Monster hunter general /mhq/

Mewostress is my wife! Edition

Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread: → #

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tOruTzN39d4&t=1h4m34s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HBG best

>five fingers
DELETE THIS
thread war now

how do you guys like this set? pretty happy with it

youtube.com/watch?v=tOruTzN39d4&t=1h4m34s
TAKBIIIIIR

>ear crutches

meowstress is cute with any amount of fingers!

Sleep tight kushy

>wanting to use a bowgun means having to take into account how many different types of shells it can load and the amount of ammo each level of said shell can hold as well as its deviation and special ammo typing.

i want to use this weapon i really do but it can be such a hassle at times, sort of wish there was just a shitty one that covered every angle and that i didnt have to waste tons of inventory slots carrying spare ammunition all day.

>Running Handicraft on LBG

Pretty good if it's not ugly, pretty eh otherwise

>using usefull skills that are available

what an idiot right guys

fingerfags on suicide watch

>crit boost and WE, but attack boost instead of crit eye
>earplugs

>/mhq/
>Link to the wrong thread
user, please.

Previous thread:

>does it use slicing/piercing/spread
>if yes then it's good
>if no then it's bad
There. Is that so hard?

Post yours

Teaching myself hammer and it’s fun. So far I figure the basic gameplay loop is run around and dodge stuff until you get an opponent, then smack the monster in the face with a basic upswing until it falls over, when it does just Big Bang it’s head in and repeat that loop until it dies. What I don’t get yet is the charging mechanic. None of the three moves that can come out of it seem to offer any significant damage to be worthwhile. The level 3 spin could probably do good damage, but you need a pretty big opening to land all of it, and in that case you’re better off just using Big Bang for more damage. Hammerbros, what purpose does the charging mechanic fulfill?

>get a job
>can no longer smash 10-12 hours into world every day like I've done since launch

t-this is the end anons, i don't want to go

I feel the same. I might just stick to bow instead. It's so melee friendly. Only has the coatings to worry about and sliding around like a madman is actually pretty fun.

>when you play DaS2

>this messed up OP

five finger posters are the SCOURGE of humanity!

>/mhq/

Huntresses

Been there, user. It's better this way. The time you do have for hunting now will be much more appreciable and you'll be happier in the long run

Hey guy with the 5 cart tempered teo, I'll come play with you if you post lobby?

>he cries out again as he stops his combo to dodge the roar while the earplugs chad just keeps fucking swinging away

>don't have a job
>have all the time to play video games
>can't afford them

>have a job
>can finally afford video games
>can't play them because all i want to do when i get home is sleep

>played World at least 6 hours a day since launch
>gave up video games for Lent
>no video games until March 29th

>sliding around like a madman is actually pretty fun.

I just tried it for the first time this weekend, it really is a lot of fun. Drains stamina like a motherfucker though, is there even a Stamina Recovery skill anymore? Haven't seen it yet.

>he doesn't play GS

I didn't farm Triple Threat as much as I'd hoped, is there a good way to farm gems right now? I just need fodder, so anything is good, really.

say: "MHW is shit and P2G is the best" and I'll tell you

t. wagecuck supremo

You should always powercharge (R2+O)

While powercharged you will do more damage and more KO until you are either knocked down or sheathe your hammer. Also, the non-whirlwind charged attacks are more useful than triangle combo for hit-and-run.

yes it's called marathon runner

Rank 3 slows stamina drain by 30%.

Dumb frogposter

The only way to actually farm good gems is spamming tempered elders and melding with the highest tier

>the vigin "better delay my true charge so I can tackle this next roar" tackle
>the chad earplugs "shut the fuck up" true charge

>the wagecuck's fragile feelings are wounded
>yonder wagie doth ragie

how long does protective polish last? i'm hoping that + a few speed sharpens will make dual blades even more retarded

unrelated but I got a charge+ gem, is this any good? I have never bowed but might try it out if this is actually good.

>is there even a Stamina Recovery skill anymore
Marathon Runner slows constant stamina drain.
Constitution reduces the stamina cost of stuff like dodges.
Stamina Surge speeds up stamina recovery.

What's the best pallico gear and skill combos to make my pallico the best ever

coral drum

what weapon? like the other poster said just try to stay close to him, around his shoulder, plus fireproof mantle + vitality mantle. at that point you just have to watch for his physical attacks which do less but you have to be careful because he stuns often

im farming him right now, just got a streamstone for my weapon

Now there’s a truly asinine reason.

>he calls it P2G instead of FU
bet you use LS 90% of the time you colossal homo

Just give it a sleep weapon and bring mega barrel bombs every hunt

Monsters that are confirmed female:
>Rathian
>Pink Rathian
>Tobi-Kadachi
>Black Diablos
>Legiana
>Xeno'jiiva
>Vaal Hazak

Paralyze weapon + coral cheerhorn for mini horn bro
Blastblight weapon + meolotov cocktail for explosion memes
Sleep weapon + plunderblade for sleepbombing and loot

>craftable/upgradeable charms effectively removed charm farming, the most unfun thing in the entire MH series
>blacksmith in the New World doesn't know how to make decorations

>Tobi-Kadachi
>Legiana
post vagoo or fiction

>expecting a literal who tripfag to have good reasons for being fucking retarded

You need to completely reverse everything you think you know about hammer. You literally just explained how not to play it by believing the things you say.

Someone post ID, i just want to kill stuff

My shoulder tackle alone deals more damage than anything you can do with your 5 wasted slots

>melder can make decorations but only the most basic of basic ones.

it was SnS in that game and P2G blood and fan translations are better than the western release

Thank you friends.
Sounds like I want Constitution and Stamina Surge then.

Not at my MH machine but I'm using Hammer her Ravine

>male names
>tobe kadachi
>lagiano
kek did spics named these?

I'll take this system over the fucking travesty that was charm farming and TABLEMEMES

>stop paying for a bit
>suddenly im hr100
wtf

Should I not bother with the other 2 tiers?

Not him, bit was he wrong about the nig bang part? It seems worthwhile to use on a big opening suvh as a paralyze/trip/mount/KO.

The Man as a DLC blacksmith when?

nah they're worthless

>hunting rathalos in an expedition
>fighting him in his nest
>fire a flash pod
>rathalos falls directly on top of me
>except he wasn't near me when I flashed
>and this rathalos seems kind of big
>and dark
>and rathlos is actually standing over there
>it's fucking bagelgoose
>he was just pulling up to the nest to be a giant piece of shit when he got hit by the flash
WHY IS THIS MONSTER SUCH A TWAT

p.s. this was my first hunt with a bevelsluice. how the fuck are you supposed to get anything done with this fucking assberger showing up and spasming around whenever you try to hunt something???

After the Little Miss Forge and Catalina DLC combo pack.

someone kidnap little miss forge to the new world

>"Earplugs are essentially damage! I can attack while the monster while it roars! "

solid logic, unfortunately most of the most-farmed monsters in the game raise their head a mile into the air when they roar (Vaal, Teo, Kush)

Can someone explain how to beat nergigante with a melee weapon? I just reached him and I had to use a LBG to beat him when I normally use the charge blade.

I think this system is better. I think the RNG for decos could be more targeted, like if the stuff you got would be related to the monster you killed for it.

Vaal's got that stupid insta-roar into slow-mo bodyslam thing though, so earplugs against him get a pass.

You shitpost him or kill him.

Who gives a shit?
World is the easiest MH to date, min-maxing is less important than ever and Earplugs remove one of the most annoying aspects of some fights.

Lasts about a minute.

Teo and Kush both put their mugs in a reliable spot after their roars though

>need a xeno gem
How do I make farming this shit less boring?

Not all of us use little toddler weapons with the effective range of your dick

>decide to craft Nerg IG for shits and giggles because I've only used the hammer and LS
>turn into some kind of blender or angry helicopter, flipping and spinning and exploding while Nerg is lying on his side stunlocked and horns and spikes fly everywhere as PARTS BROKEN fills up the screen like it's cowadoody

I think this is my new favorite weapon

buy it from the elder melder

Is the Xbox service down again? I was playing at 6 but just went back online now at 10 and can’t join any online sessions at all. I get paranoid it’s my internet so help me out by telling me if anything’s up with yours!

I used my gold tickets already.

It's stupid. You're wasting slots that you can use for overall more damage in a game where you can dodge, block or just wear op mantle to ignore roars in the first place.
It's just a bad skill with how many slots it needs.

>pick up T2 tracks
>get T1 investigations

LittleMissForgemind

you cant consistently reach their heads while they roar with any weapon. not unless you exclusively get gold mini crowns on every hunt.

Why didn't they make any of the elder dragons fun to fight? These are the worst monsters in the game and they're the only ones worth farming.

Shattercryst with pierce build. It wont be less boring, i dont think there is anything that can do that. but its will cut your time down a lot so you can get it faster and go do other things.

Teach me how to IG, I've never touched it

I kind of enjoy fighting Teo as long as I've got 20+ fire resist

Fuck Kush though

In previous games, the monsters to farm for the best stuff usually ends up not being the Elder Dragons.

this, solo i effectively kill things fast enough that they are roaring a good amount of the time anyway. that and other post acts like nothing is a weak spot except the head

>completely reverse everything you know about hammer
So use regular upswing when the monster is down and use big bang when he’s attacking me and I don’t have a large opening? Gee thanks for the help user.

>get red and white extract
>mark the monster's face with the pheromone
>turn into a beyblade
>mount monsters you hate fighting normally

there you go

Nergigante and Teostra are fun to fight.
Vaal Hazak is hit or miss.
Kushala and Kirin are just annoying though.