/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Mermaid valentine edition.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

FISH
TITTIES

It wont get deleted again. Just watch.

REAL
TITTIES

>having a fish as your valentines
but why?

I want to rub my wiener on that fish

Was Tarrey Town's location the most short sighted thing ever? There's ZERO opportunity for them to expand in the future

big mipha titties right in my face

Do the Hinox and Talus I kill before defeating Ganon count towards Kilton's medals?

Fall 2018 new Grezzo Zelda (announced E3 2018)
Spring 2020 new 3D Zelda (announced E3 2019)

OoT 3D and MM 3D ports to the Switch, all on one cart, basically those games but in HD

MM styled follow up to BotW, using as many of the same assets as possible but in a more condensed world, allowing them to focus more on dungeons and quests

Yes.
If there's a star on their health bar, it means you killed them.

yeah

>actually thinking they'll ever bring back actual dungeons after the success of botw

Does Zelda enjoy the nudes Link took of himself?

There have been rumors Grezzo are doing a spiritual sequel of Link’s Awakening with the freedom of Botw.

They’re testing unreal engine because it’s their first game on a home console

>a spiritual sequel of Link's Awakening

Kind of like how a Link Between Worlds was to a Link to the Past?

>With the death of the 3DS and the Switch being a home console/potrable hybrid, we’ll get a console Zelda every two years from now

This is a dream.

You mean they’ll ruin it?

Yes, she sets her favorites as the background on her personal pocket-sized Slate

Nice dude

>not knowing the biggest criticisms of BotW are the lack of dungeons

They will come back

Uh, I think you'll find that the #1 complaint is lack of dating sim elements. And since Nintendo is a slave to public opinion, they starting hiring eroge writers months ago.

Dating systems have been implemented in every game since OOT. Hylia deletes them every time, though.

DEATH TO THE FALSE GODDESS

Botw already has them testing waters with the pedo bait Zora sidequest

They're gonna pull a Majora's Mask so they can get the next 3D Zelda out by 2019. I almost expect it to be BOTW: Lorule Edition, the map is the same but recolored and remixed.

>OoT 3D and MM 3D ports to the Switch, all on one cart, basically those games but in HD

Sounds good to me but my gut tells me that there will never be any 3DS ports as long as that little money milker is still making money.

>more condensed world, allowing them to focus more on dungeons and quests

Bzzzt, wrong. Open air is the rightful future of Zelda. And dungeons and quests and open worlds don't have to be mutually exclusive. BOTW is just a "babby steps" kind of game, i'm assuring you right now that the next Zelda will have better dungeon quests.

Was it confirmed that it's for a home console?

I'd fucking love for this to be true, but my gut says that it'll be another 3DS game. Smaller scale Zeldas seemed to have been banished to handheld exclusivity forever, and unfortunately, the 3DS still makes enough money to justify developing for it.

They can expand outside of the island. And their options are limited if they only allow people whose names end in -son to work there.

Did anyone else think th voicelines post light rematches for Mipha sound actually pretty good compared to almost everything else she said?

Dungeons never left. Divine Beasts are just very bare dungeons.

The next game's dungeons will probably be like the DLC dungeon. It is a building rather than a mechanical monster, and It doesn't pad out the experience with locks and keys, thank god, instead the whole dungeon itself is one big puzzle that you need to complete to unlock the boss room.

The only thing from traditional dungeons I really want back is unique aesthetics, enemies, and mini bosses. Fuck the lock and key style dungeons, those aren't even a little bit fun.

The VA probably heard people talking shit about her performance and wanted to make sure people would hire her after this. She and Zelda were really the only ones I've heard major complaints about.

I'm ready to explore Lorule

>They're gonna pull a Majora's Mask so they can get the next 3D Zelda out by 2019

In terms of engine yet, in terms of setting no. We’ll get new incarnations of Link and Zelda.

>BOTW 2 announced
>It will release mid 2019
>The trade off for it arriving so soon after BOTW is that the map is largely the same, but it's been given a Lorule/Dark World reskin, talking, bomb spitting trees and all
>Shrines and Divine Beasts are back, but they're completely different, they succeeded in defeating Calamity Yuganon, but the champions themselves decided that they would use the divine beasts for their own selfish desieres, you fight the disgraced Champions as bosses
>Hilda and Ravio return but are different from the ones in ALBW

Good thing or bad thing?
How'd you react?

I don't see any reason to assume that. They're not above using the same incarnation once in a while, and with BOTW being as popular in Japan as it is, I feel like they'd absolutely want to take advantage of that and use those characters again.

Bad. I want a thriving hyrule, not the same map again
Although I'd like it if not-castle town was at least restored

Sounds great, preordered

Kass better get an amiibo

Kass won't be in the game. He might get a Lorule counterpart.

>Lorule version of BOTW
>Castle Town actually avoided the Calamity and is not only still standing, but expanded outward into Lorule Field

>Barely any ruins because everything is still standing

It would be ironic if Lorule was in its golden age while Hyrule lies in ruins

Almost every 3D Zelda has different incarnations and it’s kind of a gimmick of the series. Botw being popular is because of the forumula. Nintendo will most likely use new Link and Zelda, new chatacters and a new villain with Botw graphics to keep it familiar enough.

But no, the DLC gave Botw closure, time for a new adventure. Heck, Botw and SD have the most conclusive endings.

>Kass
>Ssak
>Since he's supposed to be the opposite he's a Raven Rito that plays the electric guitar

>SD

I mean SS

Oh shit, that I could go for.
I'd rather it was Hyrule that was restored post BotW, but beggars can't be choosers

The real magic to hyrule during botw is how much of a "wasteland" it is with very little huge ass cities.

I dont think it'd change over night but I think it'd be a big mistake if the inevitable sequel to BoTW included a massive city-like civilization as a result of calamity ganon being stopped.

I'm not discounting the idea that it could be a new Link and Zelda, though if that's the case, I don't expect a new villain. I expect Ganon again, this time fully ressurected. They typically save new villains for the sequels. They'd also probably change the graphics, since that seems to be the gimmick, to change art styles depending on the era.

I'm just saying it's not impossible. As for the closure, they don't have to continue the BOTW storyline. Majora's Mask didn't continue the story of Ocarina of Time. Link's Awakening didn't continue the story of ALTTP. And to be honest, the sequels often have better stories since they're free of the whole Ganon/Zelda/Triforce baggage anyway.

well, it wasn't the destroyed wasteland I was hoping for from the trailers either, more like that "life after people" documentary...except with people...dumb ones who constantly want me to do fetch quests
but it did feel lonely at times so I'll give it that

When I first played WW, like everyone, seeing Hyrule Castle underwater surrounded by fields I wanted to explore it.
BotW gave us half of that fantasy

I'd be okay with a side game that took place 10,000 years ago, when the Shiekah Ancient Technology was at it's peak.

Honestly seeing more of the other races as travelers would have been kinda nice. The amount of times you see travellers on the road is fine as it is but pulling over to find a Gerudo or a Rito having some lunch as opposed to the 80th hylian in a row would help.

mmm, mmm, mmm. Me too.

>meet Goron Traveler
>it's actually four Yiga rolled up into a ball

Okay thats funny.

that would be funny exactly once but then i would forever be suspicious of my rock eating bros

Why do so many Zelda games have the Bow be so integral to beating Ganon?

Damn that would be good, maybe saying they prefer Bananas instead of Rocks would be the give away

Because before the Master Sword became the only thing that could kill Ganon, it was the Silver Arrow. Silver Arrows obviously became the light arrows in future games.

>My favorite food? Well...they're yellow, sweet, and grow in bunches...you know what I'm talking about, right? Rocks!

>Yum, me too!
>Er, that sounds like bananas...

because it's Heroic and gives Zelda a way to help out

Why is the Fierce Deity so beloved? I remember hearing about him non stop when I was a kid, so I was really looking forward to unlocking him in MM.
When I finally got to play as him for a total of five minutes that the game allows you, I realized that it was just adult Link with a hecking epic anime version of the Biggoron Sword. It's a fun reward but when I think about Majora's Mask, the Fierce Deity is on the lower end of memorable moments.

But half the time it’s on her. Zelda is a dummy even with the Triforce.

The white eyes, white hair and black armor appeals to edgelords

Because even though it was a very situational thing it still stuck with edgelords who played the game in middle school.

I thought it was cool even though I didn't play MM for several years. These days I think it's overrated, but i get why it's liked.

The description saying it had even darker powers than Majora and the lack of any kind of backstory about it other than the non-canon manga makes it perfect for headcanoning and making fanfictions about it.

I always preferred its design for a "Dark Link" than the actual Dark Link one.

The manga has the Sheikah having a tear on their symbol as a betrayal of the Royal Family.In the backstory of Botw, the Royal family turns against the Sheikah. Coincidence?

Probably.

>the Royal family turns against the Sheikah
What? Where does it say that?

Nice OP guys, hope you're having a nice day.

The Yiga are the result of the Sheikah being turned into a scapegoat for their technology. Some Sheikah felt betrayed and turned against Hyrule

Sorry, but no. The freedom of no longer being restricted by steep inclines and rivers alongside rock, sand and snow cannot be beat. I am free.

Well aside from having to chop down trees for fuel now.

I'm free.

>sand

user... i'm sorry but...

So the "Zero" in Master Cycle Zero is to denote that it's actually inferior to the actual Master Cycle right?

>Master Cycle has a built in paraglider
>Master Cycle can run underwater
>Master Cycle has anti-gravity so it can go up vertical surfaces

All these lost features would have been perfect for BOTW, especially the built in glider.

forgot pic.

Hey kid, wanna join the Yiga Clan?

What's yer offer?

For it to not be a coincidence BoTW has to take place before OoT.

Ancient Arrow all Yiga scum!

Zero for Zero Fucks Given
The monk gave you the janky-ass prototype as a final prank

That's not how coincidences work

Please never reply to me again unless you agree with me. You have been warned.

I could only accept goron and rito "travelers" if the disguises were comically terrible.

How about the hatted Gorons from WW?

No user.

Why is she so beta?

because she's only hot for Link's body

I totally forgot about those. Bring back hats

She's the only champion that didn't even try to have a decent voice.

She's only a few decades old, give her a break

They shouldn't have had Zelda or Mipha speak in fake accents. Not only does it sound horribly forced, but it's not consistent with the rest of Hyrule.