Anybody had this shit with Kraken?

I've been trying to buy ETH on Kraken for the past 5 or so days.

I've just received this reply from Kraken. Apparently, as I didn't include the word "kraken.com" at the end of my reference field when I made the Euro payment to them from my bank account, which I was unable to do because I only had just enough characters in my reference field to fit the ID number that Kraken assigned to me (and thats's even after deleting all the spaces), I will now need to get Tier 3 verified.

For those of you unfamiliar with the verification tiers of Kraken, basically the higher tier you are, the more Kraken allows you to do with them in terms of how much money you can put in and out per month.

Tier 1 - You must give your full name, date of birth, phone number and your country
Tier 2 - All the above plus your home address

I only wanted to get Tier 2 clearance because getting Tier 2 clearance is enough personal information as it is and gives me all the access I need.

I then got the message in pic related from Kraken after I asked them why my deposit was on hold. Apparently, despite the fact that the name on my Kraken account is the same as on my bank account, despite the fact that the Kraken ID number I put in the reference field of my bank payment perfectly matches with the Kraken ID on my account, despite the fact that I entered the exact and correct bank information for my money to even get to Kraken's bank account, and despite the fact that I actually DID mention the company name "Kraken" as the name of the payee when I made the payment, they STILL want me to pass Tier 3 verification so I can get my deposit into my Kraken account, all because it was not possible to put "kraken.com" in the payment reference field even after deleting every possible non-essential letter, character or space.

And what is Tier 3 clearance? See the link below:

support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/204061056-What-is-an-ID-confirmation-photo-

Other urls found in this thread:

support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/204061056-What-is-an-ID-confirmation-photo-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I not only have to sent them a utility bill as proof of address and a government ID like my passport...

I will ALSO have to send them a picture of myself, holding my passport up next to my face, as well as a HANDWRITTEN note that reads "only for trading digital currency on kraken.com", AND a date, AND a signature.

What the absolute fuck? Government ID? Fine. Utility bill? Okay, sometimes I have to do that to get a job. But holding up my fucking documents to my fucking face with a fucking handwritten note for them to save onto their servers? And I have to do all this because I didn't (because I couldn't) type "kraken.com" in the reference field when I made my payment, apparently.

They've got me by the fucking balls. I've already sent my money, fuck knows how difficult it will to be refunded if I wanted that. This is the shit I fucking hate about banks and so many other institutions. This kind of intrusion is what I wanted to avoid with Kraken. I hate this "if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear" mentality. I want to be left the fuck alone.

This is the great thing about cryptocurrencies. Once you've got some, that's it. It's easy to remain anonymous, none of this intrusive shit. I'm still going to get Tier 3 verification. I'm not missing a great opportunity to get in early and make money off of crypto, as well as finally having the ability to transact without having some bank or institution or government watching my every move.

I have high hopes for all of these technologies, particularly Ethereum. Even if Ethereum fails, the idea is out there now, a decentralized network with no more middlemen, no more cartels and monopolies and disgustingly rich and exploitative companies. Once I'm no longer a no-coiner, I'll never go back.

I find this very distressing, awaiting verification for tier2 atm
Are you perhaps from one of the countries for which producing an ID is a requirement by Kraken? (I'm not)

You were supposed to put it in the Payee reference. Not your own reference.

How much did you deposit? With tier 2 you can only deposit under 2,000 USD. Your location may also be a problem.

Kraken has been under heavy load and having problems recently, so I wouldn't blame them for holding payments from unverified accounts right now. You see, most sites will require a passport or such before you can do ANYTHING.

Why don't you just follow what the e-mail says? An exchange holding currency like this needs your ID to prevent fraud.

I'm in the UK and a citizen, you don't need Tier 3 verification as a Briton but you do need Tier 3 verification to deposit British pounds; as I didn't want to do Tier 3 verification, I paid in Euros

Without going into boring detail, I know where I was meant to type "kraken.com", the field just didn't have enough character space to put it. I put the word "Kraken" the only other place where I could put it, whether Kraken can see that field or not I don't know.

Additionally, the amount of money I deposited is within the money limit. My location isn't a problem and I checked this beforehand (I'm a UK citizen and in the UK).

Passport ID is one thing, though I shouldn't have to as I only wanted Tier 2 verification and followed all the rules of Tier 2 verification except for the reference issue. The REAL this that bothers me is having to send in an image of myself holding my passport with a handwritten, dated and signed sign, it's intrusive and unnecessary, I don't want to do it and shouldn't really have to either considering I followed all of their own rule except the minor reference issue.

I've read online of others using Kraken, sending a deposit and following the rules, only to suddenly be told "you need Tier 3 verification" AFTER having sent over the money. It's wrong, they shouldn't be able to do such a scammy and manipulative thing. I half wonder if I have a legal leg to stand on, of course it's too much effort for little return. I just hate feeling fucked over and powerless like this.

I did the same as you here

I just pasted the reference into the customer reference and it didn't fit exactly as you describe. But I also put it in the payee reference, which is where it's supposed to be, and it fit just fine. Maybe your online bank didn't surface the field properly...

I paid via SEPA, with tier 2 verification at £500, i'm in the UK. pretty sure the reference is your problem.

What does this mean?
>Twelve confirmations are required before the funds are available for trading.
I want to deposit LTC to my account.

Never had a problem with Kraken. They make it very clear that you use the correct reference, so you funked up yourself.

How can you not have enough characters for the ID.. You have to add it as a comment, which has what? 140characters max maybe?

>I will ALSO have to send them a picture of myself, holding my passport up next to my face, as well as a HANDWRITTEN note that reads "only for trading digital currency on kraken.com", AND a date, AND a signature.
nah. I'm Tier 3 on Kraken and didnt have to write shit on any paper or pic of my face.

You should have written a support ticket explaining that your bank doesnt allow for any more characters when doing the deposit instead of throwing a shitfit.

wait for the blockchain to process. It takes a few minutes, take a chill pill.

I have the same problem right now, can't add a fucking DOT in kraken.com, because my bank won't allow me. Fuck these stupid cunts, I hope BTC destroys all banks.

Ah okay, I haven't transfered it yet, I just wanted to make sure you didn't have to fill in some retarded form.

I was well aware of the correct format of reference that was required, I even had the bank on the phone at the time saying that I should have about 50 characters when I could only enter 25 or something, I tried everything from removing all spaces including on the end, changing caps to lower case, but everything I did I ended up with the exact same number of characters. I put through the payment reluctantly because I hoped that such an issue was normal to Kraken if I was experiencing it with my bank.

Did you even follow the link in my original post?

>An ID confirmation photo is a picture of you, the account holder, holding the ID used for your Tier 3 verification next your face to allow for facial confirmation of the ID.

>In addition to the ID, you should also hold a piece of paper that has handwritten on it, 'only for trading digital currency on kraken.com' next to your face. This piece of paper should include the current date and your signature.

>Please hold the ID and paper in your hand(s). It's fine to hold both the paper and the ID in the same hand.

Did not having the dot cause a problem between you and Kraken or have you only just sent the payment through?

exactly like /b/tard timestamps sans tits

Wouldn't be surprised if they asked me to send I a "confirmation" photo of me with a shoe on my head

I've just sent it without the frickin dot. I hope there will be no problems. I will report back, if the thread will be still here.

You'll probably be fine, it's clear that you've tried to send the reference with "kraken.com" in it. I just wish I could have done the same, I have no idea why I couldn't send the extra characters, even my bank couldn't understand why

OP if you're not from Germany or Japan you won't have to do the photo thing

If you are German though, then you're fucked

>OP if you're not from Germany or Japan you won't have to do the photo thing

I thought that to, except the Kraken employee I'm in contact with is requesting it. I'm not German or Japanese, nor do I live in either of these countries.

What bank did you use? I used HSBC

Just go to the verification page and do the Tier 3 shit (ID+bill) but don't do the photo and see what happens.

I don't think you're gonna get around sending ID+bill though

I'm actually requesting Tier 4 verification as it doesn't require the shoe on head photo, no idea what information Tier 4 will require

Tier 4 is limited to whales. They wont bother with a new user that is already unable to verify tier 3 and too stupid to correctly send a deposit.

Think you're probably right about Tier 4, but if I can't put the entire reference information in I don't know what else I can do.

This. lel

>if I can't put the entire reference information in I don't know what else I can do.
open a support ticket like a normal human bean

why not buy ETH from bittylicious