/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Meido Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

[23 jan 2018] the thaumcraft
[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/RyVE8
anonfile.com/f8P96ad4b1/multimcforpoorfags.7z
minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-java-edition/survival-mode/2365421-themastercavers-first-world
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>maids
MURDER

>InsideSkirt

HISSATSU

>stupid nip shit in the OP
let this general die once and for all

Nip mods are objectively better on average.

>didn't actually use the etherpad's version of the OP

She better have some sugar inside that skirt for me...

if you put reeds in it automatically processes them into sugar
but Haruko's produces paper

Does anyone know why exactly the new buildcraft doesn't use rf and uses mj?

Snowflake syndrome?

whats a mod that will make me want to become a botanist/gardener?

botania i guess

Holy shit.
So I've been watching the Animania bug tracker intently for a while now hoping they fix this one bug that makes it so it crashes on my server. A fix finally got figured out for it and its the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
apparently a lot of mods have this problem where they'll just have client crashes due a wrong cast. Lycanite found the reason and fix for it. To quote:
>This issue has plagued my mod for a long time, in the end I threw a try catch around every use of the datawatcher to suppress the crash, it just means that sometimes the client will ignore packets from the server, I haven't noticed any issues come from that so it's a good workaround for now.
>I think the main cause is mod x will add a new value to the datawatcher and another mod y will do the same but they sometimes get mixed up where the client mod x receives a message from server mod y instead of x which is an incorrect datatype causing this cast exception.
>The true fix is to ensure that all mod datawatchers never clash but this is very hard to manage, so for now just catching the exception and moving on is a good enough workaround as eventually mod x will send a message to mod x and the client receives the correct update anyway.
>I just hope that my mod isn't doing anything to clash with other mods, though all my datawatcher values should be unique only to my own entities.
To follow that up here is an example of what he has had to do:
public boolean getBoolFromDataManager(DataParameter key) {
try {
return this.getDataManager().get(key);
}
catch (Exception e) {
return false;
}
}
FOR EVERY SINGLE DATA TYPE

>surround any problems in try-catches until your code stops breaking
sounds like me whenever I write anything desu

Objectively false
Nip mods are the epitome of needless bloat

100% me when coding

Minecraft is such a fucking mess that shit like this will only make your code seamlessly fit with vanilla

someone pls revive Better Dungeons
I'm looking at you, asie

Anyone knows a better mod than millenaire?
It keeps fucking up my serv
Also, it may be the way i installed mods but they seem to have broken lightly as every hour i get an increasing "WARN Fetching addPacket for removed entity" that ends up clogging and making the serv lag
Also maids seem to be a bit broken ui wise, did I fuck up?
Pic related the mods i'm running

imgur.com/a/RyVE8

R8 my minecraft world.
they are old picks. everything is alot better

bump before bed

bump after waking up

bump before dinner

Getting ONE Energy Transfer Node would require several Redstone Blocks—a much expensive alternative to having miles of spaghetti wires from IE all over the place.

At least I now have a better-looking complex.

Sometime I feel like it might be better to just get an architecture program and make real structures
I get so frustrated with all these block games where power either magically flows through everything like space engineers and other vehicle based games or you have to take up a whole block to deliver power in a solid structure

Sometimes is also fun to use a bit of tought process to work the limitations the game adds and implement them while still looking nicely.

That's why you either MineTweak that shit or us ExtraSimple instead. ExtraUtils' balance is all over the place.

I can make nice looking stuff
I just get frustrated that everything isn't as detailed as real life
maybe I should just take a break

I guess you haven't used Pam's Harvestcraft or BoP or the countless recolored ores mods a kindergartner can make during a lunch break.

Give an example then.

Is part of the reason mcg is ded because of the bullshit serblist website that seems to be wholesomely more cumbersome yet less detailed at the same time?

what's a good 1.7.10 to play solo ?

The meme island continues.

mcg is ded cause everybody is playing on serbs right now

i forgot to add modpack* i'm retarded

why is this thread dedder than previous ones?

tfw no serb to play on

weekends over

I've always wanted to try out GalactiCraft but I have few questions
>why isn't it on curse?
>what are the main differences beetwen GC and Advanced Rocketry?
>best addons?
>are models and textures look really that bad?

The anime triggers them.

Not an argument, all are bloated shit

Think it was the Slashblade mod which added fucking nukes for no reason?
AppleMilk&Tea and it's shitty snowflake power system?

There's no modded serb up, is there?

I asked last thread and got nothing so I'm going to ask again. Can someone please upload the poorfag multimc crack

what meme version and mod name on this pic?

Post some non-bloat mods then.

>Slashblade mod which added fucking nukes
What the fuck, I don't remember that.
And AMT's power is compatible with RF and EU, it's only there to power a few of the machines it adds to process food.

does anyone have a download for tekkit classic? technicpack is being octuple gay with me

best aplha ersion to play on?

mortuus

This is the second fucking time that my pickaxe just outright fucking disappears when I accidentally right click on an arcane pedestal. What the fuck is this retarded bug jesus christ

magic

hackphoenix

anonfile.com/f8P96ad4b1/multimcforpoorfags.7z
This one?

I know it looks like junk, but everything is a treasure in the right light.

CREEPY STUFF HAPPENS IN NOWHERE

Add an overhang off the side. It's not bad, just incredibly flat. Maybe bring some of those logs out as well?

flat/10

What's your ultimate goal for this project?

I like it but I can barely build a damn thing so idk. I really like wood structures too.

I just realized the vis charge relay doesn't work for staves since you can't put them in a worktable. How the fuck are you meant to recharge staves?

>plays on 1.7.10, no mods
Literal autism.

right seems far more of a permavirgin desu

Is this guy chad?
minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-java-edition/survival-mode/2365421-themastercavers-first-world

>why isn't it on curse?
Some mods aren't on curse but that doesn't mean they are shady, like Foamfix or Mek.
>what are the main differences beetwen GC and Advanced Rocketry?
GC has RPG tiered progression and is more straightforward, AR has way more content and unique things going for it but it's textures are worse looking.
Pretty much AR > GC, but you should still use both.
>best addons?
All addons are a bunch of extra planets with the same shitty landscape but on different colours.
>are models and textures look really that bad?
Not really, they aren't that out of place with the Minecraft aesthethic. In fact, things like the lunar blocks are pretty good for decoration.
Oh shit, is that Rumia? What mod? I've heard of a 2hu mod but I tought it only added spellcards

>private server with buddy
>played for about an hour before he got on
>intersected a ravine in our strip mine, bridges going over lava
>he gets on
>oh cool you found diamonds
>he immediately makes a pick
>asks me to enchant it
>I enchant it, fortune II
>he makes a second pick for mining stone
>runs into mine
>not even in 30 seconds he dies in lava and loses it all

>understands how the game works and how to fix some of its recurring bugs
>makes mods manually, none of that Forge bullshit
>CAVES
>still plays on 1.6, fuck 1.7.10
He's on a level above chads.

>this is the only world I am playing on, with a total of around 1 1/2 years of daily gameplay
this is why calling everything autistic was a mistake, now when you see something literally autistic you can't call it out for what it is

His mods are really interesting desu. Makes me want to start modding to add shit I always wanted like him. A shame that they aren't Forge compatible.

I don't know how much of a good idea are these builds on the far since they are too light and colorful, but I really liked how they turned out. Maybe, it won't hurt to add some variation to the grimmy idea I had in mind.

>that one little butterfly among the huge, cold slabs of concrete
that's cool

aight /mcg/ i'm downloading Gregteck new horizons as i post this
gonna post impressions since it's the first time i feel able to aport something to here, a dead general

Now i understand what you meant
why can't we have good cartoons anymore? Fucking tired of all of these fanboy and chum-chum unfunny clones about farts and mucus, shit was never funny

I need to build more industrial style airships. Post more?

>immersive engineering isn't as expensive to use
>it's even more microcrafty

It's all I have, though maybe toxicjunglefag can post more of them.

Bit of a question, would Infitech2 or GT New Horizons be a "better" GregTech-based pack to play with?

I eat farts

Just come back to 1.7.10, IE isn't as microcrafty in here.

Why the fuck can I not pipe water into a kettle? This is retarded, even the dev site says you can pipe water into it.

Garden Stuff.

>set all sounds to 0% except music
>can still hear super loud shrieking animal sounds and other random sounds from mods
good stuff

is there a mod that just adds immersive engineering hemp ropes?

It is said that only BC pipes and Thaumcraft golems can be used to automate water supply for Kettles. I've tried Fluid Transfer Nodes and they don't work. It does work with the Witches' Cauldron, though.

>Immersive engineering updates
>Immersive tech, abandoned, dies

Well that's one less mod to worry about.

Really? Thanks, but man that sucks. There's no BC in my pack and I don't have the faintest idea of how golems work.

What I just did is put a tank near the Kettle and let that fill up with water.

I'm not quite sure how that fills up the kettle

You fill it yourself—manually, by picking up a bucket.

>manually
Well yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid

Finally figured out what the tree beacon does. Astral Sorcery, meet Bonsai Trees.

the terrain looks unnatural, but the buildings look pretty gud

>check for the uses of random crops and meat
>can make all kinds of foods
Is Bird's Foods basically Harvestcraft without the bloat? This is pretty neat.

Harvestcraft without
a) bloat and useless crops
b) artistry of any kind

If you care about A E S T H E T I C S pam is still your master

GTNH has more content and customization but is obnoxiously grindy and "le super hardcore survival xDDD".
InfiTech2 is plain GT with other mods tweaked to fit into GT progression.
I personally love IT2 and couldn't stand GTNH.