/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News
Next US Splatfest is money vs. love! Playable 02/16 9pm EST – 02/17 9pm EST
Custom Goo Tuber is available! Sub: curling bomb; Special: inkjet
Challenger wins the latest JP Splatfest!
Gherk-out wins the latest EU Splatfest!
Pearl & Marina Amiibo available soon!
New stage "Ajifurai Stadium" available soon!
New weapon Tetras available soon!
>Wiki
splatoonwiki.org/

>Patch notes
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>Big S2 gear & weapon lists (contains unreleased weapons)
leanny.github.io/splat2/
leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

>Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
loadout.ink/

>List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

>League weapon usage data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k78z_Nz7xDXcSSK5lCtNMKwNE0tRea_vHf6cavl8KLI/edit#gid=255836450

>Add your FC to the list of FC below:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>List of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing
>Zeemaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2885098

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fu1c3ryidNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6RG25BeNwik
fav.me/d7s4jrl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This WILL be a good thread! It WILL!

it will be user

Yes

Theres no splatfest today, so you're objectively wrong. Just more autistic circlejerking.

NO, STOP. NO NEGATIVITY. MAKE THIS A GOOD THREAD FOR ONCE.

Would Opening Gambit and a setup of only rsu be faster than just pure rsu, or is there a ceiling on running speed?

>we still don't have gear like this

You never will. Still doesn't fit the aesthetic of the game.

In 1 that was the case, but Nintendo hates fun so there is likely a cap now.

I want to clumsy and unctrollably strangle the guy who mapped special to stick press.

What's wrong with it being stick press?

Ninja squid or special attack up?
Does special attack up even do anything?

The fact that one of each face and shoulder buttons are still unused.

It's like asking "What should I eat, fried egg or steak, and how well done should steak be?". If it's breakfast, you eat egg, if it's dinner you eat steak, if you like taste of meat then medium rare-medium, if you like texture then medium well.

What if I hate niggers and want to see them hanging from trees?

Then eat rare steaks until you get salmonella, please.

youtube.com/watch?v=fu1c3ryidNQ

Stick presses suck. Period.
Especially in a game when you barely use them aiming with gyro instead and having your fingers on ABXY.

So I can become immune to it? Sounds like a cool superpower and very handy when world comes to end.

Fuck off, Ameritard

Ok, sandnigger

depends on the weapon

who is ready to start this SR shift?

I've been playing ranked for a month now, had the bar broken two or three times maybe, otherwise it was a constant steady climb. But I still only in B. Is this supposed to be this slow?

Usually different blasters, but let's say 89 for the sake of cancer

Utilize operation human shield tactics.

That is, sacrifice anyone black for your own safety.

I just joined

I have you added already, be there in a few minutes. Just enough time for super bonuses

>Does special attack up even do anything?

Ink Armor
>increased duration and faster activation time
Splashdown
>increased blast radius
Stingray
>increased duration
Inkjet
>increased duration and blast radius
Ink Storm
>increased duration and throwing distance
Tenta Missles
>increased reticle size
Bomb Launcher
>increased duration
Bubble Blower
>increased size and blast radius
Baller
>increased durability

SR room 2/4

thanks

thats fine we are going to start one game

Special power on Tentamissiles is weak and sometimes even detrimental because you usually want to fire them off quickly rather than lock onto everyone.
Ninja on Zap often does more harm than good as well, it's a gun that thrives on mobility and mobility only.
Blasters have various special weapons, but ninja is usually decent on them.

It has minimal effect on most of those

then not ns because you don't need it on 89 and it kinda sucks on it. spu is pretty mediocre for ink armor too in my exp

SR room open
3/4

Thanks. I think I might just stick with NS until a better main ability pops up on splatnet.

Whites only?

i ever wonder, do you guys post on notmiiverse?

SR room 3/4

Good morning, I had a really good sleep.
Post squids for me to draw as warmup!

This time for sure!

Draw a Steel Eel

No, the editor is a mess. It'd be so damn easy to add line/curve and fill/dither tools for them, but no, the first one had an editor limited by miiverse and second should just port it over with no changes on a worse screen, just adding questionable zoom function instead of making it fullscreen. Not even quick switching between eraser and pen is in it, you have to scroll through all the sizes of pen and eraser you don't need right now, or tap them.

>Tower Control in the first game was ass
>Tower Control in the second is actually pretty fun
What the fuck happened? I love TC now from what I've played. I used to avoid the fucking hell out of the mode in the first game.

QRSJ. That's about it.

Nerfed Lunas.

SR room open 3/4

Numiiverse isn't nearly as satisfying to use since there's no information on how many people liked it, or even if people can see it. I think it's decent if you have a good stylus, though.

So, QRSJ. The only reason people used them that much was because it was a high-power, low-survivability weapon that could just not survive.

h-hewwo? ( o wo);;
i keep saying i'll offer to draw ppls inklings in an effort to get myself to draw again but im so....................disappointed with everything i do
splurging on a good anatomy book was worth it but im just a dumbo so i dont know if it is working

jk i know you will love my drawing im having a lot of fun drawing for you anons because im really dehydrated but its painfulto drink anything and the sympathy pain in my ear is coming back but im not supposed to take another dose of the narcotic yet

i will keep drawing my real life curvy woomies ur offended that i dont like ur bad forced meme of skinny inklings so now ur telling me to leave u all sound fat

>not octobrush nouveau
>not 3 QSJ 3 sub power
not even trying

But I'm not using either of those abilities right now and I was still having fun.

I think it's a combination between map design not being complete shit for TC and check points being a thing. It doesn't feel like there's as many tight chokepoints on a map compared to the first game, so it's not a complete clusterfuck and not impossible to turn things around. Like, TC on Flounder Heights in the first game was a fucking nightmare. There's nothing like that in this game.

QRSJ was thoroughly unfun to play both with and against, and TC as the most offense-oriented mode had it used the most. Now that they are gone, it is fun again.

Your taste became even more shit or something, blaster control was and always will be shit, faulty by design and shouldn't have been brought into 2 at all

ggs B I guess you had a comm error, thanks for joining anyways
SR room open

>TC as the most offense-oriented mode
it's not

Pretty much, it's not supposed to be continuous progress. If you're way outclassing your current rank you get skipped up a couple though.

I feel like those wouldn't even be viable if they were in the game. A mini-version of an already small weapon? Good luck killing anybody unless it's a god damn buzzsaw in terms of fire rate.

If you actually drew that pic, I have a completely unironic request: draw this woomy swinging gold Dynamo in that style of yours. I always thought that only a heavy-duty woomy would be able to wield the mighty Dynadong.

Oh no. I just realised Splat3 is going to be awful 00's fashion.

No you just really suck

>Turf: survival
>Zones: defense
>Fishdunk: control
>Tower: offense
>Clams: clusterfuck, I mean teamwork

Well shit, looks like we got separated. Can you host again?

SR room open
3/4

yeah my bad I closed the room for a second

Someone actually tested max QSJ with max SbPU.
youtube.com/watch?v=6RG25BeNwik
In his video, his fastest time was 2.31 seconds with max QSJ and max SbPU. My fastest time was .37 seconds slower on 1 pure QSJ and 1 pure SbPU.

You both just suck
Every decent player should already be S+ in all modes

Even shitters are already S+, so it says a lot about you both anons :^)

Literally wrong. TW is turfing more then controlling chokepoints while preferrably pushing enemis back. Zone is attrition war on static target. Tower is attrition war on moving target. Fishdunk is hyperoffense. Clam blitz must be teamwork but because teamwork doesn't exist in splatoon it's a clusterfuck of who has a better brush who can sneak more shit into enemy net.

>There's nothing like that in this game.
Shellendorf Institute

You know how hard it is for new players to get that high?

Nobody plays this game anymore outside of top rank.

That's not the original artist but here's the source if you're interested though fav.me/d7s4jrl

SR room open 3/4

>how hard it is for new players to get that high?
if you don't suck at the videogames it's not

that's not excuse to still being in B rank everyone was new at the mode clams yet there are S+50 already

stop trying to deflect your shitty skills

I haven't had the pleasure of playing on that map yet.

If you're not at least S+99 don't even talk to me

you should be glad then

There is literally no matches in B except squid parties

Look for tia in the discord, she might draw your woomy

In reality
>Turf: clusterfuck
>Zones: a smaller TW, needs teamwork
>Fishdunk: easier than CB, needs teamwork
>Tower: same as RM, but faster
>Clams: slower than RM, also the only gamemode where teamwork is needed the most but somehow there isn't

You must've had shitty luck there then.

She has sheet boobs

Still 3/4?

So do the objective while the whole enemy team does fucking nothing?
>tower
>faster than RM
Is this bait

Are you that poor that you are still playing Splatoon 1?

Please kys, we are talking splatoon 2 were I'm S+50 in 3 modes

I main the Heavy Deco and had the pleasure of playing TC on that map. I just kicked back on the glass canopy and let my teammates push the tower and anytime the enemy tried to push, they'd all die to my six barrels before they could even reach the first checkpoint.

I love that map.

i did once but theres really no incentive, just feels like shouting into the void with no way to know that anybody has seen it, let alone liked it

yes room should be up in 10 seconds

>let my teammates push the tower
yeah nice fantasies fag

>TW is turfing more then controlling chokepoints
TW is being of use in last 30 seconds and holding stalemate position until then to not give enemy too much special charge. I hate turf but even I know that.
>Zone is attrition war on static target
Holding off a position. Definition of defense. There is usually no need to advance much further than the zone itself.
>Tower is attrition war on moving target.
So, constant advance, and since tower moves slowly and predictably control loses a lot of its power. Tower is all about offense.
>Fishdunk is hyperoffense.
You are playing it wrong. You build control throught the match and stall the fish until there is an opening to squeeze through. You don't just throw yourself at a problem and expect a solution.

Post them tits

I would if it wasn't tied to Twitter.

Tah dah!
I'm already drawing you, dummy.

>t. never played league

If I just started playing Ranked a few days ago and already am in B-, getting closer to B in a few modes. Does that mean I'm good? I generally curbstomped C-ranked players. The thing is, I play fighting games and I try to play those seriously so I can't imagine that I'm going to dedicate myself seriously to this game, which is a damn shame, because it's also really fun to me.