/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #263

>The good ole days edition

Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/267DHffX

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Elite Dangerous is currently on v2.4 "The Return" - now with more ayys.
The 3.0 beta is now over and the next expansion named "Beyond" is on the way. It will be free to everyone who bought Horizons and aims to focus on refining core gameplay and new content.

Thargoids have now crippled all AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are rumored to be headed towards human space.
The starports are allegedly more difficult to repair than they were to build in the first place so don't expect them back online anytime soon.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SNeFRSoMZuI
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13577-Kickstarter-Kingdom-Come-Deliverance
twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/426116813173170176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are beating this dead thread like this? Both games are dead, let them be dead. This is sad.

Is that really old Elite Dangerous footage?

It looks like something made to mimic ED using Space Engineers.

>"Starter" profession ship.
>$200.
They are so fucking tone deaf holy shit, full on whaling and not a single fuck given for the legions of

if this is not bait, as an /egg/man I can very safely say this is an imitation of an Elite: Dangerous docking procedure re-created in Space Engineers.

Looks like the visibility is still there.

>Spent $2200
Explains why you're this fucking dumb

Why does nobody remember the Crucible
I bet the Vulcan will be finished before they even start on it

The crucible requires multigrid tech (the tech that allows ship-to-ship docking)

CIG said their engineers arn't even going to start looking at multigrid until 3.2 or 3.3

That's also why the Hammerhead is getting worked on before the Polaris. Better this way than building it now only to send it back through the pipeline when we get to 3.3 in 2020

>roberts space / comm-link
>see blog post
>access denied

oh that's good for publicity.

CIG is completely detached from the real world. They have no idea how their actions make them look and have no compunction doing the most idiotic and backer-unfriendly things you can imagine.
>Play quirky meta games with the general public and not let anyone who hasn't followed the project for years in on it?
No problem.
>Mention 3.0 as the start of early access to boost sales, then shit it out the door at the last minute, obviously rushing after months of making the point that the time was for polish and improvement?
Perfectly normal.
>Ban backers who have had enough of the snarky mods and rude community managers straight lying in the chat and only getting overturned when the community rises up?
This should be expected.

>Play quirky meta games with the general public and not let anyone who hasn't followed the project for years in on it
What?

All the times CIG does the "Access Denied" shit, like mentioned, like when they did all the buildup and shit for the Hurricane to land with a thud, am I the only one that remembers them hyping the epic disaster holiday stream up beforehand?

Another week goes by, no game in sight.

they don't even let veteran backers in on it. just subscribers

Dead games

The sub/concierge only comm links used to be invisible for anyone else iirc, dunno how turbulent managed to fuck that up again.

Should do one with Smart's face.

You guys don't understand,

CIG tricked Crytek into selling them two Cryengine license that force them to exclusively fake squadron 42 within the 32bit sandbox called SC they hired a Indian company to make on UNITY, they paid mark hamil to double a random character using a special VOIP 20000$ camera but all other actors are 3D mocap done by janitor ever since RSI sold the right of SC to a publisher through a bank loan trick.

The Homestead demo was just augmented reality using GO PRO footage made in a desert with a filter and badly fused 3D model of ship and worms. They prerendered everything, the sight from space, the looping terrain that act as a loading screen while they load the ground-map, even the space station seen from the ground is prerendered.
You can see how railroaded and small it really is when the Constellation try to move out of the flight corridor and fake turbulence force it back to the landing pad. Without it you would notice the 2D sprite scenery just like the landing at Levski.

It's all smoke and mirror, you've had another example of it it in the S42 slice, they created volumetric nebula to hide the blatant skybox!

3.0 don't even have gameplay, flying ship, walking on ground, moving box, 3D planet in the background, every game can do that!
You can trust me I have a leak in Concierge's private group.

Haven't played Elite Dangerous for a couple years.

Any decent yet? Easy to make money yet or is it still a grind?

>carrack on hold again
JUST

This reads remarkably like a rant about reptilians on godlikeproductions.

I read it sarcastically and to me it sounded like a cultist.

?

Its the big salvager shit isnt it? Cant we place it in a constellation or something where the snub goes?

Should have been keeping an eye on it. Easy money methods come and go. We're currently waiting on a new patch to go find the next exploit.

What a shit box it carries.

Constellation does't have a drone control station.

So, basically they are controlled not automated.

It's the new repair ship

They apparently have some limited automation, but yes they need to be manually controlled.

Can it act like a salvager prick too? Bigger than the vulture maybe?

No. It can refuel and rearm as well, but the drones need to be docked to change role. It carries 4, but only 2 can be controlled at the same time.

Anything that can fix a ship can take one apart. Nobody claims the Cutlass is a salvaging ship but it can give the downtown LA chop shop treatment. Hell, a Gladiator with an empty cargo hold can apparently salvage. First barrier you're going to find when salvaging with it: Cargo space, because it doesn't have much.

Im trying to figure out which ship will be the best for detect+destroy+salvage solo in that game.

Cutlass Black probably. Well, maybe not the solo part depending on how you look at it. When NPCs are implemented you'll be able stick one in the turret. A couple others to catch bullets and carry cargo for you too.

I get a Cutlass Black loaner for one of the ships I've got and it works pretty well for solo in the PU all things considered. It takes a lot less time to get out of the cockpit and jump out one of the side doors than I expected. All that cargo space is great for quick and easy trade runs. Without the turret its firepower is kinda meh but that'll be fixed in time.

That sounds great. Also is there a big difference in combat between the cutlass and the freelancer?

youtube.com/watch?v=SNeFRSoMZuI

>Cutlass meme
I'll be laughing so hard when it turn out the Cutlass is just a shitty pirate lootpinata and it take lot of effort to keep it competitive.
Just wait for the next Freelancer redesign to outdo it in everything

I don't know what's worse, Constellation owners or Freelancer owners.

I really wish they were keeping flashfire mounts in the game

that would make the Cutlass insanely good

Just got an idea not crazy enough to be impossible
The Prospector is pretty small so what if they made a mining rover so you can mine stuff and load it on the same ship that carried your rover?

It's really not that small. It's around freelancer sized and the rear half or so is completely dedicated to the mining gear.

Remove everything needed as a spaceship, keep the bed/food, add wheels and the biggest part would be the foldable cargo. It won't fit in a constellation but if the Nova tank can be carried, then so would this one.
I wonder if we aren't due for a medium mining ship. I like the duality between prospector and giant mining rig but now we lack a medium/large sized one.
I would prefer a larger spaceship that turn into an hoverbase

>if the Nova tank can be carried, then so would this one.
Well yes, but there are like no ships that can carry it apart from the Idris.

>bounty paid out in uee crypto
>only takes several weeks for the bounty transaction to complete

I wonder if Zane will ever realize that his MFD designs won't take up 100% of the players screen.

I give you that but knowing Chris t. Robert infatuation with IMMERSION I think it's a question of time before the Starfarer, Hull-C/D, new ship get the ability to carry it externally.

>reminder we have to keep him from introducing submarine

>submarines
we need to keep him from adding large bodies of water with physics before the game runs at 60fps first. the second they add that we'll be seeing concept sales for more than just submarines.

>3.8 patch delayed to 2020 due to issues with scuba diving players being unable to properly get off of their submarine bike after docking inside their amphibious ship/tank/carrier/cargohauler/repair and salvage cap ship

it's probably going to share alot of the aesthetics of the reclaimer but it didnt seem to have any real cargo or salvage systems.
it might be valuable for your resume being able to say you have X hours successfully controlling drones in a vulcan though if you're going to crew a reclaimer. big "might".

I talked to a CIG employee once and he joked about how in their iteration of planets at that point in time they didn't have an 'underwater' effect applied to the players view because if Chris saw that he'd want to make Atlantis

Should I pick up a Vulcan if I already own a Caterpillar?

If you want one at least wait for the half-assed Q&A post.

>having so many redundant moving parts in a thing that's supposed to keep you alive

Next to come:
>Rail builder
Oh no....
>Trains now for sales!

They have the blue variant that loses much of the cargo but it turns it into a better turret ship. Lancer has the MIS which will have about the same cargo as the blue (just a little more) but its missile oriented.
One of these will probably be the best solo ship for combat and some cargo.

Cargo a shit. Some kind of well equipped MAX might do (if they dont nerf the shit out of shields/armor on it).

How will they shoehorn it into S42?

They won't. SQ42 is action focused.
>Captcha select the sidewalk
Fuck google.

No, that would be stupid. Don't be stupid.

It's a repair; refuel and rearming vehicle, it's more surprising they could make a game without one.
From time to time I wonder how we are supposed to torpedo a capital ship out of existence without a reload mechanic.

A dozen bomber would have like 20 puny torpedoes, Tali would have 12 bigger assuming they never miss, and the Polaris have 24 bigger one. If the Polaris isn't supposed to solo kill Idris then I don't know how it would be fair for smaller bomber.

You'll need a way to go back to a supply ship, get ammo restocked even without landing and go back in battle.
I suppose it could be like a 0G cryoastro, I can imagine CR minigame to chose the loadout

Why would that be stupid? The Caterpillar can't deploy drones or refuel other ships.

Because
>Ship doesn't have a QA yet, so everything known about it will be contradicted
>It's expensive

>>It's expensive
When has that stopped any of you motherfuckers?

Why do they always put black characters in their promotional material?

To give backers ammo to use against SJW criticism.

So, I've not played Star Citizen in a while mostly because of the massive download size, but I finally got over that hurdle and... game crashes or freezes after I select my spawn location.

Anyone else have this problem?

I don't throw money at this project. I have an Avenger.

>Captcha select the sidewalk
Keep refreshing the captcha until you get a single image.

Cuck Citizen. The intellectual fetish.

*blocks your path*

Seems fitting since making the game has taken a back seat to making more ships. He's probably just bored. Get him a puzzle or some keys on a keyring or something.

>prime overlook
What?

Did the Kingdom Come devs send him this?

>had it not been for the laws of this land
etc

Doubt it, the whole point of it is flexible, and we already know the reclaimer has drones, stick some of those in there and i'm sure it'd salvage just fine

Though the small cargo space would be an issue prob

Either Chris or CIG was a high-level backer. They also promoted the game on RSI during its kickstarter.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13577-Kickstarter-Kingdom-Come-Deliverance

The deddest.

Yeah, I was wondering if they perhaps sent that to him as a thank you for the promotion.

No.

>the Federation's latest strategy against the ayys involves developing machine intelligence and then giving it guns
At least we know there's no way this can go sideways.

I just became a multi-millionaire last night after completing a 1,000,000+ CR job.

I remember that:
twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/426116813173170176

Any of you subscriber cucks still here?
I want to know if the game is gonna come out this year?

You Missed he scan mission period
Used to make 50 million an hour
Not sure how to make money right no since it was nerfed.

no, and you don't need to be a subscriber or backer to know this shit isnt "coming out" inside the next 3 years.

quarterly "if it's not done, it's going into the next patch instead of delaying it" major patch schedule. 3.1 in march, 3.2 in summer, etc. we'll see if they can meet their own timehacks.

>Doin data deliveries cause I'm a poor fuck
>Warp into destination system
>Set course to destination port
>115,000 Ls away

>Doin data deliveries cause I'm a billionaire gaming the materials trader with rarity 5 mats
>Warp between Sothis and Ceos
>Set course to destination port
>Never more than 4KLs away