Dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

DLC Pack 1 revealed

Previously on /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P9s1XOGVqU4
youtube.com/watch?v=8AU0Ljbxdj0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=5K5LLbxY7p0
youtube.com/watch?v=ywsJKq4PLv4
youtube.com/watch?v=CSTn_7tN3Eo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is Broly so popular anyway?

>win a match
>rematch
>connection cuts out as my opponent is steamrolling me
Please tell me it kicks both people out of the lobby and not just one person

Rate my team.
>Trunks/Tien/Frieza

its a team what do you want

I don't like it so it's fine.

Tien can't follow up volleyball fist with Trunks assist and Frieza's assist conversion misses 1-3 extra mediums in your combo. I don't know if Trunks is good for other Tien combos, but Frieza works with converting almost anything.

>want to play Cell point with a good assist
>my only options are Black, Vegeta and 16
Fuck

Is frieza bad?

only as bad as you are

Because his power is maximum

he's a big guy

SonicFox official tier list for those who have yet to see.

Vanilla Goku, Nappa, Tien and 22 have good assists. I think Hit's assist is amazing for pressure and extensions

You sound like you know what's up. Who would be a better point to replace Trunks?

How do you approach with vanilla goku? Do you guys have a good player who mains goku that I can watch?

>best character was goku black
>now it is goku and I have replaced goku over black as my anchor
I fucking love goku. My main team is Black/vegeta blue/goku. I think I found my main team.

Bros, help me pick a 3rd for Black/Hit.

yamcha

Is this game still being figured out?
is what's currently top tier just whatever sonic fox is playing?

16 is the obvious answer. For a more interesting idea, try Ginyu maybe.

Cell
Goku Black
Vegeta

These are the characters you take if you want to win

I like running my best character on point. Sometimes with 16 I just annihilate one or two characters.

because HIS SKIN IS COLD

You can still rock it, just don't burn your Frieza assist. Also some Frieza extensions need an airdash.

If you want to switch you can pick anyone besides Gotenks and Krillin. Like pick whoever looks cool and lab it.

SF doesn't consider his team to be the three best characters. He thinks 16 is the best and Hit is Top 5, but Black is just an all-rounder with a great assist. Cell, Adult Gohan,& Vegeta assist are also top tier while 18, Kid Buu, SS Goku, and Trunks are all really good too.

However, you have guys like Tatsunical using Nappa, BreakerDave using Fat Buu, a few people using Piccolo, Fame using both Blues, people acknowledging that characters like Beerus/Ginyu/Tien are strong.

We know who is obviously strong, and who is weak, but tech is being found and harder characters are being cracked open. Fat Buu is a lot better than many give him credit for, for example, as his neutral and pressure unorthodox to an extreme and his Fat Throw resets are disgustingly diverse.

Android 6*

Half of the fucking cast has good assists, you are limiting yourself to absolute top tier assists, not just good.

Are there any assists that just outright suck?

Bluku

Goku blue's is bad as hell. Adult gohan's is pretty bad as well but at least you can reliably nail it in a corner.

Every assist has SOME application, but the Blues both have really slow and situational assists, and Krillin's is REALLY hard to get mileage out of.

I still laugh at Krillin's assist. The developers promised months ago that some characters would suck in terms of actually being viable as fighting characters but would excel at having the best assists. The implication was that someone like Krillin would be bad in a 1v1 up front but would have an amazing assist. Instead it's all Vegeta all the time.

Where can I see all the character colors? I need to plan my team

Gohan's is really good for anti airs or to get them off of you. It's a free dp.

get money and buy it

what do you do with krillin's assist anyway?

Destructo disk should be unblockable.

There, I fixed Krillin, now he has a big niche.

>Blockstring
>Assist lockdown
>Cancel into Destructo Disc
>Guaranteed pickup due to assist hitting them as you recover
You just made Battery/Krillin/Vegeta the new meta. Just make the chip damage on it like half the damage of being hit by it, and have that apply even to the additional ones when he throws 2-5. Then he has a real threat in the form of massive chip damage, but he can't open you up for free with one bar. It's balanced despite the massive chip because Chip leaves Blue life.

its already got YUGE chip damage

They said they already tried to make that a thing and it was broken so they gave it

Im trying but I’m in lab and you’ll just randomly get incriments of 1K Zenni, not really enough to do shit yet
I’ve bought a couple of those 10-packs of capsules but most characters still only have the starting 6

Krillin already has a niche with solar flare. The problem is his assist is goddamn cancer so no one cares to even try to learn his gimmicks.

Is there any way to get rid of the text box in story mode?

so this is the power of fighting games

This happened to me today, but from the opposite perspective. I just assumed he quit since it cut out when I was wrapping up his last character's last bit of life.

>hadn't watched anything dragonball related for about a decade
>get this game because of nostalgia and I love Xrd and BBCF
>watch clips of Dragon Ball Super
>some Jiren clown is deflecting Blue Saiyan destructo discs like they're nothing, taking on two blues like it's nothing, his personality is literally "honorable warrior" but this time from another universe
I hope to God that there's more to that guy's backstory than "big (good) bad to strain blue monkeys".

Is all of pic related dead forever now?

youtu.be/P9s1XOGVqU4

>Only matches against people of the same colored square count towards changing your rank
>Winning gives +1 point and losing -1, you need +10 points to level up your color and you drop off you get -10

Is what this guy says true or just bullshit? I'm dark green and I've been trying to bring up my rank all day. I've been winning a whole bunch after reading up on tutorials but I still can't seem to level up my rank.

They were thinking that normies won't enjoy playing against Venom

Suicide

16 on point has some disgusting shit and is absolutely improper

Anchor 16 is the only way to play.

Golden Frieza should be a level 1

Golden Freiza should be a Level 7 that lasts until the end of the fight.

What can I do to make this combo a touch of death combo?
Currently does 8979 damage and spends 6 bars

Inputs and numbers as follow
8979 104 Hits corner combo
2M 5M FJM 5H 2H Superdash 2M 5H 2H FJL 5L 5S 124M Sparking 5L 5L 5L Superdash 5L 5M FJM 5H 124H Assist2, 236LM , Assist1 (Level1), Assist2 (Level3)

youtube.com/watch?v=8AU0Ljbxdj0&feature=youtu.be

>see and know what my opponent is going to do clear as day
>can't punish because i'm bad

To any stick players out there what layouts are you using?

L M H
S A1 A2
Is what I used for a long time but using my ring finger and thumb for super dashing is getting annoying.

don't worry user. there are days like that. you just gotta keep improving.
it'll be better tomorrow.
i hope so.

I'd use
L M A1
S H A2
if I would only have 6 buttons.
But because I have 8 buttons, it's:
L M H S
L+M* H+S* A1 A2
(*these two are generally unused, but I use them rare occasions because laziness)

But that's just me. You have to test a lot of things and find the configuration you're the most comfortable with.

If I only have 6 buttons, I like having my assists on 1 column.
If I have 8 buttons and because it's a 4 button fighting game not counting tag stuff, I prefer having my 4 buttons on 1 line.

It's up to you to find your config.
And I'll finish this post with this: this config of yours is the one I have the most trouble with.

Alright thanks

I'm at a weird place where I absolutely have no clue how to open up my opponent. I kinda just throw out buttons and hope for the best, but I wind up getting hit because my blockstrings are bad. I generally try to refrain from using the Superdash because 2H exists, but whenever I try to use it in a blockstring, I always get BTFO, but I can't ever seem to punish it on reaction when someone does it to me.

At the same time, I have no idea how to defend properly. Been trying to implement reflect more, but what tends to happen is I'll reflect 2-3 hits in a blockstring, but the enemy will instantaneously zoom right back up (faster than dash speed) and I'll get wrecked.

Basically, I only know combo and nothing else.

Yeah of course it's true.

I mean I know the general gist of it is true but I never saw the point system shit anywhere except for this video.

You need to lose way more points when you lose in ranked.

I'm getting fucking ravaged every single match by players infinitely better than I'll ever be, and I can't even fucking down rank back to where I should be.

Well that's 'cause your not searching well. I've seen a lot of them. And with a lot of examples. Like the guy being dark green, and there's really a few of them, so he never ranked up, asked a friend to let him win, and he ranked up. Test it out if your so not sure. Searching in 4 chan for comfirmations is not the best thing you know xD

Just wanted to say thanks again for such an informative post. Tried it out for a bit in practice to get used to it and now am 5-0 after the change

So I wanted to run a team with 21 and Beerus. Ans was thinking who could I put as third. The idea would be have 21 as point and Beerus as mid, so I would be searching for am anchor. But don't know, maybe they don't work well together? I was also thinking of maybe playing instead cell as point and have 21 as mid and beerus as anchor?
I would love some help and tips.

Mary Sue 21 is a Mary Sue and works with basically anyone

>XDDDD
reddit was a mistake

21 is at her best on point.
With Beerus as a mid, you'll need an anchor with a good assist.
There are the obvious Goku/Vegeta/Black trio of staple good assists that can fulfill that role, but if you want something different, I'd suggest Tien.
He's a good mid and used as an anchor sometimes, even if that's just a meme. But a useful meme still. His Dodonpa/Dodon Ray is a nice assist.

>>xD

why

I'll try Tien, 'cause I already feel pretty comfortable on black, so I prefer to try sonething new before going to him. And I was interested in tien anyways.
Thanks for the help.

He's basically the Dragon Ball version of Hulk, big, narrow-minded and extremely violent. and in a series that's about being strong a big raging fucker like Broly goes over really well.

Not to mention the whole Legendary Super Saiyan stuff.but gives a few people raging hard-on's.

Yeah Battle Of God's made GT non canon by revealing that the Pilaf gang (some time before or after Goku came back to earth after Namek) made a wish to be younger. (young Pilaf gang means no Old Pilaf gang, no Old Pilaf gang means no Adult Kid Goku))

youtube.com/watch?v=5K5LLbxY7p0

And yeah Jiren is just a generic "someone killed my family and all my friends so I will dedicate my life to being strong because strength is all that matters" cliche.

>My power level is 530,000

The fuck? Isn't that less than Ginyu?

It's just a reference to a boast Frieza made in his first form to Nail. When you realise that all of Frieza's forms are actually power dampeners (besides his actual form, his 4th) it makes sense why his level would be that low.

youtube.com/watch?v=ywsJKq4PLv4

Ginyu is like 120k

Why can't young Pilaf gang just make a wish to make Goku a kid?

I just fucking can't with this game, fags rq mid fight or at the end in fucking CASUAL? and it doesnt help the fact that every fag i play with probably look like pic related

Am just fucking done with this game, i gotta delete this game and take shower to clean myself

>Give every character 3 assists to chose from like in a good game (mahvel)
>now has Kamehameha and Solar Flare as assists

there, I just fixed Krillin as well as the entire game.

I know this was bait but this is honestly my main problem with the game right now, if all the characters who had Kamehamehas could use them as assists and characters just had more options for assists in general then we wouldn't have the issue of Vegeta and Black fucking everywhere

Or give Krillin Hidden Missiles.

doesn't he have access to missiles once he runs out of sensu beans or was that only in beta?

use overheads+assist calls
pause inbetween lows to frametrap people
mix in M>jump>instant airdash>dash in overhead into mixups
don't be afraid to go for Dragon Rush if somebody's blocking is too good

as for defense know that a lot of people online don't have safe block pressure and you can probably use a Light to get out of a lot of their garbage
don't reflect multiple hits in a blockstring, once you've deflected them away once immediately start trying to get out of there

>piccolo that low
I know hes right, but this is just upsetting.

that tier list was literally made in like 15 minutes while Sonicfox was sperging on stream and is not reflective of actual meta or character usage whatsoever.

Piccolo is legit shit though. He has no midscreen damage or oki and he needs specific assists to do damage in the corner

You have to think though, and this is something no one says, that tier list sonicfox made is to be considered as a tier list for each charachter as individual. So it means nothing in an actual comp. With the right comp you can make anything high tier imo.
Well your wrong and right. You're saying it like it's bullshit, and it is not, though it's obviously from sonicfox point of view, and not so much as a general objective tier list

>that tier list sonicfox made is to be considered as a tier list for each character as an individual

This is complete bullshit and something people are just spreading around based on assumption since Vegeta is so low, if you've actually seen the video of him making the tier list he brings up character's assists.

Go to 2 minutes in to see him place Vegeta, he actually says "his assist isn't even that good".

Also he talks about Android 16 having one of the best assists in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=CSTn_7tN3Eo

I agree with you but I'm tired of people spreading that list around like it's fact and at all a useful resource.

Eh, what? I was in the stream while he was making it, and he literally says at the end. "Obviously with the right comp everything work, this is as individual" what it's that stupid logic? An assist it's an aspect from a INDIVIDUAL charachter, so it obviously is taken into consideration while making a Tier List if INDIVIDUAL ch. The fact that he uses assist examples doesn't change shit. That's not rating a tier list taking into account comos, wtf. Try to better think what your gonna say mate

suck my balls

I misread your post since people have been spreading that the tier list doesn't take assists into account because of the "individual" comment, yes you can make all the characters work with a good team comp (literally any character is good with a Vegeta/Black shell).

however better characters can add more to a team so to assume tier lists ranking individual characters mean nothing is also not true since the better characters are going to add much more to your team than lower tier characters.

Sonic explains his reasoning though. If you're planning to play like Sonic then it's worth a lot and it's still worth something if you plan to play like Chris G and the west coast. No one on the west respects Vegeta as a character and uses him solely to lame out and take hits so other characters to gain blue health.

I don't expect Sonic to know every character especially weirdos like MajinBuu, but I think after a few majors Sonic's opinion on more popular characters like 18 and 16 will be set in stone.

Jesus.

I can extend combos all day, but actually trying to apply written examples makes me feel autistic as fuck. Also, deciding which hits to make (2M vs. 5M in air, etc.) makes my head hurt.

I think I need to just slow it all down.

M H S (DR)
L A1 A2 (SD)

I might be retarded.

is that level 3 sparking with assists?

Yeah the youtube link at the bottom is me doing the combo (shows the level 3 sparking)

Its just something I made so its pretty easy to regurgitate down onto writing, it doesn't do 100-0 though using 6 bars, not sure how I could improve it further

what's the point when you can never do that in a real match?

I wrote down a lot of inputs, but all it requires is getting any hit in the corner and I can start it

The only reqs it needs is
>my assist to be alive
>6 bars
>corner

Only one of those is hard to get in a real match, if I don't have 6 bars I can always do a shorter version

Oh ok, so we both misunderstood each other haha
And yeah obviously, I didn't mean it literal the "means nothing" thing.
Well my fightpad has 8 buttons and I still use
L M A1
S H A2 SB
SB=Spaarking Blast.
Using all 8 buttons regularly feels clunky, I think using 6 is kindda better, but obv depends of person, the fightpad they're using, position, etc, etc, so it's really personal at the end.
I only use one of the remainig 2 for the SB 'cause sometimes pressing all 4 buttons is not registered and to not mess up I put it there.

I don't know at what level you play, but in high ranks, getting someone in a corner, it's not exactly "easy". In fact it's way easier to get 6 bars.