Eve Online general /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

Organic controls edition

Reminder to never trust, listen to advice or take fits from anyone in this general.

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Actually, training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is F2P now, as is playing with the skills listed here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/iDADWZTZ

Future:
>forums.eveonline.com/t/februrary-balance-update-assault-frigates-and-assault-damage-controls/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
zkillboard.com/kill/67999955/
flickr.com/photos/nordgrens/454006429/
zkillboard.com/kill/68002618/
eveboard.com/pilot/Dr_Caymus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Actual pastebin:
pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

fuck off retard

>BC AB speeds

any good fw corps?

>bc speed in general

bcs are fine retard

>t. orthrus pilot

orthrus can't deal with bcs

>keep at range
>fire

>oh the orthrus isn't dying

>4 mids

>bcs are too slow because user doesn't have enough midslots

can't fit mjd if you don't have any mids left

become better, bcs have plenty of slots

>4

4 is fine

t. orthrus pilot

>randomly browse catalog
>not even playing eve anymore
>see the pic me and other russian user made (or should I say upgraded?) back in 2011
There is updated version btw.

>nharb - 5 mids
>ncane - 4 mids

>n

>armor race has better shield options than race suppossed to be universal

>if it has 4 mids, amarrfags complain about not enough mids
>if it has 5 mids, amarrfags complain about too many mids

>reading comprehension

>faction large extender and extender rig
>only has barely more shield hp than armor hp

>shieldfags in charge of making good fits

>54k ehp

You technically CAN run MJD on 4M ships, but the lack of web is a serious disadvantage

>wastes midslot on an afterburner, even though afterburners on battlecruisers are inherently bad, but on another class it would be an obvious replacement module for a web and could easily be switched back for a web
>wtf guys I don't have a web this sucks

Enjoy being scrammed.

>oh shit I'm scrammed
>speed drops to 200m/s
>jokes on them, I have an afterburner!
>speed goes up to 300m/s
you're terrible at eve

>fit scram and autocannons
>i don't want to fight in scram range
???

>1461 m/s
It plausibly gets caught anyway.

you want at least some control

which is why you put a web on it

which is why you fit a web. in a battlecruiser, nearly all your targets will be not larger ships than you, meaning an afterburner is really not very useful. a web will give you much more damage application and lets you rape frigates and dictors and whatever in seconds. an afterburner improves your transversal vs these targets by only a tiny amount because they're much faster than you
you're especially an ultra-retard to complain about not enough slots for a web while you have literally chosen to fit mwd ab, an obvious alternative to mwd web

so nharb is better in everything

it has stronger kite memes but is less flexible up close

>navy issue

Why the fuck are so many people upset that spend money on bling? Like what the fuck would I even do with all the money I have. I don't even have caps or run L5 or multibox and I can whatever.

>tfw you spend 3 years on and off on eve following corp doctrines only to realize you still don't have good frigate/destroyer skills

it's not many people it's just me

>mfw autistic grindfag with 5 accounts and a supercarrier doesn't have the skills to use a tracking disruptor or target painter effectively on a roam, and brags about only having 1 racial frigate skill at 5 on his main

yeah absolutely stupid

big patch is tomorrow m8s, who's ready to kill some retarded assault frigates

what is a good frigate dps range?

what does that mean

beam coercer

>assault damage control real in your lifetime

A billion is only 23 fitted Slicers.

cheap as shit

a billion isk for 23 hours of roaming at the very least sounds pretty alright to me

post armor rattle fits

Frigates are generally 1/4 of that "42M", and 70% hull costs of cruisers through BSs are returned via insurance. That negs Slicer prices a lot, but it's also showing how much entertainment is possible with similar amounts (wholly funding volley-typed fleets, for example).

Bling is generally massive increases of cost:gain ratios, which is possibly appropriate depending on how tight engagement windows are; but the maturity of the game is basically sectioning into poors and "has been here for enough exploits, etc., for massive amounts of ISK". It's a problem with how the game's (/ been) designed, and fixing it is really simple.

t. poor

no it's a problem with overpowered and cheap faction mods

"Cheap" is based on the correlative prices between all items.

Many mods are OP, but there are way better uses of ISK for average content and entertainment value. That's factored socially though, and a lot here are probably playing solo. Though an example of really powerful modules are the MWDs for capacitor, webs, scrams..

faction mwds are weak m8. the really strong faction mods are tackle, invulns and shield boosters

if only t2 shield boosters weren't so shit. It's always either ancil or deadspace.

they compare well enough with t2 armour reps. if you aren't pimp cancer fitting you should always ancil anyway

>faction mwds
Multiple fits are benefiting a lot from them, especially faction frigates.

yes but a blinged mwd will almost never be as important to a fit as the extra reps from deadspace junk

>not wanting the smaller cap penalty and sig
Too bad a-type 10/50MNs are overpriced and not worth it even if you can afford it

deadspace mwd garmur

zkillboard.com/kill/67999955/
>why tho

it just doesn't matter all that much. sure it's worth an extra 25m or whatever if it's going on a 200m autism garmur, but as an upgrade to something reasonably priced it's not cost effective

Why are 110 plex 5 dollars now?

What do plex do now so that one is worth so little?

more bellicose skins when

What CCP dev is this?

>flickr.com/photos/nordgrens/454006429/

CCP qt3.14

Theres "adult content" in her favs but I aint clicking that shit nigga! Too much far left and it requires login.

Is it worth it getting into the game this late?

If you like the game - yes
If you don't like the game - no

As worth as it has been getting in day 1. There's nothing you can't catch up on.

>He doesn't know about the "double cloak warp trick"

oneiros

hac nerf when

after ccp realizes assault DCs are op as shit and kills hacs as balance

'smokescreen'

>he didn't RMT his Avatar back in 2009

Alternatively as wort as getting in day 2. Ther's no way you can catch up

>be a new player in a vigil
>enemy fleet's vigil has tp v, but you only have tp iv
>you will never catch up

fozzie look into this plz

damage cap for frigates when

zkillboard.com/kill/68002618/

>Bellicose Blueprint (Copy)

It's that just real money trading, sucks that the injectors didn't drop tho

Drake!

Brutix > Drake

Shielding is the coolest way to tank ships

Bullshit. The game will be dead long before you reach 80 million SP if you start now and lots of older characters have well over 200 million SP

eveboard.com/pilot/Dr_Caymus

>caring about sp after maybe 50m

>Not buying 500 Billion worth of skill injectors and maxing your character out day 1

T3Ds are way OP with the range.

No u

He's right. Brutix is best battlecruiser

Is the game dead yet? what's average pop?

~20,000 players on at most times

not zero so no

page 10