/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging. Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 19th of February:

1600 – The Peruvian stratovolcano Huaynaputina exploded in the largest volcanic explosion in South America in historical times.
1811 – Peninsular War: An outnumbered French force under Édouard Mortier routed and nearly destroyed the Spanish at the Battle of the Gebora near Badajoz, Spain.
1948 – The Southeast Asian Youth Conference, which is believed to have inspired armed communist rebellions in different Asian countries, opened in Calcutta, India.
1999 – U.S. President Bill Clinton issued a posthumous pardon to Henry Ossian Flipper, the first African American graduate of West Point, who had been accused of embezzlement in 1881.
Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
EU4 DD 13/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1069383

CK2 DD 29/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1067226

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2 - 14/12/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KboYKUaqIe4
youtube.com/watch?v=toqWieVLxdw
businessinsider.com/largest-ethnic-groups-in-america-2013-8
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi-4-dev-diary-formable-nations-and-achievements.1069661
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anime

2nd for paradoxplaza

well well well
carrying on from last thread it's taken nearly 6 years but I've driven the Germans back, all the way to the Rhine. encircled around 20 divisions in Alsace Lorraine and am endlessly raining down V1 rockets on their industrial centres and hampering unit movement.
given I'm using defensive doctrine, it's been an insane grind but it looks like I might have pulled it off. so long as Austria stays neutral I've almost certainly got this now.

current losses are France 2.6 million, Germany 4.1 million. Britain has been sat on their island for years doing nothing.

Großgermaniums

Fifth for Georgia

Sixt for gassing russians in vic2

7th 4 literal god.

After the passing of the Serbian monarch a power vacuum was left in the western Balkans. Acting swiftly Roman armies have moved in to secure the southern section bringing it back under the control of the Emperor.

Meanwhile Venice strikes southern Greece in order to capture the city of Athens and the Ottoman Turks are fighting a close war in Anatolia in order to assert their dominance.

An opportunity has arisen to expand but the court is split between Greece and Anatolia.

How did you win first war against Ottomans?

Kojak.

They attacked another Beylik and I jumped in on it and sieged a few forts down and wiped some isolated stacks of 1 and got a quick peace deal for the southern strait crossing. I jumped them again when they started another war and did basically the same thing and took back Nikaia and Nikomedia. I haven't fought a real battle against them yet because they have a huge morale advantage over me.

Turks are white and based

no

I broke the mongol invasion
oops

Yes

*marches into /gsg/*

youtube.com/watch?v=KboYKUaqIe4

To protect our Greek brethren in Athens and Achaea from Venetian rule Roman armies moved swiftly to occupy the contested territory. While it took time for the local rulers to surrender the people greeted the army as liberators.

At the same time our proud navy moved to reclaim the island of Rhodes. After a long siege the catholic crusaders withdrew from the city handing it back to its rightful owner.

At the same time the Ottoman Turks managed to win their war in Anatolia but at a great cost draining all their able bodied in the conflict. With a fragile army it seems the Ottoman expansion will grind to a halt for the foreseeable future.

>play eu4 with its soundtrack
>sudenly some greaseball starts "singing" CLANG CLANG CLANG
What the fuck

Those are unironically the most based tracks out of the whole ost my man
Way better than the sabaton horseshit or entirely uninspired generic-ass normal themes

>or entirely uninspired generic-ass normal themes
back THE FUCK off?
youtube.com/watch?v=toqWieVLxdw

>be caliph
>marry 3 qt sisters, all of them happen to be genius
>5 years later
>die to heart attack while fucking them
fuck he had such good stats too

Fuck I hate elective ruining my plans, I need to switch to gavelkind
What religion should I convert to? Islam or christianity and what sect?

based islam of course

Casual sects are the best sects, don't go for anything hardline.

Renaissance astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus was born #onthisday in 1473. His radical model of the universe placed the sun, rather than the earth, at its centre. First published in 1543, his ‘On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres’ proposed a heliocentric view of the universe – with earth and the planets revolving around the sun. Copernicus had originally circulated this idea among friends in the early 1500s.

#
Did you try using the ‘claim on French throne’ CB
Also restart if Brittany doesn’t form, and get them transferring trade power before hand
Try and get subjugate Scotland mission early on or claim their throne if you can RM them early on, also advisable to try and ally Aragon, also marry HRE minors so you can expand within the empire more easily
>letting the ottomans getting that big
>playing EZ mode byzantines
Why

You declare when they’ve declared their first war
You build up ships in your first year, all galleys
Use estates the day you declare war
Hire a diplo rep adviser and try to ally Eretna
Also try to ally Naples and take Albania and the Corfu islands after your ottoman war
The ottoman war should be based around getting all of your cores back, MEIOU makes this so fucking easy because of war dynamism, just never meet the ottomans in open field

Kinda want to for making lots of monies but Im surrounded by orthodox and my grandson will inherit stuff in Greece
Ill probably go Orthodox, but this heresy sounds fun too

YOU FUCKING RETARD
why aren’t you constantly going to war with ottomans, subsidise all their enemies

>shitting on white and based Russians
Why tho
>patriarch of alania
Ebin

>russians
>white
>based
"lol"

>Russians
It wasn't russian.

Belarus is literally white.

russia is a land of asiatic subhumans

Really
What was his actual name

>Did you try using the ‘claim on French throne’ CB
That's part of it, naturally, but isn't the system event-controlled? I was under the impression there were different ways to achieve a PU over France, like the difference between France and Dauphine.

RIP daddy...
The faggot king of Alania excommunicated him because supposedly we are his de jure vassal, but thats bullshit, Circassians are strong and independent people

thats a weird hundred years war

*Asiatic subhumans destroy Aryan ubermensch*

b...but muh human wave tactics

What's with the ugly font

>anglos are not white
>but belgians are
Alright, retard

Let's say hypothetically I was playing a game as Timurids and both Ottomans and Russia hated me and were allied, and then Ming, Commonwealth and Bahamis (basically all of India at this point) all also rivalled me should I just restart?

what mod do I play for ck2 After the End HIP? my slavic england playthough is irking me

Anglos are unironically the whitest race

HIP

Stop stealing our history wh*Teoids Anglos are pure BLACK.

FOR CK2, what is the better portrat mod, CRP plus or better looking garments?

t. Subhuman G*rms

hatred of anglos is jealously over the british empire and the unparalleled power of america

>unparalleled power of america

Ah yes the widely known Anglo kingdom of America.

t. 6% German mutt

Who will bring an end to this liqqykid menace?

>*nglos, burgers and continentals still pretending to be white
Absolutely disgusting

Anime portraits. I'm serious and unironical.

businessinsider.com/largest-ethnic-groups-in-america-2013-8

>Almost double the ammount of Germ ancestors compared to Anglos

Really makes you think.

america was founded by anglos
subhuman elements like catholics and mestizos cannot change that

>more citizens of English descent have started to list themselves as “American.”

American rebelled to break off from the inbred monarchist tyrant anglos, Explain to me how does that turn into ''america was founded by anglos''

can the AI for greater bulgaria or is it player only?

I forgot that the American people literally came into existence in 1775 as an otherworldly force for human liberty, and weren't a bunch of Anglo settlers from the previous hundred-odd years getting angry about tax rates.

i maked women CEO

That's just your standard burger claiming that they're German simply because they have blonde hair and blue eyes or whatever, literally means nothing

so an anglo civil war

>and weren't a bunch of Anglo settlers

Anglo,French,Dutch,Spanish,German*

Don't forget the monopoly of the East Indian trade company, which not only suffocated the economy but also limited their sugar supply(the colonies needed this sugar to produce alcohol). Also the parliament tried to force the settlers to house soldiers into their homes.

>why should the Palatine Boors be suffered to swarm into our settlements, and by herding together establish their languages and manners to the exclusion of ours? Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our language or customs, any more than they can acquire our complexion?
t. Benjamin Franklin

good point. true germans pictured

i'm ceo now

And now Mudslimes everywhere, what happened?

Should I just claim their throne or wait for the Iberian wedding?

*takes away your factories*

As you can see in , it was all the Palatine Boors.

the Jews won.

God i want to fuck her

Why are burgers so god damn paranoid about "muh data"
It's actually ridiculous, someone justify it to me

t. NSA

Create your own friends

>EU4 keeps crashing to desktop on the 4th of July after I've formed Japan
Great game, would uninstall again.

Revenge for pearl harbour

>Revenge for something 443 years in the future
But now the Nips have a just CB!

why?

Just discovered the source of the nile as austria
do i name it lake
franz
metternich
habsburg
osterreich
vienna

lake grobgermaniia

Metternich

franz

So if I get HoI 4 do I get the Poland DLC for free or do I have to buy the faggy Cadet edition which includes dumb shit I don't want to get the Poland DLC?

>create custom empire in CK
>get not only a color that is ugly but is also identical to a neighbour who has a huge blob
is there a mod to remedy this

Since it's a paradox game, I assume you can just edit your savegame

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi-4-dev-diary-formable-nations-and-achievements.1069661

edit the save if you're not a ironman cuck

i never done that but im going to look it up
what based colour should i chose

dumb mongols submitting to other mongols

r8 my grobbensitalien
>inb4 blobtard amerimutts

>cropping

>cropping

>No Udine bulge
dropped