/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General:

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Old

:^)

what's a good semi all purpose HBG to start with, want to use them and bee a good support online

>You realized that World's loredump ended up salvaging Valfalk retrospectively in the end.

Rate my CB set. This is ungemmed.

>headcanon

Xeno can do everything reasonably well
>support
oh, its retarded.

Do squads have a member cap?

i love valfalk

I meant to actually not be bad fpr the team and die

so Xeno it is then. gonna try to hunt some LR stuff to get used to it and then move up

yeah, 50

I think this is the best SA build I can manage at this point. I really, really don't want to use Diablos. I don't even like wearing this caveman-looking shit.

See you when the Cross Five monster pack drops.

the xeno HBG is best at normal 3, but it can fire pierce 3 with slightly higher recoil, and it can do element shots as well
you'll want to make dedicated guns for normal 3 or pierce later, depending on what you find most fun.

What is the best skill and why is it Health Boost?

>Artillery deco is rare 8
See you guys in MHW-G.

While we're on this subject, I've never really used the bowguns beyond a few hunts in any game. What do you need to know when trying out the bowguns? Which ammo types are good other than slicing? What kind of stats do you want?

>Actually getting usable gems from threat lv2 monsters
About fucking time.

why

>tempered kirin urgent
>SOS
>all 3 japs cart within 2 minutes
wew

>that much crit on an element build without crit element
>crit boost
don't

and just what does that have to do with your headcanon that world salvaged it? it's still trash

I see thanks
So what kind of stats do I want to avoid?

Why don't you do it yourself?

catlolis

>legania investigation for frost sacs
>get it pretty weak, it flies off to the mushroom area with all of the flying small monsters
>get there, fluffy bat shows up
>they start duking it out
>about 20 seconds later, doggo shows up
>new turf war
>objective complete
>no frost sac, but got two plates off of the low rank rewards

did it again, no sac but another plate. the investigation I'm doing has two silver and a gold reward, are the sacs a bronze reward?

Reply to the wrong post?

>reach HR and see the new sets with slots
>think that only newbies and retards would get the armor with less slots
>proceed through game assuming i would eventually start getting decorations that justify these armor slots
>just beat 2 of the 3 elder dragons
>they both gave me the same shitty decos that a fucking jagras would
WHEN THE FUCK DOES THIS GAME START GIVING YOU SOME WORTHWHILE FUCKING DECORATIONS?! I MEAN WTF????
AND WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF EVEN HAVING THEM AT THIS POINT WHEN I'VE COMPLETED 90% OF THE GAME?
IF ID KNOWN WHAT A FUCKING MESS THIS DECO SHIT IS I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BOTHERED WITH THESE FUCKING SLOTS. FUCK.

most skills you'd want on BM sets, attack up, crit eye, weak exp, etc, along with shot type up.
you can get shot type up easily from either the black diablos legs for normal or the rath soul waist for pierce.

Relax fag.

You have to fight tempered elders post story and do tons of grinding to get good decorations. Alpha is almost always better until you are well into endgame.

the deco grind is for real MH players, and trust me when i say this, you are not one.
time to move on to whatever flavor of the month shit is next out of the shitter.

I just hope I can get used to move slowly after only ever using DB's and IG in every past game and this

why do you care? you get the full 3 points from the charm.

How badly did I fuck up?

>WHEN THE FUCK DOES THIS GAME START GIVING YOU SOME WORTHWHILE FUCKING DECORATIONS?! I MEAN WTF????
150 hours in and I ask the same question every time I boot the game up

Unbelievably

well if you cant, there's always LBG, which has even better mobility than those two.

disregard, my tailraiders came back with 3 frost sacs.

>haven't see any of bad jap player even dont see bad players in coop much
>go to /mhg/
>GRRR JAPS ARE BADDDD

Am I playing different game?

W-Why are you making me do this weird pose?

I like the special attack on HBG more that's why I'm willing to try it out

>Lvl 1 Earplugs Charm

Charms can be upgraded.

Japs have an insane variation now that the salarymen are playing. Most are below average but I have gotten sub 8 temp elders with 3 japs

>join tempered vaal hazak sos
>jap dies as I'm entering
>1 faint remaining
Race against the clock for me to carry those japs and their retarded deaths.
Thank fuck lance can mount from wherever, won it but holy shit how do people die to vaal?

Bherna girls are cute!

I miss Nerscylla I guess they couldn't figure out how to make it work in an open world and have it actually use the walls

Should I hammer?

The earplugs is fine, and by all means go for earplugs 5, it feels so great as a hammer user. But you don't need the evasion stuff on top of it when you're using a hit and run weapon. You don't have enough attack or crit related skills.

do you want to hammer? i think it's pretty fun when i use it

i want a bherna gal gf

Me too user. Me too.

>Great Jagras gets fat
>Does nothing special
>Zamtrios gets fat
>Starts rolling around and belly flopping changing its entire moveset

If World is such a good game, then why doesn't it have all the monsters?

Very fun weapon, but not being able to cut tails sucks.

Yeah nah I don't get how you're supposed to kill this thing

break zhe horn

>Nergi HBG + Spread build
holy balogna this shit is REAL

sleep bomb my man

My nerg hammer bounces off

if you dont say how many slots you have how are we supposed to rate that?

the same way you kill any other monster? hit it until it dies?

Be patient and hit its horn.
Use the lightning resist mantle for easy mode.

kinda wish the switch axe did blunt and then sharp damage

Use a weapon that doesn't get cucked by Kirin and stack tons of thunder resistance with a set like Ingot or Kirin, fully upgraded, with maybe a thunder charm, thunder resistance decorations and eat your veggies too. You will be more afraid of its horn and tramples than you will its lightning attacks.

I would if I could. While I can reach level 2, the next level needs something I haven't unlocked yet.

I just figured I could grind out Kushala since the armor gives handicraft and I needed the practice for lancing.

remember Unicorns don't attack virgins,
You only have yourself to blame

Optimal Lance build?

Level 3 needs a Teostra gem, Wyvern gem, some other shit I forgot, maybe Teostra parts, and the ore you seem to get from tempered elders.

Aren't elder dragons immune to any and every kind of gadget?

add a gun

jk I wish the game had valkyria chroncles lances

and by that I mean anti tank missiles

Please get a trip so I can filter you out, you're not contributing anything to this thread

When is Glav getting added to the Ancient Forest, the Wildspire Wastes, or the Volcano?

whats it hitting for
was thinking about making a set for shotgun mode

>fighting temp uragaan SOS
>start sharpening while he is rolling
>rolls slowly up to me
>know I can move and dodge but don't, I cart for no reason
>couldn't stop laughing
>get a ruby

Can anyone confirm that joining then leaving a hunt still gives the monster more hp? Some fucking jap joined my azure rath hunt then immediately bailed and it took me for fucking EVER to kill it. With good gear too.

I do wanna hammer. it looks fun but I am not sure how you would approach a hunt with it and what hammer is recommended to grind for?

After they finish its western redesign

Can't appreciate jokes about unicorns & virgins

You do know how rare they are getting nowadays?

I long stick with a grenade taped to the point poked at the treads or back glowing fuel thingy

I would totally love and cherish her for the rest of my natural life if you get what I'm saying.

this was confirmed fucking months ago

Would you raise Moofah with her?

Why would you need Stun Resistance? Don't get hit.

i think none of em can be trapped, but they can be paralyzed or put to sleep

What's the easiest way to get Teostra Webbing?

I've fought Teostra like a dozen times already and I even got TWO gems. But I still don't have a single fucking webbing. I know that I have to break the wings, but they almost seem impossible to break.

Someone post the Gammoth dog picture please.

I'd put away my hunting life to live on a comfy farm with her raising moofah and fucking like rabbits

So even when they leave the monster keeps it's scaled health? Christ.

When's the Ryu set for people with SFV savedata?

I think you generally want raw damage. A lot of people recommend the Diablos hammer and I'm enjoying it a lot. With the hammer you want to almost always be striking the head. You start charging, power charge, roll to cancel the charge but keep the power charge until you sheathe or get hit, and then run around the monster waiting for an opening. Open with a level 1 charge, as your triangle opening is awful, and then mash to eventually golfswing the enemy if you have enough time. Level 2 charges are for singular hit and run attacks to the head to eventually stagger or stun the monster. Level 3 charges are either shitty spinning attacks if you're moving or a lengthy but very powerful attack if you are stationary, great if Rathalos decides to fire a fireball for no reason or a monster roars and you have earplugs. Your sliding attack is also completely overpowered. If you accidentally overcharge to level 3, you want to cancel it with a roll unless you think the monster is going to create a massive opening long enough to use it. You can mash circle on a monster's head when they are downed for a very long time, but you won't use it otherwise.

I know Ace Hunter coins you get from the Diablos double arena, but where do you get the Hunter King coins? Rathian/Los ones?
>tfw just A'ed 4 arena quests with /mhg/
Good hunts Void-san

For guard just have a bazel chest B and add uragaan and damage pieces as you see fit. Getting the guard up charm is better then 3 Ura pieces

But for evasion I have had great results from using
Zorah head A
Legi mail B
Kush grip A
Kaiser coil A
Kush crus A
Exploit charm ii
Bazel Rookslayer lance

You can change out the head and waist for others, Nerg Waist B with a tenderizer jewel, eyepatch if you want to use a different charm, ect

>do an temp odo because he is pretty fun to fight
>got a WE jewel

always go into a hunt with a pure heart and you will be rewarded

friday, i got it and will host when it's up for you guys

I try not to, but sometimes I do. And it always feels like all it takes is one hit to put me in K.O. status.

I'm so fucking tired of being in K.O. status. I hate it. I fucking hate it. Now I don't even have to worry about it.

>DIablos
>Min/Max

I bet you're one of those faggots that complains a lot. Don't have fun, please, instead make sets you never use and post them here to get an opinion. Honestly, ohw many of you faggots just make sets to post here and never actually play the fucking game?

What is your favourite creature from MHW?

What is that even supposed to mean you dumb retard