/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 16th of February:
116 – Emperor Trajan sends laureatae to the Roman Senate at Rome on account of his victories and being conqueror of Parthia.
1798 – The Roman Republic is proclaimed after Louis-Alexandre Berthier, a general of Napoleon, had invaded the city of Rome five days earlier.
1862 – American Civil War: General Ulysses S. Grant captures Fort Donelson, Tennessee.
1959 – Fidel Castro becomes Premier of Cuba after dictator Fulgencio Batista was overthrown on January 1.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[EU4] - /gsg/ & taxes 0.32
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HrpESgGP4Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=mmg7XjnQots
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AFPG is cute...

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

omg

Following the treachery of the HRE electors, the government of Ulm has decided to set upon the course of uniting the Germanic people under a new banner. First, they shall integrate the people of Cleves and Saxony before fighting the Emperor in an attempt to liberate the Bohemians. The future is bright for Ulm, but shall their Germany be one of Influence, Quality or Trade?

Generally open to suggestions for the last idea.
It's a bit ironic that in trying to form a nice Germany that I'd end up inheriting Aragon thus actually being an Empire and not simply >HRE.

*teleports behind u*
heh, not so fast

random country roll go
>Afghanistan
shit. Any suggestions on a ck2 run with Afghanistan

I've yet to try Zunists

bit off more than you can choose eh, i told you it was gonna suck.

all clipper transports

Zun can be fun.

i don't exactly have Charlemagne.

>not being a pedophile

So take a minute and get it

alright but this better be fun.
you want me to be a zoroastrian?

You could try a Jain Persia if you have the Old Gods, otherwise I'm not sure if there's anything of interest there until the Mongols arrive.

The Das Reich division is the most forward division of the entire front, the battle to get to the suburbs of Moscow has begun and within a few days to a week German units should be on the outskirts of the city itself and will be shoring up positions for the battle of the famous city itself.

>fun
If you haven't done a Zoroastrian run yet, you should know it's like one of those but harder.

Ok so Zun
vanilla, HIP, or ck2+

gonna try out DH's New World Order 2 mod
might do an AAR nibBas

Mistakes. Were. Made. Where did he pull that lot from?!

im guessing anyone who can declare a holy war wants a piece of my ass?

CK2+, HIP doesn't even have the Charlemagne start

No I want you to pirate Jewhan DLCs

Anyway there is like 2 counts in the Kashmir (I think? somewhere in the north of Afghanistan) who are zoroastrians and related to the Sassanids, you could do a zoro restoration from there. They are in SWMH at least not sure for vanilla

let me finish installing and then ima start and see where i can take Afghanistan

Yep, you need to rely on expanding into terrain which will cripple your enemies with attrition so long as you have the Pagan Homeland bonus. If you're lucky, the Indians won't try to start shit too often.

In army group north, in Berezino and Pskov 250,000 Soviet troops that were destined to defend in and around Leningrad are encircled. Opening the road to Leningrad for AG North.

Where to pre-order Victoria III..?

>afghan Buddhists
Well you learn something new every day. Too bad Buddhists suck.
Time to make Afghanistan great again.

right... HERE
*grabs crotch*

>Time to make Afghanistan great again.
youtube.com/watch?v=HrpESgGP4Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=mmg7XjnQots

I was not prepared, either for this engagement or for the sheer level of support Imram is able to call upon! My forces were set upon almost the instant we came ashore, aiming to reinforce my allied forces besieging Liubice. In addition to our lack of preparedness, the Polish forces field more heavily-armoured troops and vastly more cavalry. I'll be honest... I don't like our odds for this battle. Add to that, my scouts report another 1700 Polish troops are approaching down the coast! How in the name of the gods can he call upon so much, from so fractured a realm?!

*muffled call to the internationale*

*muffled campaignposting*

Gonna have to watch that sometime.
Emperor likes zunists you say?
I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.
Married off one of my sons to the princess of nepal too. So that's nice.

>tfw women still have 100 opinion of me after I rape them

Just like real life.

Suggest good nations for a two person Eu4 game please

Cooperative or competitive? That makes all the difference.

Uninstall.exe

VORWÄRTS
VORWÄRTS
VORWÄRTS NACH OSTEN

China and Austria. Reform to HRE see if you can meet in the middle.

the best gs game there is.

WHO ELSE WANTS SOME?! I still stand, you dickless sons of whores and dogs! Do your hear your wives weeping for they shall soon be widows?! Do you hear the roar of the flames that come for your houses?! Do you yet feel the cold earth rise up to embrace you?! I have come from the sea and I will send each and every one of you cowards to your deaths! We shall heap a mountain of your corpses and offer it to Glad-o-war the one-eye! The ravens shall grow fat on your flesh and wolves shall stalk your land! RUN, you cowards, for a viking queen stalks your lands and brings DEATH in her wake!

It would be coop, and difficulty doesn't really matter

pleb4 is just a mana management game

Well, this might help solve the Aragon Question. Shame that the influence ideas won't come in time to help too much, but at least they'll be Protestant if they break free.
Bloody Austria is attacking Bavaria, can't wait to remove their Lucky Nation by the end of the game.

is it morally right to expel based jews for small monetary gain

oh joy the Abbasid's called a jihad this should be fun. Right when i was conquering my neighboring afghan Buddhist this should be fun.

I guess it also depends on roughly where you want to play. Do you have any ideas?

With a major panzer force the drive around Leningrad is in full swing, the main objective is the oddly named area of Schlisselburg. With the help of our new Finnish allies, when we take this area it will completely cut off Leningrad. The key to success here is swiftness, not allowing the Soviets to funnel men into the area and turn Leningrad into a fortress city.

why does this happen every single game

Portugal and England, best of allies and as humans you can keep it somewhat historical.

We've done Europe and India a couple times so maybe something in Africa, Middle East or Americas, but its hard to think of something that would combo well together in those regions without coming into instant conflict.

>Americas
mayas/aztecs and incas, one gets south america the other north america
>Middle East
i don't know the nations but one picks one in mesopotamia/levant and the other in persia, so one can go east and the other west while still starting relatively close

but iwg

Okay this is fucking retarded. I see off one monster army and it's back in a matter of days with even MORE troops. I check how and apparently he's somehow managed to spawn over five thousand event troops through some fucking sorcery or something. What the fuck is this shit? Even raising the tribal army only gets you 2500!

HPM totally fucked up the late game RGOs. Iron is also scarce

Yeah the Aztec/Maya one sounds good actually. Thanks user.

You could co-op Muscowy->Russia and Byzantium for an Orthodox megagame. Could also have one play as Arabia and another play as Timurids and create zones of control. For Africa I guess a Mamluks/Morocco game might be interesting, but sub-Saharan nations are far too spread out to be cooperative.

GROßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß

We already did Muscovy and Kiev which was good, I was thinking that a good game might be Kilwa and Songhai or something like that, to split africa east/west ways.

CK2+ is better for all meme runs

>install twlight of the gods mod
>enable nobles right to deflower maidins
>can do this to my own 12 year old daughter
>expect her to hate it
>she is now my lover

fucking wew.

Another encirclement of a 130,000 men near the city of Tula, mopping up more demoralized conscripts and naval infantry.

>2017
and why do fuckers that play in west africa always blob and get shit borders

The front of AG Centre has turned into a complete mess, the marshes near Homel are allowing thousands of Soviet troops to safely stick behind the German lines and tie up many troops. Further east the front is a disaster, Soviet troops are filling all the gaps left by the piecemeal German advance. The 30th Infantry division has even managed to get completely surrounded and is in danger of being destroyed.

depends on the country you play. The Massina -> Toucouleur Empire game is a must-blob game. "African Minor" is an accepted culture, so are a fuckton of other cultures. Aesthetic borders are difficult, when various great powers fuck around in Africa and colonize shit

Should I play the ck2 mod for game of thrones or the one for warhammer?

I never thought I would find myself hiring Irish Christians to fight my wars for me, but right now I'll take any help I can get, especially when my former allies in the Sami Band are working for my enemies now! I'll take all the help I can get, especially when that help comes with two hundred heavy infantry and light cavalry, to say nothing of 1500 additional troops. I only hope they make it to Sjaelland before the Poles attempt a crossing!

both run like shit, when your CPU isn't top-notch, but the Warhammer mod has more content.

Start with the feudal Norscan ruler at the Southwester tip of Norscan. Console change the religion to Ursunite or Ulrican, feudalize Norscan and kill all heretics

>turning to the catholics
its a sign from God telling you to abandon your heathen ways

Wait, I thought for sure the game of thrones mod would have more content. Guess I just thought that because more people play/talk about it.

But what if I wanna be chaos?

Yes. 4th crusade start date. Pretty comfy and fun. Gonna inherit epirus soon and make bogomilist Byzantium.

>this artwork
we

also is there a book of grudges mechanic?

the GoT mod contains more lore, more stuff to look at. Gameplaywise, the Warhammer mod has more to offer

I never play with Dwarves, but afaik there must be a book of grudges mechanic for Dwarves and Norse Dwarves

Huh, that's really cool. I know you can do magic and shit in warhammer and get mutated an shit

The front as of the beginning of September, German troops are all around Moscow but it is still deeply in Soviet hands and not encircled. The Germans are going to be hard pressed to take it before winter fully comes. The struggle in the south and centre is still high, units not making much progress at all since the initial phases of the invasion. It is critical that the Germans clean up this part of the front and make more permanent defensive lines when winter hits.

The LSSAH is my waifu

>winning even a single battle with a supply AND fuel deficit at the same time, let alone in fucking BI with 88% officers at that

quality cheating bro

compared to real life you're doing pretty well, certainly in the thrust to moscow

If you have 88% officers as Germany there's a bug where it actually reads it as 1488 and gives you insane bonuses.

Why does the AI even bother attacking when they're fewer in numbers and get fucked by the terrain? Even while they're winning the war? God damn, I hate Paradox.

Go back to sucking your pope's dick, southerner.

Well the Irish were a waste of money... I can see how this war is going to go already. I have no idea how Imram the Fat was able to pull so many men out of his arse, but Sudermannia is not worth what it would cost in lives and gold to take it. I feel I could still win this war, but what would it gain me that I cannot get by less direct means? It simply makes the most sense to agree to a white peace and begin steps elsewhere. If I can keep his lands burning through raids, gather allies against him, or provoke rebellion or a fragmenting of his realm, then I may stand a better chance another time, but until then, this fighting will simply bleed me white for little return.

What ideas do you all have? What would be the best way to fracture his realm? He only has a single son, so simply killing him and letting them squabble over the pieces won't be enough.

Gonna make a new HiP game soon (hopefully sunday) and these are the mods I would like to use. Thoughts? any recommendations? Anyone can come even if you did not make it to the other online games.

>abusing a bug
not cheating
>1488
you cheeky fucker

>What are the Italians in WWI

The problem is the AI always does this in CK2, Italian or not. Everyone knows Italy can't into warfare

>No Lost Content
>No Normal Retreat
>No Vassal Kings Are Dumb
3/10

The struggle in the Baltics continues, the Soviets are putting up stiff resistance in Lativa and Estonia. Bottling up much needed German troops. The Kriegsmarine is combing the Baltic for any Soviet convoys that try to breakthrough to Riga and Tallinn. Even main surface fleets are coming out into the Baltic as the Red Fleet is decimated and the allied fleets cannot get into the Baltic Sea.

That is a supply network bug, it dumps all your fuel and supplies into the network only to give it back a month or so later as supplies come back into your capital. I have plenty of fuel and supplies. The officers are being dealt with, lots of leadership to train more. I am not winning every battle not by a long shot, you even point this out in your very post. How could i go from almost 110% officers in June of 41 to 88%, by taking massive losses.

I forgot to add in lost content and I forgot HiP does not have normal retreat. But what is vassal kings are dumb?

>someone is unironically posting a fucking ulm game

i think he did it too spite someone else

>tfw using 7zip and notepad ++ to tag switch in ironman games
Who else /autist/ here?