How to Store ETH?

Really dumb question but I'm looking to drop about a grand on ETH during the current dip. I'm signed up and shit on localbitcoins and ready to buy BTC as I understand it's easier to trade BTC for ETH than buy ETH outright with a bank transfer.

Question is, I've never bought or stored crypto before, so I'm pretty clueless on how to keep them. I gather you shouldn't use online 'banks' that store them for you because they can run off with it or get hacked. How exactly do you store it and keep your shit safe?

I know it's somewhat an easy question but I've tried Googling and can't get a straight answer. I've read you can just store your 'wallet' on USB drives and even keep multiple of them in case you lose one (is this accurate?), that seems the easiest way, is it as easy as just dropping a file onto a USB or is it more involved?

Also whats the best outlet to trade BTC to ETH?

Thanks senpaitachi.

cold storage. invest in a trezor. its like 100 bucks and it can store your btc and eth

This, you wanna hold this shit for years to come. Sweating over holding it on exchanges for such a period is not worth it

Paper Wallet. Simple, easy, don't need to buy a fucking piece of hardware to keep your shit safe.

I use jaxx.

Have 25,000 USD worth of cryptos there.

mist wallet, private key backed up in multiple locations

>paper wallet autists

Second this.

Pretty expensive, can only store ETH and BTC or am I interpreting it wrong?

Those systems are only as safe as the PC or phone you're using them on though, right?

Also, am I right in thinking you can send money/coin to a paper wallet? Since it's just a piece of paper holding your private key needed to actually spend whats in it. Your wallet address and thus it's contents is public data and available anywhere any time so you can 'fund' a paper wallet while it's in a locked safe for example without touching it?

Total pleb questions but I've never bought crypto.

really guys? I've heard it's not good to have anything connected to the internet hold your shit. I still have a few thou in my jaxx wallet but that makes me uncomfortable as fuck.

how do you like trezor's eth implemention? it seems pretty clunky tbqh. I have trezor and it's great for btc and dash, but I get the impression that the nano is more elegant.

>Those systems are only as safe as the PC or phone you're using them on though, right?
yes, but I don't think anyone is about to break into my LUKS encrypted linux volumes or veracrypt containers

best bet for a newbie and you don't hold 50k+, keep it on coinbase b/c they are insured

>keep it on coinbase b/c they are insured
Nice meme.

All they need to do is decide they are going to ban you for no reason, or pull the plug on the site, then you're fucked. Only a retard stores their coin on an exchange for more than three days tops.

>Only a retard stores their coin on an exchange for more than three days tops.
you're right, that's why I'm telling new people to do it. they aren't smart enough to store coins properly, they will just lose them.

also I was making the assumption if you are using coinbase, you are smart enough to not send coins directly to gambling sites and drug dealers from the coinbase wallet.

Ledger nano s is bretty comfy.

Does Electrum also do ETH? That's what I use for BTC.

This. Make some copied and store at different places

Best way is to learn draw your QR code from memory.

no

Should I use bank transfer or a debit card on CoinBase? It has fucking 5 day delays for bank transfer, and 3% fees for a card.

Just use myetherwallet.com and call it a day.

I laughed

I'm in the same boat, put in my tiny order of 4 ETH on April 28 and I'm sill waiting even though the funds have been withdrawn. I want to get in n yhes altcoin swings but Cpinbase is taking forver and it's pissing me off.

Correction I did a bank transfer but it's taking forever.

Another thing is I'm in the UK and Coinbase won't let you withdraw in GBP. It looks like they do EUR and it also looks like my bank doesn't charge a fee for converting, am I good?

Is BITTREX safe; specifically if you are trading low volumes like 1000$ or so ? I am a new coiner who is learning slowly and I assumed that I dedicated wallet will not be neccesarty immediately; My exchange stores my BTC for me and they have a decent reputation for safety; Eventually I will get a cold storage unit though.

Bittrex is vastly superior to that bag of shit that is Poloniex

Bittrex is fucking shit, just use Coinbase.