Is the trend of parents swearing in front of their children a big problem?

Ive seen so many 'manly' dads and 'cool' moms swear in front of their kids.

Likewise, I have also seen kids refer to their dads as 'bro' and 'dude'.

"Is this worrying?" I say to myself as I watched a family take their kids to go see Deadpool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5N58WTwQ48Q
youtube.com/watch?v=iMmtmOdS398
youtube.com/watch?v=7jb9K9yAHMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That statue looks like a caricatured Mussolini

People used to take their kids to go and see actual human beings being ripped apart by animals or strangled to death on the end of rope. We call it that "the good old days".

A problem for who?

25 year rule.

You meant to use whom not who.

What?

1. this is not widespread

2. people have been complaining about declining morals in the young generation since at least the ancient greeks and yet somehow we always turn out fine

Both of these.
I don't swear in front of my young children and am uncomfortable when other people do it, I know it's not the worst thing and if they start swearing when they're older, that's fine. They're just not old enough to be able to consistently use it properly and in the right context yet.

I genuinely don't understand why liberals love to swear so much. Open any of the ultra liberal rag websites like Gawker, HuffPo, Jezebel, Deadspin etc and it's all fuck and shit and piss. I

>liberals

I don't tend to think of liberals when it comes to swearing.

It really is liberals. Go to any of those anti-Trump rallies and it's full of signs containing curses all over the place. Or watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=5N58WTwQ48Q

I don't remember conservatives forcing their kids to scream "Fuck Hillary" or holding signs like that.

>people have been complaining about declining morals in the young generation since at least the ancient greeks and yet somehow we always turn out fine
Well, not always...

While I could see this posing a problem in normalizing violent or offensive language to young children, it simply isn't the big of a deal. Words have meaning, and words have power but I feel like people take that concept too far. Sometimes it's just nice to swear, and I think gets needs to understand that as well. There is a time and a place for everything.

>gets
Kids

When you normalize offensive language it stops being offensive. English language seriously lacks any genuine offensive cursing because swearing became so commonplace, I guess the only exception are racial slurs like nigger or kike that are still taboo in polite society.

youtube.com/watch?v=iMmtmOdS398

>It really is liberals. Go to any of those anti-Trump rallies and it's full of signs containing curses all over the place. Or watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=5N58WTwQ48Q
>I don't remember conservatives forcing their kids to scream "Fuck Hillary" or holding signs like that.

Its not just liberals, parents have been increasingly swearing in front of their kids since the 1980s. Its because peoples language in general has gotten so rude.

>black females are sassy obnoxious cunts even during the little girl stage
Jesus Christ

youtube.com/watch?v=7jb9K9yAHMk

Words are words, I dont see that as a problem as long as they are used appropriately. Now respect for authority is something seriosuly lacking in general in this society. I'm not saying you have to agree wth the establishment, but if you dont like it change it. People are disrespecting teachers, yelling fuck the police, bosses keep trying to become friends with their employees, you call someone by their proper title and you get a "just call me bill."

This destruction of the general hierarchy is really distressing to me. There needs to be clear leaders and the people under them need to know their place for society to run smoothly. No one benefits when a group of kids disrupts the class. No one benefits when people dont do what the boss says because "hey its just bill." No one benefits when people dont obey the law. No one benefits when your higher ups dont teach you anything because they wanna be bros instead of the person with responsibilty.
Society of people with peter-pan syndrome.

Excellent post.

>nigger
Apparently that's acceptable as long as you don't use the hard r (which I think is downright retarded, go say nigga in front of a black person and see if they're okay with it)

>"Is this worrying?"
Yes it is.

Childhood is where most people develop their general sense of morals and world view, as well as adapt to traditions and social codes on the given environment. What sort of president are you setting for your child when you walk around going
>" Oh fuckin shit looket dat fuckin bitch! wata fuckin whore!!!"
Your child will begin mimicking said behavior and treating it as "normal". I have worked in schools before and you can definitely tell who those "cool moms and manly dads" are because their children are the most disrespectful and vile mouthed gremlins in the whole school - honestly wouldn't be surprised to see most of them in jail or at least juvenile hall in the future.

Does this thread really belong on Veeky Forums? I say take it to /pol/ or /r9k/.

>discussion about social mores is not humanities

To answer the thread I was watching a dota stream the other day when the streamer literally swore in front of his mum. Unprecedented desu.

Also it was BSJ if anyone knows who that is.

Bullshit.
Not giving morals to a child and teaching it when its appropiate to swear and when they have to shut their little trap is what makes a moral compass.

my parents were always very foulmouthed and so was I, but I never chimped out in class, got into fights or was seen as a loud guy.

The culture that surrounds the swearing is more important then using the words, if swearing seen as so normal and commonplace it isnt seen as cool in the first place and used towards circumstances in the first place not persons.

>caricatured Mussolini

Yep, more important than making sure everything the child says is kosher is using proper discipline and encouragement so the kid knows how to act.

Read the sticky