The Macro State of the crypto market

Hi Veeky Forums let us talk stop talking about random shitcoins for a second and look at how much money has come into the crypto market in the last few weeks.

From the chart you can see that since Apr 23, the Crypto market cap gained around 24 bil in 15 days. We also know that it's not all going into BTC because BTC dominance is only around 50%. You can see that the non-btc market cap is growing even faster than the total. So where the fuck does all this money come from? Only one possibility, institutional money.

This might be the liftoff that we have been waiting for, for mass adoption. Banks have been taking notice (XRP) and tech companies (ETH). The growth looks exponential. With the amount of money coming in, if you pick any decent coin, then you will probably win in the medium to long term. This could be the tech bubble of our time.

Also a quick note about the recent ALT blood bath yesterday, if BTC goes on a bullrun, then most alts will go red. It literally is just a blip on the ride to the moon. When BTC corrects, the money will come into the alts.

I believe that we are the hope stage, the tech bubble reached 200bil at its height. Are you guys going to continue day trading for couple of shekels or just hold and have a possibility of getting in on the biggest bubble in human history.

Google search graph looks identical to the market cap chart.

Wow, it's real.

Eh, all that means is really gotta start watching out for those shitcoins.

This is why I don't day trade any more. I don't want to lose a single coin before the super moon.

Oh fuck, Nigerian princes are even getting involved.

>Nigeria

holding for long term
BTC
XRP
LTC
ETH
STRAT
BLOCK
NEM

So what stage are we at ? I Think we are at the early adopters stage. I have told a lot of my college friends about crypto, but they would refuse to give it a second look. Even with BTC prices today, they remain skeptical.

Don't even get me started on the older generation, there is no way my parents and grandparents would ever understand this tech. They won't use it or care until crypto is just a standard service at a bank without all the details. Institutions give credibility, so like it or not, crypto getting backed by institutions is very important.

yep. the time to buy alts is now.

early adopters stage i think...though we are on the precipice of the "early majority" stage.

I thought so to, then I realized the 50 bil market cap of crypto circulating out there is a fraction of what could be in the next 5 years.

It may be safe to be a little more optimistic.

Not for another few years at least.

What alts

Which alts are a good hold?
XRP, STR, XEM, GNT?

>XRP
>XEM
Yes to these

based nigeria

>long term
>XRP

XRP, BAY, ETH

all you XRP fags, try to download the wallet and transfer "your" coins you yourself, then have a big think about if it's a real cryptocurrency or not

What's the issue?

ripple labs owns them. you can't transfer them to a wallet you own. xrp is built for bank to bank transfers and is 100% centralized and controlled. the price is high because confused people looking at coinmarketcap and thinking it's a big deal. can you make a shitload of money on it? yes, in pump and dumps. this is not a "long."

>you can't transfer them to a wallet you own
What kind of wallet are you talking about? On their site, you can create a hosted wallet and a Ripple wallet where you own the secret key. Why are you sure you can't transfer money there?

GNT b/c of the dip, it's tied to ETH's price somewhat, and the soon Brass Golem release.

STR is terrible atm and maybe altogether. I think it will be like ETH vs ETC. Except it is XRP vs. STR. STR has no incoming businesses/partnerships/contracts and it competes directly with XRP as a means to replace the SWIFT banking system (fiat).

XEM is probably good hold.

If BTC corrects, get some into LTC and ETH. Spread the market.

Do you think STR will go up at all? I'm holding but I bought low so I don't mind selling right now.
I'll probably go into either GNT or XEM.

> STR has no incoming businesses/partnerships/contracts and it competes directly with XRP as a means to replace the SWIFT banking system (fiat).

Totally wrong. Its making significant inroads in emerging economies in partnership with academics, governments, corporations and individuals.

It interfaces with XRP ledgers natively but is not run by a private company, but a foundation that has academic and charitable goals for developing economies. It isn't competing with SWIFT in places that don't even have a reliable or widespread banking system or even fixed infrastructure.

So, similar tech, different goals and different markets.

It probably will, but there's no current reason for the most reason pump. By that I mean:
there are no rumors, there is no strong news, there is no new partnership. From a trading perspective, maybe that only matters long term. But from a "venture capitalist" perspective, this coin is bad news on too many fronts.

>It interfaces with XRP ledgers natively but is not run by a private company, but a foundation that has academic and charitable goals for developing economies.
>charitable goals
Dropped.

You might be correct, and certainly there is room for competitors regardless esp in such a bullish market. But there's no reason for it to be trading same volume as Ripple @ ATH's currently.

Shit like instead of spouting nocoiners would get rest of the stockfags into this. I don't play stocks anymore since no money and don't really have much for cryptos, does anyone actually know how the africans/southeast sea people abuse cryptos? We have to understand its participants that is all.