/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #739

''Field trip'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − 06 March 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0
youtube.com/watch?v=2aSC1kY30uI

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14976466
strawpoll.me/14976478
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14890728
strawpoll.me/14944314

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=QrgD4FQC0aU
youtube.com/watch?v=Wq20K_GaFR4
youtube.com/watch?v=AblqYOVr4Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=PPcds3jOhRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SiO_7LhPZFM
youtu.be/YgSPaXgAdzE
youtube.com/watch?v=AxraUvHlfJk
youtube.com/watch?v=Bg59q4puhmg
youtube.com/watch?v=wc7IBblVGAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xjnksy9cPH4
youtube.com/watch?v=Oq3pDuJeMqQ
twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/961285886578253825
youtu.be/BPfkK7bcyfE
twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/963731546908905474
archiveofourown.org/works/13679406
open.spotify.com/user/21f5hz2dct5qqqcv2ac7cmcqq/playlist/5pqL66jtGPcFj91pOMQYt8?si=EIPns_26TtS7-34Byecadg
open.spotify.com/user/tomorrowheart/playlist/2cC8xKFYiQqnYvU39AboXy?si=uykbkbz3SSqxGt9QxdFFnA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

7 days until the trailer. 18 days until Farewell.

Chloe is #1

Always kiss the Price.

Always kiss the Price.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

weedlord hannah wants you to say yes to drugs

So where will Max and Chloe take a field trip to first? I’m assuming after the events of episode 5 they would probably go to Seattle for Max’s parents. But I’m sure they will take a trip in Chloe’s truck somewhere, so where to first? Maybe to SF to visit the art gallery?

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Best girl!

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Max and Chloe forever.

FOREVER (and ever)

Well if Hannah says it's okay...

Yeah!

Hey lads, here are new infos about Farewell,from what we've heard they are still making small touches to ending montage to present things right.

-Daughter covered Max and Chloe OST. They will possibly reveal this with song announcement (they had some issues with this though hence why they remain silent) Anyway, Farewell will also include OST tracks aswell.

-Episode will be 1h+ there are many things to show

-DnD,hide and seek, side activities with M+C, Bongo.Just like in Left Behind game

-Chloe and Max know each other since they were very little

-There will be a lots of flashbacks via interacting with one object/photo etc. are gonna see development of their relationship over the years ; wine session eg .. they are gonna show how they met with each other and we ll observe every single detail between them.We'll see Ryan and Vanessa too and we can also interact with them. (they hired VA for them too) That famous treefort's building will be shown
-They will subtly hint Chloe's crush on Max

-We'll see bongo,William etc. Cemetery scene for William will be shown during the ending montage.

-Black flies will start to play after Max leaves with her parents in a car (she says goodbye to Chloe and Chloe breaksdown right there)

-We will see the part explicitly where Max was trying to explain that they are gonna move into Seattle.After William's funeral

1/2

-At the ending montage where they will show the following years of Farewell they will show many paralels between Max and Chloe We will see Max was also having breakdowns/problems,her urge to call Chloe back yet she can't do it. Montage's main point is to show how they are not good without each other.So nope, they will not present Max as "bad" as you afraid.
+++During montage you will see many emotional moments, ending will turn around Max and Chloe obviously. But nearby the end they won't forget to show Rachel too. For example, this letter in junkyard was her farewell and she will type something yet she will throw it to trash can. Then Rachel will disappear for forever since it leds her to her death

-Farewell Episode WILL NOT be Season 1's epilogue. Mini epilogue will be a seperate game that will tie everything up.

2/2

I don't mind Rachel being in it for a few seconds, but I'm kind of offended that they're giving Rachel her own "farewell" thing.

best girl!

A cute!

No one cares about the worst girl
Imagine being worst girl in a series with Courtney and Alyssa

I care about Rachel. So do many in the fanbase and community. Chloe does as well.
Why on earth does that OFFEND you?

I do think it will only be a few seconds she appears. If they're going to show some of Chloe's happy moments though then they should also show Max's in Seattle.

She's a boring Mary sue who does more harm than good to Chloe and everyone around her

This was supposed to be Max and Chloe's episode, but oh no, D9 has to shove Rachel into everything. Even the "farewell" theme isn't really about Max and Chloe anymore - they just had to work Rachel into it too.

>starts forest fire
>manipulative
>”Mary sue”

>starts it with her inexplicable powers
>makes everyone like her somehow
Yes, Mary sue

Lad.. I get your concern however I've already told you that there is a reason why this game is being called as "Farewell"
Of course 98% of the game will turn around Max and Chloe's relationship. Showing Rachel while she was typing letter to Chloe at the junkyard, was also to show Chloe's being lonely again; I've already told you that they will show both of Max and Chloe's breakdowns.Showing Rachel at the end for a brief second will not take the point away from the story. --This scene still may get changed or even cut. But at this circumtance, it is never meant to ruin Max and Chloe's montage. It actually adds more emotional moment especially from Chloe's side.

Remember, there were many implications in first game that Rachel was catalyzor of this reunion, like how did they point out they owe Rachel's (spirit) for all of that. So take those things to consider while you were talking about this. Yes, Rachel made mistakes, but don't see her as 100% bad or act like she never cared about Chloe.

One should bear in mind that both Max and Rachel made impact on Chloe's life.

i mean, it is not that I hate Rachel imo but showing her is kinda desperately seeking for tearjerker moment again while this chapter was dedicated on max and chloe.

however, you are right. both max and rachel made great impact on chloe's life;

-one gave her hope and she was her painkiller (Rachel)

-one healed her and she was her medicine (Max)

Truth. If they show a little bit of Rachel then it's only to explain what she did for Chloe during that tough time.

>Farewell Episode WILL NOT be Season 1's epilogue. Mini epilogue will be a seperate game that will tie everything up.
Fake

>boring Mary sue

Lol. Good Lord. Rachel is not a Mary sue and definitely not boring. She's a troubled teenage girl who made stupid mistakes and overestimated herself. Chloe still cared and started she loved Rachel in front of Max and Frank despite finding out what she did.
It's going to be a five second scene with Rachel in it. It doesnt affect the rest of the fucking game. Relax buddy. Jesus Christ you pricefielders can be very cringy.

Sounds like Rachel so I'm not sure what you were trying to do

Cringe.

Calm down legion. Don't be jealous.

If it show Rachel's farewell to Chloe i don't see any problem.

No need to be threatened by Rachel. She's one of Chloe's best friends and even if she survived, wouldn't have stopped Chloe and Max from getting together. Because Chloe wants to see Rachel happy, and vice versa, but they both ultimately had different ideas of happiness.

So this montage is gonna show Max and Chloe's lives from Will's death to the beginning of s1?

Chloe would never hook up with Max if Rachel was alive

Yeah she would since Rachel would be off in LA alone having older boyfriends.

Does it matter though? Rachel is dead. Good riddance

Do you really think Rachel is a flawless character despite all of the bad shit she’s done? “Mary Sue” doesn’t mean that the other characters in the universe like her what the hell. With that logic any typical cheerleader character in a high school movie is also a Mary Sue.

There’s like actual criticisms you can give Rachel, not just random trope names that you heard on the internet before and never bothered to look up what they actually mean.

Max and Chloe would've probably reunited without Rachel being missing too, but it would've taken way longer cos Max is a guilty nerd.

Alright, that's fair.

(You)

Rachel and Chloe would have been long gone (for better or worse) before Max had the courage to finally say hi to Chloe.

Sincere question for anyone to chime in, do you think that Chloe would get expelled from Blackwell if Rachel wasn’t there? I know she says she probably wouldn’t have lasted until senior year anyway, but I think it’s possible that she wouldn’t do anything extreme enough to get her expelled if no one was enabling her.

Imagine Max seeing Chloe in one of her classes at her first day of Blackwell

Rachel would've left without Chloe. Their friendship was wearing her down anyway.

I think she still would get expelled. Teenage rebellion wasn't Rachel's fault, as the photo montage from episode 4 shows.

playlist lad her back again,
So we got both Kate and Max's playlist done!
So we moving onto Chole!
For these songs, I was thinking songs that are just generally angry and sad. SAD!
I've already put some stuff down I think fits her but I can take it off if you lads don't agree with them.
I'd want to hear your guys suggestions because I was hoping for this to be a kind of general approved list!
Basically any song you think fits Chole with lryics or theme. Even a song you think she'd like!

Sowing season- brand new
Wake Me Up When September Ends- Green Day
No below- speeding ortiz
Snowing- Sam Rudich
smells like teen spirt- nirvana
Cleric Girl- Sisyfuss
cigertes and alcohal- oasis
The Weight- Thrice
The World Has Turned And Left Me Here - Weezer
Bikini kill - Rebel Girl
Cherry Bomb- The Runaways

Rihanna>>>>>>>>>>>>trashly.

Daily reminder that legion owns this thread

>Sowing Season
Excellent choice there

youtube.com/watch?v=QrgD4FQC0aU

Chloe's vivid dreams
youtube.com/watch?v=Wq20K_GaFR4

Maybe alexisonfire? I think .44 Caliber Love Letter fits lyrics wise for her, though honestly it's not one of the songs from them I really love: youtube.com/watch?v=AblqYOVr4Ug

I like This Could Be Anywhere in the World better: youtube.com/watch?v=PPcds3jOhRQ

lol of course I post after someone recs City and Colour.

Anyway, we need more female vocals for Chloe for sure. Maybe stuff from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Metric? Garbage or the Cranberries?
Idk.

youtube.com/watch?v=SiO_7LhPZFM

youtu.be/YgSPaXgAdzE

youtube.com/watch?v=AxraUvHlfJk

I don't know if you can hear me over this
I don't know if you can hear the sound
I don't know if you're aware of what's happening
I don't know if you should stick around

It's so perfect with a perfect kiss from your lips
It's so perfect with a loving embrace
You can't fuck with the way of nature
Everything is falling into place

You know what you have done
Welcome oblivion
And this has just begun
Welcome oblivion

All the flashing lights take over
All the pretty little dots make tracks
Leading you to your place of deliverance
And never look at what's behind the fear

You know what you have done
Welcome oblivion
And this has just begun
Welcome oblivion

And I am not afraid
And I am not afraid
And I am not afraid...
...And I am not afraid...

youtube.com/watch?v=Bg59q4puhmg

youtube.com/watch?v=wc7IBblVGAQ

youtube.com/watch?v=xjnksy9cPH4

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq3pDuJeMqQ

What did he mean by this?

twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/961285886578253825

youtu.be/BPfkK7bcyfE

Trololololo

April 18th?

Luc is silly.
twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/963731546908905474

>I'm a metal bassist

Thanks for all the effort guys!
Who do you think we should do after this?
I was considering doing rachel but i'm not sure, considering she'd have very similar taste/theme/angst to chole

Just recently started listening to them and instantly taught that song when i got onto this playlist

Definitly seems like something chole would listen to!
Great pick lad

Very different from my tastes but i could totally see bts Chloe listen to this and season 1 chole look back on this with nostalgia
After looking at the lyrics, Ill say the 44 Caliber Love Letter do fit her better desu

>Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Metric? Garbage or the Cranberries?
Ill definitally check them out user!
We could allways use more female vocals for sure

Nice, i was thinking my list was to angry and not enough sad!
Thanks!

Nice!
Defintally could fit a slacker vibe for chole!

While i like the lyrics, i find the sound way to electronic/metallic, Idk

>Not sk8 boi
user pls
but we definitely could use upbeat songs on the list!

hmm im torn on this one, I like it but im not sure.. its hard to put my finger on it..
I'll add to the list anyway

the first one definitely could be used as a finisher
well one of the finishers

I like it!
Seems something that choel could listen to before david could come in and tell her to turn it down

Let's do literally anyone other than Rachel.

archiveofourown.org/works/13679406

Don't mind me, just posting kino

Can someone link the Max playlist?

Who do you hope for us to do?

Do Warren

I have to admit, its not great on my part.
I really rushed through it
We could do it again sometime.
open.spotify.com/user/21f5hz2dct5qqqcv2ac7cmcqq/playlist/5pqL66jtGPcFj91pOMQYt8?si=EIPns_26TtS7-34Byecadg

I could definitely do warren but im not sure what kinda music he'd be into.
Maybe math rock?

I posted this a few threads back. Not sure if anyone else agrees but whatever.

I think these fit Max very well, you did a good job.

Which LiS character would like metal the most? My guesses would be either Warren or Nathan.

your autism has reached a new level when you are finding and thinking about music that fictional characters may or may not enjoy

Fuck off Bongo

There's a reason why you're dead Bongo

This is so cool that you're doing these! I hope this doesn't steal any thunder, but I made a Chloe playlist as well that's sort of supposed to encapsulate the three years between BtS and S1. It could maybe give some inspiration?
open.spotify.com/user/tomorrowheart/playlist/2cC8xKFYiQqnYvU39AboXy?si=uykbkbz3SSqxGt9QxdFFnA

>Dandelion Hands - I Like You
Max to the max

>Implying Bongo didn't enjoy smooth jazz and the country stuff William listened to

>bongo had prophetic visions about rachel being a whoreslut and got ran over by a car before she could warn chloe

i bet rachel "paid" the trucker to take out poor kitty

I could use the offspring but it really depends on what the the thread says'
I'm not sure about flogging molly, I get a uncanny valley accent

Thanks user!
But it was a group effort

probably Alyssa

I'll become more powerful then you can imagine bongo

Well any help is good help!
I'll definitely listen to it! I love listening to different musics so this is one of the ways to do that.

;P

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay.

You uploaded the wrong picture *and* you're almost 100 posts late? Weak.

Video game soundtracks

i want to lick the max!

Where?

Only Chloe gets to do that

I think Victoria would be the most different