/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art, music, & discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1209 - Raw Coffee Beans Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Scott_Duvall/status/964288289418051584
i.ytimg.com/vi/AkJGTxAk1AI/maxresdefault.jpg
i.ytimg.com/vi/YCJlty5piLI/maxresdefault.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=AwMzxFMfji8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I fucking hate you all.

He calls it a fresh start despite the fact that it is obviously based upon Forces.

What would happen if the Sonic characters were just randomly dropped into real life one day? What would happen? What would people do?

Yeah but it's not actually tied to Forces. The general concept of "Eggman has robots all around the world and Sonic needs to smash them" really could've been used regardless of what Forces did. Hell, the second concept of "Eggman's robots have become leaderless and have gone rogue" was the original story pitch for Mania.

btw, if Rough and Tumble end up being robots, I'm calling Neo Metal Sonic forming a Metal Empire as the initial main villain.

So are we getting a retelling of Forces?

>Discord supports .webm and .mp4 videos
FINALLY

No. Forces aftermath

Mina Milestone maybe?

Not really. "Eggman's robots are all over the place and Sonic needs to smash them" sums up the plot of like 90% of the games.

The covers make it look like it is picking up where Forces left off.

>"One of the biggest complaints about post-SWG was it tried to add too much too fast, all to a slow game backdrop. So I'm not doing that. I listened to y'all. A handful of new faces to spice things up and a more concise initial story arc."
Sounds good.

touch palmu

Real life sucks and humans are retarded, let's not think about that.

Are you incapable of reading? The story picks up after Forces out of convenience but is not really tied to anything in Forces. We're not getting Infinite or the Phantom Ruby or Sonic being tortured for six months or any of that.

Remember when Sonic pulled a Spiderman in Unleashed? And he was pretty self-conscious about his Werehog appearance when it came to Amy, I wonder why.

>Hey @IDWPublishing Sonic Comics Squad! What about those two new villains you've been wondering about? Wanna see them? Before they debut in issue 3, get a first look over at @Kotaku TOMORROW!
twitter.com/Scott_Duvall/status/964288289418051584

*late valentines*

I want the obscure folk like Fang, Mighty, and Honey in IDW so badly, but the interview with Flynn only mentioning game characters and his talk of SEGA approving things has me worried "game characters" is going to mean "just everyone post-Heroes"

Mighty was especially cool, I'm gonna miss him.

>Defining feature is being a rockstar in a visual-only media
>Bullied Nicole
>Idea of fighting an oppressive looming AI threat is to write a mean song about it
No.

>Upgraded Nicole
>Heroically prevented any future machine uprising by corrupting Nicole into being her virtual sex slave
Maybe

He'll probably play it safe in the first year or two and then start adding more obscure game characters and maybe even cartoon characters later on. He's said multiple times that he wants to solidify IDW and Sega's relationship so that Sega feels safe loosening the reins a bit.

That's because he liked her user

hey better late than never, thanks user

Ian said that he can use any characters from the games & that includes the ones from the obscure 90s side games. He also likes Mighty, Ray, Bean, Bark, Fang & Honey, so they should be good to go.

Why would you tie it closely with a previous story if you want it to be a fresh start?

Question. I found these two pics of Amy Unleashed, the scene that happens right after , why is the lighting different in the bottom one than the top? Is it some PS3 vs Xbox thing or something?

i.ytimg.com/vi/AkJGTxAk1AI/maxresdefault.jpg
i.ytimg.com/vi/YCJlty5piLI/maxresdefault.jpg

I don't believe it.

It's a fresh start in terms of comics. Obviously it's going to be tied to the games because it's a licensed comic based on a long-running video game franchise. Setting it after Forces is just a jumping point; the story itself will have almost nothing to do with Forces.

I believe by "fresh start," he's referring to it as a fresh start compared to before in the comics. Last time we got a "new universe," it was really just a soft reboot with 4-issues dedicated to the FFs regaining memories of the pre-SGW universe only for that to be completely irrelevant to the rest of the comic.

Here, it's picking up from the previous game, but it's mostly gonna be completely new.

Seeing the girl who have obsessed over you for years freaking out upon seeing you would really drive the point you're a monster now.

Didn't she love it though? I thought she loved it until Sonic lied to her about not being Sonic.

Hope they're cool. Watch tumblr make them gay.

Is there a single living person that thinks Sega's Classic models are better than Rafa's? What the fuck is wrong with them.

She did. She told Sonic that it doesn't matter what he looks like, he's still Sonic to her.

Sounds like the usual for all Sonic characters, tbqh

Their names were almost made for gay.

Anyone that think the American box art of Sonic is better, I'd imagine. That or "glorious Nippon"fags.

Of course there is. I'm that person. I also like Sonic 4's soundtrack and the Classic songs in Forces and I'm not even shitposting

Speaking of Rafa, did that Bump model commission ever happen yet?

She never stop loving Sonic, she actually said she loves him no matter how he looked. I really wished this wasn't disregarded by SEGA, especially after and especially after the storybook games confirmed that was canon.

You seriously think this looks better than ?

So the IDW comics will take place sometime after Forces and the first issue has Tails playing some kind of important role. Do you think they're going to gloss over the fact that Tails has been useless for years and especially useless in Forces? Or do you think they'll actually address this somehow?

I see the point. I don't entirely agree with how he handled it. I would probably not tie it into any game if I was in charge though.

helo all of my frends just thought id let u know
sa1 = 06
theyre the same exact game and u cant prove me wrong

>Didn't she love it though?

At first she didn't recognize him, which depressed him.

youtube.com/watch?v=AwMzxFMfji8

They aren't canon so of course not.

We'll see, but only after Data gets hers.

Sonic 2 = Sonic 06

don't respond to shitposts

Rafa a shit though

user made off with the money. Where were you?

He looks much cuter here.

wrong. 06 is a 3d sanic game which automatically makes it garbage

Wow, Japanese Amy makes me hard. But wft is Chips VA, they made him sound literally like a girl. Even more than English Tails sounds.

Sonic 2 = Sonic 06

>Shitposting with based Taxman port
Delet this, fag.

What are your hopes for Sonic Drift 3?

>I wouldn't tie in a licensed comic based on a long running video game franchise with the video games upon which it's based one
Okay Ken

i had forgotten about this outfit. I want to draw it

Fang and the Marvelous Queen.

Lol Sonic fans aren't that dirty.

it's not happening and we're getting a real Sonic game this year instead

marvelous queen fang playable, also game being cancelled

3d real sonic is ok but 3d fake sanic with his green eyes is cancer

I mean Tails being a shit in Forces could make an easy character arc of learning self-confidence and not how to not be a shit. And if all the games up to now are canon to the IDW run they could even go into why he started being a shit in the first place.

But more than likely Tails being a shit in forces is something they'll just gloss over

sonic R 2

>learning self-confidence and not how to not be a shit.
But he did that over a decade ago

You think those butt eyebrows are cute?

Nope, Sumo's making Sonic and Sonic All-Stars Racing 3

but then he unlearned it

this too? plz?

Fresh Amy

>I mean Tails being a shit in Forces could make an easy character arc of learning self-confidence and not how to not be a shit.
Oh, so Sonic Adventure 1 and 2?

I would probably start a new plot rather than running it off of an existing one.

Cutie! Thanks for the Amy

Cute!

kayla

Well he obviously needs a refresher course.

>All this Amyposting
I didn't know this was the /rose/ general. I approve.

I want to see Sonic or one of the other characters yell at Tails for being so useless. I want Tails to actually face some kind of repercussions for his cowardice in some way. All the characters in Forces are okay with him not helping for months until Classic Sonic showed up. God they're such enablers

Do any of you play "Sonic Netinirvana"? It's a really good ROM hack!

Lovely render

Never really heard of it. Any gameplay footage of it, or something?

If the game plots are shit won't that mean the IDW plots will be shit?
What if another game pushes the wisps hard?

This general likes Amy more than Sonic does.

>If the game plots are shit won't that mean the IDW plots will be shit?
not necessarily. The writers can do whatever they want with the plots and characterizations. If the game plots are garbage, the comics don't have to adapt those games. Or if they do decide to, they can add action/dialogue/character development (depending on the mandates I guess)/etc. to try to fix things.

>What if another game pushes the wisps hard?
we cry

I don't think it is like pre-boot where major characters are going to be outright ignored.

While I don't think Flynn had to follow the games I don't think he was allowed to outright ignore them for post-SGW.

Nah. The game has had plots that suck ass, but the writing quality of the games never affected the comics before. Hell, Ian in the past has tried to come up with explanations for things that pissed people off in the games (IE: In the Forces comics, they explained why the M.E wasn't something Eggman targeted, why the Egg Pawns had such a weak design, etc.)

Anyone other than Sonic likes Amy more than Sonic does.

That's why Sonic sucks.

The only major game to happen during post SGW was lost world, and even then Flynn tried to shoehorn in the Zeti into a Worlds Collide arc.

>amy doesnt give a fuck about her pantsu showing

Not really. Amy is 12, so she just wants to go on dates and do boring 'girl' stuff. If she were older Sonic might be interested since she'd have sex appeal and could thus be fucked.

japanese women tend to have a weird fetish with men rejecting them or acting cold and distant, happens in every manga written/drawn by women for women

>If she were older Sonic might be interested since she'd have sex appeal
>implying THIS isn't sex appeal

He also pushed in the Black Arms as well.

Those... weren't written by Ian, user; they were written by Sonic Team. Ian only wrote the dialogue.

>amy doesnt give a fuck about her pantsu showing

sonic doesnt give a fuck about not wearing pants