/kcdg/ - Kingdom Come Deliverance General

frens edition

>What is Kingdom Come Deliverance?
Kingdom Come Deliverance is an open world RPG set in the Bohemian countryside of the Holy Roman Empire in the very early 15th century. You play as Henry, son of a blacksmith, voiced by and modeled from an inbred looking Englishman. The game was kickstarter funded to the tune of around 5 million USD. The map is 16km sq. From the homepage:
>The death of its beloved ruler, Emperor Charles IV, has plunged the kingdom into dark times
>One of Charles' sons, Wenceslas, has inherited the crown.
>His half-brother and King of Hungary, Sigismund the Red Fox, senses weakness in Wenceslas.
>Sigismund travels to Bohemia and kidnaps his half-brother. With no king on the throne, Sigismund is now free to plunder Bohemia and seize its riches.
>You end up in the service of Lord Radzig Kobyla, who is forming a resistance against the invasion.

>Official sites & social media
kingdomcomerpg.com/
twitter.com/WarhorseStudios
youtube.com/channel/UCIqUdfkbYmCGM-YRmk28zCg
twitchDOTtvSLASHwarhorsestudios

>Gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=YjPLjU0YCAI
There's a lot more on twitch at the moment for all platforms so look it up you lazy naggers, be warned it has its bugs at the minute

>Wiki
kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki.fextralife.com

>Fixes
May or may not fix/improve frame rate
Put this into launch options
>16 GB or more RAM
-heapsize 2097152
>8 GB of RAM
-heapsize 1048576

>Pastebins
pastebin.com/F9W9bwCz
pastebin.com/mSvK6ec9

ded

anyone found anything "weird" in the game?

ur mammy

alright lads who is your favorite NPC so far?

Im stuck in a house, cant walk out the door

My horse got stuck in the fence.

So what bugs has everyone experienced? I've only had a crash on startup and got stuck on a stairwell once. Also in the archery contest hans wasn't actually shooting, but I reloaded and it was fine. Anyone have anything near the tier of those webms that are being spammed on /v/?

sometimes sleeping in my bed in the mill wont save the game reee

Cumans get stuck in the rocks during the escape in the beginning of the game. Allowing you to cheese them and killing them eventually.
Currently planning to go full berserk and kill the whole army with that exploit, will post later.

Not very far into the game but I like Radzig, maybe because he reminds me of the hospitaller from kingdom of heaven

>can't move, have to reload game
>enemy wrists doing 360 spins in combat (very funny to see)
>enemies teleporting away and then looking sideways in combat
then menial shit like
>cooking poached food makes it not stolen
etc

Hundred Man Slayer Henry is possible without glitches or exploits, you can just train enough to solo the entire Bandit-Cuman camp in the sabotage mission

character fell out of the sky and died
got stuck in a basement because i could no longer interract with a ladder
random invisible walls on stairs
models for characters not loading properly in towns

Hungarian is such a weird looking language.

Strange asiatic shit that looks nothing at all like any other european language

why the fuck people are complaining about "stolen" stuff, for the most part none actually cares if you selling poached meet, or stolen apples or w/e.

Captain Bernard, and only because I spent literal hours sparring that whoreson.

I really like the current stealing mechanics, but once you butcher it how can anyone tell? You can buy shit from the butcher so unless you have an entire deer's worth of meat I can't imagine how anyone would be able to tell it's poached.

Is this bigger than Skyrim? It looks a lot bigger to me but maybe that's just because it's properly designed

>Ey up I wan t'go back t'Skalitz to bury us mam and dad

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO

he acts all friendly when i walk up to him but then he talks shit to me

it certainly feels a lot bigger.

How do you spar him? I bought training from him but it just seems to increase my skill and doesn't actually let me spar him.

are you at the right captain? you have to select training combat and wooden swords

Probably because the butcher knows you didnt buy it from him.

because its not european. Magyars came from the steppes

Sasau, Home.

Skyrim is like 4km^2 bigger.

But the land is a lot more realistic here, and the scale makes sense. Skyrim tried to cram a whole country into the what should have been the size of a single hold.

i dont think its bigger per se, but skyrim map is artificially inflated by tons of dead unacessible space and copypasted content

Skyrim is also filled with giant mountains and generally impassable stuff

I wish animals were a bit more skittish. You cak get within petting distance of a deer before it runs. Also, where are wolves, geese, birds, bears, foxes, etc...

>models for characters not loading properly in towns
Oh that's a problem for me too. I thought it might just be my low draw distance. I was getting short freezing with it cranked up. going to try some of the graphics fixes before I play today.

(You)
(You)
For this user;
I've bought an inn room for a permanent safehouse, but I can no longer get in the door. That kind of sucks, cause it was a strategic location for me.
Except for clipping heads and shit, that's really all I can think of that bothered me.

>some knave in a forest accuses me of murdering someone
>retort that he his infact the murderer
>runs the fuck away
>I'm overencumbered and can't chase
>archery skill is 1 because archery is for brigands
>Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ guides my arrow and I still manage to hit him in the neck at 100 yards
>he drops like a sack of potatoes and rolls into a river

>Keeping the Peace
>switches to night time
>stuck in an infinite load loop after I get given a torch

thanks game

It's such a small thing, but the torn clothes after a fight really gives me a hard on. The game is a far cry from the speculation that people were making early in the dev cycle but I'm really enjoying it. Its always nice to have a unique experience. The little historical bits you can read are fun too.

Where else would you get meat unless it was from hunting? And everything in the land is considered poaching.

>sell the huntsman 3 deer and 2 boars worth of cooked meat
>this doesn't bother him at all

Damn, thanks dude.

>got stuck in a basement because i could no longer interract with a ladder
Was this when you were stealing armor to get out of Talmberg? And you went down the ladder to see if you could take more free shit? Cause I had a problem with that ladder too when I was standing right in front of it. I went off to the side and was able to activate it there.

how hard is this game on cpu? what kind of framerates I could get with Phenom II x6?

Have you tried fighting when drunk?

It seems to also decrease damage dealt by an insane amount

No problem. You'll probably have to pick up reading to see all of that shit in the books, though.

>Have dagger in inventory
>Can't take bandit ears
Help

There's a witch on a broom in the middle of a field dead from implied impact

F

I've had a dagger forever and only picked up 3 ears in that entire time. No idea how it works. Maybe click on the head when trying to loot them or something. It might be bugged, otherwise.

I never expect much from an European dev studio's first game. This one is a buggy, hilariously glitchy mess, but it's got charm. There's potential here that I hope can carry on in whatever they do next. I only bought it in the first place because I said I would after the owner of the company did the NO BLACKS IN BOHEMIA thing, anyway, so the fact that it's genuinely enjoyable to play is a bonus.

I can reliably crash by accidentally selling equipped arrows, and the second last step of the tower up to where Hans was resting is an almost insurmountable obstacle that requires endless wiggling and jumping. I also backed up onto a bush and went bouncing around on the shrubbery in a fight once.

The funniest one was where I shot a bandit, and his mate that was right behind him hit him in the back of the head and killed him.

How do I find pious?

>fully armored with shield and axe enemies

How do I kill these fuckers?

I've been following this game since release but Im pretty immune to hype so I didn't expect much. Its a bit buggy and I wish my computer was better but its real fun so far. I think the intro was a mistake though since theres so many fucking cutscenes. Id much rather read dialogue and be able to skip it. Once I was out into the open world it got great. I can definitely see people being put off by the beginning.

This is the comfiest game I've ever played

their armour usually has a weak spot, sometimes on the forearms, sometimes in the open area around the face
try slicing the forearms and stabbing the face

Horse archery with stabby arrows is the easiest, if possible. A bit knavish, though.

Found any Berserk aesthetic gear yet?

If possible the least risky option is always being a dick-ass horse archer.

>blunt my fucking shitty ass shortsword to death on this one guy
>run across to dead bandit and grab his axe
>the weapon immediately blunts and splinters on the first hit

god dammit

>fast travel
>someone attacks
>check it out
>guard tells me i "fired at someone"
>payed 80 shekels

what the fuck ? only people ive killed were bandits, can't i kill bandits ?

So what changes if you let Theresa get raped?

chadstard sword

Where is that?

Every single fucking time Henry is in a room with nobles he mouths off. What the fuck is wrong with him?

No one wants to tell him to fuck off because his father was the best swordssmith in the kingdom and he only taught you

the teachings of master jan rus

>tfw autistically holding on to one of every single type of item for potential fashion purposes

>get scared of the HW requirements people are claiming
>think game will be unplayable at 1440p with a 1070 and slightly OC'd 6700k
>game finishes downloading, hovers around 70 FPS with everything to high/very high
>maxing out sight distance and putting LOD drop at 3/4 of the slider results in comfy 60 FPS with a dip here and there that is barely noticeable thanks to based gsync

Did they do anything with the game since release or is everyone who bitches about terrible performance at 1080p with a GTX 1080 lying?

But that's not true. Your real father is Radzig.

Am I meant to lose against the bandit with the massive fucking club at the start?

I don't want Henry to suck noble dick or anything, but I just did the town guard quest and he fucking walked up to the heir of the castle and shittalked until they fought. I imagine that going hunting with him will turn is into bros but it still bugged me a bit.

yes

How? He only has like 400 gold. I find it hard to sell a single deer.

Id like to know this also.

>body on the road
>spot a bandit with a mace in the bushes
>looks like she might be a QT

Thot or not? Considering just loosing arrows into the bushes and not asking questions.

Is it possible to beat him? I heard that there were a few fights you were meant to lose that are totally winnable if you're really good.

>anyone found anything "weird" in the game?

Found a mother and baby skeleton buried together.

JUST

Henry's a dumbfuck upjumped peasant, he don't know no any better milord

>Beat Hans in archery, swordfighting and brawling yesterday.
>We go hunting.
>Tells me to wait til dawn.
>Sleep away until 6 AM.
>Dude's still sleeping.
>See a hare walking near camp.
>Shoot the cunt with my peasant bow.
>mfw I one up Hans even at hunting outside of the game's plot.

Ah fuck, should have imagined that was an actual spoiler.

You can always fuck the body, user.

I bought a fairly expensive bow from him earlier, and I also think their money increases over time, because even that bow doesn't explain how he had over 3k groschen.

you are killing the wrong bandits.

You probably can, but the cutscene will be the same anyway.

Saw that plot coming from a mile away.

I'm pretty early in the game but I just know henry is going to get into some deep shit because of it.

Good point.

>Have 100 reputation
>Walk around town
>"Oy there! Its Henry!"
>"God bless Henry!"
>"Hey Henry! Its wonderfuk to see!"

This game makes me happy.

they gotta be cuman

damn does g-sync help that much?
I'm playing on a 1070 with an r5 1600 CPU but I have a decade old dell monitor, g-sync monitors are jewishly expensive though

>Look, Henry has come to see us!

No I came to see the tavern

Even though you can't change you're character this game is great for roleplaying. I guess there's just a bunch of shit that's hard to implement with voice acting if you don't have a set character.

jesus christ, why is discussion on /v/ so fucking horrible

help me lads

I'm dying. what do I do?

they throw everything at ultra and don't even bother checking the CPU.

It's like the idiots who charge at 10 bandits and immediately thinks the game is bad because you're not made out of steel

Hans is an even bigger fuckup than Henry

>Loses archery contest to peasant who has never held a bow
>Geta beat in a sword fight by a peasant who has trained one day
>Get ass kicked in bar brawl by the peasant
>Lose hunting contest to peasant who has never hunted
>Ignore peasants advice on Boar hunting and fail to kill boar
>Kid kidnapped by Cumans and need to be saved by peasant.

I play reactive as hell against dudes with shields. They are two defensive to go all out on them, so you need to take it slow. Hopefully you get an opening and can combo the fuck out of the right off, but most fights usually take a minute or two for me. I mostly use quick stabs after they attack to get them bleeding, then just wait them out. They'll eventually tire because of the bleeding and be much slower on the defense.

they aren't playing the game

I think so. I have a GTX 970 3.5 GB and I can run at ~30fps on 1440p on high.

Okay lads, I also spar a lot with Bernard, I decided to finally move onto a duel with real weapons and I fucking won. I put my 3-4 real hours of actual sparring with him to use and I managed to the left right down left right combo right and hit him in the face, It caused a bleeding and he had to yield.
We both had plate armor after all, not my fault he decided not to wear a closed helmet, roight?
After all it was all for practice, and the point of practice is for example managing to spot a weakpoint, I feel so accomplished.

fucking use your bandaids you cuck