Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 New Gameplay Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Trailer:
youtu.be/s4D42vMUSIM

Bulletin:
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Dong Bai, Xiahou Ji, Hua Xiong and Yuan Shu are DLCs.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 has a roster of 90 playable characters and 4 DLC characters.
-Xiahou Ji is cute!
-Lu Lingqi is shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/dynastywarriors/comments/7yfltr/chibi_has_never_looked_so_intense/
youtu.be/pk5y3RtFTOM
gamecity.ne.jp/form/dw9_na
twitter.com/AnonBabble

please appear in a town already

First for being pegged by Dong Bai

>Yueying's Campaign ends when Zhuge Liang dies, not at the fall of shu
>creepy ending

wow.. thanks.

Lu Lingqi is the best musou girl since they introduced Yueying. Please stop deluding yourselves into thinking otherwise /eagg/.

I hope they don't dump state flow next game, i'm enjoying it immensely more than the old charge stuff. I feel like they have potential to expand on all the moves too, and despite the clone shit, everyone who shares weapons still somewhat play differently which is a good sign.

>Yueying invited the young officers of Shu to her home.
Ah yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh.

>DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY?

reddit.com/r/dynastywarriors/comments/7yfltr/chibi_has_never_looked_so_intense/

>this is the best Koei-Tecmo could produce

>Chibi
>Almost all battles are fought outside the water
>Naval battles are complete and total dogshit
>IT'S STILL BETTER THAN DW8'S HALL OF SHIPS

Jesus christ they botched it entirely and it still somehow managed to be more interesting than 8's Chibi. How is this even possible?

Its funny, he even argues that he did it for morale reasons to, so that Xiang and Quan don't have to suffer later on emotionally. And funny enough, he was right.

>clones feel different even though they share the same weapon
>new state system makes everyone play exactly the same, made even worse by the clones

Which one fucking is it??? I don't have the game yet

How fucking good is Empires going to be in this engine?

Um. Koei?

Lmfao why do you retards keep repeating this over and over after DW8E was the worst in the series and Koei just shat out the worst musou game ever made? Why would 9 Empires not be another heaping pile of shitty disappointment? They're not even going to put it out anyways lmao, DW is absolutely getting shuttered and Suzuki and Miyauchi """reassigned""" after this disaster.

The first one.

>will force you to fight more than just one guy for achieving bases
>will heavily punish you for rushing into the main bad guy
>will probably expand the combat system with stratagems

Much better, fixes a fuck huge issue with the game. Not enough to make it great. If they add some cool downtime activities and expand the politics system, we might get a decent game out of it. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

>Guan Yinping just picks it up like nothing
She is such a qt.

Oh, wow. This again. One out of 5 billion battles bugs out, and it is proof how the game sucks, right?

I played fuckign 50 hours of this game and I haven't had even 1 character bugout. So take that.

I had only 1 problem where I had to restart a chapter because Zhuge Liang didn't want to walk back to Shu base, and the ending couldn't trigger. But it was my fault because I killed the boss before the squad even came to the battle. But It didn't matter, because I just spedran it in 20 mins because I already got all the sidemission rewards

The problem with DW8E was this:
It was a recycled DW7E.
It even expanded on 7E elements but not enough for it to feel like a complete new entry.

So it being "the worst" doesn't mean it's a bad game at all. If you skip 7e, 8e is a fantastic Empires entry.

I agree

7E had those story cutscenes that stopped you from being bored though

The latter.

Does DW9 expand on Wu's purpose like Wei with Ambition or Shu with Benevolence? Or are they just "Wu wants to win because it's Wu"

The only thing I ever wanted from a musou game was an english dubbed modern empires game. Now with DW9:E thanks to cheaping out on dub actors it might come true, but I really don't want it now.

How do I stop the tears /eagg/?

You disregard DW9 and wait for SW5 and SW5 Empires.

What if instead of Guan Suo, we instead got Guan Swole?

I can guarantee an Empires game will just turn into an absolute grindfest of just running from base to base to capture them rather than actual anything close to feeling like a war.

the second one, state flow is renbu 2 and is literally just mindless mashing sqaure. no even reason to use trigger attack
charge system had more variety and power moves

Are you gonna bitching too if SW5 will be a garbage fest?

>playing DW9
>getting well into it
>having fun with combat
>try to do combos
>triangle does nothing

fuck you koei

Is there a specific place to buy materials? Like plants and stuff? I want to craft them now that I've bought them from the coin collector. Was wondering if I just have to go out in the wilderness and find them all. Accidentally posted this in the dead thread.

Warriors games have NEVER felt like wars and never will because musou isn't living to see the year 2020. Tecmo will buy its independence from Koei in 2019 and then Koei will file for bankruptcy.

>jump cancelling like a fucking goon over and over again and stringing together cuhrazy combos
What went right

It does look decent honestly. Just needs to be at night, and more on fire.

Actually, I'm one of the few people who seem to be enjoying DW9.

Still I'm pretty hopeful they won't just push out a shitty SW5. The lowest this franchise ever got was SW3 who wasn't even that bad, while DW6 was much worse.

DW6 is miles better than the broken steaming horsepile that is DW9 though
I'll take renbu over this state flow garbage

Sima mum is the best and only best.

Couldn't disagree more, Renbu is way more limited than the flow system. Both are inferior to the charge string system though.

The first. Sqaure doesn't do shit by itself really. You have to use all the R1 moves which are unique to each character
Think of it like only every using the base square string in the previous games and never ever touching triangle. That's what you'd be doing if you don't use all the new R1 move set ups when then lead to their differnt combos after the initial move.

Family and mutual understanding.

How the gameplay works
>Is the enemy blocking?
>If so charge a trigger then mash square
>If not mash square
How every character plays. Only difference between clones (and practically any character) are musou and special trigger.

Musou attacks are also underwhelming and might as well just be hyper attacks from SW4. Special trigger feels like your actual super most of the time.

For Family kinda, then it just goes back to "For Wu because Wu!"

The charge string system is fucking garbage and limited as fuck. Dial a combo in general is lame in any game. It was only better than renbu cause renbu was fucking garbage. If they take nothing out of DW9, atleast bring back the combat.

It will be god like if they integrate Destiny mode into it. And add more to the world besides hunting, materials, and random bandits. Things need to happen in the world. It just feels rather static. And no, I will never not shut up about Destiny mode.

You forgot
>press triangle if they are far away to rush them and continue the combo going
Though some characters have...Perks to them.

Take Xiahou Dun and Ding Feng for instance:
- Dun square combo is quick, long and has a great reach, Dun also moves forward a lot doing it.
- Feng stays stationary, hits the ground with a larger hitbox but his follow up combo barrely moves him. He also has a slow start and it's...Not an actual combo. Meaning if you are playing on Chaos the AI will block/roll off your last hit.
- Xiahou R1+Triangle is a charge + uppercut great to extend combos.
- Feng is a stationary uppercut. Fuck huge vertical hitbox but that's about it.
- Feng and Dun's r1+square are similar, they both spin with their weapons making foes dizzy.
- Dun's r1+x can be used as a combo extender whenever the opponent kisses the ground
- Feng's r1+x is a grab.
- Dun's special move is a great combo extender
- Feng's special move is a great "get the fuck away from me"

The biggest beef I have with the system is how you can toss yourself over and over again your foe. It gives you too much control in the fight. That said, a character like Dun is all about doing fuck huge combos while Feng is all about forcing his foes into states so he can juggle them with his square non-combo and control abilities.

Erba di tua madre

BAO!

I love Liu Bei now

>SSX not sucker punching Liu Bei and stealing Liu Shan there and then

Can anybody actually justify to me why we should keep making these threads

The square string isn't always the best even if they're not blocking though so why would you mash square when you could be more efficient?
Especially when you could be doing fancy shit like this.
youtu.be/pk5y3RtFTOM

Samurai Warriors 5 maybe.

I maxed my speed and it's nowhere close to this, how do I get to this level?

lmao don't trigger /eagg/ and remind them that people were mocking the charge system literally on day 1, if DW9 does one thing right hopefully it's waking people up that this genre has always been mediocre at best and never had a golden age to return to

>Liu Bei doesn't like it
GOTY confirmed

>The square string isn't always the best even if they're not blocking though so why would you mash square when you could be more efficient?
Okay to be more accurate then
>Pull a trigger attack to get your elemental shit going
>Mash square
>Jump cancel before end to keep the effect
>Mash square
>Repeat from jump cancel
You're still mashing square

>Especially when you could be doing fancy shit like this
Because this is all superficial and doesn't actually matter.

Was it atk speed?

>Because this is all superficial and doesn't actually matter
Welcome to super long overly fancy combos in video games, enjoy your stay

>charge system
>mash square X amount of times then press triangle
>rinse and repeat for entire playthrough
this is why this series has been the fucking laughingstock of the action genre since 2000

Actually it does matter for some characters that have total shit square string, that was his point.
You need to figure out the best combo for a specific character.

If a character has a shite square string they're fundamentally badly made and you should just switch weapon.

Or you could figure out a way to make that character work.
Ding Feng has a god awful square system but his triangle moves are all great and has a motherfucking on demand grab, all you need is to spice you square moves with flow state moves and you are preachy.

I like that, that makes you figure out how to make a character work that at first glance is dog shit.

It's a very different feeling from past DW games though. Compare DW9's Huang Gai with DW8XL. One is all about COMPLETE CRAZY combo strings that combos everyone in the screen, the other is a slow, charge based character that hits for a lot but has barely any combo extensions.

Is Zhang Liaos ending Hefei?

Combat system and voice acting was the only positive feedback I gave in the survey.

I honestly just like how everything flows together and there's never any awkward pause or downtime between attacks if you know what you're doing.

>and voice acting
Very funny user

>voice acting
>positive
You must be joking.

gamecity.ne.jp/form/dw9_na

Link to survey.

No point in even filling it out, this is a Battleborn-tier bomb and KT doesn't have a big daddy publisher like 2K to bail them out. SW5 will be cancelled, screencap this post.

Go fuck your tranny wife Jim

>KT released four Musous last year
>He thinks one flop will stop this momentum

Koei needs to translate ROTK 8 and 10 on steam before they die.

I don't know if I prefer this combat system or not. What i do miss is the over the top animations 8 had. They started to incorporate grapple like moves in a lot of the movesets by having the stab or skewer enemies or even just pick them up. The acrobatics zhao yun and ma chao could do with their spears was crazy fun.

All of those musous flopped too and most were just mass asset reuse from previous games.

>Wu

>no reddit

literally tumblr is on there but no reddit.

One of them was an asset flip.
They sold fine.

I don't even know what half of those are to be honest

They changed engines?

Which, WAS or SoS? Because both are, and no, they flat out said WAS performed below expectations in their quarterly report. Musou spinoffs are starting to fall below 100k domestic sales and fucking the mainline games are barely staying above them now too.

If they've already got the English translations for many ROTKs on ps2 what is stopping them from putting it on their steam releases?

Is Reddit social media though?

Damn they're only going to be able to spit out 3 musous a year instead of four, how will they recover?

Line and Weibo are nip and chink shit respectively, Pinterest is for upper middle class white teenage girls and no one else, and I have no idea what Whatsapp is to this day even though I occasionally hear the name.

Whatsapp is a instant messaging app.

Whatsapp is a free texting and calling app used by third-world people.

Okay, but what's Snapchat?

it's an online social media platform that deals mainly in visual media. It's about as social media as you can get outside of youtube.

Don't cry Liu Bei Empires will be better for sure!

I like DW9 more than I liked any game since DW5.

Samurai Warriors 4-2, Dynasty Warriors 8XL or Dynasty Warriors 9 on PC?
Please help, only thing what I have at the moment is Warriors Orochi 3 on PS4. I played DW8 back in the day on xbox360 and on Vita but it's been at least couple of years since I touched any musou. Want to get back but don't know where to start.
Should I just restart Warriors Orochi 3?

m8 they need the mainline games to sell big at an absolute bare minimum.

>Not believing that Koei will rake in those sweet Chinabux to fund their greatest Empires game yet

TIGER BLOOD

What do they mean when they're asking me to rate "Manual"? Are they asking how good the game was at explaining important things?

Is there a happy ending to these ritualposts you do or does it always end with Lingqi being sad?