/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Kill yourself edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log stalker.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1cnQeURGCjHTRPOGJH8G5ijP1fw5vbVWSE7opABcBpNk
>Mod Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1JPA0hQZVJ6mSvTsp6Sy3CoAkObJOKeoPHEamDC19Lio
>Miscellaneous Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/103nyaAM5PKgBwuZ35jRbv7VM7tEcvi1Scv6boOMe1RM
>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
stalkermod.ru/MODYI-Teni-CHernobyilya/stalker-taynyy-put.html
youtube.com/watch?v=H7LBTzZ3Kg0
youtu.be/Mb538HmpLTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
>Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
>Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
-skip_reg on the .exe starting path after " or if you're using CoC on Steam game>properties>set launch options

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Last thread:

Which mod has that dante model?

Ok just got a rpg in cop. Should i keep it or sell it?

THE FUCKING MADMAN

What mod has the best story?

op-2

I'd say valley of whispers or wind of time if you are looking for oc stories.

Sell, it's not worth the weight just get a Bulldog grenade launcher.

Most comfy zone?
Most terrifying zone?

/sg/

>NPP is supposed to be in the center of the Zone
>it's clearly in the North
what did they mean by this? What's North to the NPP?

>comfy
Cordon/Zaton/Pripyat
>terrifying
Limansk/Sarco if it counts because jesus fuck that shits annoying/Red Forest because I really hate it/I guess maybe Jupiter if you're a dootard, hate freedom and muties.

sdalger du

Who's the "mysterious stalker" that took over yanov for freedom? Because last I remember I gave it to dooty

Any mods with flamethrowers?

OGSE

Cordon is pretty comfy, but so is Great Swamp if you happen to belong to Clear Sky

Radar while the Brain Scorcher is active is pretty spooky, the landscape is especially bleak and the emitters really dominate the vibe while they're powered on

I fucking love those lightning effects when you can see the emitter giving off charges in the distance
Looks like some LOTR Minas Morgul shit or something

CoC

I'm playing Misery 1.2 as USS Sniper and I can't equip my binoculars anymore. Tried reinstalling and didn't work.
Also is the Mosin Nagant scope upgrade bugged? It doesn't give me a scope but actually does fucking nothing. I tried a new game, ran to Skadovsk, sold everything I had and bought the upgrade, still nothing.

I asked this question in a dead thread already and a nice fellow stalker told me to upload items.ltx and wpnaddons.ltx. there are two items.ltx (on in configs and one in configs/misc and no wpnaddons or something like that, just various weapon upgrades. which ones should I upload?

OP-2

SGM

Holy shit, I just got memed on hard.

>Last day 1.3
>Travel up to Jupiter through Red Forest
>Smooth sailing through Red Forest
>Get to Jupiter, kill a single Monolith patrol
>Just kidding! Every Monolith between here and CNNP is now bum-rushing my position
>Spend the next 20 minutes fighting Monolith and a few bandits that decided to join in on the fun
>At least 50 corpses littered around the anomalous grove area
>Haul that fat loot to Yanov
>Decide "I never fast travel, let's try taking the guide to Zaton"
>Spawn into Skadovsk, suddenly gunfire
>Monolith are inside Skadovsk, trying to gun me down
>No one inside Skadovsk is fighting back, just standing/sitting around drinking while I fight for my life
>Monolith are wallhacking around me moving through solid objects
>After another 10 minutes of fighting, say "fuck it" and try to fast travel to the Outskirts to get away
>Spawn dead in the rookie village instead
>Turn game off

You guys weren't kidding about meme mods, I think I've had my fill of last day.

PLAY

Keep it for pseudogiants.

You just need to find the actual scope item like in SOC, the upgrade does fuck all. Can't remember if you can buy it or if it's in a stash somewhere.

It's shit, bugged scripts, item prices and effects, wonky missions, play MLR.

What mod are you guys playing? Been awhile since I've touched a stalker.

>Yanov anomalies not spawning artifacts after placing scanners

Known bug, a fix exists. PRP includes it. You can search the individual fix in gsc forums (if the links still work).

>fast travel didnt cause this

desu last day fucked up when they removed safe spots

How many mod packs are going to come out? Every time I look at CoC addons it's like wading through shit. We got mod packs that didn't require merging. Two second ltx tweaks as top rated mods. TV replacers. It's hurting me. Please, stop.

>It's shit, bugged scripts, item prices and effects, wonky missions
>Play an even worse mod
What did user mean by this?

>Two second ltx tweaks as top rated mod
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF STALKERS

>worse than last meme
What did YOU mean by this?
MLR might be a little rough but it's no where near as bad.

>but it's no where near as bad.
Might as well play vanilla. Less buggy somehow.

DEFEND THIS

>Play MLR
>When MLR is already in Last Day
What?

must be all those ANIME TOP MODDERS

PLAY MEME MOD

yeah but doesnt have the problems last day does
especially with safe areas like skadovsk

fast travel will fuck you almost every time though.

Old version of MLR, there's a reason all other slavpacks moved to MLR 8

I just finished X-16 and for some reason the ecologists are hostile to me. Does anyone know how to use the debug menu to edit reputation? I must have hit one of them with a grenade fragment or something.

u can't.

You must finish what you began

Damn, this place is still a shithole. You gaybois still playing coc?

should have seen the last thread anime fag chimpout

Why is Clear Sky armor so aesthetic?

CS is one of the best factions

Who's hand is that

It's a cropped image of a mod for GMod, it's a bloodsuckers.
By the way, any of you guys got good CS-1/CS-2 armor pics?

CS is the worst faction, wish they didn't exist

kill yourself

stalkermod.ru/MODYI-Teni-CHernobyilya/stalker-taynyy-put.html

bermp

post stalker art

>Tweak luminosity and transparency to 0.75
>Run around the Zone at night with nothing but a nightvision helmet sniping Monoliths
This is fun.

How do I get gud at this game?
I'm at the military base after the underground and I'm trying to get the documents but these guys keep trapping and fucking me in a house.

Agreed they're a bunch of poorfags who are always begging for food or medicine and their swamp is the worst map in the game

>Local man gets meme at Agropom
Quick save, Quick load. Honestly, that area is a bit bullshit.
>Hey Strelok, deal with this entire Military Base
>Here let me sell you this TOZ64

is there a way to disable or destroy APCs in Agroprom? don't wanna waste ammo on those shits if not

Grenades. It usually just takes one.

I have been utilizing the quick saves and quick loads but this base is complete bullshit and I have no first aid of any kind which makes it even harder.

>no grenades
>none on billion militaryfags I just killed
I knew I should've slapped on a launcher on my g36 but nooooo, when are you gonna use it hurr

Actually I don't think VOG is enough to kill it, I remember seeing someone said that those deal less damage that regular nades. Might kill it with 3 shots though. But yeah, best you can do is hope to outrun it.
Yep, you can try to find a house to camp in and wait for them to march one by one but hope none of those shitheads have a grenade. I assume you are playing on vanilla or with a mod that doesn't add a chopper and boy is it going to get worse.

I'm only using the ZRP as far as mods go because since this is my first play I wanted to keep it as vanilla as possible

I just remembered that on my first pure vanilla SoC play through everyone was throwing grenades at me especially when I reached red forest.
With ZRP that wasn't the case in fact i dont remember anyone throwing a thing at me the whole game.
I wonder why.

k

*TS reeeeeeeeeeeeeee's in the distance*

they didnt see some soyboy as a threat
no need for grenade ivan
he is of the ghey

SoC vanilla without ZRP and OGSE 0692 and ive never seen a grenade thrown at me. Clear sky on the other hand....

my new phone pepe

abdabdabdabdababddats all folks

In CoC I took an APC out with a single VOG, shot it right underneath so it might just need a direct hit.

Speedrun it. Best if you have a save in the catacombs, before the level changer, so nobody starts out alerted and searching right as you load into the game. Pop out, sneak into the building, blast the two fellas on the top floor, the commander if he's not patrolling somewhere else and get the docs.
Take the ladder on the roof, southern side of the building, dropping you near a hole in the fence and you're out.

youtube.com/watch?v=H7LBTzZ3Kg0

Kill yourself

No you have to do it for me.

>VSS Vintorez has a worse falloff range than a Shotgun firing a slug
Well fine.

kill yourself

Go on, you still have school.

nigger what

That's because 9x39 is a subsonic round with a heavy ass bullet. Slugs might be heavy as fuck but they're still flying at supersonic velocities.

Does AI hear the supersonic bullet crack? Seems like they don't give a fuck unless they hear an impact.

If those hud markers that show your "noticed" and "noise" bars are true, then yes, shooting and even reloading makes a fuck ton of noise. Even switching weapons also almost maxes out the noise.

Firearms actions aren't quiet. An AK bolt slamming home, for instance, will make you shit yourself if you're not expecting the noise. I just hate how the way your character draws weapons implies that half the time he doesn't have them ready to fire at all times.

I'm no /k/ommando so I can't attest to that. But I do find it odd that an unsuppressed shot from a .50 cal is as noisy as simply pulling out a shotgun.

Wrong

Yeah, that irks me. If I had the patience I'd try to find some way to tweak the draw sound levels of each weapon in a pack. But that'd put me down the rabbit hole of making draw animations that imply that your firearms are kept at ready. No racking slides, pulling charging handles etc during the draw animation, because my autism would demand I go the whole hog and I just don't have the skills for that nor the time to learn.

From my experience, reloading and pulling guns out is quiet unless you quickload and it pulls your shit out, then it's a jet engine. No clue how it works but you faggots are overdramatizing it.

youtu.be/Mb538HmpLTw

As I said, there is a metre for that and it registers almost the same. It might be inaccurate but it's working quite well. Though the AI is absolutely at odds about it since the way they detect you is wonky.

is their any mods that adds music to yanov station/boat place

I think the most of the gunshot loudness ends up off-the-chart on that audio meter, like even in Last Day you can sneak behind a guy, make all kinds of inventory noise and he'll just sit there, but a gunshot or god forbid being slightly out of breath will alert him instantly.

rip sg

More like burn in hell.