Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

LAUNCH TRAILER: youtube.com/watch?v=PKmGKuwd2WA

Dynasty Warriors 9 New Gameplay Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Trailer:
youtu.be/s4D42vMUSIM

Bulletin:
-Samurai Warriors 5 is confirmed to be in development
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Dong Bai, Xiahou Ji, Hua Xiong and Yuan Shu are DLCs.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 has a roster of 90 playable characters and 4 DLC characters.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 is the pinnacle of musous.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=tEP6JEn9DF4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kEr8MLbqd80
youtube.com/watch?v=hnAwU23aEfs&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=r2SARDWdZIM
youtube.com/watch?v=-aghqvwNHMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cant believe this game is SUCH a disaster
i was gonna buy it twice until i saw the Jimpressions video which was just... wow, it doesnt look fun!

Is this the end bros?

9 makes me want to go back and play the other games again. Why did everything go so wrong?

ok /eagg/

let's post yfw launch trailer is 200% more exciting than game opening itself.

youtu.be/kEr8MLbqd80

As a fan of the games since Dynasty Warriors 2 I feel let down but I'll still play it for 300 hours+

youtube.com/watch?v=hnAwU23aEfs&feature=youtu.be

Imagine sucking koei dick so hard that you make a nearly 20 fucking minute video trying to defend DW9 lmaoooooooooooo

So I've played RoTK 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 with 8 being my favorite, while 9 incredibly difficult. Will I enjoy RoTK 13?

How to improve FPS? I have a 1060 6GB, 16GB of RAM, and a Ryzen 1600 god damn it.

refunded it

>the fucking /eagg/ watermark

>all the husbandos and weaponfus ruined
>combat is terrible
>ps2 gundam landscapes
What were they thinking. Who wanted this?

I just refunded the game. Got to Lu Bu, defeated him in like half a minute despite being underleveled. That's when i decided that this game wasn't for me.

>infiltrate the imperial palace to kill Dong Zhuo
There’s one fucking guard I had to kill and absolutely nothing else. There is so much wasted space on this map Jesus. The gate opens and you still have to walk up some more steps in this huge open area but there’s nothing fucking there. WTF were they thinking?

Nobody. Steam stats indicate 75% of buyers have already refunded.

Refund the game if you haven't already.

I watched the preview videos and it felt like...why? Like, it mentioned that you can not change the outcome of historical events and what happened as per story will happened as they did. Where's the fun in that? In general we all know how it happened in history, it would have been fun to do some hypotheticals instead of merely being actors playing out a certain defined role

While this might be added later, I genuinely liked Destiny mode back in DW5, and not having that kind of freedom in an open world game was a missed opportunity.

In general, despite not having played DW9, it felt like DW9 advertises itself as giving players freedom and all that and yet the truth seems to be the opposite of that.

>fuck liu shan
i know i would

I bought DW3 again and it arrived yesterday. I have DW3 XL but my original DW3 disc stopped working, so had to buy a new one.

Haven't had this much fun playing dynasty warriors for years. Enemies actually striking me back, being afraid of Lu Bu without a maxed out character, the game not being reduced to a waifu simulator, it's all great. The enemies disappearing in the fog is a bit annoying, but I still managed to spend my entire day playing it, can't believe I was having this much fun. I only bought it because it was $10 and I wanted something to fill in the time before DW9, but looks like I'm just going to skip 9 altogether and beat DW3 again.

Refund it.

Cool made up statistics, bro

If anything the real figure is twice as high.

Yea don't even bother, fuck 9. Refund city.

Me too man, I'm playing 9 and all I'm thinking about is how would I much rather just boot up DW8 again.

Not too late to refund desu. Let koei learn their lesson.

The shitposting would subside faster if you would stop fucking replying to it.

Nobody has played more than 2 hours of it and the reviews are very negative. It's a ridiculous amount of refunds.

>empty world filled with reused assets and tiling grass/dirt all over
>animals you can hunt just stand still as you shoot them in the face with infinite arrows over and over
>game still tries to maintain a stage-like design but trimmed down the actual battle events to various tiny side-fights you wander for minutes on end between
>who needs a siege engine to storm a gate when you can grapple hook up any and all buildings to run in and assassinate captains and targets with no effort, capturing the whole place
>no proper free battle mode due to all the open world focus

I've bought the key from a re-seller, so no refund.
I'm buying all their shit regardlessly of what they are throwing at me anyway.

>base PS4 has framerate problems in the character viewer, actual game is even worse
>character models are DW4 tier, way less detailed than DW8 or SW4
>charge moves moved to a two button menu, S string still the same as DW8 otherwise
>charge button now a counter/finisher button so it's nearly back to DW6 levels of Square mashing
>open world is fucking ugly with PS2 levels of draw distance
>VA is lackluster even in JP dub, even Zhang Jiao sounds bored

I've owned nearly every musou game released, and even got some enjoyment out of DW6.. but this game is fucking kusage. FEW is smoother playing than this game.

>Actually start to wonder where did all the peons in later installments come from since there seems to be so many of them compared to earlier games
>Look up the actual Three Kingdoms period
>Armies regularly range in tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands
>China's population decreased by around 40 milllion people from end of Han to start of Jin

Ouch, I guess this also explains why this period is so famous

You're a moron, dude. This is why you be a smart consumer and wait for impressions videos like Jim and metacritic and buy on steam so you can refund.

Seeing as this is a huge trainwreck do I just buy 8XL or do I buy 9 while hoping for Koei to fix their shitty game even though it probably won't happen

Did anyone here buy DW9 and enjoy it? My expectations are pretty low and I kinda of just want a new Dynasty Warriors experience, maybe the bar is low enough? The only thing putting me off is the fps drops.

The series is dead forever, now. This is the worst reception ever. Sterling's video turned off even the most diehard fans and the refund % on Steam is a new record for any game ever.

>sobs uncontrollably
I thought we loved one another eagg?

Just buy 8XL Complete.

This is the brownest game I’ve played in years. Would it kill them to add a bit more color?

I mean considering that even the JP people are shrieking at them about it, they have to do SOMETHING

Hell no, this was repulsive.

Anybody figured out how to use the mandarin files in the PC game?

No, I refunded it almost immediately. Just got to the title screen and watched Jim Sterling's video, then i knew the game wasn't for me.

How is Fire Emblem Warriors? I just got a switch and 9 is so ass I want to stop playing already.

Big fan of DW games, played every installment since 2, this is the worst one since DW6.

I read some of the reviews about the bad voice acting and didn't really know what people were talking about. DW has never had amazing voice acting, some characters definitely stood out like Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun, Guan Yu, Lu Bu, etc. but for the small bit of time I spent playing the game, none of the recognizable voices for the characters are in. Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun's english VA's are gone and replaced by generic Geralt of Rivia impersonator. The talking heads while moving around the battlefields are animated now rather than just being a portrait but I'd take the portraits over these poorly animated talking heads. They look like something out of Oregon Trail. Proper lipsyncing for the lines might be asking a bit much for how much frivolous dialogue there is but it's even more jarring to see barely animated 3d heads flapping their mouth randomly. Very poorly implemented.

Sometimes I get weird really bright light flickering in indoor areas, I have a fairly high end pc and the game's framerate was playable albeit in larger battles there is occasional major slowdown. I didn't have the FPS counter on but from previous experience I'd guess it was prob 20FPS at most and there's noticeable slowdown on all your actions.

Gameplay wise, trying something new isn't a bad thing from DW's usual formula of normal attacks linking to specials but it's hard to appreciate that when you're permanently stunlocking every officer you come across so they can never even swing. Maybe this changes later on, but with the framerate issues and graphical issues I'm not going to slug through it just to see how the combat might be if it wasn't going in slowmotion.

TL;DR. Performance issues, graphical issues. Old VA's are gone. Skip it or wait for it to be on sale. This quality of a game is not worth $60

Hyrule Warriors and FEW are both great. I think Nintendo really bring something special to the musou formula after watching KT make the disaster that is 9.

I requested a refund after 10 minutes of trying to play this. Even trying to change settings, it seemed buggy and unresponsive. This is really really bad, and I've owned every Dynasty Warriors game that's been out since 3. Wow so disappointed.

The move set selection is kind of limited, but they're also all pretty good. That's its main weakness. Otherwise it's better than most other games in the genre and will make older games feel clunky with how much control it gives you over battles.

I pirated it because I predicted this. Same with Kingdom Come

Why is there the need to mention you played DW since 3? Does anyone really care?

i've been a fan of this series since Dynasty Warriors 3, and I have to say, this game is very boring compared to the rest of the series. it's full of mindless running around on your horse, enemies are way too easy to kill, and no free mode as well? no thanks. game is also poorly optimized.

After an hour I was so sick of the open world RPG crap and clones, I returned it to gamespot. It was just so... ugly and bad. This isnt what I liked about DW3 growing up.

Because post 6 fans are a particular breed of people.

Can I play as a wolf?

Big fan of all Warriors games (spin-offs and main series since dw3), but this one I couldn't get on with. The boring traversal, bland open-world, the small and pointless skirmishes, and the revamped combat system are all features that I hate about this game.
Ideally, I would have them move back to the old combat and level-based system for the next game, but I doubt this will happen.
Oh well, at least the music was good.

Will we get a patch for these shitty FPS issues, pls dont say koei and gforce have abandoned us ;_;

>tfw no qt baby football

Well DW9 definitely made /eagg/ lively.

Maybe, but only if you have a fairly strong PC or a PS4 Pro. The game's a fucking mess but it's still fairly enjoyable once you get used to things. /eagg/ is currently getting shitposted to death, to the point that it seems people are just copy pasting shit from other sites. Stuff like seems blatantly reposted from a fucking Youtube comment, or Steam reviews. Regardless, this is the worst the thread's been in ages so I'd recommend ignoring it entirely.

Ugh... seeing something I loved as a child with 3 and 4 turn into terrible Anime button mashing and now open world crap with worse graphics than 10 year old games...
Horrible. Luckily old Jim comes through once again to prevent me wasting money on crap! It's always great to hear a game is awful so I can save some money.

Stop that.

Must be real because someone fucked up applying the 10% discount, so K-T themselves has been promoting refund and rebuy.

but people are just doing the former

>"I've been a fan since ___"
WE FUCKING IT GET

Even good PCs are getting shit FPS on PC. Same as all the other main ports. Why they can't put as much effort into their own games as they do with other people's IP like Hyrule Warriors and Berserk is beyond me. Berserk ran perfectly and is infinitely better than just about any of the main series DW games.

i play dynasty dw warrior since dw1

i play game finish all story in 2 hours then refund... game is bad easy and open world is boring

to many clones and combat is just press square dumber than previous game.... i miss dw8

What's worse, Sterlingposters or Ivebeenafansinceposters

As someone who's been playing since DW3, it's clear Koei need other peoples help to make good games. DW has slowly gotten worse since 4 and the only good games since then are Hyrule and One Piece... helped from Nintendo and Bandai

How far are you guys in torrenting the crack?

I've been a fan since Sterling's first video

Finally someone with taste

I've been a fan since DW1 and I disagree fundamentally with leaving the fighting game formula

ive been a fan since rotk 1 and i watch jim sterling video
i will never buy dw game ever again!!!! save money on this TRASH

me too
youtube.com/watch?v=r2SARDWdZIM

so glad I gave up on downloading that. I think it would just be faster to wait for the MEGA uplaod :/

>Sterlingposter or Ivebeenafansinceposter
the posts are all a minute apart lmao

Hardly any dips here, don't play on a toaster from 2010

been a big fan of DW snice 2 weeks ago, refunded this game before I bought it, thanks Jim.

>Even good PCs are getting shit FPS on PC.
Not denying that at all, I genuinely have no idea how they managed to fuck up this bad regarding performance.
>Berserk ran perfectly and is infinitely better than just about any of the main series DW games.
This is bait, right? Berserk Musou was enjoyable enough but it only had a whopping 8 playable characters and barely any content outside of the story mode which forced you to play as Guts for the vast majority of it with little to no variety. The Pirate Warriors games, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, and even the fucking Gundam games were vastly superior in nearly every aspect.

>There are people right now that only started liking this series after Luo Guanzhong wrote ROTK in the 14th century

I've been a fan of Jim Sterling ever since he was born, love the game, wtf I hate Jim now

post torrent and mega links in the op!! koei deserve to be shunned and ridiculed for this game.
Never been so mad at a game. A legendary series since DW3 and now its ruined.

>Described as having the best beard historically
>Gives him the most squeaky clean face possible

I haven't actually played all of the other titles outside of Hyrule and Berserk. No interest in Gundam or Pirates and haven't gotten to Fire Emblem yet. I believe you though. And yes, I think the gameplay and style of Berserk was good.

>Wheel halberd
Gone
>Claws
Gone
>Flute
Gone
>Spike shield
Gone
>Rake
Confirmed

It's okay

>the current state of /eagg/

Literally only said I like how the progression feels. Been getting into a rhythm with 10 hours into the Cao Cao campaign, but the game glitched out after Xiapi. Didn't get the Lu Bu execution scene and was thrown into the void. What a mess of a release.

You tell your son to apologize to Koei right now Mr Sterling

You should really check out Pirate Warriors 3 regardless of your thoughts on One Piece. It's got some of the best movesets in the series, and a fair bit of content too. It's one of the best Warriors games they've released as of late by far.

Bravo Koei. Only the dankest memes from 7 years ago

>Still no club and bomb

youtube.com/watch?v=-aghqvwNHMQ

>the cow family

Thought we were past this?

>Zhou Tai doesn't sheathe his katana
wtf where do I refund???????

Skryrim only came out last year though

Fuck off Todd.

So this is why we've incurred /v/'s wrath

Fuck off Suzuki, your game is garbage.

Still not buying Fallout 4 you piece of shit.

All I want to know is if the character model quality is improved so I can make better nude models out of it.
DW8 has some awful textures for the models.