/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 12th of February:
1502 – Isabella I issued an edict outlawing Islam in the Crown of Castile, forcing virtually all her Muslim subjects to convert to Christianity.
1855 – Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, was founded as the Agricultural College of the State of Michigan, the United States' first agricultural college.
1946 – The British Royal Navy concluded Operation Deadlight, its operation to scuttle German U-boats that had been captured during World War II.
1988 – While claiming the right of innocent passage through Soviet territorial waters in the Black Sea American cruiser USS Yorktown and destroyer USS Caron were bumped by Soviet warships.
1993 – Two-year-old James Bulger was led away from New Strand Shopping Centre in Bootle, England, and brutally murdered by two ten-year-old boys, who became the youngest convicted murderers in modern English history.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!949zESJQ!9joDnzmbylMbQb9XI-f6GXrIXXO3QX5OsFPtoz9AB30
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k
boards.Veeky
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_Communist_regimes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_naval_battles
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i won't be reconstructed and i do not care a damn....

Why the fuck are the blacksmiths prices so inflated?

Anyways good mods that go well with HiP? What was that inbreed mod?

I like autism though. Caveman2Cosmos is max autism but its the best mod for CIV4

>mb isn't gsg
It it is. Its about raising an army and conquering an entire land. Or are you a brainlet that thinks it's an RPG/adventure game?

"While claiming the right of innocent passage through Soviet territorial waters in the Black Sea American cruiser USS Yorktown and destroyer USS Caron were bumped by Soviet warships."
>Draw territorial waters
>Cross them
>Waah why are you sunking muh ships?

based rebelposter

but it is an rpg/adventure game you fucking idiot. Warband is my favorite game of all time but that shit does not belong here and has its own general fuck off.

Are there any actually good real-time 4X with some depth unlike Stellaris or HoI 4? They're both super shallow and uninteresting after 30 hours since you've already seen absolutely everything that can happen.

Turn based games are boring and require just min-maxing all the stats and you can cheese through them as the AI in every single one is garbage.

>Its about raising an army and conquering an entire land
That's not what a gsg is, you retard.

>Its about raising an army and conquering an entire land
not what 'grand strategy' means by literally any definition, retard
I do like M&B but it's not gs

>EU4 instead of Aurora
Almost there lad...

Fucking hell go to your own damn generals.

G&T 0.32 - mega.nz/#!949zESJQ!9joDnzmbylMbQb9XI-f6GXrIXXO3QX5OsFPtoz9AB30
Pastebin - pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

lolwut go to reddit if PDX isn't GSG

Next thread laddie

This fix has a better perfomance than normal meiou?

Man this prestige spamming is really something.

>only one of my bros used his prepared invasion
Disappointed desu
Also can I mod something so the AI stop mutually sieging each other for years and try to fucking clash their armies?

wrong thread gc

To be fair Japan legitimately needs some christian pops in the 1836 start.

how do i edit save files? I found no save game editor
this

>tfw all you want to do is impregnate half the realm but you're stuck playing A FUCKING DWARF so seduction is pretty much impossible
>end up becoming a FUCKING DWARF: the Great by fighting off rebel after rebel and winning war after war

Mixed feelings.

notepad++ brainlet

Weren't they persecuted tho? I thought most of them pretended to be buddhists or whatever

this is just sad.

yeah but how do I edit pop religions and state religion?

ctrl-f province ID
scroll down to pop you want
change the religion
If theres a save editor as another user said try to find it cause its pretty tedious

history>pops>1836>japan

Yeah but they were still christian. I guess you could have an event that happens after you unify Japan that says "ban on Christianity is lifted", then certain pops become Catholic to represent them coming back into the open

You change the state religion in \history\countries\japan.txt and then change the religion of however many pops you want in history\pops\1836.1.1.\Japan

Is only using units from events in BICE even possible?

for what purpose

But nobody knew, specially not the state.
You can't do that, not in any proper way.

Silly me forgot a new thread exists, whoops.

Anyone give me any good mod recommendations that work for Ck2 HiP please. Current mods in use

>Lost Content
Whats this

Fuck off commie
Communism killed 100 million and you defend it?

re adds shit like improve x stat.

With the Kabaa destroyed, the fifth pillar has become an exercise in mourning, each hajj a reminder of the cruelty and animosity of the Franks. A new sect of Islam has emerged.

Anime Portraits

>can't press claims for Kingdom titles and the claimant remain my vassal, despite being holder of an Empire title and literally having Kings as my vassals already

Really makes me think.

see

You realize calling people who disagree with Communism Nazis only radicalizes them into become actual Nazis with enough time, creating a fulfilling prophesy, right?

boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/205067596proper thread

You can though??

>they actually made events to simulate religious disasters
Nice

someone post a brainlet

I'll have to do one where I sack Rome after this
I'm pretty impressed how many events they have for this

>muh pol boogeyman
NO you fuck off to wherever you came from you cuck, this is nkt a safe space for you leftist pieces of shit. Communism killed more people than any other force on the planet and you dare defend it? Tell you whayt, why don't you go to siberia if you like it so much you cocksucker? Guess what, that's where you would have ended up if you didn't listen tk the government for a SECOND you piece of crap. I hope you die in a fiery pit for defending commies, the fucking scum that killed 100 MILLION, the scum lur soldiers died to defend ylu from you piece of shit. I hope you get burned alive cuck.

This is pretty interesting

Survival of the fittest, friend

I don't care if some child with no knowledge of history becomes a nazi until he goes past puberty, I just want you retards to stay on your shitty board.

one brainlet comin right up

*splats load*

I'm the Basileus and I give the claimant the Tourma Aiolia, which is de jure part of a duchy that I don't own the duchy title to, and it says he will not become my vassal. Do I have to give them a title under a duchy I hold? That's really dumb, since I'm the de jure lord above the lord that is his de jure lord.

>I'll have to do one where I sack Rome after this
Based. Do it as a turk.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_Communist_regimes
Really now, denialism is no more attractive from Communists than it is from Holocaust denniers

>as a turk
unless you mean a Turkmenistan Turk, absolutely not
It will be a Muslim Aramean

Fuck off lefty/pol/, no one likes you or shitty hugbox

very funny user.

Anyone?
What was that mod that tracks how inbreed your children are?

An alliance with the Karelians? Hmm... The idea certainly has merit. I may well have reached the limit of what I can achieve by my own strength. Distressing, but often wisdom and cunning must take precedence over pride and our own desires. The only problem is that the High Chief of the fins has no male heirs and his chosen successor is not related to him by blood, on top of only being six years old, while my own daughters are 17 and 14. I could try betrothing my son's first-born daughter to the boy, but would that be enough to secure the alliance?

Come to that I must find a husband for Gerdr soon enough, as well as Iliana! I have been so busy with war and my plots for revenge for my husband that I have neglected my own daughters' futures-!

Show as many of these events as you can, sounds interesting

>namefagging
>'user'
you're not a fucking user if you're namefagging

>i'll link wikipedia, that'll show him!

What country should i play in meiou?

Why are you complaining? There is no downside

Fuck off leftist piece of shit i hope you die Kill yoursekf, shiw you are nit underaged btfo

OK, it's because I'm not de jure liege of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. I understand now. Well, never pressing claims for non-family members again.

Brainlet here, why is there no naval warfare in ck2?

I thought the last thread the picture was a picture of Bannerlord so I thought M&B was allowed here, sorry.
What does it take for a game to qualify as a GS? For me it is territory control and empire management. Paradox games are about historical simulator as well as GS.

I made 0.9% of japan christcuck but no ones converting?

Are you playing HIP? Not sure how it is in vanilla but when pressing your vassals' claims, they need to have a title one rank under what they're claiming to remain as your vassal. So a non-dynastic kingdom claimant will remain your vassal only if he has a duke or kingdom tier title.

japanese shi(n)tos have a specific bonus so they basically never convert

what do you want to play?

im not leftypol you're just retarded

I don't like dishonesty

>meiou
Does anyone have this mad for Europa 3? I used to get it from the old forums but it 404s now. ;-;

A country in meiou, I just told you.

:((((
What asian country should i go orthodoxiums or proddie with then lads?

how important was china to medieval europeans

You can just remove it, or better yet, add a big bonus to conversion to catholicism.

France or Italy

where is the bonus?
>catholicism
"no"

one of persian shitholes they're fun

>"no"
then i'm not telling you
why the fuck would you make japan anything but catholic anyway

common/pop_types

Alright boys, gonna do a KR AAR
What cunt should I play?

Orthodox aesthetics > c*Tholic aesthetics

With the astounding victory of the 11th Crusade, the young king Louis the XIth had little choice but to cede to the desires of the higher nobility, granting them generalships and offier's posts in the military administration. The glorious charge of Burgundian knights across the plains of the Holy Land was still fresh in the popular imagination.

DH or HoI4? Centroamerica for memes

How can you play north angola in vicky 2?

DH
I'm leaning either towards a more fleshed out nation tbhon so I can go longer. The last time I wrote anything was playing Huey Long in Peace without Victory and I want something deeper than that

Russia's pretty good for events

>very funny user
I'm not being funny. Anime Portraits is probably the best aesthetic mod on-top of a good map mod.

Paradox are too lazy to correctly simulate medieval naval combat and just claim there weren't enough enounters to be worth the time.
Not much, only the richest could afford the goods that came through the silk road but it still was an important aspect of the limited medieval trade. For most of the medieval ages only the Byzantines and the Abbasids traded through it until the Mongols came and re-established the connection with the rest of Europe. Which in turn made cities like Venice, Genoa, Florence and Pisa rich as fuck and helped to start the Renaissance.

I was thinking that but ever since they removed the Wrangel chain it's never been as fun to me. I've been trying to get a copy of KR1.04 or KR1.05 so I can play Pavlos Mod but no one seems to have one

>just claim there weren't enough enounters to be worth the time.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_naval_battles

How can paradrones even defend those jewish retards. There are about 50 naval battles during CK2's time period. How much info would you need to actually simulate some basic naval combat. Can't wait to see it implemented in some future DLC, all while being applauded by paradoxplaza

Bah, that idea is a wash. After thorough research I discovered that the young prospective High Chief is the nephew of the current incumbent, but both he and his uncle are unwilling to accept any marriage from one who does not share their faith. They're strange over in Finland; accepting their own gods and spirits of the forest over good, honest deities like Tyr and Thor. I have no special animosity towards them, especially not compared to the Christians, but apparently that ambivalence is not shared. An alliance with Noregr might be an idea, but unlikely due to our history of war and my own desires for Ostlandet as soon as possible.

Apparently Tolerance tech does something to that? But I don't know what and I don't have the Conclave DLC. Is it worth it or naw? I think I had objections to the child education system last I looked...

Tolerance just makes foreigners like you more

can you stop cropping