/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Bring back Redhelm girls! edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OLax-NenP8
youtube.com/watch?v=XhMCE1t04N4
youtube.com/watch?v=HFjvFxrdkbM
youtube.com/watch?v=lwLoK1X59Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_aT4T89aU
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA
youtu.be/P0JO3KODLLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes please

Take care of your Paleecos

>tfw no Narga girls

Does non-elemental boost increase status weapon damage too or only completely raw?

Can you knock people out of their rare carve animation? Like if you see their character start getting all excited can you upswing them so they don't get the item?

Bring back catlolis

>premaking and posting your new thread as soon as the old one hits 750 posts

pretty autistic sorry op

COME FUCK UP THE WHITE WINDS WITH US
ONE SLOT OPEN
3CZD6Pn4BTkG

The items you get from a carve are static aren't they?
Unless you triplock the dude he's still getting his rare carve

Barroth GL with augments vs Nergi GL go.
only raw.

Why do they specify bowguns as having no element
Are they planning something?

>Spend days farming Vaal gem for Hammer
>Go clear some unfinished optionals with it
>"Man this Rath tail just won't come off, huh?"
>mfw
I need sleep

Monsters aren't girls and they wouldn't even want to hold you hand if they were.

holy FUCK to the user that told me about the nerg track exploit a few threads back thank you so much

i've got a whole page of 4/5 purple reward tempered elders after spending like four hours doing it, this will keep me going for ages

bring back lolicats

To be fair it is an axe

Because technically the guns don’t have an element. The bullets do.

Tell me about it

Drop your fucking tail kush

are tempered monster investigations worth doing if you have tempered elders?

"What can i help you with?"

>The items you get from a carve are static aren't they?

I'm not sure where that info is coming from, but even if it's true the item prompt doesn't appear until the very end of that animation. Seems like it would be easy to keep interrupting something that takes 4 seconds even if it was static

Canteen is looking beautiful

ded

no

found the faggot

Nobody's going to your thread, faggot.

Weapon categories should have both Impact and Cutting weapons, it'd be a neat way to introduce more weapon variety
>Hammers that can cut tails
>GSs that are just massive clubs that have shit sharpness but can KO

That's obvious, which is why it's weird that they specify it

yes

why do hang the fruits and stuff so high. it must be a pain to get down

Barroth might be the best GS with full augments, due to it having the highest attack and being buffed by non-elemental. Dunno though.

Maybe

Why the fuck do we need a separate thread for World?

Not if you're a buff-ass cat

>Switchaxe that defies all logic and becomes a hammer in sword mode because it was stored in hammerspace

meowscular cat brings them down with his massive felyne dick

You're not a shitter right user?

>tfw sliding back and forth and firing arrows into a monsters face when it whiffs
Bow is F U N

reeeee

kek

Palicos are Hunters too

where do they even keep that thing

post elder dragon slaying music

youtube.com/watch?v=3OLax-NenP8
youtube.com/watch?v=XhMCE1t04N4
youtube.com/watch?v=HFjvFxrdkbM

i dont know

Please share

They are your fearless sidekicks.

Post guild cards

Fuck.

Off.

>Slaying the second Bazel on the Double Tempered as it goes in to divebomb triple cart the shitter squad i joined with a full charge DP

Best longsword builds?

>mfw my palico got the killing blow on XJ with his little boomerang

>self-trained post rider

Jesus Christ.

>trying to get in a temp elder hunt
>filled up in a nano second
H-hayai!

>nerg lance is, by a considerable distance, the best lance in the game

Not even elemental lances with a 3-weak advantage outdamage it (case in point odogaron, who takes more damage from nerg lance than legiana lance despite having a 3* ice weakness and having a dragon resistance/immunity), so the usual "make a weapon for every enemy" stance literally doesn't apply. The only way a lance could outdamage it would be odogaron with crit boost 3 to abuse that white sharpness and stack it with the crit multiplier, but that requires a gimped build. Barroth lance actually outdamages it by 5 raw points due to the extra augment slot, but you have 20% negative affinity to account for which drags your average damage below nerg (although it does have a big deco slot so MAYBE it can be minmaxed to beat it).

Pretty disappointing considering how fairly competive other weapon classes are. I hope the jho lance is as good as this at least.

Our boy Glavenus needs to come back soon. We're missing good brutes.

MG;RR
youtube.com/watch?v=lwLoK1X59Ro

Nier Automata
youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_aT4T89aU

Wind is Pushing Me
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

anyone have a ps4 room to hunt temp elders? i'm getting kinda bored doing these alone.

Need advice on that myself, most people seem to run full affinity then hopefully deco in atk stuff.

Literally exhaust phial SAs.

sosig

>not using Elder Babel anyway because aesthetic

Shitter detected.

Having a hammer with slash damage alone will prevent me from ever touching another weapon again.

That's a big sausage

Kirin is way better against monsters weak to thunder though
same for Rath for those weak to Fire

>Jesus Christ

First of all Hunter, I've been an atheist since birth. However, your "special book" tells you that you weren't born a Christian because a mythical lady ate some fruit. Haha, stupid creationist piece of shit. Don't you know that I'm a certified zoologist at the Columbus Community College. HA! I pity those like your are stupid enough to believe in some fake super natural entity. Let me tell you something fucko, your religion is terrible and dangerous, your symbol is the object that your dear leader was crucified on. Before you say something like, "You have to read the whole Bible first". Well, for your information I've read the first two pages and I didn't need to read 1,200 pages to know that your bullshit Religion is evil. Your God also falsely claims that I'm not allowed to touch myself at night. Guess what fucker? I'll jerk off to underage anime girls all night and clean the hot, sticky semen with my long ass beard which stems from my neck. It's probably even longer than that of Jesus; who didn't even exist. And I bet you my whole fedora collection that my IQ will always be hire than yours. Come back when you're not an evil person, creationist retard.

Rookie to the series here.
Back in LR I was playing around with a poison LS for a bit and never had trouble getting a few poisons in per fight with nothing augmenting it.
I hit HR the other day and I'm trying out a poison DB with three ranks in poison attack and I simply can't poison shit.
Should poison just be forgotten at HR, or are DB just not good weapons to poison with?

I've got a stone to improve a rarity 8 lance/gunlance. Never used either before. Which one is worth making and improving? Or are none worth doing so?

Fur you

Remember to always thank your slinger!

I just got a non-elemental gem so I'm considering using elder babel, the free 10% attack might make it better for anything not weak to dragon.

If you believe there isn't a god when we live in an age with MonHun on best sellers lists in the west you're deluded.

am i edgy now?

Are you playing online? As soon as another hunter is added to your game enemy resistances fucking skyrocket. You'll be lucky if you can inflict a status twice a fight even if you run with maxed status up for that status.

>You can actually make Xeno a lot shorter if you save the bomb pods it gives you to make it crash down when it flies

HOW DO I GET THIS BACKGROUND

He looks like he's going on a long spiritual journey looking for his chin.

>that missing chin
a fan of MHXX, i see

anybody want to farm arena with me for coin and fun?

Beat the thing pictured in it.

KILL THE ALIEN

uhhh beat xeno jeebus?

I was in on-line mode but I was the only one in the game. Didn't shoot up a flare or anything like that.

3CZD6Pn4BTkG

White Winds farming, 1 slot open

I noticed that element matchups beat out Nergigante, Thunderspear works with 5/5 Thunder Attack and hits 690 Thunder.

Not him, but I think it is
>Find a 30/50min tempered nerg
>Start it and afk for 15/30min until you have enough time to kill it comfortably
>Equip ghillie suit and start collecting the tracks he left roaming in the same area
>Kill nerg before the timer expires
>Hope fore a new tempered Nerg before this one expires.

Beat Ayyyyylmao Dragon

Lewd. But 5* for top background.

hammer

Take a fucking guess

Best endgame IG? Also FUCK KIRIN

youtu.be/P0JO3KODLLQ

>Fewer backgrounds and title terms than in any MH

What's their excuse? How is that a hard thing to put into their game?

One slot open

I'll swing on by

Hit HR, just sorta of grinding monsters before heading into endgame. Play lance, hammer, and bow. For lance/bow, would it be best to try to get an elemental of each type? I'm grinding Rath so I can get the chest/legs for exploit weakness, though I kind of wanted the Blue Rath head too for the crit but I don't know if I have it in me right now to grind out two rubies when I haven't even gotten one yet.