Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

youtube.com/watch?v=PKmGKuwd2WA

Dynasty Warriors 9 New Gameplay Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Trailer:
youtu.be/s4D42vMUSIM

Bulletin:
-Samurai Warriors 5 is confirmed to be in development
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Dong Bai, Xiahou Ji, Hua Xiong and Yuan Shu are DLCs.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 has a roster of 90 playable characters and 4 DLC characters.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 is the pinnacle of musous.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfI71-gRbCritQDBUFR1XIsUbqLyBbgVo
koeitecmoamerica.com/dw9/info_update.html
digchinese.com/en/saying/cunbuburang
twitter.com/JamiesonPrice/status/827245203832524801
twitter.com/kylehebert/status/846502916806471680
twitter.com/lexlang/status/794240619350659072?lang=en
twitter.com/yurilowenthal/status/485466917423968256
twitter.com/quintonflynn/status/728330454298861568
twitter.com/vokirk/status/728271004632375296
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He looks so happy here

Reminder on who's the real criminal.

>join Dong Zhuo's army
>he tells you to stay out the way so you don't get hurt
>tells you you can watch the action if you want to just don't fight at the front

Truly the most benevolent leader.

Just got my first ending using with Sun Jian. This is way more Sun Jian content than I used to from DW, and I actually quite liked the ending even though I agree something tragic could've been great too. I think I really like this game,
it makes me happy

You know, the opening is pretty whack. There isn't enough of Zhao Yun beating up peons.

>People shit on Lui Bei's and Sun Shangxiang
relationship but have no problem with Zhenjing and Cao Pi when he treated her like garbage and instead went with a harem which ultimately made her commit suicide
So its okay when that little shit failure does it but not the mountain bandit? They're just as forced too.

Liu Bei is old as fuck compared to SSX and her personality changed since DW6

It is ok if anyone besides Shu does it

you accidental your post

How is DW9 compared to past Dw games? Looking at meta critic and unsure if should get it after reading some reviews.

C-cao Pi isn't a failure, Sima Yi tricked him, ITS NOT FAIR.

For me it comes down to hating loo gay, and also the fact it feels like Shu ruining a Wu character. At least with Cao Pi and Zhenji, they're both the same faction anyways and they're more or less the same character as when they were first introduced to DW.

>meta critic
Never use that to get opinions AT ALL. If you want a DW game, get DW8XLComplete instead.

Well I never liked those two, Zhenji is just another broad who they turned into a bitch and Cao Pi was always a little shit and knowing their history, they way Koei tries to make it lovey dovey made me laugh.

Overall pretty fun. Recent patch for it is a godsend that remedies some of the initial concerns.
I just wish there were more interesting sidequests and naval battles weren't so bleh.

So there's a glitch where a character or weapon model doesn't load correctly and causes them to stretch to this length.

It's a mess. Combat is really fun, but it's really offset by a lot of meaningless down time running around the empy open world.

>Liu Bei
>Shoes

You got all the key word, mate.

>Japan's console video game sales have been plummeting in general for the past four years now. You need a whole lot of factors to really break 100k anymore.
Yeah, it's usually only super big AAA Japanese AAA titles that manage it. Generally Nintendo dominates the sales charts alongside a few others, and that's basically it.

Just played a couple of minutes and AI is really aggressive on Chaos which is really just what I wanted. Your character is really hard to stun though so you don't realize you're losing health most of the time.

DW9 OST
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfI71-gRbCritQDBUFR1XIsUbqLyBbgVo

>CHUN BOON BOO YA
What does Liu Bei mean by this?

heh

Reminder, in case you haven't played the game since last night.
Patch 1.03

Smu Xin Xianying?

wow what a challenging game

How'd you get that many vitality potions? I can't tell the plants apart so I use them up really fast.

some shopkeepers sell the flowers for cheap

Is the game actually worth buying now

soy boys love it

Yeah.

3000 viewers on twitch. It's decent now.

I wanted to finally get into DW but it seems I'm gonna save some money. pastebin seems outdated - what is the best title to get on PS4 if I want one single game to get into musou? DQH? Orochi 3? Fate? I remember playing Orochi on PSP ages ago and having fun.

Don't pass on DW just because of 9. Literally every other game besides 6 is much better.

I wanted to jump the musou wagon with newest flagship release, now when everyone says it blows I don't even care which game or series to try to know if the genre is for me.

7 or 8XL

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

If you want an introduction to the franchise, 8XLCE is decent enough. I still wouldn't skip out on 9.
Orochi 3 and Pirate Warriors 3 are both far superior games to 8, though.
Haven't played Dragon Quest Heroes.
Extella is awful.

9 is just less of a musou and more of a character action game.

The main battle theme is so good.

So did the new patch hit for PC yet?

hah

>Xiahou dun loses his eyes in the cutscene
>Doesn't eat it
>Doesn't even sound in pain or like he cares
>Still stands in place as arrows fly by him
>For some reason he still has his usual look without te eyepatch afterwards

So far Dun's story has been dull and the one memorable scene with him was botched. Can't wait to unlock Deng Ai already, geez.

Not yet.
koeitecmoamerica.com/dw9/info_update.html

>For some reason he still has his usual look without te eyepatch afterwards
That's how it happened in 7 and 8.

more screenies

Post more screenshots of Cai Wenji

Holy fuck, Xu Sheng is FUN to play as.

DW9 is now out of the front page of top sellers on steam (for me atleast). RIP

i didnt get that far yet. school is getting in the way.

I do remember unlocking the Patched outfit/being able to change it.
So far I can't in 9.

Playing as Huang Gai now on hard mode and holy shit they really make you work for it on hard. The enemies are always dodging and blocking, I'm having to make use of fully charged trigger attacks a lot now. This is really where Huang Gai's moveset shines though, especially brutal with flame gems.

NERF KNIFE

Open world may be a meme, but I want an open world Gundam Musou

Are Sima Zhao, Sima Shi and Lu Lingqi the only characters that can do those long combos? I can't get anywhere close with Sun Jian

About time.

He has the best ending. I live for Deng Ai.

How are you liking the game?

2 chapters

Cheng Pu.

and you dont unlock anything new

I'm enjoying it despite the flaws.
The game is still fun like always, just slower and more spread out.

Most can, you just need to get the shit that lets you animation cancel

>Hulao gate
>as soon as I go to fight Lu Bu he suddenly disappears and the battle is won
Was that a bug? Anyone else have this happen?

>Was that a bug?

No thats how the fight goes duh

Holy shit, you're telling me was actually ON the front page at one point?
Damn nigga, that's impressive as fuck for a DW. Especially on PC in the west.

Enjoying the game a lot btw. Really think it kicked into high fucking gear once I hit sishui gate and that music kicked in, Love the new combat system. Playing as Sun Jian btw. Like the fact that he actually has a decent length of time to play as. Open world is helping the length for him I think.
Also that patch was amazing. I'm actually playing on cinematic mode now on the pro and it's completely playable, not slow at all. The FPS fix they gave for all consoles was some fucking voodoo.

Yeah it was. Above PUBG and even Kingdom Come, but only for a VERY short time.

That's actually really surprising. Even for a new game, I wouldn't expect DW to sell that well in the west or on PC. Even if only for a fraction of time. Probably helps there wasn't anything else to go against it in that timeframe though.

digchinese.com/en/saying/cunbuburang

So, do all characters who have the same weapon type have the same moveset?

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL THE WOLVES IN THE GAME
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF THEM

>Fighting some bandits
>In control
>Smack them further into the jungle, do a dash attack with triangle to hit them
>SUDDENLY WOLVES
>TTHOUSANDS OF THEM
>THEY ARE SUPER AGGRESSIVE
>Do you wish to reload from a check point?

Wolves hunt in packs.

Not them but I took the exact same screenshot before I went to sleep last night

The performance issues suck, and the game doesn't even look as good as it should for having any issues at all, but oh well. It does seem to run better over time because more stuff is actually loaded, as people have shown the game seems to try to put everything on your GPU and not other parts of your system.

I like the combat more than 8 and I liked 8's combat a lot. I found it very hard (in 8) to play characters other than dash/shadow sprint (because you don't have to sit around waiting for your combo animation to end) and having both of those available with every moveset is a dream come true. I really hate the camera angle in this game though, it's too low.

Playing on normal it's pretty easy to just run the sidequests for a chapter and then grapple over the wall of whatever castle you're attacking and beat on the boss, but I have a feeling you'd have to whittle enemies down or have a weapon with very good aoe/a combo plan in mind on harder difficulties.

I haven't done anything with hunting/fishing yet (other than shooting like 3 deer for the tutorial quest), or gotten a hideaway, but the open world is pretty nondescript between points of interest. Since your map seems to persist from chapter to chapter and regardless of faction changes I'm curious to see if you keep control of all the road bases you've taken even when restarting from an older chapter.

Also really wish there was a way to search treasures or at least have the treasure icon color-coded to the rarity of the material. That's what I get for going from watchtower to watchtower I guess.

tl;dr If you have doubts about how your PC will run the game, you should wait and see if koei commits to improving the framerate. If not, or you have a PS4 and you're willing to accept the new direction the game is going then it's pretty fun. But just "good", not "great", like a 3/5 for me so far.

>Go fight a beast master
>He has a shitload of tigers
>Run around because shit defense
>Run into wolves
>Dies after running out of powders and horse can't get there in time
3 tries later I learned the joy of horseback combat

>Kill a bear on the other side of the wall of china
>get a shit ton of points
>turn in points and get a lot of shit
>I no longer get any more points and haven't since
>That "Rank" mechanic that dealt with vendors giving you shit and you getting different quests that Koei described the game having seems to be missing in action or is shrouded in screcy
So what gives?

Do weapons and other equipment you buy/craft with one character shared among all other characters?

Yes, along with money, equipment, everything on the map discovered/explored etc.

Hideout comrade progression gets reseted every time so I have no fucking clue how you're supposed to get that "20 fully friended officers" achievement/trophy.

For anyone doubting that the voice cast was on strike:
Jamieson Price, voice of Lu Bu since 5
twitter.com/JamiesonPrice/status/827245203832524801
Kyle Herbert, voice of Sima Yi since 6
twitter.com/kylehebert/status/846502916806471680
Lex Lang, voice of Zhuge Liang since 4
twitter.com/lexlang/status/794240619350659072?lang=en
Yuri Lowenthal, voice of Zhang He since 5
twitter.com/yurilowenthal/status/485466917423968256
Quinton Flynn, voice of Zhong Hui since 7
twitter.com/quintonflynn/status/728330454298861568
Kirk Thornton, voice of Xiahou Dun since 4
twitter.com/vokirk/status/728271004632375296
I could find more examples as well, but that's them all talking about either being a part of the strike or even tweeting that they're at a rally for it.

Will this general survive DW9?

I feel exactly the same about DW9 as I did with MGS5.
Game is fun as fuck when you're in the action but why the fuck am I riding a horse down an empty desert road for 5 minutes after each base?

>Playing on normal it's pretty easy to just run the sidequests for a chapter and then grapple over the wall of whatever castle you're attacking and beat on the boss, but I have a feeling you'd have to whittle enemies down or have a weapon with very good aoe/a combo plan in mind on harder difficulties.
Well yeah, there's that, and there AI will actively chase you down, dodge your moves, and block far more, on top of the usual doing more damage and taking less. You should try it some time since you can change difficulty on the fly in this game as opposed to having to restart a stage or story.

It's unfortunate but playing with the Chinese dub this time round is a fair trade for me.

I had the same reaction last night. She's pretty fun so far.
As a side now I absolutely hate that the game stops whatever you're doing just to show the tower at the wall or an officer.

I found the game to be total shit on normal while being actually pretty fun on hard.

I've been switching to normal to clear bases and move around the map and then back to hard or chaos for missions.

The difference between fighting Lu Bu on normal vs hard is staggering, he does not fuck around.

Fighting Taishi Ci with Sun Ce was also fun as shit. Especially the first time, when a bunch of assassins join the fray.

People have shat on the open world, and that's fine. All the criticisms are valid.

That out of the way, do you find anything positive about it?
I quite like how it allows for a frontline to exist between your controlled areas and the enemy's. You can feel it move as you push forwards.

I think it's a mixed bag for me with the chinese dub. Some of them are leagues better than the japs while others are fucking shit. My biggest issues is mandarin is just fucking weird as hell to listen to, it's the most literal case of "CHING CHONG PING PONG" if you get what I mean. It's harsh on the ears. I've listened to it before cause SNK has a large chinese fanbase for games like King Of Fighters and it never normalizes for me. While the Jap dub is honestly just, forgettable by comparsion, it is atleast, decent all the way across the board, and the lip sync seems to have been made for it. No clue why people ever preferred it to the old english dub though. These guys feel like they're on fucking ambien and most of their voices don't stand out from each other, especially compared to the chinese. It's a shame the old english dub is gone.

She's so feisty

I switched it back and forth with my first boss, which was Zhang Jiao, just to see the difference. I was thinking to myself whether I should be on hard that early in the game since he was basically one shotting me, but I also wasn't doing anything but just rushing to the big missions and not high level. Eventually I beat him on hard though cause I refused to be Jim Sterling.

>Play chaos
>Do missions until Zhang Jiao is level 1
>Decide to rush in once the gates open to finish YTR quickly
>Zhang Jiao wrecks me with ease

Huh, I think Chinese sounds really great, although I don't understand a word. It's just pleasant to me.
Also immersion.

So the Chinese dub is in the files on PC, all I need to do is change the names on the folders to get that dub instead of Japanese, right?
>That's exactly what I'm doing
>Only one mission away from Zhang Jiao
Oh no

The open world isn't amazing but I don't thing it's awful either. That's hyperbole.
Pretty much everything else about the game I enjoy. The combat is fantastic and way more involved. I love the grappling hook, like the new arrows and traps even. Even the goofy bits of stealthy are kind of fun in a dumb way. I also think the open world aspect actually works really well in the actual battle portions. Also the music is absolutely fucking sick, I haven't felt this pumped playing a DW game in over a decade.

See: And:

It's not awful, it's just very ''WENG TAO CHONG SHY WEN BOW TO SHONG SEE CHY WEE POW'' Dunno how else to say it. It's like the syllables are all very short, abrupt and almost shouted out. It's like the exact opposite of spanish.