/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Someone post the kush image where it's sitting looking at you

pls, I don't have the same autism as I had when I was 16. How does someone who casually played only the first title get into world?

post em

I suppose o-dawg an alright set to grind in HR before making various mixed sets, right?

>Kill 5 Black Diablos
>Broke both horns both times
>ZERO(0) Black Spiral Horn+
>Only need one more to finish my weapon
*REEEES IN DIABLOS*

>tfw so bored I've started drawing lewds of my character

wew quality game

MHW's online is so messed up it makes me really sad.
Think about how good this game could have been with a normal village/guild split and the normal online we've had for years now.

any tool like athena's for mhw yet? I want to make my gs set.

Lewd huntresses

So i exported my gen save to xx, however my cia is outdated and i need 1.2.

can i just download the 1.2/english patch and install it using fbi over my pre-patched english cia or i need to get a japanese clean one and patch that one

ITT: redpill me on hammer is it worth va switch from GS?

Also how to git gud with hbg? Different abilities? Carry ammo? Spam wyvern? Why does pierce seem like the best normal ammo? What's the best special? Is gatling better than my one hit?

It baffles to me as to why they changed it. It's objectively worse than anything the series has done in the past and it's not even a "westernization" issue it's just capcom being fucking retarded.

Someone post a Kino Divine Slasher set

>man I sure miss gathering 20 special mushrooms quests from two different quest givers

I know I'll get shit for it, but do you think Capcom was looking at Dark Souls and got inspired by their drop in and drop out kind of multiplayer, resulting in the SOS system?

I'd suggest getting the clean game and applying the patch in the OP.

Scan this with FBI. Should put you at the latest update and patch.

wow gay

>and the normal online we've had for years now.
I like the system we have more. It's great if you're playing with friends. If this was 3U Veeky Forums our squads would actually be filled. I don't like friend codes and I don't like taking turns. Which is why outside of playing with my friends, I was a solo hunter.

Now I can just hunt whatever I want with like minded people and ignore all the bullshit that came with 140 rooms and Super variants.

Pls.

>black blos shows up right as I cap blos

I took your boyfriend and there’s nothing you can do about it!

Here's mine

Handicraft Lv5
Attack Boost Lv4
Weakness Exploit Lv3
Maximum Might Lv3
Crit Boost Lv2
Non-Elemental Boost Lv1

Divine Slasher - Elementless Jewel 2

Dragonking Eyepatch α - Handicraft Jewel 3
Kushala Cista β - Critical Jewel 2
Kaiser Vambracers β - Mighty Jewel 2
Nergigante Coil β - Critical Jewel 2
Death Stench Heel β - Attack Jewel 1 x 2
Mighty Charm II

But I feel like this set is unoptimized.

full paolumu

At least in those games you weren't able to scale guild hunts down to 1 player, making them complete jokes. Now you can.
If I had to choose I'd rather waste a few hours gathering shit for dumb early quests and have a great online and hundreds of hours of fun in the endgame than what we have now.

some dude posted one in the last thread

Obligatory

It's the most accessible title to date, perhaps even moreso than 4U. And it's really a lot easier than 4U.

Could be. I like the change. Dropping in on some casuls and finishing the fight before they get carted again is one of this game's few saving graces.

>this kills the bagel

Draw her butt please

Post weapon stats

Lance Boys help me out, I've made:

Elder Babel
Thunderpiercer
Working on Vaal Hazaks Trident (fuck fangs)
Blue Prominence
Doggo Lance

Is there another Lance worth bothering with? Which ones are worth tempering and how?

>crit meme
>no protective polish

ok

thanks, i got it to work. guess i can only blame myself for all this trouble, now i only need to find people for my diablos urgent

Nope nope nope.

>All those hacked gems
OH NO NO NO NO

Why haven't you used Light bowgun?

I see your point but at the same time I feel like since people have access to SOS, they just go with that instead of joining turn rooms or what have you to get their stuff done, ultimately hurting the online

Thunder Spire and Water Pike III, Kushala Lance, and the Bazel Lance, thinking of making the Barroth Lance.

g-rank blos? I'll duo it with you m8.

Post a room.

How do I use this Hero's streamstone I just got?

Seemed like a more boring version of the heavy bowgun

Anyone wanna help with double tempered Bazel? I can make a general mats room too.

Idk, when I put up rathian hunts (primetime psr -8 gmt) I get loads of players who join before I even ready up.

As someone who is playing some LBG right now - yes, that's pretty much what it is. A more boring HBG.

Anyone else feel like Dung Pods do almost next to fucking nothing?

Melding ritual for random jewels or augmenting your armor/weapons.

Neat background

I don't get the hunting horn.
The damage is so low and the buffs are just minor things like stat buffs not like the monster is just gonna stand there and let you play the guitar.

I think I'm done, gonna be back for events and DLC, gotta finish BotW

>help
They kill eachother for you user

Oh shit, I have Bazel too, and Thunder Spire which I think Thunderpiercer beats out handily on damage to thunder weak monsters.

Water Pike and Kushala worth it?

I refuse to make Barroth lance, Elder Babel may lack a few damage points after augments but aesthetics first.

I just shoot 2-3 by habit. Not sure if it helps, but also not sure if I'm imagining that when they don't work there will be no brown cloud on the monster?

>the damage is so low
Hit the wyvern you putz
>buffs are minor
ATK XL ain't minor skipper

>I'm not being contarian. I don't think you understand
You don't think in general, if you did you'd answer a simple binary question instead of spending four posts now being confrontational with me for no reason. You keep attacking my understanding of the word confrontational, its irrelevant, whatever you think my understanding of the word is shouldn't affect your ability to answer it. How come I'm the sperg but you're on your fourth post now doing everything humanly possible to avoid answering a simple yes or no question to the point of getting increasingly more confrontational with me over it?

>augmenting your armor/weapons
Do I have to fill all three slots before I can use the herostone?

HE HATES IT

Don't have a Sharp Jewel 2 sorry.
What's wrong with C.Boost?
You have 95% affinity with augment and weakness exploit using MMLv3 on this weapon, and LS doesn't really bother with stamina.

If I hacked Gems I'd be playing Bow or CB right now. 200+ hours and still no Mighty Bow Charge.

Anyone wanna do arena? Need 1 Ace Hunter Coin

holy shit that's a big pukei pukei

>finally get GWJ
>dont feel like playing anymore
well shit.

sure post room

PLEASE RESPOND

Talk to the blacksmith and it will give you a tutorial, it's simple to understand, if no tutorial then you can't augment yet.

For You

>trying to bump because your post full of questions wasn't answered

The new Switch Axe Discharge with full Sword bar is honestly fucking inconsistent and shit. In order to get to the final burst with full power you need to hang onto the monster for like 10 seconds. If it starts charging or does literally anything during that time you get thrown off. It's fucking awful honestly.

I could sell my PS4 Pro and get the PS4 Pro rathalos edition and then sell the game since I already have it.

Do I bite the bullet /mhg/?

post gunlance set ups

I can augment already, but I got a herosstone for my SnS and to augment it requires a less rare stone than the herostone

Nah. Too much work.

Too much effort.

Yes, fire it from a pistol directly into your mouth.

>PS4 Pro rathalos edition
eh

If nothing else, I want that controller.

I was going to double dip, but I don't think I want to get a tutorial for how to walk 50 times in LR again.

7nLKWkmNNT3k

I mean look at the image from the user, is a beauty

I have four of those, and three pierce decorations, I don't even play bow outside of Crit Draw DP

Hero's streamstones are for r8 weapons, you need the other type.

>tfw that double diablos kill with Dragonator

That make sense, thanks.

Also, for some reason in MHW you STILL can't skip cutscenes. What the fuck were they thinking? This was already annoying as fuck in 4U. How hard can it be to add an option to skip cutscenes?

>we lost monster spots to lavasioth and jyuratodus
For what purpose? Why does capcom like lavasioth so much that they would put him in World along with a literal watered down version of him?

There are 3 tiers of rarity that you get from the 3 tiers of tempered investigations. Check the HR requirements to know which tier it is. The tiers are HR 13, HR 30 and HR 50.

Crit Boost really isn't very significant. But I guess in the really long run it'll shorten your average time over multiple hunts. I'd replace with some QoL, but that's just me

:)

Your cat ok?

Isn't legiana's lance better than Kushy's?