/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Dinosaur Birds Edition
>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
In the 3DS games, create or find a Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pBxNbHeTkc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so how much fun is world in mp? Is it easy to play with buddies ?

Where do I get the rare pteryx?

>not forest petryx
Come on my dude

it's shit.
the whole game is shit, you shouldn't buy it.

Same place as normal pteryx, only rarer

LBG's usually cart in my experience. I've only had 1 HBG cart on me, I guess having to think more about your positioning from awful mobility brings less shit players.

PARD

>mega bombs with LBG mines

Is SA only for patricians who have transcended the meme builds and the meme damage and enjoy such a beautiful design? and awful mechanic

Yeah listen to that guy, 99% of the posters in these generals are shills. Just leave and never come back.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES 'PARD' EVEN MEAN, YOU FUCKING LANDWHALE?

youtube.com/watch?v=pBxNbHeTkc4
Reminder that World tried to emulate this music style AND failed at it.

>When in doubt, take a bite!

>awful mechanic
Please kill yourself asap

>got two small gold crowns in the same quest

Yeah, I'm an HBG player when I'm not using SnS and I can FEEL my allies getting tense when a big dangerous attack get directed towards me, but I always get out of the way. Can't play HBG unless you know how to react to most attacks.

>switch axe
>beautifully designed
most of them look like a pair of toe-nail clippers strapped to your back

is there a better helmet for hammer than dragonking eyepatch?

it has decent def and 2 levels in weakness exploit, but i've never been good with skills. i want at least a couple levels in evasion window and handicraft

I CANT FUCKING BEAT RED EYES BLUE DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING WITH THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IVE FUCKING TIMED OUT LIKE SIX TIMES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a clumsy nickname for "partner"

>near the treetop nest in Ancient Forest
>one little birdosaur jumping from one pillar, gliding to another, climbing back up to the top of that pillar, jumping off and gliding back to the first pillar

Endemic life is the best part of World, bar none. All these neat little animals going about their day, catching them with your net and letting them loose in your room. It's fantastic.

With buddies is loads of fun, but randoms are as bad as they've ever been, considering the game's mass market appeal.
Ignore XX sour grapes like , watch footage, check out replays and webms in the thread, and draw your own conclusions whether the game is worth your time.

-ONNE...

>Is SA only for patricians

>want to play MHW more
>have a job and responsibilities
I miss being a kid.

I never have more than an hour of free time to play games during weeknights. Everything else is household chores and miscellaneous responsibilities.

Every time I pair with IG users I mistake their kinsects for endemic life and try and catch them

Kirin

SnS is the patrician weapon

No not really. I just Switch Axe because swinging wildly and explosive impalement is fun.

Is it worth fighting xeno in multi or should I just solo the 2 instances when they show up? Shit takes forever and it's mad boring

>Mounting with guns is fun. Happy they have animations too.
>LBG mines can be triggerd by the Bow's "rock rain"... looks slick.
>Stacking 3 shields on HBG feels dirty but oh-so-good
>Today Found out i was surprisingly good at Hunting horn. People actually invite me to come along.
>Its good to be playing a MH game again

I really wish I could display my unequiped kinsects in my house

Pardner, as un a southey shittass version if "partner" used by caricatures in cowboy movies.

This is the best they could come up with for "aibo"

>He can Curve the lightning bolt 5 fucking times
Why is this fair?

Correct

I hope you don't mean Kirin. 3 Carting is understandable if you're playing with randoms or you're bad, but timing out?

He literally has the lowest HP of any Elder Dragon, and considerably less than many large monsters. If you can't get in there and do damage, you either need to upgrade your gear or stop being such a pussy and GET IN THERE!

>tempered Vaal
>use GS
>three LBGs
>beat on Vaal so much it goes to sleep
>we all plant mega bombs
>the LBGs plant mines
>get the positioning right on my true charge and wake it up on the second swing
>true charge does over 1000 damage and all the bombs and mines go off simultaneously
>Vaal dies instantly
>mfw

Oldfag here
Played the very first MH on ps2 years ago (used mostly GS/hammer) and never played any other version on any other platform

Just got world last night and not sure if i should even bother learning how to use other weapons inc the transformers.
Asking because i GS and hammer still hit hard in this game but for some reason i see ALOT of people walking around with SA/charge blade esp in HR youtoob vids.

Is there something special in these new weapons that im supposed to know?

You can mount with a gun?

>used as a replacement for 'aibo'

Jesus christ it's worse than I imagined

I want to knot Legiana

new player so excuse my stupidity but how exactly does affinity work? is it worth say using a weapon with lower raw damage but with affinity?
and is making use of the elements/ailments monsters are weak to worthwhile? I don't notice any considerable difference in my hunt times.

solo is faster and you're less likely to get carted by idiots
I had two triple carts yesterday and wasted over half an hour

>FINALLY catch a downy crake
>Place it on the hearth location in the pet menu
>It sits on top of my item box and bobs up and down super cutely
This was so very worth the hours I spend looking for it. Thing is too damn adorable.

no no NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE GIANT FUCKING RED EYED DRAGON THAT SHOOTS THE FUCKING INSTANT KILL LASERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT THE fuck.....

1 Long Sword 19%
2 Great Sword 11%
3 Dual Blades 11%
4 Bow 11%
5 Charge Blade 10%
6 Hammer 7%
7 Insect Glaive 7%
8 Switch Axe 6%
9 Light Bowgun 5%
10 Heavy Bowgun 4%
11 Sword & Shield 3%
12 Gunlance 3%
13 Lance 2%
14 Hunting Horn 1%

>tfw you find out this is actually the entire pic and was not cropped

Its crit chance
Crits deal 25% more damage

So should I be using the Nerg bow against dragon-weak monsters or is the Diablos bow just too good?

I mean, yeah, if you want to savor the hunt like some man of taste.

>tfw really like hunting horn
>All the ones Designs I like have shit songs
WHy fucking why

any beginner tips? just got the game because i couldn't when it came out, I played the beta and did all four quests but is there anything i should know to help me get started?

Affinity is crit chance. A crit deals an additional 25% damage. You can do the math to figure out the rest

yes you can user, they end with head shots ... not easy but can be done. You can mount with a bow too.

>HR vale has a carvable legiana carcass in doggos lair
Spooky. Doggo will fuck up literally anything.

Kinda silly he doesn't actually have a turf war with legi, though

Are these the official ingame popularity rankings or just the Veeky Forums one.

You really woulda thought by 5th gen, a game which definitely looks for solutions to existing problems, they would have at least made it on par with the kinsect system.

>S&S 3%
>Lance 2%

Why are we so few?!

Acquire skill

>autistically play each preferred weapon for exactly 100 quests, to encourage experimentation
>start out with my main weapon, the ____Lance
>decide I will try the meme blade next because I enjoyed it in 4U
>67 Quests later, I finally decide I am not having fun
>game is reaching the endgame slog anyway, about to drop it
>help a friend with some story stuff and make a SnS for laughs
>game is fun again

I'm sorry for ignoring you for so long, SnS.

?

Not many can walk the path of light, user.

there are dozens of us.

thanks, also what would be a good place to have my affinity percentage in order to land crits semi- consistently.

>solo is faster
Was afraid of that. Thanks for the heads up

Do you mean Vaal? Because if you mean Vaal, you're terrible at the game

Is Barroth /ourguy/?

Why did she suddenly start calling me Pard at the Xeno fight and then kept calling me it since then?

Nah Radobann is

Sns scares off new players because consumables feel like an added layer of shit to manage and they'd rather not. It scares off experienced playera because the damage severely underperforms.

And gunlance exists so most players try that first.

>Getting nothing but fucking SnS/DB streamstones
DO GUNLANCE STONES EVEN EXIST?

the downside is just that you can't control the quest appearance
I bought the gem in the end

>tfw you're fighting a monster and a shadow flies over and bombs fall shortly after

They come from the First Wyverian NPC in game.

/ourguy/ is Tigrex though.

I was just arguing it wasn't even a valid abbreviation... just then I also heard Dan say it on an episode of Roseanne from all the way back in 1989. I think we've actually slipped further into the Berenstain dimension.

As high as you can get it, but 20-25% should be fine
There's a skill that increases it by up to 50% when hitting weakspots and an item that temporarilty boosts it by 50%

>playing gunlance
ISHYGDDT

i BEAT vallharak
i BEAT thwe unicorn
this is the DRAGON that SHOOTS FUKCING LASERS that you and the captain fight in supermans base!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what an embarrassing post

I got 2 gems my first carves but after 8 runs, breaking the face each time, I still haven't landed any horns to actually craft shit with.

>the damage severely underperforms.
Ouch, does it really?

Get off the computer, Juan.

He obviously means Xeno

Old MH music almost makes me tear up since all I can think about was being young,
not having responsibilities, and getting to come home and have a nice escape from reality.

YES THEY DO I GOT MY FIRST ONE TODAY AFTER 3 DAYS OF GRINDING ONLY TEMPERED EDS I NEED EXTRA FOUR NOW

Hunting horn is fun, but (most of) the designs blow.

jesus dude

So the official ones then. Great. I feel better knowing I've enjoyed the entire game using one of the most unpopular weapons.

Honestly shocked that Gunlance is more popular than regular Lance considering all the Lance memeing I've been seeing.

Could someone give me the standar set of SnS to do damage, nothing special like the fucking mushromancer or the sleepy SnS

Just SnS typical set to try the weapon and have fun what SnS use with the set too

>hes struggling with xeno

fuck you shitty bastard!!!!

>First you were the Monster Hunter
>now you are the monster which is hunted
the duality of life.....

>He doesn't want to feel like an unkillable god with a big ass boomstick
Point at him and laugh!

How much longer until HR?
I just got raped by Diablos.

SnS is highlighted in the tutorial as a super good weapon for newbies and even when you equip it the game screams out "THIS IS A GREAT WEAPON FOR NEWCOMERS" and I'm not really sure why they think that is, there's a lot of nuanced little things about it that make it feel awfully cumbersome and obtuse to use, the guard sucks, and it just doesn't put out a whole lot of damage if you're playing sub-optimally

You're pretty much right there.

Just hit the giant glowy parts when they're glowy