freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

nexpanama.com/videos/entrevista-jose-fernando-gracia-creador-de-juego-bug-fables-56553
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sort of unrelated, but has anyone here played the Bug Fables' demo? I need help. I have completed everything but the Bestiary. I am missing monster number 10, but have absolutely no clue where to find it. I already defeated the enemies at the theater and the Spider rematch. I suppose that's Maki or whatever he's called, but I don't know where to find him if that's what I need to do.

HOW DO I MAKE A GOOD HUB WORLD

look at games with good hub worlds and copy

Treat it like a real level with secrets and interesting things to do

Lack of progress today because of chores. I've decided to move away from complete procedural city generation and focus on a premade city, but with proceduraly generated content. First experiments seem to be promising.
Also shift from pure fantasy to industrial revolution + psychic powers.

make good levels then make a good level to connect them together

add a cute dog that follows you around in it

You should try /indie/. It's a better place to talk about playing games.

a lot of characters
a lot of things to interact with
a reasonable amount of props/doodads
not a lot of walking between them

Will do. Thanks a lot.

how do you get sexual favors from bee-chan?

Never mind. I think the problem was that I forgot to scan/tattle the optional boss at the theater. Silly me.

You shitpost about it on /v/.

This.

>bug paper mario game is shilled endlessly on /v/
>it reaches its goal after everyone said it would fail
Is this a coincidence? Is this what I have to do with my game?

>you will never make a game so good that people come into a development thread desperate to find information on how they can complete the enemy log book in the mere demo version

What sort of gameplay?

Guyse, ive got an asigment in college to make a browser game with html css and JS, whats best tool for the job "gdeveloper" or "construct2"?

Advertize? That's a good start, yes.

You are putting the cart before the horse my lad. And anyone that honestly thought the game would fail is mentally retarded. Extremely so, even by /agdg/ standards.

>2018
>there is still no chao garden game
Explain this

nexpanama.com/videos/entrevista-jose-fernando-gracia-creador-de-juego-bug-fables-56553
bug paper mario devs are good at shilling

It's waiting for you. :^)

>bugnigger is a BR
all is explained

I'm busy with my game

Can a chao garden be added to any game to improve it? Maybe I'll do that

third person survival - war ruined city, pc is weak, every enemy is strong so have to pick your battles. emphasis on ranged combat(primitive guns) and psychic powers/occult that are more powerful but draining.

I was thinking of making one, but I'm not sure what sort of game I should make for collecting the various bits you give to chao to level up their stats. Maybe it could be a fairly basic roguelite sort of thing where you spend like 3 minutes in a dungeon fighting enemies and finding various resources and stuff?

how to make a less than 5 mb 3d and very simple game on a single executable file on windows and linux ??

Yes, as long as it's make sense.

embed the other files as resources.

Like Recettear and collecting items for your shop.

In that context I don't think the 'game' needs to be particularly good because if people care about the collecting then they will care about the gameplay.
Most of the levels in Adventure 2 were trash.

Make it all from scratch and make it as optimized as humanly possible and also make most of the textures and stuff procedural.

Or just use Godot and stop caring about 5mb limit.

Yeah, whenever I collected stuff for my chao in SA2 I'd just play one of the few levels that was fun, unless there was a specific animal in another level I wanted.

Idea guy here:
It's the Olympics except with mecha representing each country.

>industrial revolution + psychic powers
almost best setting, commendable
best would be industrial revolution + fantasy magic

>shilled endlessly on /v/
>falseflags and pretending to be retarded to a comical degree that ended in bug fables threads getting autosaged

Sounds like a waste of cool mech mechanics. You're not even good at ideaguying.

>falseflags
nah, it has to be the devs. no one could be that autistic to create the sheer number of posts about the game just to try to ruin it

>need to test some camera adjustments
>have some fun fighting the AI
>don't even pay attention to the changes
>repeat four times in a row
Don't make your game fun if you want to make progress /agdg/

What would be wasted?

If your mechas don't do anything fancier than regular people or tanks, they're shit.

Does this also apply to hentai artists? They'll just endlessly fap to their own drawings??

>no one could be that autistic to create the sheer number of posts about the game just to try to ruin it
i could see it happening, considering what i've seen goes on in these threads sometimes.

Why would they not do those things? They are fast and mobile, and they can do combat.

Mechs are only cool if the pilots are cute anime girls.

All the pilots in my game are hairy tumblr girls

In that case, why olympics ? It brings nothing if it's just pseudo-war.

fuck off falseflagger

you didn't draw that. just stop. this is sad.

time to get started on a combat system!

No one will pay attention to my idea if I don't attach cool pictures to my posts.

I don't think so, a drawing is a fixed system as opposed to an AI. I can find new situations that arise. And the more mechanics/enemies I put in, the more it will be the case.

AI, Manly men and old men are also sensible choices. Wimpy main characters are objectively garbage.

>no option to avoid
Doomed.

I want to start a game with Frogger-like movement. I thought a simple tile system would be a good starting point, but then I realized that Frogger games get much more complicated than that. They have all these curving paths mixed with more traditional square tiles, like pic related. And then there's the moving platforms. How could I go about making a similar system? Where do I start?

Because the Olympics will test the mechs on much more than just combat. They are tested on accuracy, speed, agility, strength. It's much more than just standard combat that you'd get in most mecha games.

Sounds like a better anime rather than a game.

>accuracy, speed, agility, strength.
>much more than just standard combat that you'd get in most mecha games
Not only do any of these are encountered in combat, but how the fuck would you make mechas powerlifting an interesting gameplay mechanics ?

These are not even your pictures. Why are you avatarfagging?

why does this move me absolute forward and not relative forward?

this is getting pathetic

>They are tested on accuracy, speed, agility, strength
make an interesting game mechanic testing each one RIGHT NOW

This game would have to be "build your own mech" with autistic capabilities like Kerbal space program and that one game I can't remember the name of. It had a show where contestants built robots which were basically remote controlled cars with switchblades half the time but the game was dope since it allowed you to build and wire your own robot to fight. But it also had physics involved.

Basically make it goat simulator tier for the retards and sheer "build your own computer in minecraft" autism tier for the higher levels.

because you're not transforming the vector at all, so of course it's in world space

>game just freezes randomly when ran through the play mode

>game crashes when played in editor
>close firefox
>game doesn't crash anymore

>it's another "rewrite my engine" episode

stop shilling this

shut the fuck up, just become a good game finally comes out for once from /agdg/ and is being praised elsewhere doesn't mean its being shilled

>finally buy rpg maker
>go to check the general for tips but it's dead
>can't post progress for feedback here because i'll get bullied for not using a real engine

>new thread first post
>silly me, can someone help with the Bug Fables demo?
yeah, definitely not shilling

post it here anyway, just make sure it looks like its not a generic RPGMaker game

You can tell Bug Fables is gonna be wildly successful because its causing way more asshurt than Fight Knight and Blue Omen did.

That is frogger?

I thought it was just river jumping

But I'm just starting out and learning so that's exactly what it is

The best camera is the one you don't even notice

>he isn't using a real engine

Stop making excuses you piece of shit.
Just like make game.

Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge for PS1, Dreamcast, and PC. Really great game.

Can an engine be real if your game isn't real?

frogger 1 and 2 for ps were fancier

Why use RPGmaker over Unity?

Making a game with RPG Maker is better than whining about how other people might react to you using RPG Maker.

You can't make an RPG Maker game not look like an RPG Maker game unless you use the shitty scripting to bypass literally everything in the engine, and then you could have just done the same in a proper engine more easily and faster.

Whoever was behind it was clever to keep pushing until it gained traction.

the game was already at like 60-70% of the goal before threads on /v/ went to shit

The only non-real engine is Godot. Every other engine has games, so they're real.

wait a minute this bug fable game got $20k wtf

Do any games use 3D characters for 2D dialogue sequences?

That's no reason for you to not chip in too.

Mount and Blade

stop

Dang so the whole thing is real time grid based, that's funky.

>best would be industrial revolution + fantasy magic
thanks man, i thought about that but i feel like a gritty, war torn, steam and wrought iron aesthetic would be ad odds with high fantasy magic, or rather, it would require extraordinary design talent to make it work, which i don't have.

Yeah, it's a cool system, that's why I want to figure out the best way to replicate it. Obviously a 2D array is out of the question. Would I just have to place individual nodes manually to account for the tiles that don't adhere to a perfect grid?

>it's a game runs differently depending on what else you're doing the PC episode

You could do that, it shouldn't be that much effort to put them down by hand.

I'd put more focus on fancy debug visuals so you can see the grid and where you will jump from each one.

that dev only comes here to shill anyway, i'd hardly call it an /agdg/ game

I spent hours trying to figure out what the fuck was introducing a hiccup in my game only to realize that having netflix on a second monitor will cause UE4 to hiccup every 2-3 seconds consistently.

next jam?