would I be missing anything major if I cheaped out and got the DS versions? Does the same apply to P4 Golden?

>when she'll make an excuse to replace you the moment you don't do what she wants.

I dunno, attempting a scheme to eradicate every being in the universe sounds like a reasonable "excuse"

>sex
typical son of man behavior, choosing the temporary apish desires approved by the society over seeking his personal fulfillment.

also holy shit, is recaptcha 2 shitty. 10 verifications in a row to finally pass it. fuck this shit, give me old one back.

They have a pretty big postgame, I recommend getting the 3ds versions unless you absolutely can't, they genuinely added quite a lot to them.

As if luster candy wasn't strong enough.
At the very least, it probably has really MP cost.

And then there is a fourth version of Jimenez Iori in the previous thread.

8th days for half the routes in 1, an entire second story campaign for 2, and new skills and demons throughout both, notably making phys users not terrible

just get the 3DS ones, emulate them if you have to, don't settle for the DS ones

And then she makes one that is exactly the same but his mommy issues make him suck her wood cock while thinking about killing everyone.

No wonder Dagda was disgusted.

Assuming the buff/debuff trick it still in then it's actually useless and luster candy is better in the long run.

>literal fatman
>design is a skeleton

New universes are a cycle of existence. She just needs to get over it. The Conception, Cosmic Egg, etc. even the current universe of IVA became YHVHs because he dominated them the last time.

No wonder Quetzacoatl says praise the sun. She's Gwyn except not badass.

Does the same apply to Strange Journey?

Doesn't Dagda talk about this individuality shit to Nanashi? Even though both of them are pretty much reliant on each other? Especially Nanashi to Dadga for being revived and also his power?

Dadga's dialogue about that sort of stuff really made me cringe.

no idea it's not out in english yet and won't be until May

if you haven't played it yet and want to now I wouldn't wait honestly

I want Atlus to let Doi make good designs as he pleases. Catering to otakus is going to destroy SMT.

Dagda lets him make his choices most of the time. He doesn't pretend he's not like the other Gods, but he wants his puppet to be more than a puppet and even Krishna thinks its creepy.

That final battle in the Cosmic Egg is a good example. He instantly kills you early on if you try to let the Powers take you at Honwanji, but then decides to give him a chance when the time to choose comes even when he whines about it.

Dagda is a living, walking paradox.

I would say it's not quite as major and even then DSJ added elements that some fans are mixed anyway leaving some mixed feelings on it. With the DeSu games though they aren't remakea and basically just ports with content, they are genuinely just straight up better.

I honestly like loli Demeter because she'll instantly deceive everyone who doesn't know. She even revived Space Marine after the first encounter with Alex turned him into dead hamburger.

Anyone here own the DDS1 deluxe box? Is it worth it for $60?

I'm a sucker for collector's editions with series I like but the standard version is only $25 I believe. I'm willing to spend the $60 or so but just wondering if it's actually cool.

I still hate it. It goes against her lore, makes no sense in the context of the story, and overall just feels like "dude power little girl troupe lmao".

It's just a box...nothing else really

I had heard it comes with a concept bpok but okay I guess, I guess I'll just buy a standard version.

DDS is the shit. Also, I love the way the two box covers look when you put them side by side

I honestly think its fine regardless for DSJ at least. It'd be a problem if it appeared in other games. Sometimes, and Atlus has always done it, a design can be done differently to fit a specific role in a game.

Ignoring Liberation cause it'll likely even get Queen Frost at some point.

The DDS designs are the perfect example of this.

They were made solely to fit the world of DDS and outside it they'd be wildly different as Biological Tokusentai demons as was Kanekos intent.

>tfw doi is actually worthy of being kaneko's successor, having made great demon designs like sukuna-hikona, andramelech, anahita and pic related, but modern atlus staff holds him back
it hurts

Poor Dagda had to go through an extensive diet to please Atlus art direction team

fucking unrealistic standards of male beauty

If you saw last thread I just finished IV:A and want to move on to a, hopefully better, SMT game now.

I was sort of put off by not being to make my own party and negotiation being gone but /smtg/ has made me more open to looking into them. I was thinking of ordering the box set online but I have a used games store by my house, I'll just go see if they have a copy tomorrow I guess.
I feel like Doi can do good when he wants, Krishna, Adramelech, and Shekinah are great designs, but he is held back a bit by higher ups and sort of the wrong idea in some cases like Odin and Maitreya. The thing is that Kaneko's philosophy of demon design isn't exclusive to him, it just seems like no one understands it.

can you guys fuck already

Hey, you. Yes, you!

What MegaTen game are you playing?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=q5718bfxM3A

Your anger makes it funnier

Maya think she slick...she dabbin!

What is this, a big sis for ants?

that thing that baffles me the most about that design is that it is indeed a nice design, but at the same time that's how he appears after breaking out of his seal after millions of years.
am i supposed to believe he just wore super modern clothes since ancient times? i feel like the people working on the game couldn't get their shit together.

>you will never slay bobo
Why live?

P3FES The Answer, P1, Kyuuyaki Megami Tensei, Raidou 1 and Soul Hackers

that's not the right sword
samurai can't get anything right

I don't have a bigger version. Please be sure to post only the highest quality SMT/Megaten dabbing pictures you can for the sake of others, please

So we're posting self-made autism now? Fine by me.

Didn't Demeter ranked high in the demon popularity poll they did for DEEP? I wouldn't count on getting rid of her so easily would't be surprised if she popped up on DX2

You're definitely right, from a story perspective that design makes no sense. Honestly I try to just ignore that detail, not like IV:A has good and consistent writing in the first place.

I do hope he returns though, it really is a nice design. Also i don't know about you guys but whoever voiced him needs a fucking raise. I want whoever that was to come back if he ever comes back, him and Dagda's voice acting was fucking great.