Gamescom '17 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=_6veBz299dw

AC7 Info:
pastebin.com/SWN1R7tj

AC:I:

AC:I closure on March 31st.
playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/08/ace-combat-infinity-will-closed-march-2018/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

In other news:
Project Wingman: rb-d2.tumblr.com/
Open Horizon: zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/
Razgriz Patch Guy: strangerealpatches.storenvy.com/
RPG Logs: pastebin.com/m7WgAifw
Old OP: pastebin.com/whkD5Wmh

Reminder to draw for the collage! Draw your planefu, put effort into it, and it will be added right in!
imgur.com/a/8zpGk
The only rules are:
>it must be black and white, no shading
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
Don't be afraid to ask for help. We'll always offer some advice if you need it.

Because it bears repeating:
>HD Collection never (ever).
>Don't let it die.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DrawingsZERO/status/964565969338290176
twitter.com/kazutoki/status/965245974116364288
steamcommunity.com/app/381020/discussions/0/458607699623480676/?ctp=25
twitter.com/Nesstark88/status/961572803119108096
youtu.be/X5WIa-2vT2Q
airvectors.net/idx_vcw3.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>wake up to take some more medicine and have a look at the thread real quick before heading off to sleep again
>thread's ded

< < Launch the missile now! > >

Post sexy delta wings

I wonder what Namco was planning back when Strangereal used more obvious Earth geography (pic related.) with Usea slotted in. Or for that matter, what full world (if any) they had in mind for AC3. AC3 is interesting because the Western release gave various real world nationalities for the characters in press-packs, etc, before cutting that story out entirely and making no reference to real countries. (Which also seems to be absent in the JP release.)
I think Dision was German, for example.

They must've had a bunch of ideas that never saw implementation, or were never even written down - only discussed, or briefly considered. Interesting to think about, though frustratingly impossible to research.

blogposting follows
___
missing the PS2 era again.
there's a weird thing where PS2 era graphics are around the last ones where my imagination takes over and fills in the gaps. with AC7 it'll look nice, but i'll only see what's actually rendered - my imagination won't take over, so my eyes will see a better picture and my brain will feel it's somehow worse.
it's not helped by the fact my sense of time is warped. on a sort of subconscious level i still have a teenage expectation more PS2 Ace Combat games (or at least flying games) are going to come out.

that and a sort of sense that i could still discover something if i flew around in the PS2 games looking for it. with AC6 onwards, there's a much stronger recognition that it's a bunch of assets put together in a videogame, so there's a finite amount of stuff in there and you can't just discover new things like it's an actual world. somehow even though i consciously recognise that, the feeling persists in the PS2 (and to a lesser degree PS1) titles.

It's time for that yearly timeline progress post.

Thanks for all the support and endless buddyposting entertainment /aceg/.

Can any buddies recommend me a nestle brand chocolate bar that is peanut flavored?

WIP collage submission, got any feedback?

Nice recovery, Brady.

Aside: I found out how to make a plane something other than the default Rogue stats in Sky Rogue. Just insert a line of code in the local workshop file.

God bless, that's amazing.
What're you making?

I'm not 'making' anything per se- I don't think I have the right skillset for that, anyway. Just changing the X-29 from a Medium Fighter to a Light Interceptor, basically.

>see all the Sky Rogue talk last thread
>get it on steam, install it at night
What should I expect?
Good work, buddy! If only my toaster could actually run your game...
Good enough! It's always nice to see new drawings.

twitter.com/DrawingsZERO/status/964565969338290176
Plausible?

No, it's literally just panel numbers on the wall.

Time to dive into the fireworks.

twitter.com/kazutoki/status/965245974116364288
Oh, my

>What should I expect?

Messing with plane stats is fun.
I've once changed amount of countermeasure slots for some bomber and put drones there resulting in about 40 drones.
Going full arsenal bird feels amazing.

A fun little game.
It's a nice way to spend some time while waiting for AC7
There are quite a lot of mods for such a game.
At least all AC original planes except AC3 are there.

Fuck yes.

What's this? Has AC7 been to Kono like what Nadia and Evangelion were to Hideaki Anno during their production processes?

>tfw

>deaded
That hasn't happened in a while

Looks good.
Don't colour or shade it too much tho so it fits withthe rest

It's come a long way

There's planes with proper cockpits?

>There's planes with proper cockpits?
soon™
steamcommunity.com/app/381020/discussions/0/458607699623480676/?ctp=25

>Sky Rogue but with a 747
Alright.
Don't see mention of the cockpit in that thread tho.

sadly only two models, twin-seat and pic related

Still kinda neat to have something

Damn it's dead today

slow monday

Yeah, but it’s been pretty bad in general this weekend

Man I love that livery

more Flanker butt

Yeah Gault has a pretty cool one

Finally

twitter.com/Nesstark88/status/961572803119108096
Is this true?

Buddies I've been hit by something. I can't get the motivation to play anything, even though theres a few franchises I want to get into, I just can't get the motivation. Same thing happened with anime, I used to watch it constantly now I can barely pay attention. Has this happened to you? What do?

A lot of games pop up on steam with little to no fanfare, pretty often.
That said, AC will prob not be one of them.
Sony we’re making a big deal of it’s VR integration for the PS4 after all, so I expect they’ll want to be able to fanfare it in advance

Yeah that happens sometimes to me. I just stare at my steam list and have zero motivation for any of it.
For me, its depression, user

>Sky Rogue
>accidentally launch two of the heatseakers towards a Schwalbe
>First missile connects and kills it as expected
>Second missile arcs towards the burning wreck and hits a second Schwalbe that was turning towards me
That was cool as fuck

Maybe you just burned yourself out a bit? I know that I really like VC for example but I don't do a whole lot in VC3 at the moment because I've played a lot of them in recent memory.
But I don't know, playing games also takes some time out of your day if you want to do anything meaningful in them, so perhaps it's also that for me because I usually get home late. Same for reading or watching stuff.

It has happened to me with anime too, despite there being a couple series this season that I have a clear feeling that I'll like.
I used to watch an episode while eating at lunch and dinner, maybe watching some more episodes if I had time.
Regarding videogames I put them off a bit lately but I still play rather regularly.
imho it's just that I have long days and less time to enjoy those things.
Reforming the habit has helped me before, the last time I stopped watching series or reading on public transport for example, but you can only do that when you have the time.

Who is this guy?

What about ACAH? Did it offer pre-order on Steam?

What I do was set myself a "quota" of sorts. I watch an episode of something I know I enjoy after work to unwind, then when I'm back into the rythm I check out new stuff, such as all the patrician taste this general oozes out when thye mention random anime or TV series (watching SG-1 due to recent posts).
Or you could tell yourself along the lines of "pages before going to sleep" and end up getting your taste for reading back.
For vidya it's more like the later. Set yourself a moment to play, then play games you enjoy or a new one that tickles your interest (different people have better results with one or the other), maybe revisit something you hadn't played in ages. I certainly didn't expect to power through Republic Commando in a weekend when I could barely line more than an hour of AC.

>Republic Commando
Top tier, but the enemies got really spongy in later levels.

ACAH was already out for over a year before it got a Steam release. It was a definitive edition port, not a fully multiplat release.

>10

I dunno. I was just browsing through Twitter using hashtag #acecombat7

youtu.be/X5WIa-2vT2Q

Made a few adjustments, anything I should change?

Why are Ace Combat Fan's videos always posted here right after they're published
No one cares

Hmmm yes I wonder, surely it must be a (((coincidence)))

I don't think so.
Perhaps the intakes could be a bit bigger/taller if you want to give it a shot.

I have another question, what font is that title card? Because I've been seeing it a lot lately.

Meant for

airvectors.net/idx_vcw3.html

Neat resource about cold war era warplanes. Figured you'd like it /aceg/.

gay

:^)

Did brady get sick or something? I haven't been in the threads much lately

Well he is interested in planes, so yeah, he is ill.

>bought it, just started playing
>flamencointensifies.jpg
Thanks for telling me about this game, buddy! I'm loving it.
What's wrong, buddy?
Nice. It looks finished.

I feel like best plane deserved some sort of doodle.

Don't thank me, the other guy reminded me that I even had it.

Nice.

>Including rivets
I like it!

Man, I kinda wonder if we'll ever have planes that stay in the air 24/7 on their own power (nuclear/solar/whatever) that don't require refueling. Would be cool to see a self-sustaining floating habitat.

Thanks

>if
Solar planes have done that already. Solar Impulse can fly through the night on a day's charge IIRC and I imagine the US one does the same.

>rivets
Just a throwback to some older stuff I did like that. I don't think it works all that well on more modern planes

I know of the wide-wingspread solars, but I'm referring more to things like Otacon's plane in MGS4/far larger crafts.

Was that up there indefinitely? I thought they lived on it but that it just hopped from place to place

Not sure, honestly. I don't recall them ever landing, besides obviously in the end for the whole ending bit; but ah, yeah. They very well could've been landing, but it seemed like they were wanted by all governments so their landing opportunities were limited.

Any number of things, honestly. Stress and shit mostly, combined with some varying self image issues and some serious social anxiety issues.
It used to be way worse than it is now, but it still all pops up from time to time.

>setting up a rocket run on a formation of bombers
>they were wanted by all governments
They were. Honestly, how did they even manage to evade detection with a glorified cargo plane?
How much do you sleep? Do you have a balanced diet? Both are much more important than they might seem.

How did you get the cockpit view? I only have the regular third person, the HUD view, the over-the-shoulder and the chaser cam.

Probably in the dev branch you can get via the beta tab. But I haven't tried

This, fatigue is the worst shit.

>An elegant weapon for a civilized time, eh? Well guess what, times have changed!

He's literally just asking for technical advice for his Amazon Echo. People need to stop harassing the guy.

I usually do sleep pretty well. But when I’m in the upswing (downswing?) of more depressed feels my sleep tends to fall by the wayside as I try harder to distract myself. There’s no real pattern, though. Same for diet. It’s oretty good until I’m already depressed and then it goes to shit.
The whole things frustrating as hell.

Thanks for the concern, buddies

Yeah, it's the dev branch. The view is cool but it's a bit buggy when you use the dodge maneuver, and the camera clips through the back of the seat when you look back. Guess that's why the update hasn't come out in full yet lol

Have you been to doctors yet? Not psychological, but physicians. Because some of that sounds like you should maybe get checked for a Thyroid Gland Disorder.

>can't unlock the aurora
>can't level up
damn

What do you do for a living?

It looks like they just strapped missiles to it for engines. I don't have that one yet.
How many missions are there anyway until it just stops? At 12 now and the day meter is full

That fucking solo level in the droid ship creeped me out as a kid, even if it was really short. But having all those B2s around was unnerving.

I think there's 15, the last of which is a final boss level. After that you just keep on going as the AI heaps more and more ridiculous amounts of enemies onto you.

Well that boss pretty much instakilled me with the mass driver. Far too few flares everytime, but I unlocked a few planes at least.

You just gotta go full meme machine with the Schwalbe and mount the twin guns along with another gun in a secondary slot.
Then if you bind the guns to a separate key, you can fire all three at once if you've got the secondary selected and you press both the gun and missile buttons.
It does a surprising amount of damage, actually.

>twin guns
I don't have those

>bind guns to a different key
Shit I didn't know that that could've made using the gun a lot more AC like. I've been switching constantly

Nevermind, twins just unlocked.

This is a neat one, where is it from? Bigger wings instead of swing wings like on the 25 work a bit better.

the problem with getting good at ace combat is that individual mistakes tend to ruin playthroughs
i.e. if i accidentally fly into the ground, instead of it being one of the 200 times i fail the mission, it's the only time and i can't be bothered redoing 10 minutes of gameplay so just quit the game.

weird how my attention span is more fried as an adult than as a kid.

VF-31 Masterfile.

These days, if you emulate the games, you can use save states, although most would consider that cheating.

>This pic
How would one make a plane fighting game work?

Then he fell for the FSW meme again

Just air quake. As in, small maps and everyone dogfights.

In the same way Not Your Sky 2 was written.

>weird how my attention span is more fried as an adult than as a kid
Can confirm. Even though I was diagnosed with and medicated for ADHD, I could still spend literally all day and night playing video games.

Nowadays, I’d be lucky to spend more than two or three hours playing something before moving on.

>you will never get a pilot licence because money is expensive

How much does one cost?

Check with your flight school on how payment is done. Usually it's not all upfront, unless you want it that way. I spend about 300.- per hour with the instructor, which is pretty much the standard around here. Plane's a bit cheaper without instructor.
But yeah it costs a lot, 15-20k is the estimate for a PPL here and I'm not sure if that includes some of the other costs like theoretical exams and all. Although those are different depending on wether you are in EASA or FAA country.

If all else fails you can at least get an introductory flight or two in where they let you pilot for a little.

See above. At least here, keep in mind that I live in an expensive country, but flight license costs seem to be about the same everywhere.
The general rule is 15-20k for a PPL-A, a bit more for an H and a bit less for an S. Although Europe also introduced the LAPL lately, but that's not worth it tbqh and costs about the same ultimately IIRC.

>10